• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell asleep with about an hour left after watching the entire thing lol so excited for the future and looks like about a little more over 3k until we get to 30k. INcredible!

Apparently they want to review 4 games a month. Seems a bit much, but hey I wouldn't mind it.

Divided up between Brandon, Blood, Ben and Huber that's 1 game a month each. It's probably a good time to get started as well, since there's still a decent number of big releases coming soon, but they've got about 6 months before the end of year silly season to sort out their work flow and schedules.

How would reviews work for them now?

I assume the big game companies like IGN and, in the past, Gametrailers got review copies weeks in advance so they could coincide their articles with the games release.

Will Easy Allies still get those copies? Or will they have to purchase the game on release (like the rest of us mugs!) and then review it. But by then they'd be no interest...

Par Score

For as much as I love Bosman and Huber, I think Ben might secretly be my favourite member of the crew for that sort of stone cold delivery.

Sami+

I assume the big game companies like IGN and, in the past, Gametrailers got review copies weeks in advance so they could coincide their articles with the games release.

Will Easy Allies still get those copies? Or will they have to purchase the game on release (like the rest of us mugs!) and then review it. But by then they'd be no interest...

Once they're established they'll be getting games no problem. Hell, they could probably have it happen immediately, I'm sure they have a lot of contacts in the industry from the GT days.

timmyp53

Prolific content creators like this will have no problem getting codes and stuff as long as they are proactive.

Once they're established they'll be getting games no problem. Hell, they could probably have it happen immediately, I'm sure they have a lot of contacts in the industry from the GT days.

I'm sure they can get games. They have GT contacts and almost 30k in funding from Patreon.

Hasney

Backdoor shady deals.

But seriously, I'm sure Brandon and Blood still have their contacts to get put back on lists.

crash-14

I doubt putting all the resources in stream it's the key. Audience won't come for their streams. Who ever likes "watching other people play" already have their channels to go. The stream started at 3k and it ended near 2k, so you'll assume most of the viewers were fanbase.

IMO the growth of this project resides on their original content. The shows can atract more audience. And I'll say that Damiani's "pop fiction show" and retrospective are the biggest weapons they'll have to attract new audience. That content it's almost unique in this industry. Well promote (by them and Us) should gain attention from other people and make them stay.
Bosman show with the do's and dont's for the NX reveal could also help.

There have been totally inexperienced new games media people that get review copies as long as they have even a small audience. EZA should have no problem. It's a de facto continuation of GT.

Hasney

I doubt putting all the resources in stream it's the key. Audience won't come for their streams. Who ever likes "watching other people play" already have their channels to go. The stream started at 3k and it ended near 2k, so you'll assume most of the viewers were fanbase.

IMO the growth of this project resides on their original content. The shows can atract more audience. And I'll say that Damiani's "pop fiction show" and retrospective are the biggest weapons they'll have to attract new audience. That content it's almost unique in this industry. Well promote (by them and Us) should gain attention from other people and make them stay.

Probably, but now since it's all their own equipment when they upgrade, there's probably not a reason why everything they buy can't be used for both now.

Is there really no way to see the beginning of their stream?! I know they didn't archive the beginning but does anyone know any other way to watch?

llehuty

I think Ian said in the Patreon clip that they will ask people pledging which games they want to get reviewed again, so I guess not all the reviews will be focused on the latest releases. This would also mean they don't need to invest a lot of time finishing a game for reviews that they have already finished.

Or maybe he was talking of a side thing, I don't know.

All the shows will be there even the Retros seem inevitable now! I mean we will be getting 2 podcasts from them, Ian, Huber, Bosman, Ben, and DAmiani all will have shows too. There will be plenty of original content plus streaming. Things are looking real good!

Now they need to get forums which will help grow the community as well!

Is there really no way to see the beginning of their stream?! I know they didn't archive the beginning but does anyone know any other way to watch?

Someone in here said they were recording it I believe

Hasney

I think Ian said in the Patreon clip that they will ask people pledging which games they want to get reviewed again, so I guess not all the reviews will be focused on the latest releases. This would also mean they don't need to invest a lot of time finishing a game for reviews that they have already finished.

Or maybe he was talking of a side thing, I don't know.

Bloodworth said on the stream that there's not much point reviewing things that are already out and that they'd be looking to do 4 games a month to start.

I hope that we will get Trailer Score back. It is relatively easy to produce and generates nice number of views .

Brandon said it was hard because he can't just drag Kyle and Blood into a room to review it as soon as it drops. We should probably let him know during Toybox that we don't mind waiting!

wapplew

I hope that we will get Trailer Score back. It is relatively easy to produce and generates nice number of views .

Ya, those things basically like react which get lots of view, if they remain relevant.
Let's play, react, review, they should do more then video game.

I´ll be home in two hours. Will check how much it recorded and if everything went fine.

Who´s running the "SomeGameNews" youtube channel? Youtube name "farisr". Would like it to be there if possible with the rest of the GT videos.

dex3108

Brandon said it was hard because he can't just drag Kyle and Blood into a room to review it as soon as it drops. We should probably let him know during Toybox that we don't mind waiting!

They can always do it during Tuesday group stream. Kyle and Blood maybe can come hour earlier and record 2-3 Trailer Scores for the rest of the week.

I'm still waiting for that NNK2 trailer score that was promised.

And I'm still salty that they admittedly forgot the trailer entirely at their Awards.

I said something similar to this in another Easy Allies thread, but I really hope they reconsider the early Podcast availability for the "GT Time-ish" pod. Having the less news-ish "what they are playing/general talk" pod be the exclusive early access makes more sense as that isn't likely to be dealing with the latest news.

I've donated so I get that perk of the early availability, but a video pod is largely useless to me because I listen to podcasts basically exclusively at work and video will destroy my data cap and i'd probably just wait the few days for the itunes upload. Not sure if they'll make the early pod available as just an audio download or not, but still it's an extra hoop to jump through if i'm downloading all of my other pods one way and this one a different way than just itunes, but that would be better than nothing.

Another thing, GT Time was recommended to me by a friend over a year ago and I basically wasn't familiar with GT before that time (bad times, i know). After being exposed to the pod, i've basically watched everything I could after the podcast hooked me. Of course i'd still recommend EZA to anyone, but I imagine it might be harder for others to as strongly recommend EZA pod if that it's mostly a news-ish pod and it arrives with already dated news on it.

That's my 2 cents, thrilled they are back and glad to see the Patreon was such a huge success.

I watched a couple hours of Monopoly yesterday and about an hour of Pokken last night (East coast) and that Pokken run was absolutely hysterical. I'm sure they were all starting to get a little loopy 8 hours in and it just meshed with Pokken so well. Hopefully they stream that some more!

sora87

4 full reviews will be fine considering they have their 2nd podcast which will have recent game discussions it seems

crash-14

Probably, but now since it's all their own equipment when they upgrade, there's probably not a reason why everything they buy can't be used for both now.

I was responding to this

Totally agree. I never understood why they always streamed with such low quality equipment. I think the reasoning was to have high production for the shows and the reviews, while the streams were a thing "on the side". Nowadays things are reversed, you have to put your best in community interaction, you can't skim on that front.
I really hope that they start streaming with good audio and a damn mixer, plus maybe someone checking the levels on their side (the days of "chat, how's the audio?" have to end).

They probably can do both, but if there's need to prioritize just choose the content.

All the shows will be there even the Retros seem inevitable now! I mean we will be getting 2 podcasts from them, Ian, Huber, Bosman, Ben, and DAmiani all will have shows too. There will be plenty of original content plus streaming. Things are looking real good!

Yeah, but I was speaking in the long run term. We are use to the their content, but despites how much we like it that content didn't attract new audience when they were GT. Only Final Bosman did when it first started (surpasing Annoyed gamer and Patch Attack).

Now that they're starting over I think thing like Pop Fiction and Retrospective can attract new audience that can stick to the "older content". It's content easy to spread and also can attract to certain communities. Things like KH Timeline helped to catch a few guys over.

BTW. I wonder if we'll get that MGS Timeline now.

TK-421

I'm very excited they made such a fast start. I watched as much as I could of the stream and really enjoyed the Quiplash game with 500+ audience members.

I hope they hire a good business guy to help manage everything. Coming into this much money this fast means they need someone thinking about the bigger picture.

sora87

The streams have me a bit concerned if they're doing them solo from their own houses mostly, the magic of the streams is having them together

They probably can do both, but if there's need to prioritize just choose the content.

I rarely watched their streams, because I'm in europe and I always found their shows much more compelling. I just wanted to point out that have a nice mic set up for a two hour stream can make a difference for me to chase that content. It also makes a much better first impression for newcomers.

Mikey Jr.

The streams have me a bit concerned if they're doing them solo from their own houses mostly, the magic of the streams is having them together

That's true.

They need a communal space though which they don't have atm. They did say they will have group streams once a week though.

Im hoping for just played to come back as well.

Also, there was an episode of something where 2 coworkers got together and argued amongst each other, one liking and the other disliking a game. Can't remember what it was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom