• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I demand that they add donations to their Twitch streams and everytime someone tips we get a lil Must Be Nice popup. Bigger donation makes the popup bigger and louder.

GpclINb.gif

prophecy0

That said TTA is easily my favourite internet show of all time.

TTA is what got me into the current EZA/GT crew. I've always wanted to play DnD but always been intimidated by all the rulebooks and etc. I actually ended up watching most of the TTA episodes with my wife. We both loved them, even though my wife is no where near the nerd I am.

TTA convinced me to get the 5e core set and I ended up doing the starter campaign with my wife and a couple of our friends. I DMed. We had a BLAST. We only did one session, but we can't wait to get started back up again (baby came shorty thereafter and our free time has disappeared).

So yeah TTA was a ton of fun and I'm glad they're doing a new campaign.

I always have a problem with "Z" being used in names. Because I pronounce it "Zed" not "Zee". Because I'm normal.

So in my head it's EZedA. What does that mean?

KeRaSh

I demand that they add donations to their Twitch streams and everytime someone tips we get a lil Must Be Nice popup. Bigger donation makes the popup bigger and louder.

GpclINb.gif

Where did that line originate anyways? I can totally imagine what it sounds like coming from Huber but would like to hear the original.

Mikey Jr.

GpclINb.gif

I...... agree.

I would also add the ability for donations to add comments/questions that pop on screen.

Where did that line originate anyways? I can totally imagine what it sounds like coming from Huber but would like to hear the original.

If memory serves it was something like Ben and Huber playing hearthstone and Huber getting pissed off at Ben who buys good decks/cards (I don't know how the game works) uttering the line ''Pay to win, must be nice.'' It's not in any video I think, just something that happened on their free time.

They've mentioned it a number of times during their streams.

One Saturday night Ben was minding his own business, enjoying a glass of wine, when Huber asked him for a game of Hearthstone. Ben agreed and started to dismantle Huber with ease. Huber messages Ben "Pay to win. Must be nice!" and then goes offline.

KeRaSh

If memory serves it was something like Ben and Huber playing hearthstone and Huber getting pissed off at Ben who buys good decks/cards (I don't know how the game works) uttering the line ''Pay to win, must be nice.'' It's not in any video I think, just something that happened on their free time.

One Saturday night Ben was minding his own business, enjoying a glass of wine, when Huber asked him for a game of Hearthstone. Ben agreed and started to dismantle Huber with ease. Huber messages Ben "Pay to win. Must be nice!" and then goes offline.

Haha! thanks for clearing that up.

Damn this OT is moving fast and easy.
Can't wait for TTA's return!

tumblr_nvstdyzQOa1rdcoxlo3_250.gif
tumblr_nvstdyzQOa1rdcoxlo4_250.gif

I remember that. So funny. I'm glad the series returns so soon!

J-Skee

I believe during the a conversation about Mortal Kombat X in-game purchases as well. At least I think so.

Par Score

They should really add a $35,000 and even $40,000 stretch goal to keep the momentum going. Also, they should really update their Patreon page once a day with reactions/thoughts/ideas, etc., similar to a Kickstarter that keeps momentum and donations up.

But this isn't like a Kickstarter.

You can't have one blowout month where you pull out all the stops in an unsustainable attempt to milk every last dollar you can, you need a sustainable level of content output that you can maintain indefinitely.

It's pointless bloating out the number to $40k or whatever if it falls away to $20k after the initial hype dies down. They key with Patreons is not the initial burst, but in the steady, reliable income generated through consistent delivery.

I'm sure the guys can pull this off, not with gimmicks and empty promises, but by maintaining the same level of quality content that attracted the audience in the first place.

llehuty

I just finished the 1st ep of TTA - D&D.

Woah, this is more fun that I expected. I didn't know they could get into character this fast, it was really funny. And bless Elyse and her imagination with no boundaries.

I know I'm missing a bit with only the audio, but it's still enjoyable.

My body is ready! I'm really looking forward seeing Bloodworth in action, did he ever did one of the Fiasco episodes or something?

Where does the "Must be nice" reference come from? I have followed them for a while and never got it.

I think the "Must be nice" thing wouldn't be too distracting as long as the audio for it isn't too blown out and it was off in the corner like their "user just subscribed thing" is at the moment. But at the same time people have different opinions about that sort of thing. Hell id be fine with just having the huber animation show up without the audio I just think it's funny.

sora87

Woah, this is more fun that I expected. I didn't know they could get into character this fast, it was really funny. And bless Elyse and her imagination with no boundaries.

My body is ready! I'm really looking forward seeing Bloodworth in action, did he ever did one of the Fiasco episodes or something?

You're in for one hell of a ride. TTA is legit one of the best things I've ever watched, there are some bits that had me in tears laughing.

Blood never did anything with TTA no.

Burt

It really get amazing once you're a few episodes in and everyone's more comfortable with the rules.

Fuckin hell... $500 until 30k

I think it's happening today

Also what is the plan for the podcast in terms of thread? Are we gonna keep it in here? Or are we just gonna do like a PSILove You one where we have one thread for the podcasts? Since I don't think we need a new thread for every one like Giantbomb

Par Score

It really get amazing once you're a few episodes in and everyone's more comfortable with the rules.

MURDER!

Also what is the plan for the podcast in terms of thread? Are we gonna keep it in here? Or are we just gonna do like a PSILove You one where we have one thread for the podcasts? Since I don't think we need a new thread for every one like Giantbomb

We need a new thread for at least the first few.

So many people were saying they missed GT Time and were looking for a replacement, it's important they know that it's back (and that they can pony up some cash to keep it coming).

ito007

I think it'd be nice to have a separate thread for podcasts personally. At least to try out. Some of the most heated debates came from GT Time so it'd be nice to have aa separate thread just for that in case things get hasty.

Although having jolly shows extinguish the salt was good as well. Hmm...

Hasney

I don't think people read OPs anymore lol
they never did anyway

Da OP said:
EASY ALLIES PODCAST

Happening this very week! They'll be recorded Tuesdays, up on Patreon on Wednesday and up for everyone on YouTube and (hopefully) iTunes Friday.

Out of courtesy for non-pledgers, please keep all podcast discussion spoiler tagged if talking about it in this thread. Feel free to make a seperate thread for each podcast and we can discuss it there without the need to tag. I'll try and do it, but I'm British so timezones may not align and all that.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom