• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Going to bed, so DPing for that top of the page spot to say this in case the podcast goes up at midnight or whatever while I am still asleeping. From the OP:
Out of courtesy for non-pledgers, please keep all podcast discussion spoiler tagged if talking about it in this thread. Feel free to make a seperate thread for each podcast and we can discuss it there without the need to tag. I'll try and do it, but I'm British so timezones may not align and all that.

tl;dr: Spoiler tag for ME

Please be cool people and have a good time dude.

Hubble

As a fan, and someone who used to follow Podcast Beyond, I really hope they focus on their shows and not streams. I don't care to watch streams but their shows on various video games topics was really entertaining amd varied.

Hasney

As a fan, and someone who used to follow Podcast Beyond, I really hope they focus on their shows and not streams. I don't care to watch streams but their shows on various video games topics was really entertaining amd varied.

Well, once they get up to speed with a production schedule since they've been blown away, we'll be getting the following shows. Most of them weekly I think, but not sure on Damianis:

Easy Allies Podcast moderated by Kyle Bosman
Podcast #2 talking about games they're playing and broader topics in gaming culture
Bosman Show
Huber Show
Ian Show
Damiani Show
& Tabletop Adventures

That's a whole week of content! Also will be Patreon exclusive shows, although only one has been mentioned with is "A cup of Brandon", a weekly editorial from the guy who did all the voice over on the old site. I forget his name....

Have they spoke at all about how the podcast is gonna be distributed? Is it just going to be a link to a hidden youtube video or are they going to provide an audio version?

blamite

So, as someone who mainly just watched Final Bosman and the Retrospectives on Gametrailers, what are some GT videos I can check out to get a sense of the rest of the team/notable inside jokes/etc.?

Well, once they get up to speed with a production schedule since they've been blown away, we'll be getting the following shows. Most of them weekly I think, but not sure on Damianis:

Easy Allies Podcast moderated by Kyle Bosman
Podcast #2 talking about games they're playing and broader topics in gaming culture
Bosman Show
Huber Show
Ian Show
Damiani Show
& Tabletop Adventures

That's a whole week of content!

That is a lot of content, I just hope the money they're bringing in is enough to make that amount of work worthwhile.

They are saying this isn't full-time work for any of them, but that sure looks like a full-time workload for at least some of the crew.

wiibomb

Have they spoke at all about how the podcast is gonna be distributed? Is it just going to be a link to a hidden youtube video or are they going to provide an audio version?

the message just distributed to patrons seems to indicate that they will make audio versions for download, but the main focus is on video, so most probably it will be a private youtube video with an unlock for everyone on fridays

Hasney

That is a lot of content, I just hope the money they're bringing in is enough to make that amount of work worthwhile.

They are saying this isn't full-time work for any of them, but that sure looks like a full-time workload for at least some of the crew.

Honestly, Tuesday is the only day everyone they can will be in the same place, so that's podcast and big stream. Everything else is done how they like for a day and a couple of evening streams a week. Hopefully Ian and Don have given them a small primer in basic editing so they can just add the final touches and make their lives easier though.

the message just distributed to patrons seems to indicate that they will make audio versions for download, but the main focus is on video, so most probably it will be a private youtube video with an unlock for everyone on fridays

Huh alright depending on how long it is I guess I can watch the video version, hopefully the turnaround on the audio is super quick though. I'm sure once things start getting more routine that'll happen

hopefully 3 hours

Hopefully not. GT Time was fantastic, unique and better than everyone else, because it didn't do a 3 hour shit show with tons of off-topic ranting and life anecdotes, like everyone else does.

Plus, we're getting a second podcast anyway, so there's no need to ruin that format.

wiibomb

Huh alright depending on how long it is I guess I can watch the video version, hopefully the turnaround on the audio is super quick though. I'm sure once things start getting more routine that'll happen

I always download the video and just hear the audio on background, when I can't download, I just let one of the tabs in the browser playing the video for me to hear.

the video is actually useful in these podcast since they usually make something that only the camera can capture. Kyle always kinda transcripts whenever they do something the audio listeners don't get, but it is never the same without actually seeing it.

Szeth

No one should worry about their streaming taking away from their original content or anything, they streamed every night at gametrailers too, there's just more of a push for it now because that's a legit source of extra income when independent.

Hasney

So, as someone who mainly just watched Final Bosman and the Retrospectives on Gametrailers, what are some GT videos I can check out to get a sense of the rest of the team/notable inside jokes/etc.?

Oh jeeze. It's hard to narrow down the inside jokes at this point, there should almost be a primer video. Here's some content for you though:

Huber Hype: https://youtu.be/dnGARsW-Joo Part 1 of the year of dreams 2015 look. Nothing but positive vibes.
This is how stupid (in a good way) they can get when they're all together: https://youtu.be/hm3gUpDZQHk

I would link to a ManUps episode for Ian, but the ones with Elyse probably aren't representative (although the outakes are) and ManUps after she left were all over an hour.

Tabletop Adventures is Bens baby, although Ian, Elyse, Huber and Bosman make it fantastic too. Again, over an hour, so it's hard to get a taste.

I always download the video and just hear the audio on background, when I can't download, I just let one of the tabs in the browser playing the video for me to hear.

the video is actually useful in these podcast since they usually make something that only the camera can capture. Kyle always kinda transcripts whenever they do something the audio listeners don't get, but it is never the same without actually seeing it.

Ah okay I was just curious cause I ride the bus and wait for my classes to start a lot during the day so I usually use podcasts to fill the time. I never really listened to GT Time but I've started expanding the number of podcasts I listen to so I thought EZA would be a good addition.

If it is a hidden YT link, there's plenty of converters to MP3 as well.
Also true so not a big deal for me either way I suppose!

I'm not sure if you enjoy streams or not, but that's where most of our inside jokes come from. You'll probably get a good sense of it just from one stream.

sora87

hopefully 3 hours

I think the main Easy Allies podcast should go for about 1.30 mins or under, keep it within some limits. The second podcast should go for longer, 2+ hours, have it more free flowing.

I hope they focus on both, I prefer the streams as many do so it's good to have both be consistent

Mikey Jr.

I'm not sure if you enjoy streams or not, but that's where most of our inside jokes come from. You'll probably get a good sense of it just from one stream.

Gaijin
Oktauuuu
Weeaboooo
...........JAPAN

Opinion yell is coming back, right? Right?!?!?!

I'm trying to think of all the GT memes. From the top of my head....

-"Break for me" in Cristian Bale voice is from the Amplitude stream.
-"It was cans!" is from Speed the movie? I think.

Thats all I got so far.

FTF

okbjvxr27lpqw.png

:)

Awesome, thank you!

wiibomb

Gaijin
Oktauuuu
Weeaboooo
...........JAPAN

Thats all I got so far.

they need to bring that back or at least something similar, seriously.. I got so entertained by that, I still watch that video sometimes when I want a laugh

EDIT: jut by watching the monopoly stream there are a ton of inside jokes there

Hasney

Gaijin
Oktauuuu
Weeaboooo
...........JAPAN

Thats all I got so far.

Probably need to ask Ian about Opinion Yell, but Brandon already talked about a green screen on the first stream for Huber Hype, so that's one step closer to OY!

Hopefully not. GT Time was fantastic, unique and better than everyone else, because it didn't do a 3 hour shit show with tons of off-topic ranting and life anecdotes, like everyone else does.

Plus, we're getting a second podcast anyway, so there's no need to ruin that format.

I'm sure they'll stay on topic like they would on GT Time. Kyle usually scripts out the topics before hand and likes to stay on topic, as does Bloodworth.

As a patron does anyone know the best way to provide feedback, input, suggestions? I have some things I'd like to talk to them about but I'm not sure the best avenue.

Im guessing it's the "send Easy Allies a message" from their page.

Hasney

As a patron does anyone know the best way to provide feedback, input, suggestions? I have some things I'd like to talk to them about but I'm not sure the best avenue.

Probably the best thing for now, although God knows how many people have used that in the past day, so they might be pretty damn full. Sure they'll get to it eventually though!

To be honest I'm not liking the give topic ideas for our podcast bit. It was kind of interesting to see what they all collectively thought was interesting to talk about. Now its like, oh hey they are just going to talk about x y and z that patrons suggested. It's almost a spoiler in itself.

otakukidd

Please do a audio version of tabletop. When it was first coming out it was video only(that or I couldn't find a audio version) and they go on forever. Only noticed yesterday they finally added a podcast version.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man

I've found so far that Patreon DMs are actually pretty great. We're been getting a lot of good feedback through there already

otakukidd

To be honest I'm not liking the give topic ideas for our podcast bit. It was kind of interesting to see what they all collectively thought was interesting to talk about. Now its like, oh hey they are just going to talk about x y and z that patrons suggested. It's almost a spoiler in itself.
They kinda already did that with kyles ”WELL YOUR THE ONE THAT START THIS CONVERSATION "

Hasney

I'm pretty much assuming that's for Your The One Who Started This Conversation/Love & Respect/Whatever it'll be called now rather than the entire podcast. News/game announcements will likely be talked about first. You also don't have to read the comments, I haven't.

This one might be slightly different though, they may catch up on some things.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man

Have no fears, it's just Well You're the One Who Started This Conversation from GT Time. To be honest the Easy Allies Podcast will be almost identical in format to the old one.

I'm sure they'll stay on topic like they would on GT Time. Kyle usually scripts out the topics before hand and likes to stay on topic, as does Bloodworth.

That's my hope. I just really like the way Kyle actively moderates the show and it would be a shame to trade it for yet another 2+ hour long podcast.

A_Dang

Just pledged my support! I have been missing my weekly dose of GT Time so much. This phoenix rising from the ashes is far more glorious than I could have hoped for!

(First gaf post! Please be kind! I am really glad to finally be able to post as a part of this community...rather than lurk like I have been for years...)

Hasney

I said I was going to bed an hour ago. Turns out that it's not just streams keeping me up, but just talking EZA seems to have that effect on me. Whoops.

timmyp53

Good point. Format had to shift a little though. We will see how it pans out.

Have no fears, it's just Well You're the One Who Started This Conversation from GT Time. To be honest the Easy Allies Podcast will be almost identical in format to the old one.

nice.

Wiggy

I wonder if the podcast going up tomorrow will cause a spike? Everyone talking about it might cause some on the fence to pledge to get it early.

wiibomb

Totally, second podcast will quench my thirst for longer EZAP anyway once that bad boy gets rolling. They actual layout of GT Time was the best in the biz.

I'm actually starting to think the second podcast will be more in tone with Mandatory Update Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom