• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could afford to pledge more, but I am putting up what I think is reasonable for the content I am getting. $10 is more than I am paying for Netflix so it already feels kinda steep, but I also enjoy what these guys do and like seeing money go directly to the people I want to support rather than a faceless corporation so it seems like a good spot.

This needs to be added to OP.

There is a new bosman coming, but this won't be a show of EZA, it will be a bosman production hosted by EZA, this is because bosman don't want the pressure of a patreon on the back of his show, which I totally understand.

And as a general, since it will be hosted on EZA, for the time being it can be called a show of EZA.

Okay, I knew he was doing a show I thought it was just separate, if it's still hosted by SZA I guess it's petty much the same thing.

Okay, I knew he was doing a show I thought it was just separate, if it's still hosted by SZA I guess it's petty much the same thing.

He didn't want the Patreon campaign to feel pressure to hit a Bosman Show stretch goal. Certainly a reasonable concern beforehand, but in hindsight wasn't an issue at all. Still happening regardless.

Yeah with how successful their Patreon has been I think they'll easily get sponsors for their podcasts and whatnot.

I dunno how much money the old "this podcast is brought to you by loot crate/casper mattresses/squarespace" deal brings in but it will help out.

he said he was in that, not exactly hosting.. hope I didn't hear that wrong

I think he was answering a question about having his own show and he said "I'll be doing the second podcast" which I kind of interpreted as hosting it but maybe not.

He also seemed really excited about the second podcast, saying how great it will be. Has me curious about what exactly it will be.

Yuuichi

Exactly and I think there are quite a few people in my situation who can't pledge a lot yet ($5 tier) but after next month I will be a lot more comfortable and will up my tier for sure.

Then there are people like me who are on the $5 tier for now, I'm waiting until I go back to work full time this summer to up it (likely to $10).

Man, I wanted that Ben stream to last a bit longer. Such a relaxing game to watch.
Hopefully during the week they'll have time to stream on their own.

Vinc

Then there are people like me who are on the $5 tier for now, I'm waiting until I go back to work full time this summer to up it (likely to $10).

Yep, I'm also in a situation where I expect to up my pledge gradually from now, and I will support this for as long as it exists.

Thores

I really enjoyed the Ben stream. He's a really cool, genuine dude, and it's funny how much of his gaming tastes line up with mine. As much as I appreciate his eagerness to interact with the viewers, I actually hope he frets less about what the chat wants in future streams; I enjoyed the points where he acted on his own intuition more, instead of stopping what he was doing to see what everyone else wanted him to do.

Overall I had a really good time though! I think that Ben's an underrated member of the team and I'm looking forward to him getting more spotlight time this go around.

I'm looking for gaming podcasts to supplement my giantbomb ones so I think I'll join in on these. Unfamiliar with the crew so this should be fun. Are the feeds live yet for the casts?

I will be hosting the second podcast. Hope everyone is okay with that. If not please let me know and I'll bring it up with the crew.

You guys do your thing. We're just along for the ride.

I'm looking for gaming podcasts to supplement my giantbomb ones so I think I'll join in on these. Unfamiliar with the crew so this should be fun. Are the feeds live yet for the casts?

The OP has links to their Twitch for the archive, so far it is just informal casts. The main production of their Podcast should go live tonight for Patreon supporters and their "Shows" will probably be coming in the next couple weeks.

Thores

I will be hosting the second podcast. Hope everyone is okay with that. If not please let me know and I'll bring it up with the crew.
This is actually really exciting news. I think you bring a great element to the group and I'm looking forward to seeing something from the project that's yours in addition to the tabletop stuff.

You guys do your thing. We're just along for the ride.

The OP has links to their Twitch for the archive, so far it is just informal casts. The main production of their Podcast should go live tonight for Patreon supporters and their "Shows" will probably be coming in the next couple weeks.

Got it. Think I will wait for things to shake out.

Lexad

I just started listening to the first 7 episodes of TTA and you do a great job with it. I can see how parallels there can lead to successfully hosting a round table (if the second podcast is like that) discussion

Hasney

Considering the general idea of it in the Patreon goals, that seems like a great fit.

This needs to be added to OP.

There is a new bosman coming, but this won't be a show of EZA, it will be a bosman production hosted by EZA, this is because bosman don't want the pressure of a patreon on the back of his show, which I totally understand.

And as a general, since it will be hosted on EZA, for the time being it can be called a show of EZA.

Da Op said:
Bosman will be doing his own thing as a Final Bosman replacement on the EZA channel too, but it won't be affected by Patreon

Wakka212

That was my initial reaction, but now I love the name. Don't worry, it'll grow on you :)

Yup, I feel the same way. Initially I was confused over the name and felt it was half baked, but it starts to grow on you the more you see it.

Still, I feel it should have been Easy Alliance instead of Allies.

RiverKwai

I've never really been into livestreams before, but I popped into Ben's DragonQuest Builder stream tonight and he's just so affable and chill that I totally bought in. I feel like he's really good at playing the game and at the same time keeping up with comments in chat. He quoted me a few times tonight and it really made it seem like kind of just chillin in his living room with a bunch of people talking. So, great job! I'm probably going to catch up on TTA this weekend and am looking forward to Podcast 2.

Also, DQB looks pretty fun. I really hope that gets a US release. I'd probably pick it up.

Hasney

Hopefully Brandon's editing is an intro and outro, something that can be reused so it's not constantly late. Not gone mad and made it like the Viacom GT Time with things edited in all the way through.

LycanXIII

It's 2AM here. I'm going to bed, I'll watch it in the morning, hopefully.

Hopefully Brandon's editing is an intro and outro, something that can be reused so it's not constantly late. Not gone mad and made it like the Viacom GT Time with things edited in all the way through.

Lol, Hasney left to sleep and is back before it's up.

Tigermave

Neo Member
Brandon apparently wanted it to be all fancy. Fast and loose is my motto.

I can see that... first real release onto YouTube that wasn't a Twitch stream, wants to make a good impression on all the supporters and potential supporters :)

As someone else said, a big part of it might be the intro/outro, music, etc., stuff that is a lot of work the first time, but real quick next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom