• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the trailer: Zelda going in the direction they had to go to get me interested. Go back to their original open world roots and it seems embrace a lot of mechanics other games have had for a while to revitalize the franchise. Seems way more RPG ish? For me I'm not freaking out hyped as it seems they're catching up but I Look forward to seeing more later in this stream

Burt

.... I might just rewatch the PC gaming, Ubi, and Sony streams today.

This Nintendo thing is clearly going no where. Zelda trailer was... fine. I'm sure the game'll be good, but the trailer itself was closer to "flat" than "great". And Pokemon sure looks like Pokemon.

Edit: Oh, wait! Finally have time to catch up on Penny Dreadful. Thank you based Nintendo for a show I'm confident I don't have to watch.

Hasney

That Zelda trailer was so fucking good that I might media blackout now, bar the NX reveal. Those mechanics in a Zelda game just got me so damn excited. I certainly don't want to watch the rest of the streams, but I will hear what these guys think about playing it.

Hasney

This nintendo stream on Pokemon is a bit too chatty. I don't need everything explained to me y_y frustrating to watch.

They've done this presentation for 3 years now I think? There's been barely any changes. They just talk all day. It's even better when they go in a loop and do games they've already done.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
They've done this presentation for 3 years now I think? There's been barely any changes. They just talk all day. It's even better when they go in a loop and do games they've already done.

Maybe it's because it's Pokemon and so much stuff they talk about is stuff people that know the series already know by heart but this feels a lot worse than past treehouse things I watched. Like I found Splatoon, Xenoblade X interesting enough to watch for a while.
But this is just frustrating me right now.

I get handholding vibes, like I'm experiencing the stream equivalent of "You gained 20 rupees" every time you open a chest.

The Ubisoft conference reaction Youtube video is blocked for me on my iPad. Is this a German copyright issue due to music or is the vid gone for others as well?

It's limited by device, not region. You should be able to watch on a desktop. Content ID is freaking weird.

Umibozu

I see what you guys were saying about the rest of e3 threads being bad. Spent a few minutes in the tree house thread, bunch of insufferable whining.

Can't wait until tonight when they give their show floor updates.

Hasney

Guys, I'm looking here trying to find the bosman segment with geoff but I can't find it anywhere, does someone now if it's available somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzCRmlUIFln8oJ1NuKbfkA/videos

There

I see what you guys were saying about the rest of e3 threads being bad. Spent a few minutes in the tree house thread, bunch of insufferable whining.

Can't wait until tonight when they give their show floor updates.

I really want to hear Huber about RE7, especially if he got to try the VR version.

Honestly if that was a different look in protagonist and it wasn't called Zelda would be people be as hype? I don't think so. Looked kinda cool but not a show stopper at all.

The next year and a half will see me buying PSVR, the NX and quite possibly either Scorpio or Neo... Bank balance, I am so, so sorry.

Absolutely cannot wait to hear the guys' impressions of Zelda once they get back tonight.

Honestly if that was a different look in protagonist and it wasn't called Zelda would be people be as hype? I don't think so. Looked kinda cool but not a show stopper at all.
Well no. But the fact that it is called Zelda carriers a certain promise of quality. Just like how Dark Souls III announcement wouldn't have been as cool if it was called Lords of the Fallen 2.

Well no. But the fact that it is called Zelda carriers a certain promise of quality. Just like how Dark Souls III announcement wouldn't have been as cool if it was called Lords of the Fallen 2.

Yeah, I mean some of these "standard mechanics" like resource gathering and breakable weapons are often promised but not pulled off in particularly fun ways.Stealing a weapon off a creature while it's still alive and using it against him is so much better than just clicking on a dialogue window to loot a corpse.

Rockk

I think I might have to pull a Bosman/Huber and go media blackout. I already feel like I've seen so much. Zelda looks so good.

I thought Zelda would look good but I'm seriously impressed.

I'm going to lose days with the new Zelda. It's OOT all over again. I do t think they're doing anything revolutionary (so far). But they're finally catching up and That Nintendo polish

The weather affects are nice.

My disappointments with FFXV have been luckily quelled with how awesome NieR, Nioh, GoW, The Last Guardian, RE 7, Abzu, and many others are looking and then add how good Zelda looks now?

Damn what a great E3 so far. So many games.

Kneefoil

I think I might have to pull a Bosman/Huber and go media blackout. I already feel like I've seen so much.

Yeah, I almost feel like they put in too much stuff that's new to Zelda into that trailer. Gotta leave some surprises for when we actually get to play the full game.

Visceir

Not really a fan of the whole 'tablet' mechanic in the new Zelda. Don't like how you have to "update" it for different powers or how the whole world lights up in a grid when you start using the powers. Just takes me out of that world.

ilium

One thing that has me worried is the amount of shrines in the new Zelda. The open structure and amount of shrines seems to indicate that they will we rather easy and shallow like they were in A Link Between Worlds. Those dungeons basically solved themselves and I really didn't like that. :/

Unless shrines are aren't the new dungeons of course.

Not really a fan of the whole 'tablet' mechanic in the new Zelda. Don't like how you have to "update" it for different powers or how the whole world lights up in a grid when you start using the powers. Just takes me out of that world.

I love the ancient technology angle!

I love the ancient technology angle!

Same lol

One thing that has me worried is the amount of shrines in the new Zelda. The open structure and amount of shrines seems to indicate that they will we rather easy and shallow like they were in A Link Between Worlds. Those dungeons basically solved themselves and I really didn't like that. :/

Unless shrines are aren't the new dungeons of course.

She just said that actual dungeons are in there and that shrines are just supplemental

mishakoz

I want to not believe the rumor that red dead was cut from the conference. That would have been the cherry on top and Brandon would have freaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom