• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

30k HYPE
giphy.gif

timmyp53

#WeGonnaBeAlright

Ian said in the rpg maker stream a couple minutes ago that they didn't think they would get anywhere this amount of support. They were saying to each other man.: "If they could get 10,000 dollars that would be amazing."

StudioDreams.jpg bois lets keep the support coming in!

Edit: beaten.

VanWinkle

I think they might be the highest Patreon right now....

Isn't Kinda Funny Games a lot higher? I don't know since I have looked at it in awhile but I thought it was.

Edit: I guess they have two Patreon campaigns with one $22k and one $37k.

But yeah, this is extremely impressive!

Heartfyre

Congratulations! Sunlight will be but a memory to you when you're working on the eighth episode of the Dragon Quest Retrospective.

I think they might be the highest Patreon right now....

No, Kinda Funny still has $37k from one of their patreons. Hugely successful, though!

Lexad

Nah but last update on graphtreon:

AVG SUPPORT PER PATRON
$8.83 per month.

Thats the highest avg for similar content.

Need some sponsorships now son.

They are 20th overall.

They have have half as many patrons as one of Kinda funny patreons and have 7000 less. .

It is insane

timmyp53

Isn't Kinda Funny Games a lot higher? I don't know since I have looked at it in awhile but I thought it was.

Edit: I guess they have two Patreon campaigns with one $22k and one $37k.

But yeah, this is extremely impressive!

Of course the patreon with "love and sex stuff" is the 37k one lol.

It's not a competition though. Love both these guys. I go to KindaFunnyGames for PSiloveyou and exGT/EZA for their great crew and chemistry.

I'm proud of both these guys. Especially EZA though!! =)

Mikey Jr.

Ohh, your right. But shit, they are in like the top 5 though.

But yeah, they probably never expected this in their wildest dreams.

Hopefully once they get content out, they can start getting more Patrons. Only worried that the avg. per Patron is so high.

But yeah, crazy how they have not a lot of content, and they gathered this much. Thats how much the fanbase loved them. Gametrailers feels like an albatross now.

jbluzb

Ohh, your right. But shit, they are in like the top 5 though.

But yeah, they probably never expected this in their wildest dreams.

Hopefully once they get content out, they can start getting more Patrons. Only worried that the avg. per Patron is so high.

But yeah, crazy how they have not a lot of content, and they gathered this much. Thats how much the fanbase loved them. Gametrailers feels like an albatross now.

I read something is this thread that the EZA crew audience skew to the 25++ age bracket thus higher disposable income~ higher avg patreon.

Wiggy

Nah but last update on graphtreon:

AVG SUPPORT PER PATRON
$8.83 per month.

Thats the highest avg for similar content.

Need some sponsorships now son.

Anyone else think this might be a problem long term? :/

It might not be sustainable for a lot of people.

Maybe they should do a monthly exclusive pod/show at the $1 dollar tier like Kinda Funny to boost there patron numbers so they arent relying on too few amount of people. Just a thought, I might be worrying about nothing..

edit: haha yeah guess im not the only one

James93

Maybe they should do a monthly exclusive pod/show at the $1 dollar tier like Kinda Funny to boost there patron numbers so they arent relying on too few amount of people. Just a thought, I might be worrying about nothing..

It depends on their demo. If as another poster said its more 25+, 8 bucks a month isn't much for a person with a steady job.

BrunoM

This is my first patreon and I do agree with you I will keep it but let's see how life goes ..

I think having something at 1 or 2 dollars would be a great idea so the numbers do go up ..

Plus now it's time to use these number to see what they can bring in bigger sponsors

Heartfyre

Isn't that already the case? The $1-tier already gives access to all the Patreon-exclusive shows, the only one that we know of being "Cup of Jones". The description does use shows in the plural, so I guess there might be more? The rest of the tiers only give early access besides the Q&A one.

Wiggy

It depends on their demo. If as another poster said its more 25+, 8 bucks a month isn't much for a person with a steady job.

Yeah maybe you're right, i'm just worrying after the excitement and HuberHype dies down people might rather keep there 10 bucks a month and just watch for free.

This is my first patreon and I do agree with you I will keep it but let's see how life goes ..

I think having something at 1 or 2 dollars would be a great idea so the numbers do go up ..

Plus now it's time to use these number to see what they can bring in bigger sponsors

Yeah hopefully when the shows/pods/reviews start to go out they will help drive up patrons too

Isn't that already the case? The $1-tier already gives access to all the Patreon-exclusive shows, the only one that we know of being "Cup of Jones". The description does use shows in the plural, so I guess there might be more? The rest of the tiers only give early access besides the Q&A one.

Oh yeah you're right I forgot about that, but I was thinking more of an exclusive ep of the main podcast as that is what Kinda Funny does with their patreon $1 dollar tier.

No. I've budgeted for this. I cancelled another twitch stream and reduced my Hulu Plus sub. I think people supporting EZA are here for the long haul and know that if they want EZA to exist they've gotta make it happen.

jbluzb

I included EZA as part of my monthly budget. I unsubscribe my new york times subscription to support EZA on patreon. for the long haul.

James93

Yeah maybe you're right, i'm just worrying after the excitement and HuberHype dies down people might rather keep there 10 bucks a month.

Depends on the content. If they can keep up what they did with GT, they will be fine.

They have a pretty loyal fanbase must like giantbomb

Lexad

No. I've budgeted for this. I cancelled another twitch stream and reduced my Hulu Plus sub. I think people supporting EZA are here for the long haul and know that if they want EZA to exist they've gotta make it happen.

I canceled Hulu so for me it is an extra 12-13 a month on top of the 12 I was already paying. Not a big deal for me personally.

YOOOOOOOOOO FIVE BUCK FROM XX_420SEPHIROTH420_XX! THANKS DUDE!

$15 FROM ANIMEISREAL99 THANKS MAN!

*OBNOXIOUS SOUNDBITE-BITE-bite-bite...*
OH MY GOD THANKS TO HITLERDIDNOTHINGWRONG88 FOR THE $100 DONATION HE SAYS "HITLER WAS RIGHT AND I LOVE YOU GUYS"

Give subscription and donation shoutouts at the end of the stream like KindaFunny does it. Right now its really annoying when everything gets interrupted.

I think the guys at Kinda Funny manage it absolutely perfectly. Copy them please. Unashamedly.

Graphics are fine.

Spelling could use some work, if I'm being honest.

/dead

Wiggy

I included EZA as part of my monthly budget. I unsubscribe my new york times subscription to support EZA on patreon. for the long haul.

Depends on the content. If they can keep up what they did with GT, they will be fine.

They have a pretty loyal fanbase must like giantbomb

I canceled Hulu so for me it is an extra 12-13 a month on top of the 12 I was already paying. Not a big deal for me personally.

This is all reassuring to hear, sorry for being a debbie downer everyone

crash-14

I really want them to reach the studio goal

They have a chance, but I'll depends how this adventure could attract people. months leading to E3 and the actual event could make reach the goal sooner than we expected.

But I hope they just do things more o less as planed. This was going to be more like a side project to take care about fans. Just keep it that way the first months.

Also hope people don't expect same production value that they could offer when they were GT. I've red in this post a few people a bit concerned about "Kyle show not being as equal as Final Bosman". I wouldn't expect big production value at first. Just be patient, focus on the content and let's hope things go well so it'll improve in the future. At least they have 2 editing monsters like Ian and Don on board.

I am so thoroughly excited that DnD is finally returning next week! And huge congrats to the team for hitting 30k! Next stop: world domination.

They have a chance, but I'll depends how this adventure could attract people. months leading to E3 and the actual event could make reach the goal sooner than we expected.

But I hope they just do things more o less as planed. This was going to be more like a side project to take care about fans. Just keep it that way the first months.

Also hope people don't expect same production value that they could offer when they were GT. I've read in this post a few people a bit concerned about "Kyle show not being as equal as Final Bosman". I wouldn't expect big production value at first. Just be patient, focus on the content and let's hope things go well so it'll improve in the future. At least they have 2 editing monsters like Ian and Don on board.

As long as Kyle still sits at a desk and talks about things I'll be happy to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom