• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

God forbid people chill out and stop taking everything so seriously

It's like as soon as people pay through Patreon they think its within their rights to complain about every little thing they do

Did they have a patreon when Kyle did the 1 hour reading animal jokes? I remember he got twice as much flak for it back then. Every tiny little criticism now is taken as a patreon entitlement thing, and it's bullshit.

He didn't find a loophole to get out of this one yet, and i think his short troll stream was super funny too, but i understand where people are coming from.

Zomba13

Did they have a patreon when Kyle did the 1 hour reading animal jokes? I remember he got twice as much flak for it back then. Every tiny little criticism now is taken as a patreon entitlement thing, and it's bullshit.

He didn't find a loophole to get out of this one yet, and i think his short troll stream was super funny too, but i understand where people are coming from.

I fucking hate how now they are on Patreon any bit of criticism is dismissed as entitlement.

adixon

Doesn't Kyle have to prove to huber that he tweeted about lttp? Usually to honor a bet the other person has to have it proven to them that you've fulfilled the terms, right? Otherwise you could just say "I did it." (Couldn't Huber just say "that might be shopped" if Kyle tries to show him a screencap?)

God forbid we as a community don't like 100% of the things they do or decisions they take.
If you signed on to support Easy Allies, you signed on for Kyle's antics. Antics that he's been doing for years. He's a legend of a troll within the group and community.

You need to deal with that or move on.
The fuck is this.

"This is an ugly game with ugly sprites."
I've hated the game every time I've tried to play it, so I sympathize with him.
someone explain

what happened
Kyle completed the first part of fulfilling his bet with Huber by doing a five minute ALTTP stream.

Somehow this is shocking and insulting to some people.

FTF

Kyle did his first stream of Zelda: A link to the past, he played for about 1:40 minutes and called it a day, and now people are losing their minds because they think Kyle is not honoring his bet despite the fact the bet is still ongoing.

hqg-418.gif

adixon

someone explain

what happened

You kind of had to be there last night, lol. Kyle did his best to troll the bet he had with huber by getting into the first playable seconds in lttp and immediately saving and quitting. Was kind of incredible. Plus he deleted the tweet he was supposed to write seconds(?) after posting it.

Not sure he can Bosman his way all the way out of this one though, based on the wording of the bet. If I were huber I'd insist he prove that he's fulfilled the tweet part of the bet too -- and not accept screencaps as proof. Two can play this game :)

Oh, and some people in this thread got pissed off, which seems to be all anyone is interested in talking about now.

Wrynnax

Just started watching tabletop escapades and just wanted to say I never thought I'd be so entertained watching a bunch of guys play D&D. The allies are hilarious every time again!

UrbanRats

God forbid people chill out and stop taking everything so seriously

It's like as soon as people pay through Patreon they think its within their rights to complain about every little thing they do

Bullshit, people critiques "free" stuff all the time.
If anything, this Patreon thing comes up as soon as someone mentions a criticism, calling them entitled, like anyone here seriously EVER used it as a threat, c'mon.
Luchador was even joking with his post.

This thread needs to learn to accept criticism, especially since the EZA team does without any sort of problem.

It's annoying.

This enforced "jollyness at all costs" is nothing short of creepy, especially since, like clockwork, every little gripe gets dragged on for 4 pages, because people "come to the rescue" of people that can handle criticism perfectly fine by themselves, and have shown this time and again.

MrMette

someone explain

what happened

While I am one of the people critiquing, I don't think he did something wrong yet. I did love his troll stream, I am just afraid he will not honor his bet as I don't see how he can play the full game in 1 or 2 streams.

If he does, I don't see a problem. I also don't have problem with him deleting his tweet as this wasn't specified in the bet.

I just think that if you bet, you should honor your bet. We will see in the coming days, but although it will be funny (Kyle is almost always funny and in a weird way I did enjoy that short stream and found it funny as well), I just don't like it when people bet/promise something and don't go through with it.

Also I don't mean to tell them what they should do because I am a patron. They should do whatever they want IMO (I love their content just because they are so unique and because all of their personalities). Don't call it a bet if you don't want the consequences, just call it predictions instead.

Burt

SERIOUS

BUSINESS

also is there a GDQ EZA official/unofficial chat spot set up? Just their channel I guess? I don't know what the prerequisites are for hosting something, but if there aren't any, it'd be cool if they could host the GDQ channel so as to get around having to window juggle

Sami+

Dude he's got a while to fulfill the bet, y'all seriously need to relax. Jesus. Idk why people are getting so worked up over it.

Bullshit, people critiques "free" stuff all the time.
If anything, this Patreon thing comes up as soon as someone mentions a criticism, calling them entitled, like anyone here seriously EVER used it as a threat, c'mon.
Luchador was even joking with his post.

This thread needs to learn to accept criticism, especially since the EZA team does without any sort of problem.

It's annoying.

This enforced "jollyness at all costs" is nothing short of creepy, especially since, like clockwork, every little gripe gets dragged on for 4 pages, because people "come to the rescue" of people that can handle criticism perfectly fine by themselves, and have shown this time and again.

Funny, I seem to remember Ben getting pretty bummed out on Twitter by some of the comments here. But hey, I'm just a white knight coming to EZA's rescue

Mr Rivuz

Somebody must have hit me really hard on the head. It looks like it's already 8th july and i have no idea of what happened in the last 5 days.

Some of yall need to take a chill pill. He has 2 streams left. I see no sign of weaseling out of the bet. Like shiiieet. Ayyy lmao @ being pissed because you support them on patreon. You do know the point of patreon, right? It´s so that they can do what they want without a boss telling them what to do. Overreacting like children in here. Smh.

Look, I've argued about the "forced jolliness" before here. I've even argued about a Patreon meaning that we have some level of input in the process.

I'm just not sure what people want Bosman to do. Not be Bosman?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Started watching these guys two weeks ago. Not bad but I easily prefer the Kinda Funny guys more. Hate the "bets" segment/competition. Think the podcasts would be better if they become more serious, especially the Huber guy. I know that they're just joking around most of the time but if you have a good topic (like revealing the NX but can't argue anything), it should be more serious and debatable in my opinion.

Can someone explain what this "controversy" is about? I'm a a patron and listen to the podcasts, but I'm always a bit behind and don't really watch the rest of the content they make.

Giever

I'm guessing Kyle will probably fulfill the terms of the bet and do an actual full playthrough of ALttP, then all of this back-and-forth will have been moot, lol

Started watching these guys two weeks ago. Not bad but I easily prefer the Kinda Funny guys more. Hate the "bets" segment/competition. Think the podcasts would be better if they become more serious, especially the Huber guy. I know that they're just joking around most of the time but if you have a good topic (like revealing the NX but can't argue anything), it should be more serious and debatable in my opinion.
Then just watch Kinda Funny or Giant Bomb. They serve different tastes and purposes.

Personally, I like all three.

Gigarator

Can someone explain what this "controversy" is about? I'm a a patron and listen to the podcasts, but I'm always a bit behind and don't really watch the rest of the content they make.

Basically, if you dare to critique anything an Ally does you'll get jumped on by a horde of people here telling you to "chill out", that "you're wrong" or "don't get it" or that they're disappointed in you etc etc.

I'm amazed by the defence force I'm seeing here today over something so infinitesimal.

TheCalGee

Surprised to see everyone so riled about the Troll Bosman stream. I mean, he still has all week to complete the bet.

Feeling like I'm missing something here.

Zomba13

Can someone get rid of the "Good Vibes" in the title once and for all?

Christ.

I think some people think it's an enforceable thread rule. I guess really though, any OT becomes an echo chamber of sorts where if you criticise or disagree with anything about the game, TV show, whatever, then you get told to leave or to not watch/enjoy the thing you like etc.

Like, I love Kyle. He's a great podcast host and gets the guys to elaborate on their points by always poking at them with "why?" etc and he's super funny and The Final Bosman/Bosman at Home are great and on the whole his tastes line up with mine and his opinions about of a lot of things match up with my own.
Doesn't mean he's beyond critique or he doesn't do stuff that annoys me like how he always looks for ways out of bets he loses. And with this, where it was a bet for a full playthrough for a game you hate over 3 sessions, throwing away one session seems huge. Like, it's not really a short game (unless you glitch it which he will) so now he'll have to do some really long sessions to complete it normally (which he won't).

MrMette

Kyle lost the E3 bet special (it was very close this year) and he has to do a full play through of Link To The Past before July 8th in no more than 3 streams.

Last night he streamed a sessions of +- 5 minutes (I can explain what he did, but you better check it out here as it is kind of funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjwL-kJcl14), so some people (me included) are afraid he will not honor is bet as it will be very difficult to play that game in 1 or 2 streams.

So it is just some people who don't care about the bet and find the video funny (I thought it was funny too) and other people who think he should honor his bet and not trying to weasel out. Also I really want him to play through the game and elaborate on parts he doesn't like, I have the feeling he is exagerating his hate for this game (and I feel he just says it to troll people), but maybe he feels just as strongly as I feel about having to honor your bets/promises, so if that's the case, I can understand why it is hard to play that game.

It is just different people with different opinions. Nothing to be worried about, just people want to give their opinions (we are human afterall).

Mr Rivuz

He played pokemon minigames for 8 hours straight, i'm sure he can do a Zelda Marathon to complete the game in a couple of sessions.

MrMette

He played pokemon minigames for 8 hours straight, i'm sure he can do a Zelda Marathon to complete the game in a couple of sessions.
Yeah, I get a feeling he did this to make room for Zelda on monday.

We will see what he does, but I suspect he will be cheating with his emulator (which isn't fulfilling the bet imo), but we will see.

If you signed on to support Easy Allies, you signed on for Kyle's antics. Antics that he's been doing for years. He's a legend of a troll within the group and community.

This is one of the things that boggles my mind. I wonder if a lot of the people complaining only found this crew in the last year or so, because this has been Kyle's shtick for years. It's nothing new. Half of the fun of the betting specials (for me, at least) is seeing how Kyle will subvert the stakes of the bet when he loses, and then seeing Huber get more and more elaborate in his demands.

Man, the last few pages of this thread are depressing to read.

Why? Kinda Funny exists to do what they do, same as Giant Bomb has their style and EZA has theirs. They're all good for their own reasons, and it'd be stupid for them all to be the same.

P.S. Huber was totally dead serious about Samus' bearded brother.

P.P.S. If Huber reads this, please never change.

PepperedHam

Their NX reveal topic where they act as Nintendo is what makes these guys great. Different strokes for different folks. I can argue back that Colin's schtick gets super old, as much as I love him and Kinda Funny.

There's really no point in comparing any of these guys because they fill a different niche. I wouldn't want Huber or anyone else to change. If I want to watch more serious stuff I would go somewhere else. Why make everything and everyone the same?

UrbanRats

Funny, I seem to remember Ben getting pretty bummed out on Twitter by some of the comments here. But hey, I'm just a white knight coming to EZA's rescue

The only thing i remember was him having a problem with people backseat DMing, and it was mostly related to Youtube comments, i think.
Either way, i'm fine with them not agreeing with criticism, we've seen plenty of times for example Blood respond to people's opinions or outright criticism, with his point of view, or an explanation as to how that one decision was reached by them.
That is great, it doesn't mean people shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, though.

Patreon has nothing to do with anything, it's the reality of interacting with other people, you'll have to deal with points of view different than yours, otherwise you can live in a cave and enjoy serenity as long as it lasts.

As long as there's civility in the way said opinions are expressed, but that goes without saying.

So Kyle made a troll/joke, some people liked it (i liked it!) some didn't.
Kyle is an adult, and was aware that pulling a troll move isn't going to sit well, with a percentage of people, that's partly why it's funny in the first place.
I'm sure he'll cope with a couple of Gaffers saying "Yo, i didn't like that!".

MrMette

The only thing i remember was him having a problem with people backseat DMing, and it was mostly related to Youtube comments, i think.
Either way, i'm fine with them not agreeing with criticism, we've seen plenty of times for example Blood respond to people's opinions or outright criticism, with his point of view, or an explanation as to how that one decision was reached by them.
That is great, it doesn't mean people shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, though.

Patreon has nothing to do with anything, it's the reality of interacting with other people, you'll have to deal with points of view different than yours, otherwise you can live in a cave and enjoy serenity as long as it lasts.

As long as there's civility in the way said opinions are expressed, but that goes without saying.

So Kyle made a troll/joke, some people liked it (i liked it!) some didn't.
Kyle is an adult, and was aware that pulling a troll move isn't going to sit well, with a percentage of people, that's partly why it's funny in the first place.
I'm sure he'll cope with a couple of Gaffers saying "Yo, i didn't like that!".
Well, I totally agree with this. I explained my stance on the whole thing already (maybe a bit too much, I am sorry), but this is exacly like I feel as well.

I can give my opionion on things like this and don't agree with everything they do (it doesn't happen a lot that I don't agree with them). But that doesn't mean I don't respect them or I want input in what they do.

I never ever want to attack them personally about it. They can do what they want, it is their channel and me being a patron should not make any difference for the content they are producing. I am a patron to support them after they were fired and because I loved their content for years and wanted to give something back.

Me not agreeing with everything doesn't make me a hater of EZA. I don't think you can have strong opinions about stuff you don't care about.

Also, I am sure Kyle knew this was going to happen. I think he likes to ruffle people's feathers to be honest.

Requeim

I think, because the allies do read this thread, that you shouldn't write something that you wouldn't say, word for word, to their face. Because the fact that they are here does make a difference, in regards to what you can say and what you can't (or rather shouldn't). Many would probably disagree with me on this, though.

I feel like this conversation's gotten a bit long in the tooth, but if you're wondering about whether or not a criticism is appropriate, you can just remember three simple words: Love & Respect

MrMette

The schedule is up at easyallies.com
No Dumb Game Monday (yet, I'm not sure if this is final)

Also, Ian's Charity RPG will be streamed on saturday apparently. That will be fun.

btw, Love & Respect
I never wanted to attack people personally, so I hope I didn't.

UrbanRats

I think, because the allies do read this thread, that you shouldn't write something that you wouldn't say, word for word, to their face. Because the fact that they are here does make a difference, in regards to what you can say and what you can't (or rather shouldn't). Many would probably disagree with me on this, though.
That's a stance you should have in general, on the internet.

Also, Ian's Charity RPG will be streamed on saturday apparently. That will be fun.

btw, Love & Respect

Schedule's updated on Mondays. It's not nearly complete yet.

Prompto

Banned

btw, Love & Respect
Will there be a dumb game Monday? Tomorrow is Fourth of July after all.

Mrg8523-

btw, Love & Respect

Monday is a holiday. I don't think they'll be streaming anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom