• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you'll be able to do this in the new zelda

tumblr_o8s0gmb9DO1u5sf4oo1_500.gif

No joke, I think this would be a fun test of the physics engine. Bombs can be self detonated, so roll one down a hill, ride your shield down after and detonate as you go over it.

It would probably just hurt you, but if the shield still protects you and/or Link gains momentum, that opens up all sorts of possibilities.

styl3s

Not to go totally nuclear, but this bugged the hell out of me:

'sometimes I can't stand ben'
'ben is overly critical of game because he's a shill for other game'

These are not respectful comments, and your feelings shouldn't be hurt when you and others are described as a hater (or worse!) when you can't be bothered to use common decency in your critiques. It doesn't matter that you meant to be constructive, if you weren't, you weren't. It's not sane for ben or any content creator to interact with 'fans' when the level of discourse is at the level of passive aggressive insults and veiled namecalling. Or, hate...
It's especially disrespectful when you say it because he doesn't like a game you like, it's childish. But i never took the one guy serious because he started his argument with "these kids". Anyone who starts off a complaint by calling grown men kids is a sure fire way to have everyone not take you seriously.

Hey guys, I wanted to talk about that FFXV scene the Allies were discussing in last night's stream, the one where the protagonists learn about the invasion from a newspaper. I was watching a video interview with Tabata while footage played over them and the scene came up in the b-roll.

I'd love to get you guys' input on this because I'd like to try something here. In this video (the scene starts at around 8:12 and I included the timestamp in the link) the scene plays out but there is no audio for it. I watched the scene and focused on the body language of the characters and, while I know Ben said there felt like little emotion was expressed despite the severity of the news, the characters managed to convey genuine emotion to me from that body language.

Igni tenses up, his body becomes rigid as he watches his friends read the newspaper he'd already digested before entering the room. Noctis's eyes widen in surprise, he quickly moves over to the group and seemingly begins to interrogate Ignis, his brow pushed together to express he's upset. Prompto turns away from the group, head down, clenching his wrist like a stressful habit. Noctis's pace slows, he begins to meander about the room as he tries to process what Ignis wants him to accept, before slumping into the chair. Galdiolus remains stoic while he reads the article, but there's a noticeable sense of force as he brings the newspaper down to his side, and he looks about the room like he's making a call for action. Prompto responds to this by turning to face his friends, and he says something that feels determined as he clenches his fist and leans a bit forward, pivoting on his left leg a bit. Noctis takes everything in, you can see him processing things in his head, before a determined look spreads across his face.

I'd love it if you guys (and maybe even Ben if he has the time :D) could tell me your thoughts. It's less that two minutes long so hope it won't inconvenience you. Is there emotion? Do I have confirmation bias? Let me know!

sora87

No joke, I think this would be a fun test of the physics engine. Bombs can be self detonated, so roll one down a hill, ride your shield down after and detonate as you go over it.

It would probably just hurt you, but if the shield still protects you and/or Link gains momentum, that opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Yep, it'd be so cool to do and a nice little throwback.

where can I watch the press conference wrap up

Everything's up on their youtube channel, dunno which conference you wanted

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA

I was watching the day one impressions video and noticed something very troubling...

After the Zelda talk, when Kyle is attempting to focus the camera you can briefly see the slice of pizza he was eating. And he was eating it crust first. I had to pause the video, and regain composure. My trust has been broken. Kyle usually exhibits excillent judgement...how could he be so wrong on such an important issue?

Kyle, please. We love you, and care about you. Please reconsider your choices.

Haha, I noticed this too. I immediately looked at chat to see if anyone would say anything, but noone did.

Tregard

Soothsayer
That be fun, I would be up for it though hopefully by the time this/if it set up my internet problems get sorted through.

Great stuff! Anyone else who would be interested look up "Easy Allies" on the communities section of your PS4 and we'll figure out a time & date :D

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I wanted to talk about that FFXV scene the Allies were discussing in last night's stream, the one where the protagonists learn about the invasion from a newspaper. I was watching a video interview with Tabata while footage played over them and the scene came up in the b-roll.

I'd love to get you guys' input on this because I'd like to try something here. In this video (the scene starts at around 8:12 and I included the timestamp in the link) the scene plays out but there is no audio for it. I watched the scene and focused on the body language of the characters and, while I know Ben said there felt like little emotion was expressed despite the severity of the news, the characters managed to convey genuine emotion to me from that body language.

Igni tenses up, his body becomes rigid as he watches his friends read the newspaper he'd already digested before entering the room. Noctis's eyes widen in surprise, he quickly moves over to the group and seemingly begins to interrogate Ignis, his brow pushed together to express he's upset. Prompto turns away from the group, head down, clenching his wrist like a stressful habit. Noctis's pace slows, he begins to meander about the room as he tries to process what Ignis wants him to accept, before slumping into the chair. Galdiolus remains stoic while he reads the article, but there's a noticeable sense of force as he brings the newspaper down to his side, and he looks about the room like he's making a call for action. Prompto responds to this by turning to face his friends, and he says something that feels determined as he clenches his fist and leans a bit forward, pivoting on his left leg a bit. Noctis takes everything in, you can see him processing things in his head, before a determined look spreads across his face.

I'd love it if you guys (and maybe even Ben if he has the time :D) could tell me your thoughts. It's less that two minutes long so hope it won't inconvenience you. Is there emotion? Do I have confirmation bias? Let me know!

Wish I would see this too, all I see is meh face animation(mostly because other titles have set the bar so high and scope is not an excuse because witcher 3 which has great face animation). The body language, I don't see it there are no subtle movements of the body I even watched parts at 0.25 speed. So I don't know, I feel like I've seen more expressive/subtle full body animation from Souls games compared to that 2 min scene.

Still those things will be small if FF can get characters and combat right.

Tankard

Made me want to get a PS3 to play through 3-5..man, can't believe I skipped over those 3 games. Loved 1 and 2.

Really bummed they didn't bring Yakuza 5 on PS4.

Yep, Yakuza 4 was the last one in the series i played. People in the Yakuza 5 thread convinced me to buy it for ps3 but i still need to plug back the console to play the game, i'm just too lazy to do it and somehow expecting they port it to PS4, although at this point i doubt it's gonna happen.

Burt

Hnnnnnngggggg went to sleep last night in the middle of the FFXIV talk because it was getting too late and just caught up on the plans for today and I can't waaaiitttttt

Other than EZA, who should I be turning to in the interim?

Jeels

Just watched Ben's FFXV Demo thoughts and thought they were perfectly reasonable. I'm actually a little embarassed that he was coerced in to coming on to this thread and repeat everything he'd already explained again. He said he didn't know everything about the game, he said he could only report what he saw, he said his opinion keeps changing because he's being fed vertical slices months apart. I don't see what the complaints are.

I know it's easier to be cynical but I feel like EZA's impressions were far more grounded than the high and mighty words of other publications that just praised its "epicness".

Link to the impressions?

Holy shit this thread became a shitshow. EDIT: it was a shitshow two pages ago apprently

This has cemented in my mind that people still haven't learned the basics of not being a shitty person to other people. You guys have spent too much time arguing on an internet forum to stop and think that these are real human beings you're talking to.

You don't:

-Call someone a shill who spent 30 minutes telling you their impressions in a level headed way
-You don't say "I can't stand blah blah blah" because that opinion is literally not needed and adds nothing to the discussion.
-Personally attack someone for something they were passionate about

Ben's right, he needs to stay away from childish people and discussion. Especially during E3.

But please Ben, if you're reading this, don't change for anyone else. For every person in this thread hating on you (yes, hating, deal with it) there's literally hundreds of people that love the way you get excited for things and discuss things. I actually think you're one of the more level headed people in the group he explains why he's excited the way he is but can be objective too.

Now that thats out of the way, #CrustGate is what we really should be focusing on. Damn you Kyle!

ito007

For the sake of my own psyche I'm just going to say that FFXV demoed poorly and the actual game is much better. The performance can be fixed, the story can be helped with the prologue, and the combat will probably come out as polished. As for baron lands... let's hope that's not a big deal lol.

Very interesting reports from Ben and Damiani. Hopefully all the issues they mentioned get fixed.

Liamc723

Holy shit this thread became a shitshow. EDIT: it was a shitshow two pages ago apprently

This has cemented in my mind that people still haven't learned the basics of not being a shitty person to other people. You guys have spent too much time arguing on an internet forum to stop and think that these are real human beings you're talking to.

You don't:

-Call someone a shill who spent 30 minutes telling you their impressions in a level headed way
-You don't say "I can't stand blah blah blah" because that opinion is literally not needed and adds nothing to the discussion.
-Personally attack someone for something they were passionate about

Ben's right, he needs to stay away from childish people and discussion. Especially during E3.

But please Ben, if you're reading this, don't change for anyone else. For every person in this thread hating on you (yes, hating, deal with it) there's literally hundreds of people that love the way you get excited for things and discuss things. I actually think you're one of the more level headed people in the group he explains why he's excited the way he is but can be objective too.

Now that thats out of the way, #CrustGate is what we really should be focusing on. Damn you Kyle!

Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't post about? You're acting like some dictator.

Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't post about? You're acting like some dictator.

You can criticize them all you want. But do it in a constructive way. I'm assuming y'all are adults and learned how to do that.

In the immortal words of Bill & Ted: "Be excellent to each other, dudes!"

Shouldn't that tell you something? It comes across like you are.

Ignoring the other point I made I see

If you want to be an ass to EZA then fine, go do it. But what I saw last night the way some of you were treating Ben was utter nonsense and quite embarrassing. NeoGAF is supposed to be better than this.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Hey I'm team some people here need to chill out about being like the people we've seen in We happy few and go all out
header.jpg

WE HAVE A DOWNER OVER HERE!!!
Every time someone says something critical(like I just glimpsed some youtube comments on damiani in first day impression x_X) or isn't 150% jolly but I think a call to argue in a way that is more conducive to mutual understanding(which I believe that post in its essence is about) is something positive. I mean for example the guy that went all "Ben ready shitting on any game that isn't Persona".... don't know that just makes me sigh and dismiss it outright given that just isn't the case.

Liamc723

Ignoring the other point I made I see

If you want to be an ass to EZA then fine, go do it. But what I saw last night the way some of you were treating Ben was utter nonsense and quite embarrassing. NeoGAF is supposed to be better than this.

Because that's not what I'm addressing, I'm talking about the tone of your posts. You're coming across as trying to tell what people can and can't post. You're nobody who can say that.

Also, editing out what I quoted only makes it more suspect.

Because that's not what I'm addressing, I'm talking about the tone of your posts. You're coming across as trying to tell what people can and can't post. You're nobody who can say that.

Also, editing out what I quoted only makes it more suspect.

I edited it before you posted it. Check the timestamps. I figured it was too much and deleted it 30 seconds after I posted it.

wiibomb

ok I just heard all their impressions from yesterday...

I am so worried for FFXV, I really really don't want them to mess this up, this is their comeback, nobody will forgive them if they do mess this up.

Everyone needs to relax. GamingOblivion I agree with you 100% but all of this got dealt with last night, no need to bring it back now.
Let's get this thread back on track to the real important matter.... Brandon hosting IGN videos. WAAAAHHHT?

muteki

Enjoyed Day 1 impressions, though I skipped over quite a bit of some games I'm not interested in.

Like both the good and bad feedback for P5 and FFXV. Call it like you see it.

Liamc723

Okay? Good for you? I had no idea that someone had saw it and I realized that I was being too harsh.

Jesus christ man let it go and move on

Then don't act like you can tell what people can and can't post. If it's the third time you've had to say it, then other people clearly agree with me.

I'd really appreciate it if GamingOblivion and Liamc723 would both knock it off or take it PM or something. It's like every day with you two

GamingOblivion - you seem way way too sensitive to any criticism that pops up. And jump on people way too quick and way too aggressively. I get you're heart is in the right place but it's not helping. You're not a moderator, if you have big issues go to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom