• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA just kidding. you all got trolled. i'm still a patreon!

so. this is comedy, huh? tbh feels pretty good being this clever.

gBhVHFP.png

Considering text is the weakest way to convey subtle comedy and how this situation is exploding right before us, getgud at this next time.

Karu

Yeah, if you want a recent JRPG and have a Wii U, I think #FE is the way to go. Star Ocean seems to always disappoint.
I would love to own a Wii U, but can and prob never will justify the price. Hoping for somekind of backwards capability for NX, which I seriously consider buying if Nintendo doesn't fuck up with the reveal.

Currently playing SMT IV, which I quite like due to the quick & easy to use Fusion-system - my first SMT (besides Persona 4), though.

While Tales of Symphonia is one of my fav games of all time, playing Xillia... like ten years later, pretty much turned me off these lower budget console efforts for good.

Visceir

This was poor performance by Kyle. It's understandable why someone would weasle out of a 1h comedy show, but this bet isn't unreasonable. Don't agree to the bet if you don't plan to honor it.

I'm all for barring Kyle from betting specials forever if he doesn't honor this bet.

Also, nothing wrong with voting with your wallet in general.

http://i.imgur.com/gBhVHFP.pngIMG]

.[/QUOTE]

Why you mad bro? It's all just a fun troll bro.

MrMette

I would love to own a Wii U, but can and prob never will justify the price. Hoping for somekind of backwards capability for NX, which I seriously consider buying if Nintendo doesn't fuck up with the reveal.

Currently playing SMT IV, which I quite like due to the quick & easy to use Fusion-system - my first SMT (besides Persona 4), though.

While Tales of Symphonia is one of my fav games of all time, playing Xillia... like ten years later, pretty much turned me off these lower budget console efforts for good.

If they make the NX a decent price, I might be buying one. And it would be my first Nintendo home console as well. I never got a NES or SNES as a kid and my sister had the rest (except for Wii U). I did get a gameboy and gameboy pocket.

Zelda is convincing me to get one if decently priced (although I do have too much to play as is). I really hope they don't screw up because although I am not that big of a Nintendo fan, I really love a lot of their games. I just never saw a good enough reason to buy their consoles. Played some of their games on the Wii and Wii U by a friend as well.

Tankard

I thought his first playthrough was hilarious, and he still has 2 sessions to complete the game. That being said, i'm also done with caring about the bets if he finds a way to not do the whole playthrough, sorry, but i'm not one of those "Lol, i just hope x thing happens so Gaf will bury in tears, lol", it's the same people that likes this kind of stuff.

Hasney

The Last Hope International Edition was awesome. So that is a lie

I didn't dig it, but I just looked at the reviews and it does seem to be well recieved, so fuck me!

Yeah, I got my Wii U at launch and don't regret it at all, especially managing to get the premium £100 cheaper than the launch price, but I couldn't tell someone to buy one right now obviously. Hoping for BC too so I can sell my Wii U since I have a massive backlog so I'll keep it hooked up regardless.

SMT IV is great though, so good work. When you're done with that, have a look at the SMT: Devil Survivor games when they're on sale as they're really fun too.

I just had 2 of the Star Ocean streams on in the background while working so I would miss stuff here and there but Ben seemed entertained as he played. Butt then each time folks asked about picking it up, he seemed kinda down on the game. What were his problems with it? I didn't catch any specific complaints, beyond that one bad guy's awful dialogue, which I kinda liked.

I just had 2 of the Star Ocean streams on in the background while working so I would miss stuff here and there but Ben seemed entertained as he played. Butt then each time folks asked about picking it up, he seemed kinda down on the game. What were his problems with it? I didn't catch any specific complaints, beyond that one bad guy's awful dialogue, which I kinda liked.
The impression he gave is its not great but not generally doing anything terrible. The story is trope city and isn't presented in an exciting manner. The battle system seems to be flashy but can obscure what's going on. He enjoys times of that zen auto pilot through the world but then other times would like the fast travel to be there sooner to cut the backtracking down.

Lexad

I am not really seeing how Bosman weaseled out of the last bet.

He did completely original content that played off of the previous bet (the animal jokes), taking a sort of anti-comedy bent, which Bosman favors.

Did Bosman not stand up and give an hour of standup, even if it was printed internet animal puns?

I would only say he truly "welched" if he doesn't finish LttP

MrMette

He did completely original content that played off of the previous bet (the animal jokes), taking a sort of anti-comedy bent, which Bosman favors.

Did Bosman not stand up and give an hour of standup, even if it was printed internet animal puns?

He didn't weasel out of that one. I think that was great.
The first one (the hour long one) I didn't see, so I can't really comment on that one.

He will also probably "finish" the game as in see the ending. I am not sure if this counts as playing the full game if you glitch yourself through the game, but whatever we will see.

I expect a 15 min stream today and the final part in Dumb Game Monday.

Tankard

He didn't, it was a legit set.

Certain fans expectations got in the way on the 1 hour standup. Since Kyle is AAA on the final bosman we expected, or wanted him to rise higher and deliver a gaming comedy special that would allow him to gain even more exposure outside of GT.

He has done all the bets fairly good with a side of troll. People are overreacting. But if he does get out of playing a proper play thru i will be disappointed.

The bets special is a highlight carried over from the GT days and for it to end with EZA right as it started would be downright criminal. Kyle and Huber ARE the betting special. You can have others take there place, but it wouldnt be the same.

I have faith in Kyle though. I cant see him ruining a great show like the betting special, that we all anticipate at every game's conference, for something like this.

MrMette

Certain fans expectations got in the way on the 1 hour standup. Since Kyle is AAA on the final bosman we expected, or wanted him to rise higher and deliver a gaming comedy special that would allow him to gain even more exposure outside of GT.

He has done all the bets fairly good with a side of troll. People are overreacting. But if he does get out of playing a proper play thru i will be disappointed.

The bets special is a highlight carried over from the GT days and for it to end with EZA right as it started would be downright criminal. Kyle and Huber ARE the betting special. You can have others take there place, but it wouldnt be the same.

I have faith in Kyle though. I cant see him ruining a great show like the betting special, that we all anticipate at every game's conference, for something like this.
Yeah, it would suck as I really love those betting video's. Huber already said on stream that he would keep the trophy and bolt it to his wall if he doesn't honor the bet (and doesn't want to do bets anymore), so let's hope it doesn't come to that.

NuttSack

Man Damiani's Zelda Demo and Commentary is so good. This game looks so incredible.

That video made me have some concerns about the small dungeons and, although beautifully stylized, that area of the game looked quite bland and desolated.
I'm sure it was just that region of the game though, hope we see some villages à la Clock Town.

That video made me have some concerns about the small dungeons and, although beautifully stylized, that area of the game looked quite bland and desolated.
I'm sure it was just that region of the game though, hope we see some villages à la Clock Town.
I had that concern too. But then in the treehouse stream they showed some later shrines that were much larger and complex. Still the 100 shrines has me concerned of its Open world checklist grind appearance.

Naythan

I do know and have said multiple times I hope the next 2 streams deliver.

This thread has a serious problem with criticism being placed at the Allies and at times its due. An echo chamber of only praise helps no one.

At the end of the day I love this crew. But if I think some of the content is weak I'm not afraid to voice it

Dude you are taking this way too seriously. People are mocking your criticism because of that, not necessarily because they're fueling some sort of echo chamber. You are feeding directly into Kyle's troll.

It's not like he's thrown up a 5 minute EZA podcast or something, a regular show that is listed on their Patreon page. This latest shenanigan is the outcome of a betting special that only happens a few times a year. It's not trying to be 'good content'. If this is enough to get you rethink spending money on EZA... Well all I can say is please keep it up Kyle.

huh? bro I said nothing of the sort. I'm not even mad. I just said it could feel a bit disrespectful. Heck, someone even subscribed on twitch and then he says his goodbyes. I can see why people can be legit irritated.

jett

D-Member
Instead of a funny troll Bosman is coming off like someone that just doesn't honor his bets. There are several words for such a person.

Why does he even hate Zelda 3 anyway?

Instead of a funny troll Bosman is coming off like someone that just doesn't honor his bets. There are several words for such a person.

Watch the old Gametrailers video on most divisive games.

Something like he does not think it has good design, feels too gamish and lacks a believable world.

Auctopus

Damn, why does it feel like Patreon was the best and worst thing to happen to these guys? Some people really cannot take a joke. Even the ones in this thread who are trying to meta about it are just coming across as salty.

I hope Bosman is rolling when reading this thread.

image.php

Part of me thinks you're going to take this harmless troll to heart.

Damn, why does it feel like Patreon was the best and worst thing to happen to these guys? Some people really cannot take a joke. Even the ones in this thread who are trying to meta about it are just coming across as salty.

I think it's just the nature of this kind of presence on the internet. I totally get kyle and probably would have done something similar with a group of friends, but this trolling effects the community as well and reactions are gaurunteed to be mixed. Unfortunately, some people are resorting to extremes. =(

UrbanRats

If you're going to troll people, is to partly upset them.
You can't expect to pull a troll and have the 100% of your audience love it.

It's just the nature of a joke like that.

It's like wanting to do Doug Stanhope material as a stand up, but expecting to have the mainstream appeal of a Seinfeld.

Tankard

God forbid we as a community don't like 100% of the things they do or decisions they take.

God forbid we as a community don't like 100% of the things they do or decisions they take.

God forbid people chill out and stop taking everything so seriously

It's like as soon as people pay through Patreon they think its within their rights to complain about every little thing they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom