• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

I'd really appreciate it if GamingOblivion and Liamc723 would both knock it off or take it PM or something. It's like every day with you two

GamingOblivion - you seem way way too sensitive to any criticism that pops up. And jump on people way too quick and way too aggressively. I get you're heart is in the right place but it's not helping. You're not a moderator, if you have big issues go to them.

This is the second time I've ever responded to him.

I'd really appreciate it if GamingOblivion and Liamc723 would both knock it off or take it PM or something. It's like every day with you two

GamingOblivion - you seem way way too sensitive to any criticism that pops up. And jump on people way too quick and way too aggressively. I get you're heart is in the right place but it's not helping. You're not a moderator, if you have big issues go to them.

And I was right, because Ben came in here causing a big ruckus because people were being too harsh, saying that he needs to stay away from this thread. It was something I was hoping to avoid and keep avoiding. But hey. If I'm being too sensitive to criticisms, then y'all do what you want. I'll shut my mouth.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Huber just accosting game directors with his locked-at-11 personality is true joy to hear about. "HEY CAGE? SEEN 'HUMANS'?"

FFXV doesn't sound like its in a good place and I'd twigged that from Ben mentioning there was a game he was disappointed by a week ago :( They should give it a 2 month bump as it clearly needs it. The framerate issues have been a concern all the way through and it sounds like they've got worse. It's very weird to hear the game is less good than Duscae. SE still having troubles making dem jRPGs to this day I guess.

I loved Ben and Huber's day one show floor experiences. Damiani's negativity towards nearly every game discussion, and then his sudden giddiness for zelda was a little bit off-putting. I think the panel selection is really key with how people receive these shows, the EZA personalities are all so different.

I wish they'd stop putting Damiani into the podcast seats so often when its clear he doesn't want to be there. He's great off camera with in depth stuff like Game Sleuth and obviously drag him on for Zelda chats, but he's just not interested in anything else and drags entire shows down because of that. He just sat there awkwardly pawing a Zelda shirt and not engaging at all.

On comes Huber and Ben and Brad to chat about games and the entire dynamic changes and becomes massively engaging and entertaining to watch.

Once again, I'm sure Damiani is gonna bring a lot to other sides of EZA, but the "troll" shit is so 2010 and for people that can't just be quality live entertainers.

Tankard

Backdoor shady dealings with Brandon, i love they are free to do this sort of stuff, keeping those sweet connections is important.

finally watched last night streams

the allies specifically asked ben for his opinion on Persona, and he gave it, based on what he saw... and prefaced it with the fact that he hasnt played it yet. he did share 1 or 2 worries about persona, so it wasn't all gushing... he didn't "dominate" the convo, and if you feel he did its because the allies asked him to

And on FFXv he based it on what he played and prefaced it with the fact that things can change, and he hopes they do change for the better. Overall he didnt bring up any criticisms without backing it up. Also damiani wasnt loving ffxv either so i'm not understanding why it's become a "ben wants p5 seem better than ffxv" agenda.

I really don't get the issue ppl had with him expressing his opinions... After watching it, and seeing his reaction in this thread, i'd be happy if he doesn't come back in here. it would be lame to see him try to plz some of the weird whining in this thread.

Umibozu

Nintendo announced a new action rpg 3ds IP, don't think it's up any of the allies alleys though.
Lol, I meant in the recent pages, didn't mean that was your only contribution. I apologise for any offence taken.

Tankard

finally watched last night streams

the allies specifically asked ben for his opinion on Persona, and he gave it, based on what he saw... and prefaced it with the fact that he hasnt played it yet. he did share 1 or 2 worries about persona, so it wasn't all gushing... he didn't "dominate" the convo, and if you feel he did its because the allies asked him to

And on FFXv he based it on what he played and prefaced it with the fact that things can change, and he hopes they do change for the better. Overall he didnt bring up any criticisms without backing it up. Also damiani wasnt loving ffxv either so i'm not understanding why it's become a "ben wants p5 seem better than ffxv" agenda.

I really don't get the issue ppl had with him expressing his opinions... After watching it, and seeing his reaction in this thread, i'd be happy if he doesn't come back in here. it would be lame to see him try to plz some of the weird whining in this thread.

A couple of people are just being totally ridiculous with Ben and it's because of something that happens in every community, some just can't stand hearing negative things about something they like, even when it's a well built criticism, that being said, Ben (and i know he will read this) needs to stop looking and reacting to 2 out of touch negative people instead of looking for the other 500 thousand people saying there is nothing wrong.

On that note, i gave Damiani the benefit of doubt when he was 'joking/trolling" about other games and shaking Zelda t-shirt, it's pure fun to me until he comes to talk about Zelda and goes 180º in personality and raves about it despite a lot of being having concerns and doesn't "joke/troll" about it too, the selective joking there makes me thing it doesn't really come from a place of trolling.

ClAEPanUUAIYGUi.jpg

Hasney

I'm watching the Gamespot thing as I just consume all of E3 during this week with whoever is live (and Danny O'Dwywer is great) so I'll let you know when Brandon appears.

EDIT: The ScrewAttack guy just said while talking about Sea of Thieves "I wanna be like what Michael Damiani of EZA said and just be the troll that kicks people off the ships." Nice!

I've not actually checked out Screwattack for ages thinking about it.

I'm watching the Gamespot thing as I just consume all of E3 during this week with whoever is live (and Danny O'Dwywer is great) so I'll let you know when Brandon appears.

Apparently Brandon was already there. I rewinded the Gamestop stream and he was on like half an hour ago.

I've gotta say this EZA is the best coverage I have ever seen from them or anybody. It feels so tight knit and so inclusive. The worst thing about E3 is that you can't actually go so the conference days feel like the real E3 for all of us at home. But watching the stream from last night it felt like even though I didn't get to go I could experience things through their eyes. I didn't feel jealous and I didn't feel confused. They just talked about games in an inclusive and casual way. Feels great man best 10 bucks a month I've ever spent.

sora87

EDIT: The ScrewAttack guy just said while talking about Sea of Thieves "I wanna be like what Michael Damiani of EZA said and just be the troll that kicks people off the ships." Nice!

I've not actually checked out Screwattack for ages thinking about it.

Was it Craig? He loves the allies.

WarRock

Unfortunately I fell asleep when they were starting to talk about FFXV. Man, great coverage. I wouldn't be paying this much attention to E3 this year without Easy Allies.

Hope I can catch more live shows in the future.

Oh, and about Zelda... man, I had the Treehouse open while working yesterday all day, and I had awful impressions of it. Lots of cool stuff, but it seemed so boring and by-the-numbers-modern-game-design, almost the antithesis of what Nintendo usually does... I'm trusting more in the impressions of people who have played it than me, of course, but I'm concerned.

I'm sorry the Persona talk didn't work for people. I'll try to be less dominating. It was just an exciting day for me and I guess I wasn't as aware of certain things as I could have been.

I won't apologize for getting excited though. Maybe you don't like the way I get excited and that's fine, but those emotions are genuine and I don't want to feel like I have to mask that.
Nah, that was great. People asked questions and you answered them, that's enough.

I was watching the day one impressions video and noticed something very troubling...

After the Zelda talk, when Kyle is attempting to focus the camera you can briefly see the slice of pizza he was eating. And he was eating it crust first. I had to pause the video, and regain composure. My trust has been broken. Kyle usually exhibits excillent judgement...how could he be so wrong on such an important issue?

Kyle, please. We love you, and care about you. Please reconsider your choices.
Now this is important stuff.

I'm very concerned for Zelda. Its quite the breakthrough for the Zelda franchise but looking at how far open world games have come it feels quite behind.

Also, as usual concerned for FFXV's battle system.

Philippo

Ben if you're reading this, are you aware that the Titan demo from FFXV is actually custom made for this demo and it will play differently in the final game? As in it will have different requirements and mechanics? It was specified in the latest ATR.

Ben if you're reading this, are you aware that the Titan demo from FFXV is actually custom made for this demo and it will play differently in the final game? As in it will have different requirements and mechanics? It was specified in the latest ATR.

Makes you wonder why SE would waste time building a custom demo that won't ever be in the main game. Spend those resources on Polish and bug fixes and just demo a real section in the game. This game has had terrible marketing optics.

Makes you wonder why SE would waste time building a custom demo that won't ever be in the main game. Spend those resources on Polish and bug fixes and just demo a real section in the game. This game has had terrible marketing optics.

I blame Mat Kishimoto.

But yeah SE's marketing for this game makes no fucking sense.

Philippo

I get their POV though: they wanted to show off one of the game's "epic" moments without spoiling how it is in the full game. Sadly they failed at it, but the reason behind this makes sense,

Visceir

Jones palms covered in grease!

I remember him talking about never really going to these events to mingle and make connections and how he wished he had done that.

I'm glad he did get the chance to start doing it.

I wonder how the other EZA members feel about stuff like this. I imagine it would be rather valuable to put yourself out there and create new connections.

sora87

I thought the conference wrap up was a quick summary of their thoughts on all conferences? Only the Sony post show talk is there.

They did a separate wrap up for each conference minus the PC gaming show, ranging from 30 minutes to an hour long, directly after they aired.

On this weeks podcast they talk briefly about each conference though for about 20 minutes. That's in their twitch highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom