• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

First of all, the best bite of pizza is not the tip, but the saucy bit right next to the crust. Even assuming that the tip would be the best part, it is the part of the pizza that cools off the fastest, and pizza is best served warm, so it makes the most sense to start off from the part that cools off first for maximum deliciousness. Not only that, but by eating the crust last, you are less likely to get messy fingers because things get really awkward when you try eating pizza according to the Remarkable Theorem, which is unmistakably the only right way to eat slices of pizza.

Your weekend analogy is also very flawed. Perhaps you've been taught that Sunday is the first day of the week in whatever ass-backwards place you come from, but in most of the world, and according to the International Organization for Standardization, the first day of the week is Monday. Sunday is literally part of the weekend, which I agree is the best part of the week.

Time to face the facts, Bosman: your way of eating pizza is disturbing, it's disgusting, and it's just plain wrong. I hope you take some time to think about this, and ultimately admit to yourself that there is only one correct way to eat pizza: crust last.

Fallacies are what i read here.
To start with, everybody knows that Sunday is a depressing day (unless it's Footbal season) because you know what follows is a Monday, the very worst day, Fridays and Saturdays are the best.

You are right, the very end of the pizza before the crust is where the topping magic is, that's why you is crazy to eat it for last, you basically are left with two options, you eat the top and all is left is the boring and almost tasteless crust as a final bite, or you eat the top part alongide the crust, therefore killing the magic that is in the top by also consuming the crust.

Reverse the pizza slice, eat the crust first, re-reverse the pizza to eat bottom to top and the world will be a better place.

To NeoGAF,
It has come to attention that many of you disagree with my process of consuming pizza, which is to say Crust First. I come here not to apologize, but to challenge my doubters. To understand my position, we must first all acknowledge that the best bite of pizza is the tip of the slice. It therefore stands to reason that this bite should be saved for last.
Think of the weekend. Everybody loves weekends. The strange thing about weekends is that only half of it is the weekend. Sunday is a week beginning, but we rarely think of it that way. After all, why would we start our week off with the best part? What would we have to look forward to?
I understand eating pizza Crust Last may be a more functional option for those with weak fingers, but to me it represents a bleak outlook on life. Crust Last is Weekend First, and I cannot sympathize with the cause.

I could not support Crust First, but I have always lived by the mantra of saving the best for last... I'm so conflicted now!

Bosman you have shattered my reality.

Permanently A

To NeoGAF,
It has come to attention that many of you disagree with my process of consuming pizza, which is to say Crust First. I come here not to apologize, but to challenge my doubters. To understand my position, we must first all acknowledge that the best bite of pizza is the tip of the slice. It therefore stands to reason that this bite should be saved for last.
Think of the weekend. Everybody loves weekends. The strange thing about weekends is that only half of it is the weekend. Sunday is a week beginning, but we rarely think of it that way. After all, why would we start our week off with the best part? What would we have to look forward to?
I understand eating pizza Crust Last may be a more functional option for those with weak fingers, but to me it represents a bleak outlook on life. Crust Last is Weekend First, and I cannot sympathize with the cause.

This is clearly a flawed philosophy on pizza consumption. I will agree that the tip of the slice is the quintessential pizza experience, however the idea of saving the tip for last is nothing short of ludicrous. It is common knowledge that the best pizza is the one fresh out of the oven, witch gooey cheese and melt in your mouth sauce. By leaving the tip exposed to harsh environmental effects, you are allowing the best aspect of the pizza to become defiled. The cooling effect of air on the tip ensures a significantly worse pizza tip experience. And this isn't even touching on the fact that handling the pizza from the tip end causes major cheese shifting and allows the natural fingertip oils to inseminate the tip, altering taste and texture for the worse.

By eating the crust first, you are committing pizza atrocities. Willingly allowing the magnanimous tip of the pizza to go cold and manhandling it while consuming the rest of the pizza is nothing short of monstrously uncivilized behavior.

McSpidey

What if eating the crust last is a way of showing humility and remembrance to the all hallowed tip? Eating the tip last angers the tip god for putting it on a pedestal.

Visceir

Dunno if people discussed it here but one of the announcements Brandon Jones made was that the retrospective was going to be one hour long episode about Deus Ex. Huber, Blood and Brad will help him out with it.

They want to get it out before Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Damiani's also streamed the first episode of Game Sleuth inbetween Ubi's and Sony's conference. The first episode was about
beating The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Running Man

Tankard

This is clearly a flawed philosophy on pizza consumption. I will agree that the tip of the slice is the quintessential pizza experience, however the idea of saving the tip for last is nothing short of ludicrous. It is common knowledge that the best pizza is the one fresh out of the oven, witch gooey cheese and melt in your mouth sauce. By leaving the tip exposed to harsh environmental effects, you are allowing the best aspect of the pizza to become defiled. The cooling effect of air on the tip ensures a significantly worse pizza tip experience. And this isn't even touching on the fact that handling the pizza from the tip end causes major cheese shifting and allows the natural fingertip oils to inseminate the tip, altering taste and texture for the worse.

By eating the crust first, you are committing pizza atrocities. Willingly allowing the magnanimous tip of the pizza to go cold and manhandling it while consuming the rest of the pizza is nothing short of monstrously uncivilized behavior.

What's wrong with cold pizza? Next morning pizza can be sometimes the best pizza experiences, it's so jolly to wake up and find out there's still pizza left, the cheeze pizzas are a difficult time for this though, cold cheese is complicated on top of a dough.

Permanently A

What if eating the crust last is a way of showing humility and remembrance to the all hallowed tip? Eating the tip last angers the tip god for putting it on a pedestal.

Do not listen to these wicked words. It is a trap set by the Crustaceans, who seek to weaken our glorious tip god by instilling doubt in his supporters.

Dormire prius, crusta maxime. Tip first, crust worst!

To NeoGAF,
While I appreciate that logically this opinion is true, my gut reaction is that this is a practice that I can never condone.

Sorry Bosman, #teamcrustlast all the way.

Gandour

Neo Member
To NeoGAF,

Wat? In what multiverse is sunday better than saturday?

FZZ

Banned
To NeoGAF,

Yo I met you at E3 two years ago, just said hi while you were walking out of the convention center. Just wanted to say thank you for all the great content man and I too eat pizza crust first.

Tsosie

I am now more positive than ever that Liquid Bosman was the actual survivor. Little hints, like backword pizza eating, Mr. Mime dances during E3 coverage, thinking Sunday is the best day of the week. The desk of prophecy never lies. The Kyle we all knew and loved is gone, and I believe he has been gone for far longer than any of us want to admit.

J-Skee

This is going to sound crazy, but bear with me. Brad got me thinking: what if I am Setsuna is a test bed for Square to do a remake/remaster or even a sequel to Chrono Trigger? What if they're watching the sales for this title to see if there's interest in such a thing? I've only been mildly interested in I am Setsuna until Brad's impressions of the game sent my hype level through the roof. And now these crazy thoughts run through my mind.

Tsosie

This is going to sound crazy, but bear with me. Brad got me thinking: what if I am Setsuna is a test bed for Square to do a remake/remaster or even a sequel to Chrono Trigger? What if they're watching the sales for this title to see if there's interest in such a thing? I've only been mildly interested in I am Setsuna until Brad's impressions of the game sent my hype level through the roof. And now these crazy thoughts run through my mind.

I think that is possible. It seems like I am Setsuna is just the first of many classic style RPGs that we are going to get from them. I mean the developers name is Tokyo RPG Factory, like seriously, how much more on the nose can the name be.

wiibomb

To NeoGAF,

I... I can't...

Bosman, I always presumed to be the #1 fan of you in my entire country, but this is too much, TOO MUCH, SIR

The amount of repulsive disgust I feel can only be compared to those who think a weekend is a weekbeginning.

I trusted you bosman, on being my hero, but I see... this is where the cookie bumbles

Kind of surprised Square Enix didn't have another press conference this year. They would have had way more content than Bethesda did this year. They just needed to present it better and tone down the amount of Japanese speakers (needing a translator for half the games killed the pace).

ChrisD

Funny you should mention it: I know a guy from Italy and his preferred way to eat pizza is to get a thin-crust pizza, ask them not to slice it, then when the pizza arrives he folds the whole thing up and eats it like a sandwich.

I'm doing this and crust first the next time I eat pizza.

Then I'll do them both with a fork.

Expand the horizons.

J-Skee

I think that is possible. It seems like I am Setsuna is just the first of many classic style RPGs that we are going to get from them. I mean the developers name is Tokyo RPG Factory, like seriously, how much more on the nose can the name be.

That's what I'm saying!!

I'm currently replaying Brave Fencer Musashi & I would love nothing more than a proper sequel or a spiritual successor. Please everyone, if I am Setsuna is any good & you are a JRPG fan, run, don't walk, to buy this game. Dreams may be on the horizon for your good deed.

brawly

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.

Quick dirty gif:

XB82-F.gif

Ruruja

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.

Yeah it was a little small, but you could still see what was going on and let's face it - we were watching because of the personalities and their reactions. I figured I'd just watch the trailers on their own in HD later on anyways.

Your mockup is better though.

Tsosie

The most important part is that they did not know they were allowed to stream the press conference at a larger size. There has been a lot of debate with pros and cons for both sides throughout the show. But for this set of conferences there was defiantly no time to try to create a different set up.

brawly

Yeah it was a little small, but you could still see what was going on and let's face it - we were watching because of the personalities and their reactions. I figured I'd just watch the trailers on their own in HD later on anyways.

Your mockup is better though.

For me it was definitely too small for Sony. That's why I watched it afterwards, not live. Obviously you're never gonna get crisp quality with a stream in the first place but I think there can be a good middle ground.

The most important part is that they did not know they were allowed to stream the press conference at a larger size. There has been a lot of debate with pros and cons for both sides throughout the show. But for this set of conferences there was defiantly no time to try to create a different set up.

Oh I didn't know this. Makes sense then. Hopefully it'll be possible next time.

Auctopus

To NeoGAF,

Shitposting is a bannable offense, Bosman. You better straighten up.

padopodo

Unfortunately, you've chosen to neglect the Bay-Winkler Satiation Principle in your strategy, which states:

When fulfilling a physical need, both the enjoyment and benefit derived from each action beyond the first diminishes at an exponential rate

Ergo, by saving the tip for the za for the last bite, you cause yourself to derive minimum happiness per slice of za by eating the best piece of the za at the worst possible time, and the worst piece of your za as the bite that you most enjoy.

I would actually think that getting the worst over with first and saving the best for last would balance out the curve of the meal. It's all about the consistency.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What about eating pizza with knife & fork?

This is even worse than what Kyle said. Don't let Off-Topic hear you, or they are going for your throat.

It is a crime punishable by death.

UrbanRats

This is even worse than what Kyle said. Don't let Off-Topic hear you, or they are going for your throat.

It is a crime punishable by death.

I don't actually do it myself tho.
Infact, i cut pizza with scissors, even.

Anyway, as an Italian i feel like i can say that the officially sanctioned way to eat pizza is:
  • Start from tip of the slice-- leave crust for last (but don't eat it right away!)
  • Leave all the crust on the plate 'till the end.
  • Proceed to feed crust to dog.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Incredible. LOL

Quick dirty gif:

XB82-F.gif

I also don't know if they can do this with the program they use, XSPLIT.

luchadork

For me it was definitely too small for Sony. That's why I watched it afterwards, not live. Obviously you're never gonna get crisp quality with a stream in the first place but I think there can be a good middle ground.

Oh I didn't know this. Makes sense then. Hopefully it'll be possible next time.

just a protip, set the eza twitch stream quality to low. then open up a new youtube tab with the conference in it. then you can sync up the audio with the playback setting. eg if the sony conference audio is ahead of the eza stream, set the playback speed to 0.5. if its behind, set it to 1.5. then back to 1 after a second or so. took me about 10 seconds to get the audio synced for all the conferences. which meant i could watch sony full screen at the time and had the eza audio in the background. but later on i could rewatch it with their big old faces taking up the entire screen.

its tricky cause at the time, you want to watch the conferences as big as possible. but afterwards, you want eza's faces as big as possible. i mean, their streams are 'reaction' streams, so you want them as big as possible.

Hey, I'm backing up bosman with this one. You always save the best for last, that's the enjoyment of eating something. But if we're going to really argue about this? Why don't we party cut the goddamn thing?

As great as the EZA coverage was overall for E3, it did seem to lack much talk of Strategy and 4X games. Don't think I heard them talk about Civ VI at all which is coming out in a couple months. No review for Total War Warhammer or even any impressions.

Maybe no one on EZA is very big on PC strategy games, but this would be something to consider adding.

As great as the EZA coverage was overall for E3, it did seem to lack much talk of Strategy and 4X games. Don't think I heard them talk about Civ VI at all which is coming out in a couple months. No review for Total War Warhammer or even any impressions.

Maybe no one on EZA is very big on PC strategy games, but this would be something to consider adding.

Ben did a preview of CiV VI a few weeks back. Ian is probably just super busy and the rest don't care too much. I'd imagine they have their hands more than full with reviews.

Yea I saw a tweet from Ben about Civ vi during E3 about how he was going to lose days to that game. I figure he got a preview but didn't bring it up during the recaps. Also Ian is a big fan of Civ games.

Tsosie

Yea I saw a tweet from Ben about Civ vi during E3 about how he was going to lose days to that game. I figure he got a preview but didn't bring it up during the recaps. Also Ian is a big fan of Civ games.

At the end of the day 3 stream it was clear that Ben still had a large list of games that were not discussed. Most likely some of these strategyears games were on that list.

Quick dirty gif:

no, i think the format (and last year's) is perfect. no wasted screen space and we can see the Allies clearly.

Visceir

Well, there's this: Civilization VI Preview - First Hands-On

I think the E3 demo was the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom