• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

EA's conferences are just bore-fests. Ubisoft rarely has any games I'm interested in either, but thanks to awkward moments like this, at least I won't fall asleep.

Asd202

We're a almost a week away (in 1 hour) from the start of EA E3 conference stream! Hype!

E3 hype finally getting to me

Kneefoil

I'm in it for South Park and For Honor...I have more faith in Ubisoft's smaller studios.

South Park is something I'm looking forward to as well. I haven't played Stick of Truth (yet), but Matt and Trey are always fun to listen to.

Also looking forward to BG&E2 but, well, y'know... :(

In terms of E3 press conferences for me

Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendo Direct>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft>Ubisoft>EA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PC mountain dew thing.

Sony is usually the one with the crazy shit
Nintendo sometimes doesnt take E3 seriously despite having amazing developers and games
Microsoft will occasionally show cool stuff
Ubisoft has dancing and annualized games, with an occasional surprise
EA has pele
The PC thing i stopped watching after the mountain dew intro, i assumed it was going to turn into VGX 2.0 after that.
Bethesda actually had a good conference last year but im not into fallout so i kept of slept through the 2nd half of it.

So, is there any formal post or anything where EZA actually lets the community know of what their E3 Streaming plans are or are going to be?

Do we just tune in to the EZA Twitch channel on Sunday to watch their coverage or what?

Thanks!

Hasney

In terms of E3 press conferences for me

Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendo Direct>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft>Ubisoft>EA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PC mountain dew thing.

Sony is usually the one with the crazy shit
Nintendo sometimes doesnt take E3 seriously despite having amazing developers and games
Microsoft will occasionally show cool stuff
Ubisoft has dancing and annualized games, with an occasional surprise
EA has pele
The PC thing i stopped watching after the mountain dew intro, i assumed it was going to turn into VGX 2.0 after that.
Bethesda actually had a good conference last year but im not into fallout so i kept of slept through the 2nd half of it.

Sony, MS and nintendo are all interchangeable depending on the year for me.

So, is there any formal post or anything where EZA actually lets the community know of what their E3 Streaming plans are or are going to be?

Do we just tune in to the EZA Twitch channel on Sunday to watch their coverage or what?

Thanks!

An hour before the conference they go live. Brandon explained it all on the group stream, but there will be a video to explain it all.

So Screen Junkies and Smosh are going to be doing a Gamer Fight show starting this month. I really hope that means some EZA members will compete every once and a while. Only issue is it is Defy so not sure if their is too much bad blood. But what a way to plug EZA.

big fake

Sadly Matt Blair as of this time isn't working on any of the Allies' projects as far as I know.
Not sure what he's doing currently though. But in any case that's the reason that he doesn't really have a presence currently in the content they do.

Ya that I knew of. Shame really, I got into the GT crew late preceding their close and Matt had some good points and opinions out there.

Also on the topic of Ubisoft and EA, the show last year for both were pretty shitty to watch in between Games but EA's was the worst for the sports highlights and Pele. I don't recall but hoop god was on EA's stage right? Man I would love for more of him this year to mull us over in between the slog.

Ubisoft delivered for years now. In terms of entertaining value they TRUMP EA easily. EA Sports alone destroys their conference beyond recognition. Also... Aisha Taylor rocks as the host. And if we talk about EA concept-conference... yeah, i would call that slightly embarrasing.

I tend to agree Ubisoft makes competent games for the most part. EA Sports lack of innovation and disappointing games with stupid restrictions (NFS example #1) lower them far below Ubi.

Aisha Was ruined as a host to me when she tried to get that cosplayer to make a meme out of thin air. "Who kept the Christmas lights on during the apocalypse" #neverforget

Aisha Tyler is more cringeworthy than Mr Caffeine, and at least that guy was funny, in a sort of horrible, laughing-at-him-not-with-him kind of way. Aisha has me putting the stream on mute every time she walks on stage.

Anyway, it's gotta be time for bets soon between Huber and Bosman right? That's one of the best things about E3 right there.

Hasney

Aisha Tyler is more cringeworthy than Mr Caffeine, and at least that guy was funny, in a sort of horrible, laughing-at-him-not-with-him kind of way. Aisha has me putting the stream on mute every time she walks on stage.

Anyway, it's gotta be time for bets soon between Huber and Bosman right? That's one of the best things about E3 right there.

They're filming the bets during the group stream on Tuesday (off camera) and then we'll just have to wait for Brandon to edit it up. Hopefully he doesn't have too much on his plate this week, although Cup of Jones and Brandon Plays Pokemon have already slipped into this week.

Chuck

Still without luck

Agreed. She's a nightmare of a person.

sn00zer

wat.....Aisha is fine....the #girlboner thing two years ago was a miss but last time she was on she did great

Wow.. hyperbole off the charts here. A cringeworthy press conference where she tries to have fun about fucking video games doesn't make someone a bad person... Jeez. The gaming community as a whole needs to get a hold of itself.

Wow.. hyperbole off the charts here. A cringeworthy press conference where she tries to have fun about fucking video games doesn't make someone a bad person... Jeez. The gaming community as a whole needs to get a hold of itself.

I think she does a great job. She isn't stiff as hell like some of the CEO and developers that be on stage. Plus she's seems to be having fun like you said. I just don't understand how people on forums go from 0-100 outta nowhere. How is she a "nightmare" exactly?

I think she does a great job. She isn't stiff as hell like some of the CEO and developers that be on stage. Plus she's seems to be having fun like you said. I just don't understand how people on forums go from 0-100 outta nowhere. How is she a "nightmare" exactly?

Yeah I mean I am not a fan of the conference presentation ever really but that doesn't make someone a bad person lol

Wrapped up ICO replay and now Transformers Devastation today. I've been sitting wondering what games to play next. I have a ton to get too and then I had a "ah hah" moment. I realized a number of games I'm looking forward to this year I need to work off their previous games! That really helped bring in some focus and some goals. So now I've got the following queue

Zero Escape:VLR
Deus Ex:HR
Dishonored

Now I gotta find a 999 recap because I 100% that game but it's been years and I need a refresher.

Wrapped up ICO replay and now Transformers Devastation today. I've been sitting wondering what games to play next. I have a ton to get too and then I had a "ah hah" moment. I realized a number of games I'm looking forward to this year I need to work off their previous games! That really helped bring in some focus and some goals. So now I've got the following queue

Zero Escape:VLR
Deus Ex:HR
Dishonored

Now I gotta find a 999 recap because I 100% that game but it's been years and I need a refresher.

Didn't the iOS version of 999 take out all the puzzles and add a VLR-style flowchart? That might be a good option to quickly run through it.

ArjanN

Lol.
I'd like to you try to make those scripts work better.

Even though Chuck's comment was dumb, most of the cringey stuff from her seemed adlibbed.

I still prefer her to some boring suit, but some of it definitely comes off as trying a little too hard.

Burt

I'll take anything and anyone as long as Ubi doesn't try to pass off incredibly self-serious scripted dialogue as natural party conversation. That Crowbcat thread reminded me how facepalmy it is. Literally the worst, most insulting part of a video about egregious graphical downgrades.

Graphical targets and goals are one thing, but that scripted dialogue? Not only are they doing a terrible job straight up lying about the stupidest, most inconsequential fucking thing you could lie about, but they're the only people on the planet who don't realize we all know they're lying.

Sadly Matt Blair as of this time isn't working on any of the Allies' projects as far as I know.
Not sure what he's doing currently though. But in any case that's the reason that he doesn't really have a presence currently in the content they do.

I'm hoping for a Bets cameo from Matt.

trejo

Aisha Tyler is awesome. I suppose you'd all rather see bashful developers and execs nervously mumbling their way through their scripted lines? Sad to see all this hate towards her. :(

crash-14

I'm the only one that would love those top 10 they use to do for E3 content... I know they can't do it in a regular basis, but this it's somethinh special...

Probably not enough time to think about it seriously.

Any info about the betting special?

I'm the only one that would love those top 10 they use to do for E3 content... I know they can't do it in a regular basis, but this it's somethinh special...

Probably not enough time to think about it seriously.

Any info about the betting special?
They're filming the special Tuesday as the group stream is going on

Didn't the iOS version of 999 take out all the puzzles and add a VLR-style flowchart? That might be a good option to quickly run through it.
I found a good YouTube playthrough and read a wiki synopsis so I should be good

Auctopus

Aisha Taylor is the worst thing about the Ubi presser. Hells 420 in this bitch.

EA is fine, it's just a little stale and cold but remember a lot of the crowd is investors etc. Also EA Sports sells gangbusters so during those segments at E3, try to understand that some people have different tastes to you.

UrbanRats

Aisha Taylor is the worst thing about the Ubi presser. Hells 420 in this bitch.

EA is fine, it's just a little stale and cold but remember a lot of the crowd is investors etc. Also EA Sports sells gangbusters so during those segments at E3, try to understand that some people have different tastes to you.

You can have EA sports without wasting so much time with pointless side shit, like having Pelè talk for 20 minutes.
I like FIFA, so i don't mind EA sports in general (especially if they were to bring back SKATE :p or NBA Street) it's just the way it's presented.

Personally i like a conference that is games back to back, with as little bollocks as possible, no guests, no celebs, just get to the point and move on.

That said, that stuff is the one with the potential to go really bad, and that is 70% of the E3 fun, generally.

Portugeezer

Ubisoft delivered for years now. In terms of entertaining value they TRUMP EA easily. EA Sports alone destroys their conference beyond recognition. Also... Aisha Taylor rocks as the host. And if we talk about EA concept-conference... yeah, i would call that slightly embarrasing.

Pele.

'nuff said

farisr

That's weird on the 3 occasions i have met her she was extremely nice and humble and everyone i know who has met as well says the same thing.

Maybe you caught her on a bad day?
He seems to be just talking about seeing her on stage rather than actually in person. Anyways hyperbole off the charts. I'm glad Ubi ignores all these guys. Aisha's one of the better presenters and keeps things interesting throughout the conference.

DMiz

Aisha is definitely one of the better presenters that I enjoy watching.

Are all the lines that she says gold? No. But I'm also willing to be that there are tons of lines that aren't 'hers', but things that are pre-written that she has to say.

She otherwise keeps the conference fun, despite the obvious shilling and placement that is done throughout the audience. I'd rather that than another suit who is out there trying to shill out their products. She at least seems interested the appropriate amount, as opposed to being ridiculously hyped or overly mundane.

ito007

Aisha is definitely one of the better presenters that I enjoy watching.

Are all the lines that she says gold? No. But I'm also willing to be that there are tons of lines that aren't 'hers', but things that are pre-written that she has to say.

She otherwise keeps the conference fun, despite the obvious shilling and placement that is done throughout the audience. I'd] rather that than another suit who is out there trying to shill out their products. She at least seems interested the appropriate amount, as opposed to being ridiculously hyped or overly mundane.
I totally understand this sentiment. This can just look so bad. I will say though that if a company wants to come off as friendly and understanding, having their own CEO or VP talk on stage could potentially go a long way. Of course it can have the exact opposite effect, but they definitely wouldn't help themselves in that matter if they didn't try. I think Shawn Layden is a good example of that. People seem to be warming up to him more and more.

Jones is an extremely busy man who probably doesn't have time for 50h jrpgs anymore, not ones that are on consoles anyway.

I would recommend people to check out their FF7 full playthrough from last year. Probably still my favorite "let's play" from them.

Besides, everyone knows Persona 4 Golden is the correct answer

To refute the console point of that argument, it's available on PSP and Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom