• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing my Twitter feed a lot of cool things happened at E3 today for the crew.

Huber has photos with IGA and Xavier woods. Ben interviewed Suda 51 and looks like both Huber and Blood played TLG. And Brandon got a big hug from a random E3 encounter. from Pamela Horton. Haha

DMiz

Your e3 show floor coverage was to notch last night. Seriously, the best in the biz. Please let the fellow allies know how fantastic of a time my family and I had watching you guys. (Seriously, my nongamer parents where up late listening to you guys, all by themselves).

Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys and say that my gamer mom is actually also supporting you guys and is a Patron. :) Good work!

Philippo

These days were a gold mine of gifs and we're lacking!
We need gifs of Kyle doing the thumb up like Prompto form FFXV VR and Huber with Ben jumping like kids for RE7.

Huber's Yakuza story is one of my favorite EZA moments ever. I was listening to it at work and i started dying laughing and everyone was staring at me LOL.

Do you all think that Persona 5 would be difficult to get into since I haven't played the other games?

I really like the look of the games, but have not been able to play any of them. Thinking about picking up a PS4.

Tankard

Do you all think that Persona 5 would be difficult to get into since I haven't played the other games?

I really like the look of the games, but have not been able to play any of them. Thinking about picking up a PS4.

Each Persona is very different, with different characters, so you are fine.

Just in case Huber/Ian/Bosman need a quiet spot for a section of their shows.

esHGLFr.png

Watched the GiantBomb Day 1 impressions and it was weird to hear them say that the show floor is actually pretty empty compared to normal. They said there was a lot of space between booths and there was a lot more opportunities to replay demos, such as Titanfall 2.

I wonder why that is, because it's a little concerning.

Each Persona is very different, with different characters, so you are fine.

That's totally rad. Thanks bud.

Hasney

WHOA WHAT IS THIS

The worlds most gloriously easy way to capture gifs. Just drag a window around, hit record and voila. Would just recommend hitting the arrow to the right of rec and picking the middle framerste, but everything else is so easy.

Watched the GiantBomb Day 1 impressions and it was weird to hear them say that the show floor is actually pretty empty compared to normal. They said there was a lot of space between booths and there was a lot more opportunities to replay demos, such as Titanfall 2.

I wonder why that is, because it's a little concerning.

Because EA and Activision aren't on the floor. Replaying Titanfall 2 had nothing to do with E3 though because that was at EA's own thing. There were still enough people there that the show floor opened at 9am and by 10:15 or so, Nintendo had to turn people away as the line was full for the rest of the day. Also Hubers Yakiza story involved every other booth being full.

barybll

Banned

Persona are pretty much standalone games like final fantasy
If you dont want to play the previous games you gonna have no problem

They have a new forum as well. Yeah, its been up for about a week now I think.

Love it - it's clean and simple, has everything right up front.

ONE big problem though - my username doesn't fit!!! : (

So yeah, had to be selfconfessedcyn over there instead of my full username, which is what I use on Giant Bomb, here, Twitch, Youtube/etc

I really would love to know if NieR: Automata is playable there.

Ben have you seen anything about it being playable? All the footage so far looks incredible

Also if any Allies know the answer then by all means!

I really would love to know if NieR: Automata is playable there.

Ben have you seen anything about it being playable? All the footage so far looks incredible

Also if any Allies know the answer then by all means!

Went to Square today and asked for an appointment with Nier. They said "sorry we're booked". :(

Roubjon

I just listened to Daminai explain how he felt about the battle system for FFXV and I had the exact same thoughts when comparing how fighting felt during Duscae 2.0 and the Platinum Demo. I really liked their impressions.

J-Skee

Finally getting around to watching their Day 1 impressions & they're so hyped on Zelda. I kind of regret never playing the franchise now.

Considering I have yet to see a single great XV trailer or demo since the E3 2013 Nomura proof of concept one I'm not surprised at all if it turns out rough. The Platinum demo was a final nail to the coffin to have me dehyped, no matter the excuses how it was coded in an hour by two interns or whatever. The combat just doesn't feel fun (even compared to other modern SE games like the infamous XIII and Kingdom Hearts when it comes to pure ARPG). Doesn't help that at the MS conference they were almost tiptoeing throwing the previous FF battle systems under the bus because this new one is supposedly so mindblowing.

Also as Blood said a while back something like you can just feel the engine struggling under the pretty paint SE has thrown over it. The game doesn't seem smooth and coherent.

But sure, maybe the final game will blow me away. Not holding my breath doe. I just got that feeling again that I won't be getting my Final Fantasy fix until Ni No Kuni 2 comes out.

But who knows how I feel when I get my hands on it. It's not like I always agree with Allies when it comes to FF, I personally think XII is pretty bad.

Anyone know if TTE is uploading today?
Not this week. Ben dropped by to explain

Just some clarity, the reason we're not uploading TTE is because we can't shoot more episodes this weekend and therefore wouldn't have anything for next week. Also, the guys made it clear they wanted a break which is understandable considering it's E3. Don't take this the wrong way, they're not burned out or anything it's just everything for us is absolutely nuts right now. Everyone is getting very little sleep.

The latest episode will go live next Wednesday and we'll shoot four more episodes that Saturday.

Ben I know you guys are going live soon but did you or any of the allies play For Honor? How does it feel? How does it play? And will it deliver me to Valhalla?

Bonus question: Is Ragnar in it?

Joqu

Has Huber played the Resi 7 teaser yet? I'm sure he's plenty busy right now but he did mention he wanted to stream it didn't he?

Burt

Has Huber played the Resi 7 teaser yet? I'm sure he's plenty busy right now but he did mention he wanted to stream it didn't he?

I think they said last night towards the very end that they were going to talk about it tonight, so I'm assuming he's gonna have it played.

Joqu

I think they said last night towards the very end that they were going to talk about it tonight, so I'm assuming he's gonna have it played.

Ah, fair enough. I look forward to his impressions.

And who knows, from what I hear about the teaser and how cryptic it's supposed to be he might give it another go on stream soon.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
How's the first game? It's been on my radar.

I'd say good. Great even if you're really invested into the Kiseki/Trails series.
Gameplay wise it's a lot of fun if you're into turn based.
Story wise... maybe a bit overly anime tropey especially if you come off Trails in the Sky but there's just so much other stuff going on outside of that, that's really cool.
Also the game ends on a strong note I think.

My biggest issue with the game if I had to list one is how the social link like systems are implemented.

Panda Rin

I'd say good. Great even if you're really invested into the Kiseki/Trails series.
Gameplay wise it's a lot of fun if you're into turn based.
Story wise... maybe a bit overly anime tropey especially if you come off Trails in the Sky but there's just so much other stuff going on outside of that, that's really cool.
Also the game ends on a strong note I think.

Thanks for the input, I might get into the ones on Steam first then..not too huge overt anime tropes. Only exception is P5 :p!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom