• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda is a game of HARD SWINGS for me for much the same reason.

For every good / awesome thing they have shown today (have been watching since the start, still going now), they show something either bad or outright stupid.

(Good -> Bad)
Weapons taken from enemies -> tiny durability and only like 2 animations per weapon
Quick weapon swapping menu -> Inventory management and a stack height of THREE
No more grass-hearts, more survival-esque -> no quick way of eating food other than paging through menus
Climbing rock faces -> weird and sometimes bad climb animations and even worse rock textures
Amazing fire / smoke effects -> fire can sprout ultra unnaturally when you set things ablaze, does not spread between things. Also, setting things on fire seems really inconsistent.
Open world -> Areas seem pretty empty, looks like 2-3 tree models repeated over and over
Cold areas -> They seem really unnatural and out of place (one side of a river is covered in ice and the other is green grass?) - though link's cold animation is cute.

I can go on and on and on. So many cool things, so many dumb things. I don't know man.

That said, I'm sure the allies will love this game if only because it's a massive step in a new direction for Zelda and Nintendo, and that's cool I guess. Gotta love their positivity.

Edit: They also have a good long while to polish this before it comes out, so hopefully a lot of the above is fixed.

Just watched gameplay and to me this game looks cool. For example the Pro of being able to climb almost any mountain, tree, etc without relying on context sensitive ledges, far out weighs the con of a weird animation or texture that doesn't really affect gameplay. The world did have some empty areas but at the same time, alot of it is interactive, with the resource gathering, using the boulders to take out enemies, chopping down trees, etc... so it didn't feel like it was just useless point a to point b.

I'm not into Zelda or Nintendo at all, and for me the good murdered the bad. Just my opinion tho

RedAssedApe

Banned
are they still doing shows this week despite the e3 coverage? would love an easy update with ian having a date with someone on the e3 show floor lol

Best part about RE7 reaction is when Huber even after the number 7 appears is in the middle of saying ''Silent Hill'' (since you could technically call a new game Silent Hill 7 if you count Homecoming and Downpour as 5 and 6). Even when he knows in the back of his mind that Kitchen is a Capcom title and he made a few Resident Evil jokes during the trailer it is so unlike Resident Evil that the number doesn't register at all.

It's a shame that it kinda leaked here in GAF so I half expected it to be RE7. Even before the leak I thought Kitchen would result in a Resident Evil VR spinoff (since why wouldn't Capcom slap the name in there) but I never in a million years would have expected it to result in a numbered mainline title.

mishakoz

Coming around on Zelda with the Recap thread posted. Still haven't had a chance to watch all the stuff but there is a kind of "magic" that I never saw in Skyward Sword. There are a lot of worrying little things and a lot of "oh yes this design decision everyone made 10 years ago? We are making it now please excited" but

I am onboard the Zelda train and I think if what I watch tonight is any indication, might easily win game of show.

Rockk

I do hope we get a Bosman at Home at E3 episode though. Kyle's antics around E3 are always great.

Also some sort of show where they talk about trailers and maybe give them a score? Yeah, I know there's no time. Hopefully on tonights live stream we hear everyones thoughts on the Zelda trailer.

did you get a chance to see the new presentation that Tabata did today for FFXV?

Really redeemed the shit show from yesterday. Looked so much better.

Not yet, but that's the very first thing I'm going to do once we wrap. Just barely got to watch the 12 minutes of Persona gameplay before our stream started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom