• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it tomorrow yet? I can't wait to get the first podcast.

You know, part of the problem Kinda Funny has is they only have 4 on camera people, one of whom doesn't really play games. This causes some issues where you'll hear Colin and Greg discuss something on one podcast, say the same thing on the Twitch show, and again on their other podcast. Or worse, they'll say something along the lines of "oh well I don't want to talk about this topic too much because we're doing to talk about it on this other podcast later".
For EZA, their team size is a huge advantage. I'd really like to see them do their own live daily news show. The Kinda Funny guys do one, but they're essentially ripping off sports radio, so I don't think they'd have to feel too bad. That way they could have the people who aren't going to be on the EZA news podcast discussing topics as they happen on a daily basis. Put in an option for donations to get questions/comments read on air and that could earn the Easy Allies some extra $$$$.

The streams have me a bit concerned if they're doing them solo from their own houses mostly, the magic of the streams is having them together

We need to get them to 50K for that new office.

Hasney

The streams have me a bit concerned if they're doing them solo from their own houses mostly, the magic of the streams is having them together

Brandon said on the stream that Tuesday is the big streaming day where as many as are available will come together at his house.

That's true.

They need a communal space though which they don't have atm. They did say they will have group streams once a week though.

Im hoping for just played to come back as well.

Also, there was an episode of something where 2 coworkers got together and argued amongst each other, one liking and the other disliking a game. Can't remember what it was called.

The second podcast sounds like it will cover the Just Played aspect of it all. Talking about games they've been playing.

Was the other show Opinion Yell? :lol I know there was a segment on Thanks for Playing where this occasionally happened, not sure on an actual dedicated show for it.

James93

Their plan was streaming, podcast and Bosman doing his thing. They didn't think that they would even hit the Huber show at $4k in the first day. Now they've got to sit down and thrash out a production schedule for all the shows and around 4 reviews a month.

Still my favourite exchange on the stream:

Ben: "Thanks to you guys, we'll be doing things we thought we'd never be able to do. We're doing reviews again!"
Ryan: "I'm so sorry"

Its amazing what the fans can do, now they just have to deliver.

Is there a general percentage out there of how much the creators get on Patreon after fees and taxes and all? Based on other people it sounds like a pretty staggering chunk is lost.

Excited to see how this turns out. Hope it continues to grow if the output is solid.

Hasney

Is there a general percentage out there of how much the creators get on Patreon after fees and taxes and all? Based on other people it sounds like a pretty staggering chunk is lost.

Excited to see how this turns out. Hope it continues to grow if the output is solid.

The amount that's shown on the page is the amount they get. It's already removed tax and Patreon cuts. The cuts aren't bad.

https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206197906

I love that the Patreon has hit enough stretch goals that initial production out of the gate should be similar to their output before the GT shutdown. I didn't think they would be able to return to that standard so quickly.

Its also amazing that it could be done with only 3000 dedicated patreon supporters. A truly remarkable time we live in.

wiibomb

I love that the Patreon has hit enough stretch goals that initial production out of the gate should be similar to their output before the GT shutdown. I didn't think they would be able to return to that standard so quickly.

Its also amazing that it could be done with only 3000 dedicated patreon supporters. A truly remarkable time we live in.

I still fear these patreon drop in the long run, so I would really wish for them to find some good sponsors or different incomes for them to sustain the job even without patreon.

Patreon is comprised of fans, and as a whole we have the problem of not being a constant they should be relying on, they should be using this money to make a better audience and possibly other incomes

Tuesday nights is them together for now I believe. I mean they have to start somewhere and I bet the bigger they get the better streams they can do

Hasney

I still fear these patreon drop in the long run, so I would really wish for them to find some good sponsors or different incomes for them to sustain the job even without patreon.

I've heard this, but I've not seen any real examples of a big Patreon drop unless their content stopped happening or there was a backlash. I don't fear anything other than a small drop if they can deliver anything at all.

The advertising model should be pursued of course, but it's going to be an addition. Internet advertising won't be enough to sustain them if that well was to suddenly dry up.

Visceir

Been catching up with yesterday's stream -- the fuck is wrong with Huber, shoving that katana under other member's noses and throats?

James93

Patreon is comprised of fans, and as a whole we have the problem of not being a constant they should be relying on, they should be using this money to make a better audience and possibly other incomes

Its good enough for the short term until they develop the brand a bit. They need a schedule and proven base to draw sponsors.

Hasney

Been catching up with yesterday's stream -- the fuck is wrong with Huber, shoving that katana under other member's noses and throats?

7TedtWv.gif

FTF

So could anyone please help update my avatar to have the EZA logo? Thanks in advance for your help!

J-Skee

Is it tomorrow yet? I can't wait to get the first podcast.

You know, part of the problem Kinda Funny has is they only have 4 on camera people, one of whom doesn't really play games. This causes some issues where you'll hear Colin and Greg discuss something on one podcast, say the same thing on the Twitch show, and again on their other podcast. Or worse, they'll say something along the lines of "oh well I don't want to talk about this topic too much because we're doing to talk about it on this other podcast later".
For EZA, their team size is a huge advantage. I'd really like to see them do their own live daily news show. The Kinda Funny guys do one, but they're essentially ripping off sports radio, so I don't think they'd have to feel too bad. That way they could have the people who aren't going to be on the EZA news podcast discussing topics as they happen on a daily basis. Put in an option for donations to get questions/comments read on air and that could earn the Easy Allies some extra $$$$.

We need to get them to 50K for that new office.

Especially for things like E3 coverage, etc. As I stated before, if they can't get the studio, I hope at the very least, they can get something on the show floor, similar to how GameSpot gave Kinda Funny their own space last year.

And I like your idea of them doing daily shows. Get the quick news discussions out of the way, then get more in-depth on the podcasts. At least for 5 days a week, that's putting their faces out there, getting them more Twitch subs, Patrons & most importantly, sponsers. And with their current 7-man team (along with Damiani & Don, whatever he's up to), they have a wide variety of voices to get in on the discussion.

Especially for things like E3 coverage, etc. As I stated before, if they can't get the studio, I hope at the very least, they can get something on the show floor, similar to how GameSpot gave Kinda Funny their own space last year.

And I like your idea of them doing daily shows. Get the quick news discussions out of the way, then get more in-depth on the podcasts. At least for 5 days a week, that's putting their faces out there, getting them more Twitch subs, Patrons & most importantly, sponsers. And with their current 7-man team (along with Damiani & Don, whatever he's up to), they have a wide variety of voices to get in on the discussion.

Seriously think that the Doritos Pope may help out in some way. I just get that feeling overall.

In terms of the $50k goal for the studio, I don't actually know if that means that they'd be getting an office for full time employment like people are alluding to. I think it just means that they'd be able to get out of Brandon's house and work in a small studio somewhere in LA that they rent every month, which I'm sure Amanda would love.

sora87

Seriously think that the Doritos Pope may help out in some way. I just get that feeling overall.

Yeah, Geoff obviously appreciates them all, especially Kyle and Brandon, if he's doing the youtube gaming thing again I hope he brings them in for the actual floor show days so they can report on games and do some interviews

J-Skee

But if they go on the floor they can't have real time reaction?
I kinda hope same format like last year.

Same.

I was also just talking about Geoff helping out in general not just E3

Why not both? Have a team out on location for interviews, quick takes & whatnot, then have a crew offsite for the live reactions, in-depth analysis, etc. I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I think they could pull it off. One step at a time though.

I just went back to watch the old pop fiction episodes since I dont think ive watched them in like several years. Now I'm super excited for it to come back in spirit ever more so than I already was!

mishakoz

Cracked 27k. Pretty confident they can role in an additional 3k before the month is out. I think retros are a waste of time (I would know) but i know it makes them happy.

Why not both? Have a team out on location for interviews, quick takes & whatnot, then have a crew offsite for the live reactions, in-depth analysis, etc. I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I think they could pull it off. One step at a time though.

Yeah I agree on both too. A rotating 3 or 4 person panel like last year with some guys on the floor.

oops double post my bad

sora87

But if they go on the floor they can't have real time reaction?
I kinda hope same format like last year.

They could live react to the conferences then they could cover the days E3 is actually open.
Last year they had people coming by to their stage for live demos during the week, could do something like that but with youtube gaming and Geoff.

wapplew

Cracked 27k. Pretty confident they can role in an additional 3k before the month is out. I think retros are a waste of time (I would know) but i know it makes them happy.

Retros are not time sensitive like podcast or react, it can get very high view count in the long run and they are unique, no one does something like that on the Internet.

mishakoz

Retros are not time sensitive like podcast or react, it can get very high view count in the long run and they are unique, no one does something like that on the Internet.

Yeah but I don't think people realize the amount of work required BEFORE the Gametrailers dissolution. They presumably lost all of their gameplay footage they had stored, so anything new needs to be recorded, and the library is mostly gone, meaning they might have to go find Game X for an old system. They are literally starting from scratch.

Not to say they absolutely shouldn't do it, but I rather have something that has more short term viability.

wapplew

Yeah but I don't think people realize the amount of work required BEFORE the Gametrailers dissolution. They presumably lost all of their gameplay footage they had stored, so anything new needs to be recorded, and the library is mostly gone, meaning they might have to go find Game X for an old system. They are literally starting from scratch.

Not to say they absolutely shouldn't do it, but I rather have something that has more short term viability.

That's why they are so far down the goal. Other shows still coming, retros will be a side projects without deadline.
We'll be lucky if they can make 1 retro per year.

Hasney

I have no interest whatsoever in Disney Infinity, but when someone talks this passionately about something like Brandon does, it's goddamn infectious. he got excited over a trashcan design!

sora87

That's why they are so far down the goal. Other shows still coming, retros will be a side projects without deadline.

Now they're crowd funded and have patreons, they could outsource game capture to other people willing to help out.

J-Skee

I have no interest whatsoever in Disney Infinity, but when someone talks this passionately about something like Brandon does, it's goddamn infectious. he got excited over a trashcan design!

I just listened to an interview on the PlayStation Blogcast with the Disney Infinity guys & honestly, they sold me on the whole thing, especially Marvel Battlegrounds. I have to look into that later today.

Hasney

I just listened to an interview on the PlayStation Blogcast with the Disney Infinity guys & honestly, they sold me on the whole thing, especially Marvel Battlegrounds. I have to look into that later today.

I watched Marvel Battlegrounds when it was on Giant Bomb's UPF and it did look pretty fun to be honest. Not sure I can still justify getting the game until I find it stupid cheap, even then, the need for figures puts me off a bit!

Now they're crowd funded and have patreons, they could outsource game capture to other people willing to help out.

Brandon said on the stream "I've not even checked the Patreon today... please tell me we didn't hit $30k". Basically clarified that he wants to do them, but get everything else in order first.

Think the stream last night someone mentioned people being producers on the Retrospectives, so I think getting people to capture footage for them might happen.

mishakoz

I have interest in Disney Infinity but its one of those hobbies that I just can't afford. Its so expensive and time consuming, a bad combo

So, i´ve got the first 3.5 hours of last nights stream. It´s a .ts file, so i gotta convert it first before uploading to youtube.

PM´d farisr about it, if we could upload it on his SomeGameNews channel, with the rest of the streams.

Hasney

I have interest in Disney Infinity but its one of those hobbies that I just can't afford. Its so expensive and time consuming, a bad combo

Brandon hadn't bought any crystal figures before GT closed, but he said while he wasn't feeling so great, he BUCKLED and bought all of them bar about 3!

So, i´ve got the first 3.5 hours of last nights stream. It´s a .ts file, so i gotta convert it first before uploading to youtube.

PM´d farisr about it, if we could upload it on his SomeGameNews channel, with the rest of the streams.

Awesome! If anyone from EZA comes around and are planning to upload the rest of the streams, could be worth offering them that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom