• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Thats what I did last year.

Was only really a fan of Bosman and Huber before last year's E3.
After E3 I became a fan of everyone.

So many great moments.. hype ones like Huber's tears, fun ones like Bosman finally getting the "fractured, but whole" joke, and heated ones like Brandon V Ben: No Man's discussion.

Will never not be funny. Brandon had to leave the stage during a just cause 3 segment because he was so dejected.

wiibomb

Will never not be funny. Brandon had to leave the stage during a just cause 3 segment because he was so dejected.

anyone has that video? omg, I loved that moment so much... and the NMS discussion. You know when people love videogames when they have such heated conversations, it was incredibly good even if they say they regret or didn't like it.

Hasney

All these game announcements and leaks.

xfumKHv.gif

anyone has that video? omg, I loved that moment so much... and the NMS discussion. You know when people love videogames when they have such heated conversations, it was incredibly good even if they say they regret or didn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKLKV9dBe3g

God I miss Man Up. Easy Up is great but I miss the fake news.

Yeah, I really want it back. I know it's not possible to pull off these days, but I'd be super happy if it ever came back. Same for Don's Design Lab.

But we need a new show for trailers first. So much stuff today and no discussion and scores. It's killing me!

LiK

Can't agree with Ben about Watch Dogs at all. The gameplay was fun. I don't agree that it's another AC. And no, don't don't take away the guns. The gunplay is exceptional.

Thats what I did last year.

Was only really a fan of Bosman and Huber before last year's E3.
After E3 I became a fan of everyone.

So many great moments.. hype ones like Huber's tears, fun ones like Bosman finally getting the "fractured, but whole" joke, and heated ones like Brandon V Ben: No Man's discussion.

I can't help but feel that Bosman was trolling with the But Whole thing during the Just Cause presentation.
He was sitting there laughing with the other Allies when Trey and Matt come out saying they're gonna get deep into your Butthole a couple of times. No way it hadn't already clicked.

I don't really get why Brandon is the only editor at EZA right now. Why not get Ian back on that since he did a ton at GT. Also if the workload is too much, I wouldn't mind them cutting back on reviews. They could just focus on the biggest games that interest them for now since reviews are probably the toughest edit and the least unique content.

Hasney

Will there be a Brandon Plays Pokemon this week?

No worries if it doesnt, I bet they are really busy because pre-E3 week

They filmed one last week, just hasn't been edited yet, so they might just use it as this weeks. The Community Comments video is next in Brandons queue I believe, then if they're not both out by Tuesday, the podcast will probably cut in line. So who knows!

I don't really get why Brandon is the only editor at EZA right now. Why not get Ian back on that since he did a ton at GT. Also if the workload is too much, I wouldn't mind them cutting back on reviews. They could just focus on the biggest games that interest them for now since reviews are probably the toughest edit and the least unique content.

He's not the only editor, but all the extra stuff they've done on top of things has fallen to him. Ian and Don have full time jobs. Ian is still cutting his own show and Tabletop. I believe Don is doing Huber Syndrome and Frame Trap. I have asked in the Cup of jones comments if there's any appetite for any of the other guys to train to do some basic editing to take the pressure off, so we'll see if he answers that next time (I'm loathe to say week since there probably won't be an E3 week one).

Agree about reviews, but someone wrote in to Cup of Jones about wanting more reviews and Brandon replied saying he after he finishes Pokemon, he wants to do more reviews. So there is a thirst for them.

Agree about reviews, but someone wrote in to Cup of Jones about wanting more reviews and Brandon replied saying he after he finishes Pokemon, he wants to do more reviews. So there is a thirst for them.

I really don't get it. I like hearing their opinion about a game on a podcast or stream rather than a formal review which is no different (outside Brandon's VO) than the thousands out there for every game that comes out. Since resources are so limited apparently, that's where I'd scale back but that's just me.

Myggen

I really don't get it. I like hearing their opinion about a game on a podcast or stream rather than a formal review which is no different (outside Brandon's VO) than the thousands out there for every game that comes out. Since resources are so limited apparently, that's where I'd scale back but that's just me.

Yeah, totally agree.

Auctopus

So for conference days, they're streaming from one hour before the first conference all the way up until at least an hour after the last one. For days where the showfloor is open, they'll be streaming from 8pm PT to come back and deliver what they saw at the show.

Thanks for the clarification. Can't believe we're almost there.

Mario007

Reviews definitely give them more exposure. You type in uncharted 4 review into youtube and you might stumble upon them. Reviews are definitely great for getting out there. Hearing their opinions, often intersected and not complete and not given the best of forms, is fine for our echo chamber but does little outside of it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Not that I disagree but I think reviews are a big part of what gets new people in and what creates mind share outside of the EZA circle. Someone that might not watch a single show on EZA might see through metacritic etc an EZA review on several games and might decide to check it out one day on of these games. Also it's probably something some of them enjoy doing.

But yeah I'm not that into the traditional video review format either and that's fine really.
I'm more into formats that are a bit different like the AngryJoe reviews or the Matthewmatosis analysis videos or Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation.

Hasney

Says in the Patreon post that Brandon plays Pokemon will be back after E3, so treasure this one for a couple of weeks!

Also lol at this being over an hour and Brandon saying that when it comes back, it will be a "meaty" episode.

Brandon talked about there being 3 podcasts already, and it being a little bit of effort to add anymore.

Brandon Plays Pokémon should really be the fourth. Just scoop up that audio and upload it (apologies for sounding greedy). Loses nothing by not having video, and with it being longer, I'd be happy listening to it on my commute.

Hasney

Brandon talked about there being 3 podcasts already, and it being a little bit of effort to add anymore.

Brandon Plays Pokémon should really be the fourth. Just scoop up that audio and upload it (apologies for sounding greedy). Loses nothing by not having video, and with it being longer, I'd be happy listening to it on my commute.

Yes, but that's yet more effort when Jones is clearly already stretched to his limit. Especially since there's not going to be that many more episodes.

Brandon just met Mr. Mime.... Oh no.

Yes, but that's yet more effort when Jones is clearly already stretched to his limit. Especially since there's not going to be that many more episodes.

Brandon just met Mr. Mime.... Oh no.

I know, probably too late now. But I'd at least let to get that opinion out there for if / when they re-do this sort of series.

Back to the video, Brandon really needs to find a
Krabby
or
trade for a Lickitung
. Both can learn
Cut / Surf / Strength
. Give
Fly
to
Charizard
, and all bases are covered (you don't need
Flash
after
Dark Tunnel
, right?).

(These spoilers are only here in case Brandon reads this thread.)

Brandon Plays Pokemon is probably my favorite thing to follow right now. I hope they continue it to the other games.

Me too, but also I'm wary of them burning out the format too quickly, if there aren't enough games between all of them that they've never touched.

Bosman is a great host for it.

Hasney

Me too, but also I'm wary of them burning out the format too quickly, if there aren't enough games between all of them that they've never touched.

After Pokemon, it's going away at least for a bit. Brandon wants to edit less and do more reviews and sleep more. Sounds like they'll do a new one when it organically makes sense, which makes sense.

I can't help but feel that Bosman was trolling with the But Whole thing during the Just Cause presentation.
He was sitting there laughing with the other Allies when Trey and Matt come out saying they're gonna get deep into your Butthole a couple of times. No way it hadn't already clicked.

I think he was distracted by the laughter in the room or what was on screen more than what the hosts on stage were actually saying.

Not saying this was a huge factor, but he does like to shy away from dirty jokes....
Possible, he just doesn't have a dirty mind like the rest of us. lol

EDIT: If recall correctly, I think Bosman said he disliked puns at one time.
Was great that Brad brought up his E3 failure in the last podcast.

FelipeMGM

Man, Im always saying this but Its always nice to make this statement:

Brandon Plays Pokémon is my favourite show GT and EZA has ever done

-Horizon-

True. Hope they at least consider it and do it in a way where they don't become annoyed by the series. Maybe a once a year thing? Because Brandon seems to be going at a pretty good pace. And it would give them a good break in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom