• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it would need to start over. I think someone mentioned that Kyle and Brandon are going to be the regulars with the other two seats rotating

You're probably right, starting over would be for the best. If Ian is switching cameras and chirping in like he did on GT Time, I hope Kyle will let him bet.

Totally, second podcast will quench my thirst for longer EZAP anyway once that bad boy gets rolling. They actual layout of GT Time was the best in the biz.

Suddenly, my constant bitching feels justified. :lol But yes, they did it the best and they'll do it again and I can't wait. It's still hard to believe that they're back.

I wouldn't mind if the other podcast was a bit longer, as long as it doesn't remain video-only, like Mandatory Update Nights.

E: Speaking of ManUps, RIP Turtledoves Productions.

fastmower

Have no fears, it's just Well You're the One Who Started This Conversation from GT Time. To be honest the Easy Allies Podcast will be almost identical in format to the old one.
That is fantastic news. It's so nice that you gents are back. There truly is good in this world!

ocean

Banned
I don't subscribe to any Twitch channels or Patreon things but I'll bite on this one. Bosman and Huber are just so cool, I'd love to contribute to them doing their thing.

crash-14

Oh jeeze. It's hard to narrow down the inside jokes at this point, there should almost be a primer video. Here's some content for you though:

Huber Hype: https://youtu.be/dnGARsW-Joo Part 1 of the year of dreams 2015 look. Nothing but positive vibes.
This is how stupid (in a good way) they can get when they're all together: https://youtu.be/hm3gUpDZQHk

I would link to a ManUps episode for Ian, but the ones with Elyse probably aren't representative (although the outakes are) and ManUps after she left were all over an hour.

Tabletop Adventures is Bens baby, although Ian, Elyse, Huber and Bosman make it fantastic too. Again, over an hour, so it's hard to get a taste.

I'm the only one that feels we shouldn't link GT channel videos unless there isn't other way to find them? Channel still up, so Defy still going to earn money for visits (probably nothing remarkable but still).

Sorry to reiterate this, but I tried to watch the toybox tuesday and, exactly as before, I gave up on the brutal audio quality. You cannot really understand a word if you're not wearing headphones, but then the bad quality of the audio really grates on your ears.
Why this happened before, it was always a mistery to me, I assumed defy would not provide them with a budget for stream equipment, now though they need to address this, as it may negatively affect their efforts. Sorry, I don't wanna sound negative, this is a serious concern for me.

That is a lot of content, I just hope the money they're bringing in is enough to make that amount of work worthwhile.

They are saying this isn't full-time work for any of them, but that sure looks like a full-time workload for at least some of the crew.

During today's Toybox stream someone in chat asked Brandon about whether they wanted to go full time with EZA and he said absolutely. So while it is a daunting workload, I have faith that the motivation to build to that goal will keep them going.

ilium

Good mics are a must.
I never got into Tabletop Adventures partly because the audio quality was so bad at times, especially when things got louder.

Sorry to reiterate this, but I tried to watch the toybox tuesday and, exactly as before, I gave up on the brutal audio quality. You cannot really understand a word if you're not wearing headphones, but then the bad quality of the audio really grates on your ears.
Why this happened before, it was always a mistery to me, I assumed defy would not provide them with a budget for stream equipment, now though they need to address this, as it may negatively affect their efforts. Sorry, I don't wanna sound negative, this is a serious concern for me.

They're going to buy new shit (mics, mixer, etc.) once they get their Patreon money. Or maybe before that, not sure.

2SeeKU

I agree, lapel mics are essential or at least decent headset mics.

They need cooler merch too, even just simple shirts like this:

dsDeuTa.jpg

Wonder if they regretting the $25 tier reward. Poor Brandon is going to have to rattle off over 400 names once per month when higher tiers are also included.

Lexad

Yeah I have been wondering about that, they may have to spread it across the different shows because that just isn't likely. 100 names (assuming 4 podcasts a month) at the end of each podcast will take up a solid 5 minutes each. I was one of the first 10 in on that tier and thought this will be cool. Didn't realize how annoying this will end up being.

Also, the fifth and final $500 tier just got wrapped up. We are just a little over a $1000 away from Retrospectives!

Wow, I thought the Patreon would be slowed down basically to a crawl but it jumped 2k while I was asleep. 30k breaking definately a probability now tho I have my doubts if they can keep it there for a while.

The Patreon has been a success for such a short time, but we will see a bit of a dropoff on Apr 1, and I expect growth to slow down quite a bit afterwards. They should consider a $40K goal to drive a little more interest since the final goal is a Grand Canyon away.

Umibozu

I think the 20 grand difference in their stretch goal is there because that is how much a studio would cost them. Putting a $40,000 stretch goal would make it difficult to realistically budget for the $50,000 stretch goal.

Portugeezer

They will either stop reading names after the first couple months, or just change the patreon thing. I think people will stop caring about their names after a while, right?

Myggen

They will either stop reading names after the first couple months, or just change the patreon thing. I think people will stop caring about their names after a while, right?

Don't underestimate how much a lot of people care about that sort of stuff.

timmyp53

The Patreon has been a success for such a short time, but we will see a bit of a dropoff on Apr 1, and I expect growth to slow down quite a bit afterwards. They should consider a $40K goal to drive a little more interest since the final goal is a Grand Canyon away.

I think the 20 grand difference in their stretch goal is there because that is how much a studio would cost them. Putting a $40,000 stretch goal would make it difficult to realistically budget for the $50,000 stretch goal.

Also have to take into consideration their average pledge per patron is nearly 9 dollars. Not even KF had those kind of numbers straight off the bat. The loyal base have launched the endeavor and trends from other similar content creators don't show significant dips even after launch.

Growth is the only thing I can see happening personally.

I know these are two different situations but 50,000 is not some impossible goal. It'll happen sooner than folks can think. Brandon and the crew are going to be pumping up production and it'll welcome even more support... it'll be like the squad never went away.

6986-s-1348563613.jpg

Yeah I think the studio goal is possible with time. Once they upgrade their equipment and start pumping out non-streaming content more people will get drawn in and possibly feel compelled to contribute as well.

Have no fears, it's just Well You're the One Who Started This Conversation from GT Time. To be honest the Easy Allies Podcast will be almost identical in format to the old one.

I'm glad to hear that. GT Time was probably, at least in my opinion, one of the best gaming podcasts since the original 1up podcasts back in the day.

Also have to take into consideration their average pledge per patron is nearly 9 dollars. Not even KF had those kind of numbers straight off the bat. The loyal base have launched the endeavor and trends from other similar content creators don't show significant dips even after launch.

Growth is the only thing I can see happening personally.

I know these are two different situations but 50,000 is not some impossible goal. It'll happen sooner than folks can think. Brandon and the crew are going to be pumping up production and it'll welcome even more support... it'll be like the squad never went away.

6986-s-1348563613.jpg

It's interesting to note, but I put up a few gametrailer videos on my youtube page when we were all scrambling to preserve their content. Analyzing the video the average age group of engagements (i.e, GT fans I would presume) was between 25 to 40 or something like that. Much higher then let's say, I would imagine Angry Joe's target audience which is probably much younger.

Older fans means more fans who have careers which means stable income, this is why EZA has a much higher dollar support per average backer than even someone like KindaFunnyGames.

Pokken Hype!

Over/under on when this will reach 50k?

A man can dream, right?

I think it will happen but not for a while. It will take at least a few months I think. We have a good base and it is all about expanding it now! Part of the reason why they need to get official forums I think to expand their fans and so they can all interact in one spot other than chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom