• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Probably means something got copyright claimed in the video. There shouldn't be any adverts because they're funded by patreon.

It's not because they are funded by patreon that they can't choose to show ads. I know Jim Sterling doesn't do this because he's funded on patreon, but it is not a rule.

I did see an ad yesterday as well on the banner saga 2 review, so I think they just enabled ads (I don't mind btw, I am used to it because of other channels anyway).
I didn't notice it before yesterday either, but I usually watch youtube on PS4 and I watched the review on my tablet yesterday. Ads are not always shown (on the console apps at least).

bryanee

Adverts don't bother me in the slightest. You can skip a bunch after 5 seconds and the banner ones that pop up a few seconds into a video are gone with a click of a button.

I'm for it if it helps them.

Even if you don't like GB, their "Giantbomb LIVE @ E3" end-of-the-day videos are AMAZING. I seriously recommend you check it out. Tons of guests and almost always some craziness happens (Dave Lang Phone™ The GOAT :D).

diablogod

So Bosman v Wozniak inspired me to play Tetris for the first time in over a decade. Bosman makes it look so easy, but I can't keep up at level 9, and I'm really struggling with optimizing piece placement. I need to train more. I guess there's no way I'd qualify as a Tetris coach, so I'll stick to being a cheerleader of sorts! :p

This was me as well. Used to love Tetris as a kid. Recently been playing hardcore for like 3 weeks. Managed to get up past 400k score, takes a sick run and practice at the speedier levels.

Chuck

Still without luck
Even if you don't like GB, their "Giantbomb LIVE @ E3" end-of-the-day videos are AMAZING. I seriously recommend you check it out. Tons of guests and almost always some craziness happens (Dave Lang Phone™ The GOAT :D).
People in here don't like GB?!

I am going to check it out this E3 if its not overlapping with EZA.

El-Suave

I don't mind GB, I was a huge fan of Gerstman and company in the old Gamespot days. Jeff has incredible comedic talent and he is great at getting developers to present their game favorably in an E3 environment when they might be nervous if they're not media trained. That said I haven't followed GB closely for years because the group composition lacks some variety for me personally. But that's not saying they're bad at their jobs or anything, I just miss personalities like Rich Gallup from their real glory days. He was a mix between Huber, Jones and Bosman.
We really shouldn't insult them though, they're true veterans on the media side and you don't survive as long as they have without being good.

sora87

God bless the queen yada yada yada.

I think that's my annual minimum patriotism quota sorted.

giphy.gif

Tankard

Ben Moore ‏@BenMoore035 7 h Há 7 horas
Everyone is so nice! Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Made my day already.

Happy Birthday, Ben.

Wait wait wait. Jones has never finished FF7?! We may need a new season of "Jones Plays" soon.

Also, Blood, if you guys can somehow allow for a remote editor, I'm unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands. Can easily fill in for you guys with cutting stuff like the podcasts, tabletop, Jones Plays, etc.

We've had ads enabled on most videos on the main channel right from the start. Not sure why some people are just now seeing them. Easy Allies Plays channel is not monetized, but they are more prone to copyright claims that will take revenue for licensed music, etc.

farisr

Wait wait wait. Jones has never finished FF7?! We may need a new season of "Jones Plays" soon..
I don't think this is the same case as Pokemon at all. Pokemon, Brandon didn't even touch, and is actually enjoying right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (as I could very well be confusing this with someone elses thoughts on the game who hadn't played it all the way through either) but I think Brandon attempted to play FF7 and I think he lost interest (possibly because the game feels dated, or the graphics or whatever, I don't remember the exact reason), and I think it's one of the reasons why Brandon's looking forward to playing the remake.

Again, sorry if I'm mistaken, but that's how I remember it.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong.
Brandon played it when it came out and only got to the Avalanche hideout.
2nd Edit: or maybe I was kinda right that he lost interest and didn't play much. Was just wrong about the timing of when he played it...

I don't think this is the same case as Pokemon at all. Pokemon, Brandon didn't even touch, and is actually enjoying right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (as I could very well be confusing this with someone elses thoughts on the game who hadn't played it all the way through either) but I think Brandon attempted to play FF7 and I think he lost interest (possibly because the game feels dated, or the graphics or whatever, I don't remember the exact reason), and I think it's one of the reasons why Brandon's looking forward to playing the remake.

I am now remembering something similar. Damn. Still, though.

Visceir

Wait wait wait. Jones has never finished FF7?! We may need a new season of "Jones Plays" soon.

Also, Blood, if you guys can somehow allow for a remote editor, I'm unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands. Can easily fill in for you guys with cutting stuff like the podcasts, tabletop, Jones Plays, etc.

Jones is an extremely busy man who probably doesn't have time for 50h jrpgs anymore, not ones that are on consoles anyway.

I would recommend people to check out their FF7 full playthrough from last year. Probably still my favorite "let's play" from them.

Besides, everyone knows Persona 4 Golden is the correct answer

Adverts don't bother me in the slightest. You can skip a bunch after 5 seconds and the banner ones that pop up a few seconds into a video are gone with a click of a button.

I'm for it if it helps them.

Oh yeah, it didn't bother me in the slightest. I liked seeing it, thinking that perhaps it means they're getting more money.

I'd just never seen it before. Pleasantly surprised.

bradbot

Neo Member

Brandon played it when it came out and only got to the Avalanche hideout.

Tankard

The EZA podcast the youtube version

It's up for Patrons since Wednesday. It should go free for everyone at some point later today.

It went up late for backers, so probably going to make it free late as well.

Oh yep, sorry Tokyo, i often forget it's not available for everyone on Wednesday, lol. Might be up soon, as it went up very late this week on Wednesday they like to be fair to patrons and wait also a little longer to make it available on Friday.

KRaZyAmmo

So Bosman v Wozniak inspired me to play Tetris for the first time in over a decade. Bosman makes it look so easy, but I can't keep up at level 9, and I'm really struggling with optimizing piece placement. I need to train more. I guess there's no way I'd qualify as a Tetris coach, so I'll stick to being a cheerleader of sorts! :p

I'm the same way. Bosman looks so easy, while me being a scrub at even level 9.

Hasney

Bosman said on Dumb Game Wednesday that Final bets will be recorded next week, but Brandon will be cutting it, so it may be a while.

As a casual fan of easy A and listen / watch some of the stuff they do simply because its to much content (FOR ME) to watch every week.
2 questions.

Is their a E3 plan for the group yet?
Are they going to the show itself?
Do they have appointments etc?
Going to live stream reactions during conferences this year etc?

How is the group / company doing?
At this point who has a job / do they need new jobs or is the group now enough funded or?

Thanks all :)

Tankard

As a casual fan of easy A and listen / watch some of the stuff they do simply because its to much content (FOR ME) to watch every week.
2 questions.

Is their a E3 plan for the group yet?
Not yet, they were supposed to release it by the end of this week.
Are they going to the show itself?
Yes.
Do they have appointments etc?
They didn't say it, but i'm pretty sure they do.
Going to live stream reactions during conferences this year etc?
Yes.

How is the group / company doing?
Fantastic.
At this point who has a job / do they need new jobs or is the group now enough funded or?
They are not enough funded to be all working full time yet. Brandon, Ben and Damiani are the ones working full time on EZA by now, which doesn't mean they are earning full time.

Thanks all :)

There you go.

Oh cool. I have been away from EZA for a little bit but coming back since I actually have time to focus on games but when did Ben say he was doing this full-time? I figured Damiani was because he moved back to LA for it
The Cup Of Jones after Damiani came back Jones said those two were brought on full time

Tankard

Oh cool. I have been away from EZA for a little bit but coming back since I actually have time to focus on games but when did Ben say he was doing this full-time? I figured Damiani was because he moved back to LA for it

Brandon said this on one of his Cup of Jones episodes.

Hasney

Just one correction, Brandon did detail the E3 plans. Live streaming one hour before press conferences start on those days, live streaming through, then love for at least an hour afterwards. On show floor days, live streaming from 8pm to talk about what they saw. Don't expect footage from the show floor unless it's for their shows, they;re just going to talk about what they saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom