• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i´ve got the first 3.5 hours of last nights stream. It´s a .ts file, so i gotta convert it first before uploading to youtube.

PM´d farisr about it, if we could upload it on his SomeGameNews channel, with the rest of the streams.

I would make sure EZA is ok with it actually. They may have plans to do something similar.

Zomba13

I have interest in Disney Infinity but its one of those hobbies that I just can't afford. Its so expensive and time consuming, a bad combo

The thing about Disney Infinity for me is I have no interest at all in the game, everything just doesn't appeal to me BUT I like the figures. Some of them have really nice designs like some of the Marvel ones, nice cartoony/exagerated looks. But the issue is I'm neck deep in Amiibo. I've picked my fight and it's Nintendo. Even if there isn't a universal Amiibo game (which you'd think there would be like Infinity or Skylanders but, you know, Nintendo gonna dopey elephant around) I enjoy them for display and because I get to have little figures of characters I never thought I'd have little, well sculpted, affordable figures of like Lucas.

Mikey Jr.

I hope I don't sound like a Troll or something, but on my way home, I was thinking about the 30k.

30k a month is a lot of money. How are they spending this money if the guys aren't working full time and have no rent? They have to buy equipment. Sure. Other miscellaneous equipment. I get.

But do they need 15k to do huber hype and man ups?

Let's say month 2 they get 30k again. All tech and equipment has been purchased the first month. 30k split amongst 7 of them is 1100 a week. If you drop that in half, is that not enough to employ everyone full time and also rent a decent place?

Not saying there some backdoor shady deals or anything, just not sure why they can't do it at their current level.

Umibozu

You're forgetting very basic things like patreon's cut, taxes, that they live in the LA region. There's also don which you forgot to count

Edit: damn autocorrect

I hope I don't sound like a Troll or something, but on my way home, I was thinking about the 30k.

30k a month is a lot of money. How are they spending this money if the guys aren't working full time and have no rent? They have to buy equipment. Sure. Other miscellaneous equipment. I get.

But do they need 15k to do huber hype and man ups?

Let's say month 2 they get 30k again. All tech and equipment has been purchased the first month. 30k split amongst 7 of them is 1100 a week. If you drop that in half, is that not enough to employ everyone full time and also rent a decent place?

Not saying there some backdoor shady deals or anything, just not sure why they can't do it at their current level.

LA is expensive. Right now 30k isn't enough for all of them full time at this point. It gets them a lot closer but also this is month one. Let's see if they get a steady patreon going so they can be full time.

otakukidd

Now they're crowd funded and have patreons, they could outsource game capture to other people willing to help out.
Holy shit your right. Throw it out there to fans for some capture and then put them in the credits. They would have to work with them though to keep video quality constant though.

Roubjon

We shouldn't expect to see them up and running fully until like the end of next month.

Yeah, for sure. Everything we know now about their current plans is when they expected to get <10K a month. Things have clearly changed.

They aren't taking advatage of them though... I don't see how people who are willing to help just because they want to is wrong.

Yeah, you're right. Forget I said anything.

sora87

Just because you can take advantage of people, doesn't mean you should.

It's not really taking advantage, at least not in my eyes. I'd be happy to play some games for them and get some footage if it meant they could produce more content and get it out in a more timely fashion. I'd be more than happy with a quick mention in the credits too.

otakukidd

They aren't taking advatage of them though... I don't see how people who are willing to help just because they want to is wrong.
As long as it's not required to get the video, just to make it come faster, and you give credit at the end of the video to all the people that donated there shouldnt be problems.

Edit: hey finally made member yay.

So Brandon just confirmed that EZA is currently no one's full-time job, not even his, and they are all looking for full-time work. Which is why all streams and the podcast are scheduled for the evening/night, to account for anybody who works during the day.

So Brandon just confirmed that EZA is currently no one's full-time job, not even his, and they are all looking for full-time work. Which is why all streams and the podcast are scheduled for the evening/night, to account for anybody who works during the day.

Going by his earlier comments as well, they are aware that the patreon pledges could drop off after the initial buzz, so it sounds like they aren't going to be making any big moves until they are more sure of how consistent the support will be.

They've got a 4th person / company in the $500 tier (which is suddenly appearing to be good value for businesses) - so the total's leapt to over $27.6k.

gazele

Banned
Hope they look into ads for the podcast (obviously would need to put out a few and show high listener rates), maybe not for the patreon one as a bonus? Seems like an easy way to add some more revenue

Karu

How does Patreon work? Could 10,000 of that drop out in month 2? Or is there some sort of commitment? I hope there is.
No commitment what so ever. I think that's good. As long as they will put out content on a regular basis it will probably stay at a rather high amount - looking at other succesful patreons like Comedy Button or Jim Sterling etc. They have a responsibility now and that's a good thing.

I hope they've not overstretched themselves with these goals though. That's a lot of content for them to produce now, and I'll be praying for Brandon if it hits $30k.

crash-14

Hey do the Kinda Funny guys get to go to E3? I would be sad if EZA don't get to go, they're gems in this industry.

I wouldn't worry that much for EZA on E3. I'm sure Geoff will count with some (if no all) of them to work on the coverage if they can't find something by themself

I've heard this, but I've not seen any real examples of a big Patreon drop unless their content stopped happening or there was a backlash. I don't fear anything other than a small drop if they can deliver anything at all.

The advertising model should be pursued of course, but it's going to be an addition. Internet advertising won't be enough to sustain them if that well was to suddenly dry up.

As a % of their total, Mega64's has gone down by a fair bit.

gazele

Banned
I hope they've not overstretched themselves with these goals though. That's a lot of content for them to produce now, and I'll be praying for Brandon if it hits $30k.

It's definitely a lot, but it doesn't seem too bad, especially with 8 people

I kinda hope there's a 40K Bosman show stretch goal, seems like a lot of people would like that

Jrmint

It's definitely a lot, but it doesn't seem too bad, especially with 8 people

I kinda hope there's a 40K Bosman show stretch goal, seems like a lot of people would like that
The OP said there will be a Bosman show on the YouTube channel, but it's not supported by Patreon.

DMiz

I agree. (Also, hey MultiJhonny - GAF shoutout on chat last night! :D)

They're on a good starting point but the guys are also clearly learning a lot as they go along, on top of their own searches for day jobs to help supplement their regular lifestyles. Personally, as a fan, I have no problem assisting them with game capture if it's something that they need and it's a game I intended to play in the first place. It eases up on the logistics for them to handle things like reviews. As others have also mentioned, so long as credit is given where credit is due, I'm fine with that arrangement.

So happy to hear that someone got a capture of the Monopoly stream, btw. I missed large chunks of it due to failing internet and would love to relive those moments again!

Bittercup

So could anyone please help update my avatar to have the EZA logo? Thanks in advance for your help!
okbjvxr27lpqw.png

:)

So, i´ve got the first 3.5 hours of last nights stream. It´s a .ts file, so i gotta convert it first before uploading to youtube.

PM´d farisr about it, if we could upload it on his SomeGameNews channel, with the rest of the streams.
Awesome. I'm glad it's not lost. I only saw the beginning and that was already very jolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom