• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

I loooove everything I've seen from Zelda footage. That intro has a very magical and interesting vibe. I still find amazing that even if they could just stick to one formula and rehash it to death in every single entry, like most of the other devs do, they always find the way to spin it to give something refreshing a new that changes drastically the feeling of the game. Of course there are some rough edges, but I'll rather have that than a safe, by the numbers, product.

Also, I want Bosman rating the different showfloor carpets.

Kasper

Easy Update & Huber Syndrome are being filmed at the show floor.

Wasn't Kyle and Ian also filming an episode of Bosman at Home on the showfloor? I think Kyle mentioned that briefly at some point, maybe on a Dumb Game Monday stream or something.

mishakoz

So side bet results

No Battletoads: Ben has to beat level 3 of Battletoads
No No man Sky VR: Huber has to join Jones on Toybox Tuesday

I wish I could understand the praise you guys are heaping on this Zelda demo. I honestly feel like I'm in a time warp, almost everything I see from the visuals to the mechanics in this game look like they would be outdated even 5 years ago.

Sigh. I was totally ready to be bowled over.

So I watched some of Giant Bombs E3 coverage.

And then I immediately upped my pledge support for easy allies.

Not trying to open up hold arguments from last year, but thank sweet. 8lb 6 ounce baby Jesus easy allies exists.

Zelda is a game of HARD SWINGS for me for much the same reason.

For every good / awesome thing they have shown today (have been watching since the start, still going now), they show something either bad or outright stupid.

(Good -> Bad)
Weapons taken from enemies -> tiny durability and only like 2 animations per weapon
Quick weapon swapping menu -> Inventory management and a stack height of THREE
No more grass-hearts, more survival-esque -> no quick way of eating food other than paging through menus
Climbing rock faces -> weird and sometimes bad climb animations and even worse rock textures
Amazing fire / smoke effects -> fire can sprout ultra unnaturally when you set things ablaze, does not spread between things. Also, setting things on fire seems really inconsistent.
Open world -> Areas seem pretty empty, looks like 2-3 tree models repeated over and over
Cold areas -> They seem really unnatural and out of place (one side of a river is covered in ice and the other is green grass?) - though link's cold animation is cute.

I can go on and on and on. So many cool things, so many dumb things. I don't know man.

That said, I'm sure the allies will love this game if only because it's a massive step in a new direction for Zelda and Nintendo, and that's cool I guess. Gotta love their positivity.

Edit: They also have a good long while to polish this before it comes out, so hopefully a lot of the above is fixed.

I completely agree. For everything that surpised me, there was an aspect of it that let me down.

Personally I hate the idea of the "shrines." They feel like puzzle rooms for the sake of puzzle rooms and are disconnected from the actual world of Hyrule. That doesn't feel like Zelda to me.

UrbanRats

I completely agree. For everything that surpised me, there was an aspect of it that let me down.

Personally I hate the idea of the "shrines." They feel like puzzle rooms for the sake of puzzle rooms and are disconnected from the actual world of Hyrule. That doesn't feel like Zelda to me.

Reminded me of Oblivion portals.

I thought No Mans Sky VR was a sure thing.

Other than the 'wouldn't it be cool if...' factor I've never seen anybody address NMS VR from a technical perspective (can they hit the necessary performance metrics?) or a production perspective (is this team big enough to implement VR whilst also completing a hugely ambitious game?).

Other than the 'wouldn't it be cool if...' factor I've never seen anybody address NMS VR from a technical perspective (can they hit the necessary performance metrics?) or a production perspective (is this team big enough to implement VR whilst also completing a hugely ambitious game?).

Oh yeah totally but it still just made sense I guess? the first person big new IP in space and stuff... Idk just made a ton of sense.

Burt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzgB_mYOEs

Youtube link. It is their livestream. Ended about 1 minute ago, the interview is about 15 - 20 minutes long.

Ah thanks. I did land on there once I went looking for it, was hoping there was something archived. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Thanks for the Gamespot reminder, too. Always forget how I enjoy the stuff they do as an EZA alternative. When GT went down, their podcast was my go to for a while there.

mishakoz

I thought No Mans Sky VR was a sure thing.

I think the game may be having development problems, Sony went to Hello Games and they probably said "We will worry about it after the game ships"

Developing VR would divide attention and if the game is having... difficulties getting out then that would be bad.

Tsosie

Ah thanks. I did land on there once I went looking for it, was hoping there was something archived. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Thanks for the Gamespot reminder, too. Always forget how I enjoy the stuff they do as an EZA alternative. When GT went down, their podcast was my go to for a while there.

You can click through youtube livestreams. It is still there. Just open the link and click back about 20 minutes ago.

Whether it was RDR2 or not we'll probably never know for certain, but I'm convinced that Days Gone gameplay was not the planned finale.

If you remember last year Horizon was praised for going from cinematic straight into gameplay and I would bet that Days Gone was going to be debuted the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom