• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, will it be enjoyable for people that didn't watch the first season of TTA? For some reason I never got around watching that...

The story is connected to the first season, but with an entirely new cast of characters, it will be extremely easy to watch and understand without prior knowledge.

Hmmm, will it be enjoyable for people that didn't watch the first season of TTA? For some reason I never got around watching that...

Try to watch them. They really are great. I believe they're slowly being added to YouTube by those fantastic people who are uploading all of the GT stuff.

It's excellent, from beginning to end. Apart from Taylor DeSwift.

Hasney

What time we all thinking for the podcast? Im in GMT so I'm struggling to figure out what is a reasonable time for the podcast to go up.

I used to think GT Time went up on Friday instead of Thursday because of GMT, but without day jobs, who knows? Might go up when Kyle wakes up and does what he needs to do.

Try to watch them. They really are great. I believe they're slowly being added to YouTube by those fantastic people who are uploading all of the GT stuff.

Yeah, it's slow going to start but still fun as everyone finds their feet, but once Hoggar pushes over that woman...

Hasney

Glad to see Toybox Tuesday was uploaded, so hopefully everything can be! Still need to change that name though... I bet YouTube has some rule on name changes within a certain period though.

Personally I only had 3 problems with the show and the first one is 100% personal preference on what I see D&D being. That being Ben goes pretty easy for the group sometimes. I totally get that it probably makes sense to stack the odds in the groups favor for a show like this but there were a few times I thought he could have been a bit harsher. A character like Hogger would have a VERY high chance of dying in a long campaing of D&D but as said I understand that they would want to have the same characters for as long as possible. It's just my personal opinion that characters dying is a part of D&D, it's like playing Souls after the first few sessions.

Second being Pervince. He seemed to be a fan favourite but IMO Elyse went a bit too far in making him a joke character. Humour is a big appeal of the show but all the best moments were not some jokes themselves but rather the situations they got themselves into and how they resolved them. Hogger is a joke character done right, his personality gets him into comical situations without the need of trying to make everything a joke.

Third one is Kyles characters VERY weird personality change mid game for no reason. I love Kyles way to play, trying to break expectations and come up with unique plans (kinda like Ian balancing the trap floor with friggin bears!) but there was a sudden unexplained change in how his character acts. At the beginning she is extremely careful and it makes total sense how a small thief would handle a situation even if it goes against traditional D&D dungeon play like staying outside and guarding the cart or whatever. But later on we see her doing stuff that is a totally different character like taunting Goo Swansson for no reason at all. The latter seemed just Kyle being Kyle trying to break the campaing and that is perfectly fine if that was the character but it certainly wasn't what she started as.

That said TTA is easily my favourite internet show of all time.

Heartfyre

Right now their patreon is at 29,237. I guess it's time to start discussing what retro do you want them to tackle next ;)

They do have a shortlist of series planned. I don't remember the whole list, but I recall Deus Ex was one of them. I'm guessing that whatever they go with will be a smaller series that's getting a new installment soon. At least to start -- it's been a little while since they've done these! I'd love to see them do Dragon Quest eventually, but that's Final Fantasy-scale. Persona would be great. And Yakuza!

llehuty

It's a whole new adventure, although there will be some cross over. Even jumping into random episodes is entertaining.

There's a recap of the first two thirds here: https://youtu.be/6YsYq7hMQwI

It will be new characters and campaing so I'd imagine so even if it is the same ''world''.

The story is connected to the first season, but with an entirely new cast of characters, it will be extremely easy to watch and understand without prior knowledge.

Thanks for the replies. I thought about it and I think I'm going to check the first couple of episodes and see if I can enjoy it just with audio (thinking about listening to them at work). It's the only way I could catch up. (I guess I could also watch the recap Hasney posted, but thats's the plan B right now)

Knowing that they are independent stories, I will try to watch also the new eps at the same time I'm checking the old season, so I have something to discuss here in the thread.

Hasney

Thanks for the replies. I thought about it and I think I'm going to check the first couple of episodes and see if I can enjoy it just with audio (thinking about listening to them at work). It's the only way I could catch up. (I guess I could also watch the recap Hasney posted, but thats's the plan B right now)

Knowing that they are independent stories, I will try to watch also the new eps at the same time I'm checking the old season, so I have something to discuss here in the thread.

It was released as a podcast too if you're wanting just audio:

http://podbay.fm/show/918299789

For reference so you can picture reactions on bad rolls, here's a group one and a couple of bonus Huber ones

SjyrkHR.gif

LRcgcJ7.gif

huQpvG3.gif

El-Suave

What time we all thinking for the podcast? Im in GMT so I'm struggling to figure out what is a reasonable time for the podcast to go up.

As soon as possible I'd hope so us Euros have a shot at listening to it before or in bed. But in the end I'm fine with whenever it gets posted.

KeRaSh

Brad, Ian and Huber confirmed. I'd imagine Bosman is a lock too.

I can say that Dungeons & Dragons is DEFINITELY happening next week. We're shooting on Saturday. I'm not sure when exactly next week it will get posted but I'll know very soon.

EDIT: What do I have to do to not be a junior?

The week that just keeps on giving! We started our own little TTA with a few friends at work and are just about to wrap up on our first adventure.
This is probably the most excited I've been about an internet series since the early days of Red vs Blue.

/edit: Can someone point me in the direction of an archive of all the episodes in video form? I still can't find the early episodes on Youtube.

El-Suave

They do have a shortlist of series planned. I don't remember the whole list, but I recall Deus Ex was one of them. I'm guessing that whatever they go with will be a smaller series that's getting a new installment soon. At least to start -- it's been a little while since they've done these! I'd love to see them do Dragon Quest eventually, but that's Final Fantasy-scale. Persona would be great. And Yakuza!

To maximise financial success it'd be wise to time those in a way that a retro hits just before another game in a series launches. For Deus Ex that would be a possibility and it should drive Youtube views and attention from developers and publishers. I'm not saying they should sell out or anything but they can use the money from views and it might even open some doors to get better access to devs in the future.

edit: Can someone point me in the direction of an archive of all the episodes in video form? I still can't find the early episodes on Youtube.

Look for GameTrailers Archive on YouTube. They've just started uploading TTA and have up to episode 4 in a playlist so far.

(Can't link at work.)

KeRaSh

Heartfyre

To maximise financial success it'd be wise to time those in a way that a retro hits just before another game in a series launches. For Deus Ex that would be a possibility and it should drive Youtube views and attention from developers and publishers. I'm not saying they should sell out or anything but they can use the money from views and it might even open some doors to get better access to devs in the future.

Yeah, that's how they did it at GT back in the day. I recall the Metal Gear retro being made before...Peace Walker, I think? And the Final Fantasy one was done before XIII. Deus Ex is a short enough series, so that'd be a great one to have done by August. Persona has a nebulous Western release at this point, so that'd be impossible to plan currently. It's Dragon Quest's 30th Anniversary next year, and hopefully we'll get a western release of Dragon Quest XI. Yakuza 0 is releasing in early 2017, so a retrospective could coincide with that. So many possibilities for retros -- I'm so glad the community is large and gracious enough to make it happen.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone find it weird that I'm excited to be charged by patreon? I'm happy these guys will get 30k in one shot, haha.

Anyone know how twitch subs payment works? When do they get their payout? April 1st aswell?

DMiz

Anyone find it weird that I'm excited to be charged by patreon? I'm happy these guys will get 30k in one shot, haha.

Anyone know how twitch subs payment works? When do they get their payout? April 1st aswell?

I'm the same, ha ha. I kind of wish they could get the money sooner just because they are already starting to make purchases and I'm hoping that the amount pledged doesn't change before then.

so1337

I want to but I don't think I'll be able to watch all 12 hours of the kickoff stream. Anything stand out?

Man, I'm stupidly excited for the new podcast. It's been too long.

Mikey Jr.

I'm the same, ha ha. I kind of wish they could get the money sooner just because they are already starting to make purchases and I'm hoping that the amount pledged doesn't change before then.

Before April 1st? I could maybe see it dipping below 29k. Maybe some big donations back out before then. But yeah, I think they are more than safe tbh. If I were them, I'd just start buying shit now. They said they already bought a 600 dollar tripod already, which bosman was completely fazed by, haha.

I can say that Dungeons & Dragons is DEFINITELY happening next week. We're shooting on Saturday. I'm not sure when exactly next week it will get posted but I'll know very soon.

EDIT: What do I have to do to not be a junior?

You need to get to 300 posts to become a member! So post in here more!

Karu

Gonna start Tabletop Adventure, first part of first episode was promising, heh. Good diversion while playing Division.

Hubble

They should really add a $35,000 and even $40,000 stretch goal to keep the momentum going. Also, they should really update their Patreon page once a day with reactions/thoughts/ideas, etc., similar to a Kickstarter that keeps momentum and donations up.

Mikey Jr.

They should really add a $35,000 and even $40,000 stretch goal to keep the momentum going. Also, they should really update their Patreon page once a day with reactions/thoughts/ideas, etc., similar to a Kickstarter that keeps momentum and donations up.

Agreed. The more you engage with the community, the better. I'd even like to see behind the scenes photos once in a while.

Hasney

Probably not best to add goals now. No doubt they've gotta work out the already paid for shows first.

Just went to their YouTube page to check if they've uploaded the podcast yet and cracked up when I noticed their name is still set to "Coming Soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom