• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I also think feelings on FF and P5 are heavily influenced by the recent track record.
I don't think that is unreasonable. I want FF15 to be good so bad but I just can't help to have doubts and be skeptic. Only the full game being amazing will dispel that.

A_Dang

I was watching the day one impressions video and noticed something very troubling...

After the Zelda talk, when Kyle is attempting to focus the camera you can briefly see the slice of pizza he was eating. And he was eating it crust first. I had to pause the video, and regain composure. My trust has been broken. Kyle usually exhibits excillent judgement...how could he be so wrong on such an important issue?

Kyle, please. We love you, and care about you. Please reconsider your choices.

I was watching the day one impressions video and noticed something very troubling...

After the Zelda talk, when Kyle is attempting to focus the camera you can briefly see the slice of pizza he was eating. And he was eating it crust first. I had to pause the video, and regain composure. My trust has been broken. Kyle usually exhibits excillent judgement...how could he be so wrong on such an important issue?

Kyle is going to make America great again.

Hasney

Now this is just wrong. #JRPGhazi is over, and #CrustGate begins. As a patron, I'm outraged.

Rongolian

Banned
You should look up the definition of a troll. By all accounts that person's argument might be trash, I dont know I dont care. But of all things what YOU are doing is here is making it more difficult being an ally than anything else. (And I kinda hate to say this because these types of talking about ourselves instead of talking about games is stupid, but ugh..)

"Good vibes, good hype"

"Love and respect"

Respectfully disagree with people's opinions, don't attack them. Nothing about that is difficult.

llehuty

Wow, you weren't kidding with the Yakuza 0 story. I wouldn't be surprised if some game companies have contacted him to do some PR job. Imagine him hosting an E3 conference. #UnleashTheJolly

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
If Kyle doesn't win this bet special we're getting robbed again..... like Huber going all storyteller mode with action figures I need to see this.

kami_sama

Wow, you weren't kidding with the Yakuza 0 story. I wouldn't be surprised if some game companies have contacted him to do some PR job. Imagine him hosting an E3 conference. #UnleashTheJolly

People would die due to too much hype.
The moment Huber starts talking heads will explode.

Blood. I know you're busy but if you're reading this. You really need to take that Huber Yakuza story and make it its own YouTube video. That needs the same treatment as the other highlight clips you've done

Blood. I know you're busy but if you're reading this. You really need to take that Huber Yakuza story and make it its own YouTube video. That needs the same treatment as the other highlight clips you've done

Ditto. Actually would kinda cool to have many of the individual game discussions broken out come to think of it, but that would be a Herculean task.

Maybe once E3 wraps?

I would create a thread just for people to see that Yakuza thing if it does become a YT video.

sora87

Fastest and loosest stream ever, waiting on Huber to finish in the toilet to carry on hahaha. "I can hear him FLUSHING AWAY IN THERE!"

Hasney

IheGCMd.png

PKHtuGY.png

RE2 demo with RE7 possibly. HUBER HOLD ME.

I would say Ben's persona hype too. And maybe even the Zelda discussion beforehand.

But obviously this is all work, and I don't have to do any of it, so take requests with the appropriate skepticism. :)

I would say Ben's persona hype too. And maybe even the Zelda discussion beforehand.

But obviously this is all work, and I don't have to do any of it, so take requests with the appropriate skepticism. :)
I agree. But if I had to choose one, Id start with Yakuza. Zelda is easy as it starts right at the beginning of the video.

But the Yakuza is a ways in and one that I'd love to pass around to friends and say "yo check this out!"

Auctopus

Just watched Ben's FFXV Demo thoughts and thought they were perfectly reasonable. I'm actually a little embarassed that he was coerced in to coming on to this thread and repeat everything he'd already explained again. He said he didn't know everything about the game, he said he could only report what he saw, he said his opinion keeps changing because he's being fed vertical slices months apart. I don't see what the complaints are.

I know it's easier to be cynical but I feel like EZA's impressions were far more grounded than the high and mighty words of other publications that just praised its "epicness".

Just watched Ben's FFXV Demo thoughts and thought they were perfectly reasonable. I'm actually a little embarassed that he was coerced in to coming on to this thread and repeat everything he'd already explained again. He said he didn't know everything about the game, he said he could only report what he saw, he said his opinion keeps changing because he's being fed vertical slices months apart. I don't see what the complaints are.

I know it's easier to be cynical but I feel like EZA's impressions were far more grounded than the high and mighty words of other publications that just praised its "epicness".

Especially as Damiani was pretty much backing him up there and that man loves him some Final Fantasy too.
Agreed. Sometimes people hear what they want to hear. I have FFXV pre ordered. I want it to be good so badly, what they detailed was well explained and didn't come off as a flippant response or some crazy bias that I know isn't there.

I wasn't aware that was a thing you could even do with pizza.

Just watched through their entire coverage of the Sony conference and it solidified why I love these guys. They're so enthusiastic which is so refreshing with so much cynicism out there.

Volotaire

Just wondering, but have they streamed their reactions of the Zelda trailer? Or was that completely ignored?

They didn't. The only outlet that I think did it (not counting YouTubers) were GB. IGN had a pre and post show reactions. SBF had reactions too (but they're more of a YouTube channel).

Hasney

Just realised while playing Trials of the Blood Dragon that there's no creation tools. I never use them and am loving the game, but would have loved to see what Don did, so that's a shame.

Crust first is the only way to eat pizza. Get the crappy bit out of the way first.

I don't even like pizza

It's no wonder you don't like pizza if that's how you eat it!

Not to go totally nuclear, but this bugged the hell out of me:
This is what I especially I don't like about some posters it's not just people hateing to hate we are all fans.
'sometimes I can't stand ben'
'ben is overly critical of game because he's a shill for other game'

These are not respectful comments, and your feelings shouldn't be hurt when you and others are described as a hater (or worse!) when you can't be bothered to use common decency in your critiques. It doesn't matter that you meant to be constructive, if you weren't, you weren't. It's not sane for ben or any content creator to interact with 'fans' when the level of discourse is at the level of passive aggressive insults and veiled namecalling. Or, hate...

Philippo

Day 1 Impressions is EZA at its best, the crew is UNLEASHED.

Will come back later because i want to participate in the FFXV discussion.

Visceir

Wanted to hear the FF XV talk before I chipped in with a comment but this sums it up quite well:

I've been playing through FF XII zodiac edition and then combat and gameplay don't really stand out but I'm still enjoying the game greatly because of the characters, world and the story. Their FF XV story complaints didn't really phase me much either.

It's Final Fantasy, if it's anything like the previous ones that 90 min demo was just 5% of the game.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'd love to arrange some group games in the Unofficial EZA PSN group at some point if anyone would be interested. I think it would be great fun playing some Overwatch alongside some other Allies (at a time that is EU friendly).

A_Dang

Now this is just wrong. #JRPGhazi is over, and #CrustGate begins. As a patron, I'm outraged.

Day 1 Impressions is EZA at its best, the crew is UNLEASHED.

Will come back later because i want to participate in the FFXV discussion.

Kyle eating pizza backwards is definitely "unleashed" and the most disappointing aspect of EZA covering E3.

Year of Dreams 2 cancelled. #CrustGate

Ray Down

Banned
I'd love to arrange some group games in the Unofficial EZA PSN group at some point if anyone would be interested. I think it would be great fun playing some Overwatch alongside some other Allies (at a time that is EU friendly).

That be fun, I would be up for it though hopefully by the time this/if it set up my internet problems get sorted through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom