• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry the Persona talk didn't work for people. I'll try to be less dominating. It was just an exciting day for me and I guess I wasn't as aware of certain things as I could have been.

I won't apologize for getting excited though. Maybe you don't like the way I get excited and that's fine, but those emotions are genuine and I don't want to feel like I have to mask that.

I'm sorry the Persona talk didn't work for people. I'll try to be less dominating. It was just an exciting day for me and I guess I wasn't as aware of certain things as I could have been.

I won't apologize for getting excited though. Maybe you don't like the way I get excited and that's fine, but those emotions are genuine and I don't want to feel like I have to mask that.

No Ben, please don't change T_T
It was great!

I wasn't here for alot of the stream but did Huber talk about playing RE7?

No, but definitely check out his Yakuza 0 story.

It was fun because people that have following GT/EZA knows where it comes from. It's not for everyone but I loved it. Plus People can tell that excitement is genuine (like Huber and the rest of the crew) And not some manufactured YouTube "react" video response.

I wasn't here for alot of the stream but did Huber talk about playing RE7?
No. Not today.

Oh BEN. NIER trailer. Did you watch it?? I want to hear your thoughts.

It was good for me too. Since nobody can play it I loved the way you were trying to decipher and link things together. Don't change :) Appreciated the real non-fabricated excitement and the deep dive into new preliminary things about the game.

Sephend

I don't know where you get that impression from because BM Ben is my spirit animal. Never compromise!

crimilde

Banned

Don't apologize, Ben. T_T
It was great hearing you talk about it.

Ray Down

Banned

Sorry if I did come of critiquing or anything negative and I apologize.

I never meant to come off as saying you can't be excited or be passionate it just gets a bit to much for me, but I'm not saying stop being who you are do what you want to do, I enjoy alot of the content you put out.

Persona talk was HYPE Ben! I wish there was someone on the team as crazy about it as you (and a bunch of us, I guess) are and as willing to speculate on all the stuff they showed.

Ah well, the allies did a solid job of supporting you and keeping the segment going and it was great to get your thoughts on that stage show.

Please don't change - we need full Persona deets tomorrow!

BunkerStar

Neo Member

I feel kinda bummed out if some NeoGAF comments are going to affect the content you guys create. When reading comments about your work it's easy to focus on the one negative feedback against a hundred positive ones. Just do your thing man, no apologies! Love & Major Respect.

Rainy

Banned
What did they say about XV?

They played the first 2 chapters and there were no CGI cutscenes, it seemed pretty rough. Ben described the battles as "slide-shows," and not even close to fluid. He said he felt that they really didn't tell the story in a good enough manner for you to connect with Noctis, but the stream reminded them that Game Informer said that there is a Chapter 0 which wasn't in the demo that Damiani and Ben played. Ben also said that the demo crashed 4 times on him.

Damiani said that he felt that the combat had improved a lot by the time they got to the latest Episode Duscae demo but it took a step back in the demo him and Ben played. Apparently it was rushed over from Japan so some glitches and such they ran into might be because it was so new and unrefined.

Both said they felt really disappointed coming out of it.

They did say that the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 section with Aqua was really great though. (At least I think that was the section they were referring to.)

The whole stream was flawless and showed why getting these guys in a room talking about video games they care about is amazing. Huber with the hilarious stories, Ben with the Persona 5 hype, interesting discussion about FF15, it all was a super fun watch.

The whole stream was flawless and showed why getting these guys in a room talking about video games they care about is amazing. Huber with the hilarious stories, Ben with the Persona 5 hype, interesting discussion about FF15, it all was a super fun watch.
What I also love is them talking about games not on my radar, and will likely never play. Like Blood talking about Gwent. I found that discussion really interesting.

Raybunny

Since doggy was there and you guys can acess the other shows that easily explain me where are you guys? Living loft, booth made for thins kind of stuff, hotel room?

FootballFan

For all that is holy Ben, try to not let posters in this thread or other forums affect how you communicate with your audience or interact with your buddies. Seriously, you guys did an amazing job today and yesterday for E3.

Congrats

P.S. That persona 5 segment was excellent :)

Ben don't you dare bow down too anyone in expressing your hype.

As for the CV talk just sounds like the build was janky. I'm sure the story will develop fine to in the prologue chapter. Not worried.

Honestly Ben has been getting ready to shit on the game at every opportunity he gets so thats no surprise. Wouldn't want it to overshadow Personna 5 for him.
Dude if you follow them at all you would know That's not true at all. The dude pre ordered that crazy collectors edition and went to the FFXV event. The man loves the franchise and JRPGS. He wants it to be good

Wagram

Honestly Ben has been getting ready to shit on the game at every opportunity he gets so thats no surprise. Wouldn't want it to overshadow Personna 5 for him.

It's true that he loves Persona, but stating that he's doing it at the expense of Final Fantasy is wildly inaccurate. He's a hardcore Final Fantasy fan. FFXV has been marketed and demoed in such a manner that i've never seen. It's either insano positive or bottom of the barrel negative.

The director has different builds being shown all the time that we don't even know what's what anymore. They're clearly spreading themselves so thin that it's harming the reception of the game. We can hope it all comes together for the final product.

Mario007

Dude if you follow them at all you would know That's not true at all. The dude pre ordered that crazy collectors edition and went to the FFXV event. The man loves the franchise and JRPGS. He wants it to be good
Out of four frametraps that we had Ben shat on FFXV both times without any FF news coming. One time it was literally, "man persona 5 is gonna be so much better than ffxv because ffxv lacks soul". It got to a point where Bloodworth had to say they're being too harsh on FFXV.

Similarly no criticism is even remotely allowed of P5, the fact that the game is an upport ps3 game was never even mentioned, the fact tha p4 takes good 6-8 hours till the tutorials finish and you're finally left to your devices isn't mentioned. The fact that Atlus isn't releasing the game in Europe is never mentioned.

Its just not a very balanced discussion, especially when Ben tries to dominate every conversation with his excitement and opinion.

FootballFan

Out of four frametraps that we had Ben shat on FFXV both times without any FF news coming. One time it was literally, "man persona 5 is gonna be so much better than ffxv because ffxv lacks soul". It got to a point where Bloodworth had to say they're being too harsh on FFXV.

Similarly no criticism is even remotely allowed of P5, the fact that the game is an upport ps3 game was never even mentioned, the fact tha p4 takes good 6-8 hours till the tutorials finish and you're finally left to your devices isn't mentioned. The fact that Atlus isn't releasing the game in Europe is never mentioned.

Its just not a very balanced discussion, especially when Ben tries to dominate every conversation with his excitement and opinion.

They do mention the slow start for P4 in one of their GT videos, today they also mentioned that P5 is available for PS3 too (Ben specifically mentioned concerns over some graphics issues arising from being a cross-gen title.

so1337

I just finished watching the day 1 stream. Some thoughts:

-I need to watch that Zelda stuff. Sounds amazing.
-THE DRAGON OF DOJIMA WILL RISE

SPAW

To small comments after what has overall been a very nice E3 experience.

First, Ben and Damiani should get lots of props for actually being completely honest about their feelings towards what is my personal most hyped game of 2016 FFXV - should have been 2017 evidently. I assumed that took some guts to crush (mine) kyles hopes in such a dramatic fashion.

Second, but it short of retracts from their performance when they evidently are speculating about stuff which we have known for months to be true (presence of a prologue, cut first city battles and so on). the absence of such knowledge from two of the greatest JRPG gurus left in the industry is just sad.

This is absolute nonsense.

I adored Episode Duscae. When we streamed it at GT I was overwhelmingly positive about it. However, that doesn't prevent the criticisms from my 90 minute demo from being any less true. In the time I was given, I tried to explain my issues as clearly as I could. All I'm doing is reporting my opinions based on what I saw.

I said REPEATEDLY that the final game could be much better than what I witnessed. I wouldn't be surprised if I did a 180 on the game in September. But all I can do is express my experiences as they happen. Sometimes those experiences may be negative.

Example, when I played Hitman at a press event it was an absolute mess. However, I've been greatly enjoying the final versions of all three episodes and I can't wait for more. Things change.

The reason you're noticing such a huge difference in the way I talk about Persona 5 versus Final Fantasy XV is I haven't played Persona 5. At all. If I were encounter severe issues during a Persona 5 demo, I would absolutely express my concern to the best of my ability. All I've seen are trailers which I think have been excellent for reasons I've also explained.

You seem to want to believe that I'm purposefully shitting on FFXV for the sake of Persona 5. I hold Final Fantasy much closer to my heart than Persona. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite RPG, Western or Eastern. This sounds like a "console war" argument. I used to enjoy engaging with this thread because I thought it consisted of people who wanted to have reasonable conversations. Tonight has taught me that I should probably take a break.

fastmower

Ben, please do not apologize to the haters. EZA fans love you guys for who you are. Please don't change for a vocally negative minority.

SPAW

Ben, please do not apologize to the haters. EZA fans love you guys for who you are. Please don't change for a vocally negative minority.

why not refrain from describing people as "haters" when they put forward a opinion which can be argued for or against? lets drop the lovers vs haters narrative in this thread.

Ray Down

Banned
why not refrain from describing people as "haters" when they put forward a opinion which can be argued for or against? lets drop the lovers vs haters narrative in this thread.

This is what I especially I don't like about some posters it's not just people hateing to hate we are all fans.

fastmower

I'll use a different word than haters next time.

On topic: This e3 had been the best ever so far, thanks to EZA. Thank you guys for everything. You genuinely make my life full of big smiles and laughs.

The issue with Daminani was he felt almost childish just trudging along through the podcast until they got to Zelda. He really shouldn't have been on the podcast if all he's going to give is short (negative) statements in conversations he really doesn't want to be in.

Can't wait for impressions on The Last Guardian tomorrow.

Ben, you communicated everything on stream in a perfectly reasonable and clear manner. There was no question regarding your integrity in the matter. Not even a hint.

Everyone needs a forum break sometimes (especially NeoGaf), but just know that we love you and appreciate your articulate and passionate discussions and analysis of games. Hope the EZA forum takes off and we can all communicate there.

Looking forward to more tomorrow.

-Love and Respect from a patron

SPAW

This is what I especially I don't like about some posters it's not just people hateing to hate we are all fans.

I agree, I might be highly critical of how Ben framed that frametrap discussion on persona vs FFXV - a lesson in leading question framing for any survey researchers out there - but by god I love the overall output of EA.

the EA guys will just have to separate small points of criticism from the overall feedback , which I perceive as highly positive.

Mario007

This is absolute nonsense.

I absolutely adored Episode Duscae. When we streamed it at GT I was overwhelmingly positive about it. However, that doesn't prevent the criticisms from my 90 minute demo from being any less true. In the time I was given, I tried to explain my issues as clearly as I could. All I'm doing is reporting my opinions based on what I saw.

I said REPEATEDLY that the final game could be much better than what I witnessed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I did a 180 on the game in September. But all I can do is express my experiences as they happen. Sometimes those experiences may be negative.

Example, when I played Hitman at a press event it was an absolute mess. However, I've been greatly enjoying the final versions of all three episodes and I can't wait for more. Things change.

The reason you're noticing such a huge difference in the way I talk about Persona 5 versus Final Fantasy XV is I haven't played Persona 5. At all. If I were encounter severe issues during a Persona 5 demo, I would absolutely express my concern to the best of my ability. All I've seen are trailers which I think have been excellent for reasons I've also explained.

You seem to want to believe that I'm purposefully shitting on FFXV for the sake of Persona 5 for reasons I don't understand. I hold Final Fantasy much closer to my heart than Persona. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite RPG, Western or Eastern. This sounds like a "console war" argument. I used to enjoy engaging with this thread because I thought it consisted of people who wanted to have reasonable conversations. Tonight has taught me that I should probably take a break.
While I appreciate where you're coming from, many of the points you'vr raised are quite questionable.

On frame trap repeatedly you were down on XV and that is without playing the demo as well, duscae and platinum demo notwithstanding as one is no longer relevant the othet is a tech demo.

At the same time you've been drooling over every piece of news from P5. There's nothing wrong with being excited for a game but when that excitement eclipses the ability to have a balance discussion, going as far as "guessing" P5 will get 9 and 10s in the review while FFXV will get 8s thays when it becomes a problem.

I've raised other points im my follow up for why I think you've been unfairly critical of the game in favor of P5.

Also the fact that you lacked significant knowledge about the game when you were talking about it now underscore that maybe you're not following the game as closely as you might believe. Similarly out of the two times Frame Trap has discussed XV none of those have been to actually discuss the Gameinformer and IGN first details.

Finally Ben I'm an easy allies patron. Not a hater as some here might say, but that doesn't preclude me from criticism. Similarly I would suggest foe you to not run away from criticism as then eza becomes an echo chamber and I really don't want that.

sappyday

Ben if you're still awake, go back and play Duscae if you still have it. Cause like you said you had a jolly time playing it. I would like to know what Duscae does in its open section better than the demo you played. Cause Duscae is this open place that has 3 point of location (gas station, chocobo station, and cave) that don't have much to do and there are a few animals in between, yet it was a lot more fun than the demo. Does the demo you have not have enemies roaming around? Or any point of interest nearby?

If you want that is.

While I appreciate where you're coming from, many of the points you'vr raised are quite questionable.

On frame trap repeatedly you were down on XV and that is without playing the demo as well, duscae and platinum demo notwithstanding as one is no longer relevant the othet is a tech demo.

At the same time you've been drooling over every piece of news from P5. There's nothing wrong with being excited for a game but when that excitement eclipses the ability to have a balance discussion, going as far as "guessing" P5 will get 9 and 10s in the review while FFXV will get 8s thays when it becomes a problem.

I've raised other points im my follow up for why I think you've been unfairly critical of the game in favor of P5.

Also the fact that you lacked significant knowledge about the game when you were talking about it now underscore that maybe you're not following the game as closely as you might believe. Similarly out of the two times Frame Trap has discussed XV none of those have been to actually discuss the Gameinformer and IGN first details.

Finally Ben I'm an easy allies patron. Not a hater as some here might say, but that doesn't preclude me from criticism. Similarly I would suggest foe you to not run away from criticism as then eza becomes an echo chamber and I really don't want that.

Guessing a game's score before it comes out is a stupid thing to do and I am very guilty of that. No argument there.

I was down on Platinum demo because I didn't enjoy it. But I also admitted very clearly tonight that I haven't fully explored the combat based on what I've seen from other players. There's more for me to explore and I need to make the time to do that.

We brought up a ton of details from the Game Informer cover on Frame Trap. I name drop Game Informer multiple times during the episode. (Not the Persona 5 episode, but the first episode of Frame Trap).

As far as "questionable points", I'm not sure how to respond since you didn't actually bring any of those up.

llehuty

Damn, this thread sometimes...

Things people need to learn:
- How to communicate their opinions without being disrespectful
- People can have different opinions that may or may not overlap with other people opinions
- People will obviously spend more time talking about things they like rather than things they don't like.
- Opinion can change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom