• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.

Quick dirty gif:

XB82-F.gif

Don't agree.

Going back to your video months later would be terrible. Just this huge video taking up 50% of the screen that I don't care about at this point.

I thought this year was perfect. If anything, I would make the picture of the background guys bigger if anything.

But yeah, this years format was perfect. Please don't change anything guys!

I had the Allies in one browser window and watched the conferences on youtube in another. I just had to get the audio in sync then I was golden, so the way they had the stream was perfect for me.

LycanXIII

I'm curious, did anyone else think the conference video was way too small? Surely, right? I know it's their first one under EZA but I think something akin to Giantbomb would be much better.

Quick dirty gif:

XB82-F.gif

Solution for next year: Green Screen background. Play the conferences behind them.

fastmower

Don't agree.

Going back to your video months later would be terrible. Just this huge video taking up 50% of the screen that I don't care about at this point.

I thought this year was perfect. If anything, I would make the picture of the background guys bigger if anything.

Exactly

kenta

Has no PEINS
Did they say where Ian disappeared to for the last couple nights? Really missing him :/ Hope he's not bummed by Wrong Opinions on the Internet

Did they say where Ian disappeared to for the last couple nights? Really missing him :/ Hope he's not bummed by Wrong Opinions on the Internet
My guess was his other jobs. From what's been said puts in a lot of hours on various gigs. He was able to spend one day at the E3 floor get footage for his show, and that was about it (and all the PCs)

I liked the conference format. If you want to watch the conferences, there are streams for you. I want to see the EZA's reactions and first thoughts.

My only suggestion is to have a plan on what games will be discussed each day. I watched all of the coverage but It would have been nice which days games were being discussed so I could make the decision to join the chat and watch live.

Besides that, loved the coverage. Everyone did a great job. Loved the ramen, huber's yakuza, and batman VR discussion. It is great to watch a stream about positivity and hype. Makes you remember that games are fun and awesome. Keep up the great work.

Tsosie

My guess was his other jobs. From what's been said puts in a lot of hours on various gigs. He was able to spend one day at the E3 floor get footage for his show, and that was about it (and all the PCs)

Speaking of Ian, we should be getting E3asy Update in less than 2 hours.

luchadork

It certainly looks way cleaner IMO.
There's room for a middle ground here certainly.

ideally theyd twitch stream a feed with bigger conference/smaller crew. then upload to youtube an archive with smaller conference/bigger crew.

(or even better, have like, an option to choose which feed you want at the current time. sort of like ufc do with their fights and you can pick which camera to watch.)

Portugeezer

I always thought the reason to watch conferences with other people on screen (e.g. GiantBomb) was to feel like you are experiencing it with them, not solely for the reactions. So I personally prefer the minimalistic approach and showing as much of the conference as possible.

I would have watched live on EZA and enjoyed watching it all unfold, but I just felt that conference part was too small given the overall stream video quality.

On another note, this weeks Huber Syndrome was great. Huber in his natural territory.

brawly

just a protip, set the eza twitch stream quality to low. then open up a new youtube tab with the conference in it. then you can sync up the audio with the playback setting. eg if the sony conference audio is ahead of the eza stream, set the playback speed to 0.5. if its behind, set it to 1.5. then back to 1 after a second or so. took me about 10 seconds to get the audio synced for all the conferences. which meant i could watch sony full screen at the time and had the eza audio in the background. but later on i could rewatch it with their big old faces taking up the entire screen.

its tricky cause at the time, you want to watch the conferences as big as possible. but afterwards, you want eza's faces as big as possible. i mean, their streams are 'reaction' streams, so you want them as big as possible.

Argh, should've known this earlier. I did try to play them side by side but as you said they were out of sync.

Don't agree.

This is a good point tbf.

luchadork

Argh, should've known this earlier. I did try to play them side by side but as you said they were out of sync.

This is a good point tbf.

maybe next year they can do a quick 'guide to watch e3' video with instructions on how to sync the videos up. i had the same issue as you until someone in chat mentioned the playback speed thing. i think if more people knew about this little trick we'd all be happy.

Karu

Just for preservation's sake: I can watch Trailers all day, all week, all year long aferwards. Not so with reactions. So... Big team screen, small conference screen for me.

Just for preservation's sake: I can watch Trailers all day, all week, all year long aferwards. Not so with reactions. So... Big team screen, small conference screen for me.

Personally I'd rather sync up the full conference on my own second screen than have it fit on a large part of any stream I'm watching.

Exactly. I've said this before, but those who want EZA to be bigger on stream don't have a choice. The rest who want big conferences? They can open up another window or deal with the smaller conference size like I did because I know that if I want a bigger window later, I can watch the stream without them in it. Not the other way around.

Count me down as being a fan of "big people" for the streams. It makes watching the highlights and everything much better later on. Also, just open up another window with the press conference larger and that should satisfy everyone who wants to see the conference.

Honestly, what they had this year was basically ideal in my opinion. Maybe slightly larger Damiani/rest of crew screen? But, I was extremely happy with basically everyway EZA did E3 this year as a whole. So, so happy I can support these guys.

ito007

I don't know how many of you guys do this but I personally watched all the conferences by myself with no reaction feeds to keep them as pure as possible, then immediately switched to the EZA impressions right after. I would watch their complete reactions feed however if I just missed the conference completely.

I guess what I think about when it comes to the "big people vs big show" discussion is just what's going on screen. I like seeing their reactions, but I feel like hearing them was doing a lot of the legwork than seeing their faces anyways. For that reason I'd think going "small people" is better. I would like to say though that I loved the format this year, so I wouldn't mind if it was just kept the same personally.

I tried watching both the conference and the EZA reactions at the same time but thr EZA streams are like 10 seconds slower and its jarring. So in the end I had to pick one or the other.

I am so glad I went with the EZA stream for the Sony press conference to say the least. Wish their video of it was bigger though.

I don't know how many of you guys do this but I personally watched all the conferences by myself with no reaction feeds to keep them as pure as possible, then immediately switched to the EZA impressions right after. I would watch their complete reactions feed however if I just missed the conference completely.

I guess what I think about when it comes to the "big people vs big show" discussion is just what's going on screen. I like seeing their reactions, but I feel like hearing them was doing a lot of the legwork than seeing their faces anyways. For that reason I'd think going "small people" is better. I would like to say though that I loved the format this year, so I wouldn't mind if it was just kept the same personally.

Depends on the conference. I was tempted to just go no reaction feed for Sony's (although it ended up being great listening to EZA), but most of them are so boring and shitty that I need the reaction feeds to keep them mildly interesting.

jbluzb

The EZA cast being bigger is much better. As other allies, I can open another window if I want a bigger conference.

Their setup format is great. Hope it continues.

I follow farfromsubtle, a green screen would also work well.

SeanTSC

To NeoGAF,
It has come to attention that many of you disagree with my process of consuming pizza, which is to say Crust First. I come here not to apologize, but to challenge my doubters. To understand my position, we must first all acknowledge that the best bite of pizza is the tip of the slice. It therefore stands to reason that this bite should be saved for last.
Think of the weekend. Everybody loves weekends. The strange thing about weekends is that only half of it is the weekend. Sunday is a week beginning, but we rarely think of it that way. After all, why would we start our week off with the best part? What would we have to look forward to?
I understand eating pizza Crust Last may be a more functional option for those with weak fingers, but to me it represents a bleak outlook on life. Crust Last is Weekend First, and I cannot sympathize with the cause.

Hates ALTTP. Eats pizza crust first.

skYOFwB.gif

Gun Animal

the best part of the pizza is either the crispiest part of the pie (the toppings at the edge of the crust) or the crust itself, depening on whether or not you've got some sauce to dip it into. The tip is the second (or third) best part, with the worst being the space inbetween the tip and the crispier outer rim of toppings. In other words:

SUNDAY: Inner Rim (the tip)
MONDAY~THURSDAY: Middle-Rim (trash tier pizza territory)
FRIDAY: the Crispy Outer Rim (COR)
SATURDAY: The Crust, paired with a warm garlic sauce or equivalent.

I categorically oppose Mr. Bosman's Pizza argument.

barybll

Banned
I watched the entire sony conference through the easy allies stream
It felt great, will definitely do it again, I love these guys, seeing their enthusiasm for games made me lose a lot of my jadedness towards the industry that I built over these years.

El-Suave

The EZA screen setup was perfect for the personality driven content they do. Most people who are into this reaction type video know the content they're going to talk about so it doesn't make sense to give it too much screen space. The number of people watching this stuff after the fact and coupled with other videos on the same topic dwarfs the number of people who are watching to see the actual conference or game. Plus it can get downright boring when the stuff you're talking about is a snorefest visually or EA decides to show the same trailer for the umpteenth time at an event. I also like the prominence of the logo in the background for now, that's important for a company that's still making a name for itself.

Edit: when there's an important bet to settle down the road the stakes for Kyle could be that he only gets pizza crust when they order some pizzas for a group stream and he has to consume it on camera and say how yummy it is multiple times. #nothingbutcrust

Found these guys on Youtube when looking around for conference reactions and fell in love with them almost immediately. Some of the most seemingly genuine people I've come across in games journalism. I really appreciate how unbiased and open-minded they are, even if they weren't generally interested in what was being shown. It made for some really awesome reactions (that Huber guy was killing me when he would start clutching at anyone near him when he got excited haha).

Definitely going to be following Easy Allies in the future! :D

I had the Allies in one browser window and watched the conferences on youtube in another. I just had to get the audio in sync then I was golden, so the way they had the stream was perfect for me.

I did the same thing. Syncing the audio by pausing the direct stream and occasionally reloading worked, I was happy enough.

Btw sorry to ask again, but does anyone have twitch vods or know the videos for Brandon's work for IGN and gamespot? He mentioned it again in their day 3 video today so I've been wanting to see it.

Found these guys on Youtube when looking around for conference reactions and fell in love with them almost immediately. Some of the most seemingly genuine people I've come across in games journalism. I really appreciate how unbiased and open-minded they are, even if they weren't generally interested in what was being shown. It made for some really awesome reactions (that Huber guy was killing me when he would start clutching at anyone near him when he got excited haha).

Definitely going to be following Easy Allies in the future! :D

Welcome aboard, bro! You have a wealth of content in your backlog to catch up on, including the entirety of the Gametrailer's archives. :p

If anything I felt the conference screen was way to big. I mean, most people have the full screen conference in another tab (or second screen) but I feel like there should be a conference window with them but it does not need to be the focus, I'm in for the reactions. Just my opinion.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Back in the pre-e3 episode of frame trap, Ben had everyone play an e3 bets game where the "consequence" of losing for each of the participants was them having to play a bit of a good game Ben wanted for them to try.

Did the results of that ever get resolved anywhere or was it forgotten? No mention of it in the shortened e3 frame trap episode.

kenta

Has no PEINS
James Willems looks straight up like the dude on Mad TV who played Stewart. It's freakin uncanny

Loved this Easy Update, just like I love all "walk around the show floor and be kooky for a while" episodes of any show ever

ranmafan

Been slowly catching up with the videos this weekend, and I gotta say, Ive been huge fans of easy allies all the way back to their GT days, and they still got it! I love listening to their impressions about everything. All their videos and podcasts have been so enjoyable. To me, they are the best gaming commentators going right now! No one else is even close in my opinion. I just love their energy, excitement, and love of gaming and all. Going have fun watching everything this weekend that I haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom