• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadiboy

Wow...all of this E3 coverage has been on another level. The streams were amazing, the E3 specials of each show were even more amazing. I wonder if Don's show or Bosman at Home will have E3 specials? Though I guess it wouldn't be Bosman at Home if he's at E3...

Sounds like a plan! I knew who Bosman was prior to this but never actually checked out any of his stuff. Are the other guys from GT as well?

Yep, every one. Brandon Jones (the with the sultry voice) is the guy that founded GT back in 2002.

Also, it seems people are still bulling Ben about his love for Persona and his impressions of FFXV at E3, going by his recent Twitter posts. 😞

Kneefoil

This is going to sound crazy, but bear with me. Brad got me thinking: what if I am Setsuna is a test bed for Square to do a remake/remaster or even a sequel to Chrono Trigger? What if they're watching the sales for this title to see if there's interest in such a thing? I've only been mildly interested in I am Setsuna until Brad's impressions of the game sent my hype level through the roof. And now these crazy thoughts run through my mind.

Not going to get my hopes up for anything Chrono. I find it a lot more likely that it's just another Bravely Default situation where they're doing an RPG in the vein of a classic Square game, and they're hoping it'll be successful enough for it to become its own game series.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just watching Ian's E3 Update thingy with him and his camera ghost, this is incredible.

Ian you're incredible! <3

dickroach

865Oo1E.png

Mista Koo

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.
Agreed, that's why I watched Giantbomb's live and then watches EZA's.

I watched EZA's Sony conference stream on my comp.
I watched Sony's stream through youtube on my tv. I sync'ed them had a great E3 experience.
Hope the guys keep their coverage as is. It was perfect.
Also hope they keep that 2nd cam on the corner for the EZA guys who were not on the main desk.

Wiggy

I went multi screen too, the sync up is really easy as you can pause the youtube stream-took seconds. So i say big allies little conference is definately the way to go.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just ploughing through their E3 recaps, Brandon talking about Ghost Recon made me super relieved.

The gameplay demo at the Ubi show as pretty iffy, but the things Brandon described were exactly what I needed to hear.

Karu

Also, it seems people are still bulling Ben about his love for Persona and his impressions of FFXV at E3, going by his recent Twitter posts. &#128542;
Such petty little idiots. Stuff like that makes me rage. Its probably hard, depending on who you are, but I sincerely hope he doesn't let it get to him to a degree where he feels he cant say certain stuff...

A_Dang

To NeoGAF,
It has come to attention that many of you disagree with my process of consuming pizza, which is to say Crust First. I come here not to apologize, but to challenge my doubters. To understand my position, we must first all acknowledge that the best bite of pizza is the tip of the slice. It therefore stands to reason that this bite should be saved for last.
Think of the weekend. Everybody loves weekends. The strange thing about weekends is that only half of it is the weekend. Sunday is a week beginning, but we rarely think of it that way. After all, why would we start our week off with the best part? What would we have to look forward to?
I understand eating pizza Crust Last may be a more functional option for those with weak fingers, but to me it represents a bleak outlook on life. Crust Last is Weekend First, and I cannot sympathize with the cause.

Kyle,

I feel that I must comment as one of the first, if not the first, voices to cry out in regards to your "crimes" against pizza.

These past few days in this thread have been a dark and troublesome time for all of us. People felt that trust had been broken. Some even considered dropping their pledges for EZA, a policy I never, and would never endorse. The rhetoric has become more and more vitriolic.

I am sorry. This is not the future I envisioned. We can, and we must do better.

I commend you on having a well reasoned argument. I understand perspective, I can even see the logic in it. When eating pizza I too strive to save the best for last. For me this means saving the border where crust and toppings meet for last. An exceptional pizza will have a narrow enough crust to allow this border area to be consumed with the crust, in the case of an extra thick crust you may need to dip it in bleu cheese dressing.

Our goals are the same. I too believe that living "Weekend First" is unconscionable and we both desire to more fully enjoy our pizza. What that looks like and how we walk out that desire may be different.

Yet, in spite of our differences, let us stand united. Pizza is a wondrous, majestic, even magical food. A food that represents the unity we can strive for in its mixing of ingredients. Pizza is a melting pot of disparate ingredients that join together to make an even better whole. Let us emulate pizza. Let us, celebrating our differences, join together for the common goal of enjoying our pizza to the best of our abilities.

Hasney

Such petty little idiots. Stuff like that makes me rage. Its probably hard, depending on who you are, but I sincerely hope he doesn't let it get to him to a degree where he feels he cant say certain stuff...

Final Fantasy fanboys are the worst. We're all really sorry there hasn't been a good Final Fantasy game in an entire generation and impressions on this one aren't amazing (From a lot of people, not just Ben even though some people liked it too) but attacking people over opinions isn't going to change that.

I hope it doesn't suck and I feel I will enjoy it based on what I've played and the story concept (and no Vanille voice acting) to the point where I have a pre-order on it. But let's get real; Final Fantasy has been in a pit while Persona has been on the rise. Just deal with it.

I don't even need FFXV to be great. I'm just hoping for pretty good and on the way to getting this franchise back on track

And it's 3 months away. *Fingers crossed*

Hasney

I don't even need FFXV to be great. I'm just hoping for pretty good and on the way to getting this franchise back on track

Yup, I think even if it's mostly average with some great moments it'll be good enough for me. Hell, I really enjoyed Type-0.

The thing I'm looking for them to do most is to nail the sense of a world to explore. That's probably the biggest design and technological obstacle they've got to overcome, that can then carry forward in the series. Stuff like the battle system, story and characters is something that changes from game to game anyway.

So looking to see how E3 was for them on the patron front. During E3 week they gained

New Patrons:124 - their highest total yet.
New contributions: - $1137.70

About to get back to $40k again and this time in a more substainable manner (without the huge $900 bump by one very generous patron)

Plus their YT subscribers jumped by about 10K in the last week.

So looking to see how E3 was for them on the patron front. During E3 week they gained

New Patrons:124 - their highest total yet.
New contributions: - $1137.70

About to get back to $40k again and this time in a more substainable manner (without the huge $900 bump by one very generous patron)

Plus their YT subscribers jumped by about 10K in the last week.

50k goal hit before next E3. Believe.

Final Fantasy fanboys are the worst. We're all really sorry there hasn't been a good Final Fantasy game in an entire generation and impressions on this one aren't amazing (From a lot of people, not just Ben even though some people liked it too) but attacking people over opinions isn't going to change that.

I hope it doesn't suck and I feel I will enjoy it based on what I've played and the story concept (and no Vanille voice acting) to the point where I have a pre-order on it. But let's get real; Final Fantasy has been in a pit while Persona has been on the rise. Just deal with it.
It's not even Final Fantasy fanboys really. Ben is a Final Fantasy fanboy (given his purchase of the special edition thing). Hell, I'm a fanboy.

The problem is FFXV fanboys. The defense force on that game, considering that it's not even out yet, is just legendary.

To NeoGAF,
It has come to attention that many of you disagree with my process of consuming pizza, which is to say Crust First. I come here not to apologize, but to challenge my doubters. To understand my position, we must first all acknowledge that the best bite of pizza is the tip of the slice. It therefore stands to reason that this bite should be saved for last.
Think of the weekend. Everybody loves weekends. The strange thing about weekends is that only half of it is the weekend. Sunday is a week beginning, but we rarely think of it that way. After all, why would we start our week off with the best part? What would we have to look forward to?
I understand eating pizza Crust Last may be a more functional option for those with weak fingers, but to me it represents a bleak outlook on life. Crust Last is Weekend First, and I cannot sympathize with the cause.

Nailed it!

Crust first is the best way to consume pizza.

Well, pizza in bin is the best way to consume pizza, but if I have to eat one, you better be damn sure that crust is going first!

Dmax3901

To NeoGAF,

Out of respect for your profession I'm going to try this next time I get pizza. Although I'm not sure how I'm supposed to explain myself if someones asks me what in the hell I'm doing.

"Oh yeah you know youtube? Yeah there's a guy on there who talks about video games and... well you know Sunday right? That's the start of the week right but we never think of it that way..."

Disaster.

Burt

Not gonna lie, every time I hop on GAF and see a thread that says "Breath of..." I get my hopes, and then I read the rest of the title and see that it isn't "Fire" and get disappointed, and then I remember what they're doing with Breath of Fire VI and feel even worse.

llehuty

The E3 coverage has been SO GOOOOD. To think that some months ago I thought we will never seen them together with their antics (particularly, during E3).

Top to bottom, every minute of stream and shows has been amazing this last week. (Amazinger than their regulat schedule, even). Everything was just so jolly.

I decided to up my pledge permanently 1$, because they deserve that and more, and looking forward to up more my pledge as time goes on. So happy of being able to contribute to Easy Allies and here hoping that they can grow even more.

The E3 coverage has been SO GOOOOD. To think that some months ago I thought we will never seen them together with their antics (particularly, during E3).

Top to bottom, every minute of stream and shows has been amazing this last week. (Amazinger than their regulat schedule, even). Everything was just so jolly.

I decided to up my pledge permanently 1$, because they deserve that and more, and looking forward to up more my pledge as time goes on. So happy of being able to contribute to Easy Allies and here hoping that they can grow even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom