• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash-14

Sonic (25 years this year)

Mario Brothers - though this would be a daunting task unless you limit it to just the main-line games

I'm a big Sonic fan, but maybe something that could attract more mainstream audience at first?

Uncharted for example. Or MGS due Kojima's departure. Idk

timmyp53

I wonder how important archival footage is now that YouTube is now a viable alternative due to let's plays/story only vids and such. Sucks that they have to start from scratch but I think they can manage.

Kasper

I hate those twitch pop up personally, very distracting.

It's the worst. Like stream-ruining. So obnoxious.

I completely agree. I really hope they'll avoid obnoxious garbage like that. It would definitely make me avoid their streams like the plague.

I think Kinda Funny does it okay enough. They read questions from five dollars and up every now and then, and there's a small, quick and largely unobtrusive pop-up telling when someone new has subscribed. The stream seems to already have the latter, which I think is fine enough, but it shouldn't be anything more than that.

Filling the screen with garbage is, to me, a huge no-no. As fun as Huber's various catchphrases are, I wouldn't want them popping up as gifs on streams constantly.

I completely agree. I really hope they'll avoid obnoxious garbage like that. It would definitely make me avoid their streams like the plague.

I think Kinda Funny does it okay enough. They read questions from five dollars and up every now and then, and there's a small, quick and largely unobtrusive pop-up telling when someone new has subscribed. The stream seems to already have the latter, which I think is fine enough, but it shouldn't be anything more than that.

Filling the screen with garbage is, to me, a huge no-no. As fun as Huber's various catchphrases are, I wouldn't want them popping up as gifs on streams constantly.
Yeah totally agree here.
I don't want to see any of that stuff.

Bittercup

If someone can do the EZA logo over my avatar instead of the GT one I'd appreciate it.
2544bnp9r.png

I hope so, they are losing money not having donation on their streams.

From what I have read, twitch donations can be dangerous. Paypal will readily allow a donor to get a refund, but the twitch owner is still charged for the fees. There have even been situation where people have used this maliciously, make a huge donation to incur high fees and then get a refund. The Patreon should protect them more and it encourages their supporters to provide what they really need, continued financial support.

crash-14

Only relevant if they can crank it out before Uncharted 4. Which isn't happening.

Have they said before how much use to take them to make retrospective? It's not the same a Final Fantasy or Tomb Raider retrospective than this IMO

But I agree they can't do it in 1 moth and a half since this ain't their full time job right now. If it was, I honestly thing they could do it.

Karu

Have they said before how much use to take them to make retrospective? It's not the same a Final Fantasy or Tomb Raider retrospective than this IMO

But I agree they can't do it in 1 moth and a half since this ain't their full time job right now. If it was, I honestly thing they could do it.
Final Fantasy took 1 entire year. So yeah, a relatively short one like Deus Ex seems likely.

VanWinkle

Hope to get the podcast soon.

Also I think I'd watch the streams sometimes if the camera feed was way bigger and the audio was better. Normally I don't like that, but I dislike streaming in general and I'm only watching for them.

I don't know. I probably won't watch it much anyway. I just find game streams boring. They're very unfocused and you never know when something interesting is said or will happen.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus Christ at these stream times.

Fucking brutal for east coast. 1am est?

Dumb game Monday. Midnight.

11pm is bad too. I have to be asleep by then. Ughh.

El-Suave

Absolutely - we have to give them time and they need to ask for patience and start with a small franchise. I remember Brandon talking about how much of a pain these were to produce recently. I don't think people backed them just for these even if they arguably were GT's best and timeless content. People back them for the week to week shows and the campaign just happens to be this successful that this goal is reached.

mishakoz

Retrospectives takes months. I produced the Ratchet and Clank Retro (A bigger series, but still) and it took about a month and a half, and it wasn't one of the more detailed retros. Game capture takes awhile, editing takes a long time, and everything takes priority. Not to say it couldn't happen, but there is a lot of attention to detail in the retros, i doubt it will happen.

timmyp53

Retrospectives takes months. I produced the Ratchet and Clank Retro (A bigger series, but still) and it took about a month and a half, and it wasn't one of the more detailed retros. Game capture takes awhile, editing takes a long time, and everything takes priority. Not to say it couldn't happen, but there is a lot of attention to detail in the retros, i doubt it will happen.
Good to know . Hope we can get a rough sketch of timetables soon.

ito007

Ah I see. Thanks for the insight!

So anybody think we will see more battleborn discussions regarding the trailer that just came out?

Hasney

Put it this way, Brandon wanted to call Retrospectives something different so his wife wouldn't get upset when she heard he was working on a new one. It basically used to mean him sleeping at the office several times during the process.

On a scale of Father Gascoigne to Laurence, the First Vicar; how beast mode is Ian going to go once he hears the English version of DS3 is available on Xbox right now?

Ben too, for that matter, but I think he's imported anyway.

timmyp53

Put it this way, Brandon wanted to call Retrospectives something different so his wife wouldn't get upset when she heard he was working on a new one. It basically used to mean him sleeping at the office several times during the process.

Never even really thought about how hard it was to actually make content like this. A lot of footage has to be gathered and a lot of the stuff has to be redone or is unusable.

So close to 30,000 k though.. nnngh

Try watching Maxamillion streams. Starts at like 10-11pm CST my time and goes for 4-6 hours. I end up watching the replays and skipping around.

For streams too late I recommend watching them from the archive during the day or from when you drop out

leaf_

Really this ^
They should be ending the streams at 8pm PST. It's horrible for everyone east coast, South America, Europe...

Someone should tell them because I don't think they realize that.

Really this ^
They should be ending the streams at 8pm PST. It's horrible for everyone east coast, South America, Europe...

At the moment they aren't full time, so they've scheduled as to not interfere if anyone gets jobs during the day

J-Skee

Try watching Maxamillion streams. Starts at like 10-11pm CST my time and goes for 4-6 hours. I end up watching the replays and skipping around.

For streams too late I recommend watching them from the archive during the day or from when you drop out

Yeah, I never catch his streams. Just too late for me. I just stick with his YouTube channel. Caught that Killer Instinct tournament though.

Really this ^

This isn't their full time job so this is probably the only times they can stream.

Lexad

Really this ^

I don't think anyone realizes these guys have other jobs

They really need to set up a streamtips or twitchalerts donation link, they are losing money.

They should def get some kind of tips/donations thing happening through twitch.

KF gets quite a few tips during C&G live and while it's not that much, every little bit helps and if you stream every day it adds up.

I sent them a direct message on the Patreon about it. Hope they set up tips soon.

I sent them a message about this yesterday, got a reply:

EZA said:
For our launch, we wanted to direct as much attention to the Patreon as possible, but we definitely will consider this in the future, thanks!

From what I have read, twitch donations can be dangerous. Paypal will readily allow a donor to get a refund, but the twitch owner is still charged for the fees. There have even been situation where people have used this maliciously, make a huge donation to incur high fees and then get a refund. The Patreon should protect them more and it encourages their supporters to provide what they really need, continued financial support.

As for this, check out BrownMan (Ray Narvaez Jr)'s TwitchAlerts page. According to him, donations come out immediately and are non-refundable. This would allay your fears, right?

To maximise financial success it'd be wise to time those in a way that a retro hits just before another game in a series launches. For Deus Ex that would be a possibility and it should drive Youtube views and attention from developers and publishers. I'm not saying they should sell out or anything but they can use the money from views and it might even open some doors to get better access to devs in the future.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, and I think Deus Ex would be pretty much perfect. Fairly short series (3.5 games), release it in the run-up to the new game's release, and bam - sorted. May even be able to get a Steam / GOG / Humble / Square Enix store affiliate link thing to get a little more revenue - not sure if they'd see that as a conflict of interests or whether that's even possible, mind.

And PLEASE buy new mics! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom