• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Will there be live reactions for the conferences?

So since it was lost on the last post on the last page. E3 PLANS

Going live 1 hour before the first conference on conference day
Live talking during the conferences with the conference in a small screen
Live for at least 1 hour after the final conference of the day
On show floor days, live from 8pm talking about what they've seen and played

Also, Brandon teased that Allies may be showing up on other peoples content

Hasney

But i thought they were going to attend the conferences? Or just the show floor maybe?

Show floor yeah. I think there's going to be 4 or 5 people live at any one time again though, so individuals might be going to certain conferences if they want. Not sure.

Sounds awesome.

farisr

Brandon played it when it came out and only got to the Avalanche hideout.
Ah I see, looks like I confused someone else's story/experience with his.

Edit: or maybe I was kinda right that he lost interest and didn't play much. Was just wrong about the timing of when he played it...

Woo, happy birthday Ben!

26mw6O5.gif

Happy birthday Ben-kun!!!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm like a week late to bosman's standup, but that smiling expression he put on after each joke floored me much harder than his actual jokes. So good

Spaghetti

I've never ever bothered to really check Giant Bomb, but after seeing one of them on the Kinda Funny podcast I'm not too hyped to check them out.

"I don't care about Shenmue and will never care about it"

And then he whine about how people get exited about a CG trailer because he knows the game will never look like that (FFVII-R). Oh and he also whined about people exited for the Shenmue KS.

I don't know, but that seems very VERY different from EZA, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm not very interested myself in them for what he said there.
I wouldn't let that dissuade you from checking out Giant Bomb.

Jeff can be cynical and negative, and can be very dismissive of other people's tastes. That said, he's an industry veteran, genuinely funny and entertaining, and his insight is usually very well reasoned when he expands beyond "fuck this/fuck that". Even though I don't really agree with him on a lot of stuff, I still value what he's got to say when he expands on the soundbites.

And besides, Giant Bomb isn't a monolith. There are plenty of people on that site with many differences of opinion, even if sometimes they can kind of... homogenise on certain topics.

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Have EZA announced anything in the way of E3 coverage?

Jeff can be cynical and negative, and can be very dismissive of other people's tastes. That said, he's an industry veteran, genuinely funny and entertaining, and his insight is usually very well reasoned when he expands beyond "fuck this/fuck that". Even though I don't really agree with him on a lot of stuff, I still value what he's got to say when he expands on the soundbites.

And besides, Giant Bomb isn't a monolith. There are plenty of people on that site with many differences of opinion, even if sometimes they can kind of... homogenise on certain topics.

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Have EZA announced anything in the way of E3 coverage?
They're doing an announcement video that'll probably go up this weekend, but the gist is: yes. They'll be on the floor during the week, and doing live commentary on the weekend conferences.

my dawg spaghetti, anytime shenmue is mentioned you know he's coming!

I appreciate your love for the greatest series of all time

scroll up you'll see the E3 plans

Spaghetti

my dawg spaghetti, anytime shenmue is mentioned you know he's coming!

I appreciate your love for the greatest series of all time

scroll up you'll see the E3 plans
Hahaha. I swear Shenmue had nothing to do with it this time, even if I can come off as a "Bloody Mary" figure who appears whenever that word is mentioned.

I was just browsing the thread and saw Giant Bomb mentioned. Figured I should add my two cents into the mix as someone who frequently disagrees with Jeff on stuff but still enjoys the content/respects what he's got to say.

I hope to not see a repeat of the Giant Bomb V Gametrailers stuff from last year. This town is big enough for the both of them, even if I did prefer the GT optimism during the conference coverage. The after-hours show on GB is legendary though, that's really why I tune into their E3 coverage above all else.

They're doing an announcement video that'll probably go up this weekend, but the gist is: yes. They'll be on the floor during the week, and doing live commentary on the weekend conferences.
Aw yisssss. I'm doing a triple threat setup going between EZA, Giant Bomb, and the Youtube coverage then.

Hasney

Woo!

And as for Giant Bomb, they are the go to place for VR Hot Takes

https://fat.gfycat.com/WeightyFlatKookaburra.webm

I'm only halfway through episode 9 of TTE, but where did Moof go?

He's around, just not talked about much. Moof stuff picks up again later.

dickroach

GB's "Contradiction" playthrough was super fun. I saw a bit of their E3 coverage and thought it was really bitter... so I stopped paying attention to them.
I don't understand how anyone would HATE a website completely optional content :\

I hope the press conference reactions are a little less ghetto this year. You had to manually sync up the audio with the press conference which was a pain.

Hasney

I hope the press conference reactions are a little less ghetto this year. You had to manually sync up the audio with the press conference which was a pain.

All the conferences they did after like Gamescom, PGW and TGS had audio from the conference at the same time. I'm assuming that will be the case going forward.

Hasney

So the betting special is being taped on Tuesday during the group stream. They're just going to drag people off to film it. It will look low budget, but hey, it'll happen!

if it ends like the last ones, we'll probably hear Kyle and Huber yelling their ending too during the stream :lol

Yeah, my least favorite thing about Jeff is when he talks some of the others out of trying something he didn't like. Drew has never tried DriveClub, for example.

Spaghetti

Yeah, my least favorite thing about Jeff is when he talks some of the others out of trying something he didn't like. Drew has never tried DriveClub, for example.
When he looked up the ending of Life is Strange to try poo-pooing it during Game of the Year discussions sticks out to me of one of the shittier things he's done. Then again, GOTY is where the knives come out and civility goes out the fuckin' window entirely, so whatever.

Anyway-

Is Huber Syndrome self-shot? It always seems to be marginally out of focus.

last years E3 is when I stopped following the Giantbomb crew and started watching the Gametrailers guys. Huber, Bosman and Brad have such enthusiasm for gaming that was super evident during the 2015 E3 press conferences, so much passion for it...and I switch over to the Giantbomb stream and it was crickets and snarky-ness. The FF7 announcement for example had complete opposite reactions. I was a superfan of giantbomb, but the overall negativity started to wear thin. maybe its because the GT guys are around my age and are less cynical? idk.

last years E3 is when I stopped following the Giantbomb crew and started watching the Gametrailers guys. Huber, Bosman and Brad have such enthusiasm for gaming that was super evident during the 2015 E3 press conferences, so much passion for it...and I switch over to the Giantbomb stream and it was crickets and snarky-ness. The FF7 announcement for example had complete opposite reactions. I was a superfan of giantbomb, but the overall negativity started to wear thin. maybe its because the GT guys are around my age and are less cynical? idk.

Exactly the way I felt too.

It's fine to be different or a little jaded, but the non-reaction and snark to FF7R and Shenmue 3 were really off-putting. Its ok to not like those games, but at least show some perspective.

What's Bosman doing with these stand-up bets? He's a pretty funny and smart guy but developing an actual stand-up routine that works is really hard. Is he rebelling against the notion that his crew keeping making this unfair bet? That if he makes it obvious he's not really trying he can't actually fail it? As a viewer it's disappointing to watch. It would be exciting to see him actually try even if he bombs a few and land a couple others.

Hasney

What's Bosman doing with these stand-up bets? He's a pretty funny and smart guy but developing an actual stand-up routine that works is really hard. Is he rebelling against the notion that his crew keeping making this unfair bet? That if he makes it obvious he's not really trying he can't actually fail it? As a viewer it's disappointing to watch. It would be exciting to see him actually try even if he bombs a few and land a couple others.

How was the last one not actually trying? Sure, it was a semi-troll and a callback to the last one (making it even better), but it was gold. Especially the mis-direction of that Baja Men jone. That was world class.

I'm definitely older than the eza guys, I think the shenmue 3 reveal looked like trash and I never played FFVII. I was enthralled by the passion of the young new (hot) blood running through these young fellow's veins.

How was the last one not actually trying? Sure, it was a semi-troll and a callback to the last one (making it even better), but it was gold. Especially the mis-direction of that Baja Men jone. That was world class.

No no no, every joke was: long set up -> pun punchline. And there wasn't even a clever layer to the pun, it was base level stuff. Like literally just stating a word that sounds like something mentioned in the setup. He clearly wasn't actually trying to be funny.

Was just rewatching the No Man Sky debate from last E3 that they brought up on the podcast, damn Jones just goes off the rails. Poor Ben just relaying the awesome feeling of the game while Jones is demanding to know the nuts & bolts of it rather than its concept.
Glad he apologised on the podcast for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom