• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Going to bed again, so podcast should be up while I sleep. One more time, would be awesome if someone made a thread I think:

EASY ALLIES PODCAST

Happening this very week! They'll be recorded Tuesdays, up on Patreon on Wednesday and up for everyone on YouTube and (hopefully) iTunes Friday.

Out of courtesy for non-pledgers, please keep all podcast discussion spoiler tagged if talking about it in this thread. Feel free to make a seperate thread for each podcast and we can discuss it there without the need to tag. I'll try and do it, but I'm British so timezones may not align and all that.

wiibomb

How Brandon is going to be once that inevitably passes $30k

LKK5KdT.gif

this absolutely slays me..

did they really said that? also... Brad's expression: "dude.. no, shut up"

Yeah, I never catch his streams. Just too late for me. I just stick with his YouTube channel. Caught that Killer Instinct tournament though.
Dude. Just watched his latest stream. Dud just dropped a $150 donation for the Akira sounder, response and to send a message to Max.

EZA! You gotta get those donations up ASAP. The fanbase is so loyal and the crew has so many memes the money would pour in!

I never tire of how Brad handles and corals Huber. It's like how you'd deal with a hyper puppy. You can tell he's been interacting with him for years. :)

Hasney

Yeah, that was about the shirt sales being 84 in the first hour they were up. Then Brandon got up and asked "How many shirts?"
Ian: "I dunno, about 84"

Zn52GuS.gif

What are you going for? (Just out of interest.)

I'm not part of them, just relaying shit I hear on the streams. So far I've heard a $600 tripod and an actual sound mixer, so if they're getting a mixer, I'm assuming that means some mics since there's only one so far.

Zomba13

It's the worst. Like stream-ruining. So obnoxious.

It's part of the reason I stopped watching Max stream. It just becomes a constant stream of subscriber or donator shoutouts, both from Max and whoever else is there and the popup.

Like it's cool to see them getting a sub and getting money and cool to thank the person doing it, but it just gets so obnoxious.

I'm not part of them, just relaying shit I hear on the streams. So far I've heard a $600 tripod and an actual sound mixer, so if they're getting a mixer, I'm assuming that means some mics since there's only one so far.

Aha, fair. I'm interested in the tech side of that stuff, so it would be cool for them to get specific.

I never tire of how Brad handles and corals Huber. It's like how you'd deal with a hyper puppy. You can tell he's been interacting with him for years. :)

In the RE5 playthrough they did for that site *ahem*, within about 5 minutes you can hear the years of exasperation in Brad's voice.

timmyp53

Dude. Just watched his latest stream. Dud just dropped a $150 donation for the Akira sounder, response and to send a message to Max.

EZA! You gotta get those donations up ASAP. The fanbase is so loyal and the crew has so many memes the money would pour in!

6cH4GB3.png

It'll happen soon. Gotta establish the base first on Patreon.

Auctopus

One of the things I liked about GT streams was the simplicity and how it was about the personalities and the games.

I'd be so disappointed if it turned into reaction-baiting donations that pop up every 5 minutes or huge sound alerts when people subscribe that take up half the screen. Ew.

Hasney

One of the things I liked about GT streams was the simplicity and how it was about the personalities and the games.

I'd be so disappointed if it turned into reaction-baiting donations that pop up every 5 minutes or huge sound alerts when people subscribe that take up half the screen. Ew.

I think they've done it the best way with some small text in the bottom right of the screen. Keep it at that and we don't have a problem at least.

wiibomb

Yeah, that was about the shirt sales being 84 in the first hour they were up. Then Brandon got up and asked "How many shirts?"

Zn52GuS.gif

holy crap.. I totally believe he just had a heart attack with that.

can people be killed with sheer love? they are in danger if so :p

Zomba13

YOOOOOOOOOO FIVE BUCK FROM XX_420SEPHIROTH420_XX! THANKS DUDE!

$15 FROM ANIMEISREAL99 THANKS MAN!

*OBNOXIOUS SOUNDBITE-BITE-bite-bite...*
OH MY GOD THANKS TO HITLERDIDNOTHINGWRONG88 FOR THE $100 DONATION HE SAYS "HITLER WAS RIGHT AND I LOVE YOU GUYS"

Trying to find this, do you have a time stamp?

It's part of the reason I stopped watching Max stream. It just becomes a constant stream of subscriber or donator shoutouts, both from Max and whoever else is there and the popup.

Like it's cool to see them getting a sub and getting money and cool to thank the person doing it, but it just gets so obnoxious.
It's already started in the Twitch chat. Consistent stream of "OK GUYS I SUBBED. OK GUYS DID YOU GET MY SUB? JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER SHIRT. HEY GUYS I SUBSCRIBED DID YOU GET IT"

They need all the support they get right now but this weird culture where people pay solely for the acknowledgement sucks (especially when it interrupts the stream)

Best way to do donations is to set aside little chunks of time to thank groups at a time

Sub notifications are fine where they're at now though. Just definitely don't want the streams to become donation streams. It interrupts the conversations which are where the group shines in the first place

Im sure they can manage donations without doing that.

LycanXIII

I think the best thing to do would be to have donation and subscriber recognition at the end of the stream. It'd allow them to thank those that are giving more and let chat's ego grow without interrupting the flow of the stream.

timmyp53

It might be 90 days until they can.
I'm a bit confused about this. What are they changing it from? Was the channel name already taken?

Someone send a DM on Patreon or tweet to the crew. 3 months could hurt their YouTube viewerdhip/subscriptions

Hasney

I'm a bit confused about this. What are they changing it from? Was the channel name already taken?

Someone send a DM on Patreon or tweet to the crew. 3 months could hurt their YouTube viewerdhip/subscriptions

I just looked it up. I assume they've tried to change it already and been told they can't and if thsts the case, its because YouTube will need a 90 day wait until the next change. It's a display name so I don't think it matters if it's taken.

Mikey Jr.

Bosman: *Talking about Brad and Ian*
Blood: Are they in the bathroom together?
Bosman: Yup
Blood: Cooool!
Ben: Jolly coop indeed!

Hasney

Hasney gets no sleep because of this thread hahah.

If I went to sleep now, it would still be an early night! Which the only reason I need one is because I need to catch up on the last 2 nights sleeps...

Oh well, just gotta survive work tomorrow then 4 day weekend! And watching Damiano's 7.8 redemption stream.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Since Ive been able to put the stream recordings on in the background as I work, productivity has simultaneously increased and decreased 40%

timmyp53

I just looked it up. I assume they've tried to change it already and been told they can't and if thsts the case, its because YouTube will need a 90 day wait until the next change. It's a display name so I don't think it matters if it's taken.

Ive seen that on google channel faqs but I hope that's not the case. AFAIK channel naming is relatively instant so I'm confused about this...

Hasney gets no sleep because of this thread hahah.
Yeah the hype is real af

Im telling you guys, Silent GIF of Huber rubbing his hands together saying "Must be Nice" would be a great option for the whole subscriber thing. At least with it being silent it doesn't get grating. That's how it is for me on Max's streams I can only hear ultra combo and you got the touch so many times...

Hasney

Ive seen that on google channel faqs but I hope that's not the case. AFAIK channel naming is relatively instant so I'm confused about this...

Yeah, if it lets you change it, it's instant. If it doesn't, it shows you an error and it just won't go through. You then have to do it after the time has passed.

It's a bit overwhelming that there's 6 hours of streaming tonight AND the podcast drop for patrons.

Anyone know if patrons will get an early MP3 download for the podcast or is it just the video?

Hasney

It's a bit overwhelming that there's 6 hours of streaming tonight AND the podcast drop for patrons.

Anyone know if patrons will get an early MP3 download for the podcast or is it just the video?

Kyle said he's going to try and get audio up too, but video is the priority.

It seems like Dark Souls III will not only be the first official Easy Allies review, but it will (hopefully) hit embargo along with everyone else.

GET READY!!!

Hasney

Thanks to widely publicized methods, it seems like Dark Souls III will not only be the first official Easy Allies review, but it will (hopefully) hit embargo along with everyone else.

GET READY!!!

Hooray for fake living in Japan for seconds before downloading things!

Dark SOULS![/Ian voice]

Lexad

It seems like Dark Souls III will not only be the first official Easy Allies review, but it will (hopefully) hit embargo along with everyone else.

GET READY!!!

You guys should get some dark souls 3 statuette or cutout to be in the room with you guys just like lightning to commemorate what is sure to be something special moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom