• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this (patreon) pace, I expect them to focus full time on EZA in the next months, now that the support is constantly increasing may be they can focus on EZA for a living.

And yeah, it's kinda concerning to me that they have these much goals achieved and most of them are not focusing full time on this, I really hope they can get everything done without much problem

As said before they don't have jobs yet so they pretty much are full time on this in a sense. And they can't really start hiring multiple people full time before seeing where the long term Patreon ends up/if they are able to get sponsors. This is just tales from my ass but I'd imagine if there were full time hirings it would start with Ben/Huber (has a show+reviewer+constant streamer) and an editor (Ian, has a show) and they would go from there.

jbluzb

Patreon will serve as metric for sponsors to advertise in EZA. So additional funding will come from direct sponsorship.

Vinc

Man....I don't know. 50k.

The highest Patreon is 37k. 50k consistently every month is asking a lot from the community to be honest.

Lets say there are 10,000 people out there who are big enough fans that they watched pretty much anything GT used to put out... and that those 15,000 are willing to give 5 bucks a month for that content... that's 50K! I don't want to get my hopes up TOO much, but I don't think that scenario is so crazy. I think a lot of people probably have a mental barrier when it comes to paying for content they used to get for free, but the internet as a whole is changing for content creators as platforms become increasingly oligopolistic, and I think people will get increasingly used to doing so! :)

Mikey Jr.

If you count KFs patreons as one (which I think they should be) then they are close to 60k

Yeah, but they also have 13k Patrons. We have 3500.

I think the current patron audience has given all they could. Like, we have one of the highest patron avgs. I don't think they can expect more out of us.

They are going to have to expand their audience significantly if they want to reach 50k, and in my opinion, look to other sources of revenue as well.

I wonder if Brandon can make any deals. Maybe get some investors. Maybe some office space for cheap. I know we are slowly gaining little by little, but that well is gonna dry up soon enough.

Yeah, but they also have 13k Patrons. We have 3500.

I think the current patron audience has given all they could. Like, we have one of the highest patron avgs. I don't think they can expect more out of us.

They are going to have to expand their audience significantly if they want to reach 50k, and in my opinion, look to other sources of revenue as well.

I wonder if Brandon can make any deals. Maybe get some investors. Maybe some office space for cheap. I know we are slowly gaining little by little, but that well is gonna dry up soon enough.

well the thing is this is the first week lol we have to show some patience. We have had a hell of a start and I feel like the community will only grow! So I am looking forward to the future and they will have sponsorships and stuff. It'll be good! We just need some patience lol

wapplew

They need to make popular content if they want to get more audience.
React, movie, pop culture, politics etc.
But that's not why we love them.

BBboy20

As said before they don't have jobs yet so they pretty much are full time on this in a sense. And they can't really start hiring multiple people full time before seeing where the long term Patreon ends up/if they are able to get sponsors. This is just tales from my ass but I'd imagine if there were full time hirings it would start with Ben/Huber (has a show+reviewer+constant streamer) and an editor (Ian, has a show) and they would go from there.
Blood stated in Twtich Chat that Ian does have a job (and doing a million other things yet is taking the time to be part of EZA).

They need to make popular content if they want to get more audience.
React, movie, pop culture, politics etc.
But that's not why we love them.

WEll Huber loves to talk about movies.. they won't talk much politics, pop culture we will get some I think and then I think we have some incredible reactions.. I mean look at E3 2015

timmyp53

Man....I don't know. 50k.

The highest Patreon is 37k. 50k consistently every month is asking a lot from the community to be honest.

Well, it wouldn't just be Patreon. There's also Twitch subs, sponsorship, and YT ads.

Brandon has said that it's possible that they could achieve their goals after becoming more effecient and such so. It's possible that they could get out of his garage and into a studio with less than 50,000. Let's just hope they keep staying open about it all. I'm optimistic though.

I'm happy to see the new sound equipment though for sure. What they need is some better lighting/cameras though. The group streams are mad dark.

VanWinkle

I'm still so sad that there's not a Bosman show on the roster. We don't when he'll do his own show like he said or how often it will be or anything.

wapplew

WEll Huber loves to talk about movies.. they won't talk much politics, pop culture we will get some I think and then I think we have some incredible reactions.. I mean look at E3 2015

There's only 1 E3 per years, 4-5 big events per year.
I'm talking about react to everything! Movie trailers, popular event etc

Lokbob

Hope they don't focus too much on this twitch stuff. That isn't why alot of us are here.

Totally agree, I like the lonesome streams but I don’t need them daily. I hope they don’t start uploading all these to Youtube and flood the channel so you can’t find the quality content. Quality over quantity.

timmyp53

There's only 1 E3 per years, 4-5 big events per year.
I'm talking about react to everything! Movie trailers, popular event etc

Yeah I mean I don't mean to pressure them or anything but for this thing to survive the content has to be consistent. So doing vids(not streams) about current happenings and such could help them alot.

I'm still so sad that there's not a Bosman show on the roster. We don't when he'll do his own show like he said or how often it will be or anything.
I wonder why though I mean, I would think that show with that audience would make EZA more valuable to any potential sponsors.

wiibomb

I wonder why though I mean, I would think that show with that audience would make EZA more valuable to any potential sponsors.

This needs to be added to OP.

There is a new bosman coming, but this won't be a show of EZA, it will be a bosman production hosted by EZA, this is because bosman don't want the pressure of a patreon on the back of his show, which I totally understand.

And as a general, since it will be hosted on EZA, for the time being it can be called a show of EZA.

wapplew

I mean they already react to stuff on the pod and they do trailer score which is basically a well thought out reaction to film and gaming.

Need chicken wing Oreo and sex stuff /jk

Now I think if it, movie review is so easy compare to game. 2 hours passive watching and few minutes of talking.

timmyp53

pS7K6X7.png

Well there it is. I would wait up for it but I gotta wake up early. Enjoy folks.
It's not exactly 2 days early anymore though eh?

Growing pains
Still hyped though.

VanWinkle

Hopefully it won't be so late normally, because this will basically be a Thursday release, but I understand this is their first week and not everything is going to be perfect.

LycanXIII

I'm guessing that them going out and buying the new equipment set them back on the editing and uploading of the podcast. No worries though, it'll be for the betterment of future casts.

Szeth

Once the initial edits and graphics are created for this episode I assume they should be able to get the podcast out much easier going forward. Sounds like Jones is doing work!

Shang

Looks like some people in chat didn't realize the donations are recurring. Donated $200 and saying they could only do it once.

Uh oh. I wonder what the Patreon is gonna look like come next month. Should still be a lot, but I wonder if it'll take a hit.

wiibomb

pS7K6X7.png

Well there it is. I would wait up for it but I gotta wake up early. Enjoy folks.
It's not exactly 2 days early anymore though eh?

Growing pains
Still hyped though.

May be they push the release for everyone to saturday? I don't care at all really, if they release the podcast for everyone I would be very happy still, and I'm of course a patreon, but my purpose is to help this growing.

Uh oh. I wonder what the Patreon is gonna look like come next month. Should still be a lot, but I wonder if it'll take a hit.

I have heard several comments saying to expect ~10% drop on the first month based on others. Although, this Patreon is a lot bigger than most so who knows.

LycanXIII

I have heard several comments saying to expect ~10% drop on the first month based on others. Although, this Patreon is a lot bigger than most so who knows.

A drop to $27k wouldn't be bad, build up their content and grow the community to sustain higher amounts with more backers.

A drop to $27k wouldn't be bad, build up their content and grow the community to sustain higher amounts with more backers.

Exactly and I think there are quite a few people in my situation who can't pledge a lot yet ($5 tier) but after next month I will be a lot more comfortable and will up my tier for sure.

wiibomb

Exactly, I mean, it's a hit, but hopefully it also means that the people who patron for the next month are people willing to continue the same support for the coming months.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to make a higher patron, because I'm not sure I can get the same amount all months, so I better bet on the amount I'm sure I can give over the course of all months

LycanXIII

Exactly, I mean, it's a hit, but hopefully it also means that the people who patron for the next month are people willing to continue the same support for the coming months.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to make a higher patron, because I'm not sure I can get the same amount all months, so I better bet on the amount I'm sure I can give over the course of all months

Yep, I had surgery back in January and was out of work for 2 months, so I can only do $5 right now, but once I get a steady income and a savings, I'll probably increase to $10 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom