• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I still want Jones to lose a bet and have to watch anime. Make him watch Death Note :O

In general it would be cool to see them branching out of games and maybe discuss movies, books or anime.

Would be fun if Jones had to watch an anime (movie, as series would be too much of a time commitment), have him discuss it with Kyle/Ben and just give his likes and dislikes from an outsider point of view who is familiar with film arts but doesn't usually watch anime.

Have him just go over the classics like Akira, Ghost In The Shell and Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro.

I apologise if I was a little heated before...

I understand your point, however from my side I backed them on patreon specifically BECAUSE OF their easy going attitude and the vibe that they had during the GT days. I absolutely don't want that to change.
I hope they remain as autonomous as possible and keep doing what they want, how they want, since that is what made me a fan in the first place.

This is just me personally though I suspect it is the same for others.

We saw how much effort you put into the story and this thread always got busy after a lore corner. There is this cool world that you have written a small novel on and all these interactions between factions and nations. Due to the guys being themselves though and going on tangents, we haven't seen 1% of that.

I think most of the comments are coming from a place of wanting to see this world you built.

I love TTE, but I do wish some of these encounters didn't go on for so long. They arrived in this town in like episode 8 and still have yet to leave, and have managed to accomplish nothing but getting themselves all nearly killed or thrown in prison. Which is tough for me because the RP has been hilarious, but I would love to see the RP take place in other scenarios in the universe, and encounter an enemy that isn't themselves. Next week will be the 8th episode in this city they had the chance to leave and encounter a new dungeon by 2nd episode in this city.

Ben did put a disclaimer about the story getting sidelined at the beginning of the first episode.
https://youtu.be/mVklX6oxQsc?t=26s
Some of us new to Tabletop thought it was a joke... we didn't realize how true that statement really was.

I love both the story and them going off rails.
It's win win either way. I think of it as character development and team bonding/building before we get into the big and dangerous story arcs.

Yeah I agree. It's less so that he needs to die and more keep in line with his character? Obviously Huber knows the character better than anyone so he can do what he likes but I feel he's moving towards Huber default mode I.e. Hogger.

I think Hogger actually died in TTA but Ben decided it wasn't canon or implemented a rule to save him. I.e. Something beyond a life saving throw.

I do wish Law would become more of a team player. I don't want him to die before he can clear his name.

MrMette

I understand your point, however from my side I backed them on patreon specifically BECAUSE OF their easy going attitude and the vibe that they had during the GT days. I absolutely don't want that to change.
I hope they remain as autonomous as possible and keep doing what they want, how they want, since that is what made me a fan in the first place.
I have backed them for the their attitude as well and because I love their content. I think it is great patrons get their say in some stuff (eg. the game that's played during the group stream and the questions they can ask for several shows), but I rather want them to create the content they want to create.

You can see they are more free now because there is no boss which tells them they need to get a certain amount of viewers/clicks and that they can use their own creative freedom to create the stuff they want.
You will get the best content when the creator is standing 100% behind it imo.

I think you can see it especially with Ian who seems to enjoy himself a lot more than he was at GT (I also loved his content at GT, but still).

btw I do agree with Pie and Beans that it would be best that there are some extra people who can edit. You can see Brandon Jones is working his ass of and he looks very tired most of the time.
It shows his commitment (which is great), but I don't know how long a human body can take this without getting really sick or something.

You understand.

Thinking that through donations on patreon you are the boss off these people, or that they are committed to pleasing you by your standards, based on your support is entitled to say the least.

Hasney

You understand.

Thinking that through donations on patreon you are the boss off these people, or that they are committed to pleasing you by your standards, based on your support is entitled to say the least.

They're responding to a post that states "The people making your career possible, are the ones absolutely totally invested in the quality of the shows being put out.", so the understand the post being responded to entirely :lol

J-Skee

As a listener of the podcast, that Scorn trailer was eerily pleasant to listen to. I had already seen the trailer, so I know what was shown, but I didn't mind it in audio form at all.

EDIT: Did Brandon ever get the okay to release the Instagram profile of the person who sent them the Pokeballs?

They're responding to a post that states "The people making your career possible, are the ones absolutely totally invested in the quality of the shows being put out.", so the understand the post being responded to entirely :lol

Right. I was agreeing with the person I quoted and referencing the same post he quoted.

Karu

Holy shit... rewatching the Lore part of the first TTE, which back then I mostly ignored, because... well, exposition dump. But I think it's kinda funny how the lore played almost no role yet (Which is well known, but still).

On the other hand, I think the current hijinks as a tool to let us get to know the characters rather playfully before diving in, is not that bad.

El-Suave

I thought the 2009 uncharted 2 demo was the city rooftops and the helicopter, not the train?

Yup, it was the one where the house collapsing while you're playing inside it was the finale.

I don't have complaints with Damiani on the podcast - the strength of EZA is the variety of personalities in the crew and everybody has a place. The "Best of E3" segement that went a bit south was actually a good idea but it would have benefitted from Kyle either mentioning other contenders for each year or being more strict and making it just about the impact the Game of the Show had that year and not about the alternatives. It was still entertaining though. The others just need to call Damiani out more often when he goes to his Zelda / FF happy place. You don't need to think twice when you discuss the impact of Uncharted 2 or TLOU, just mention the hundreds of GOTY awards and end the discussion.

Lexad

I figured after the shitshow last night, I thought Damiani would be in full up troll mode.

For context, I have agreed in the past that Damiani did feel a little out of his element in other podcasts, or just out of place.

This was my favorite episode of him. He actually did provide historical context to the yep nope segment, even with the Nintendo lenses. I thought he meshing pretty well except for the LOL answer at the end and that did seem odd.

This was the first group podcast where I felt he really belonged and that makes sense since he was out of the loop from the rest of the guys for quite awhile.

sora87

Brandon plays FF VII with Brad when?

Gotta admit, Damiani was fine this episode. He's been much more disruptive with trolls in previous episodes lol

wiibomb

I have backed them for the their attitude as well and because I love their content. I think it is great patrons get their say in some stuff (eg. the game that's played during the group stream and the questions they can ask for several shows), but I rather want them to create the content they want to create.

You can see they are more free now because there is no boss which tells them they need to get a certain amount of viewers/clicks and that they can use their own creative freedom to create the stuff they want.
You will get the best content when the creator is standing 100% behind it imo.

I think you can see it especially with Ian who seems to enjoy himself a lot more than he was at GT (I also loved his content at GT, but still).

btw I do agree with Pie and Beans that it would be best that there are some extra people who can edit. You can see Brandon Jones is working his ass of and he looks very tired most of the time.
It shows his commitment (which is great), but I don't know how long a human body can take this without getting really sick or something.

This is my main concern with patrons, I'm totally with you, we are backing them up like sponsors, but we are not in any way their bosses, we should never feel entitled to demand them to do anything for us, we are paying them exactly for the opposite, we are paying them to be free to do whatever they want to do.

Don't like what you are currently seeing? then please go ahead and cancel you pledge, may be they will change after, may be don't, but stop being an sponsor if you don't like the content, stop pledging before you feel entitled to ask them do whatever you want just because you are a patron.

Yup, it was the one where the house collapsing while you're playing inside it was the finale.

I don't have complaints with Damiani on the podcast - the strength of EZA is the variety of personalities in the crew and everybody has a place. The "Best of E3" segement that went a bit south was actually a good idea but it would have benefitted from Kyle either mentioning other contenders for each year or being more strict and making it just about the impact the Game of the Show had that year and not about the alternatives. It was still entertaining though. The others just need to call Damiani out more often when he goes to his Zelda / FF happy place. You don't need to think twice when you discuss the impact of Uncharted 2 or TLOU, just mention the hundreds of GOTY awards and end the discussion.

the difference in personalities is not only good for EZA, but it is fundamental for a podcast, I was surprised to hear them say that the world is good when there are people not agreeing, and that is also very good for the podcast, it would be pretty boring if they just nod at each other's statements all the time.

If Damiani puts his Nintendo glasses for every discussion then why isn't anyone else putting something else? ok not agreeing with him on the "Yup" to Gamecube? then go ahead and make a different proposal. That's how it should work. Damiani might had Nintendo glasses all the time, but I don't think that's bad, what is bad is that everyone else is just shutting to his arguments, which I didn't see often in the podcast.

I figured after the shitshow last night, I thought Damiani would be in full up troll mode.

For context, I have agreed in the past that Damiani did feel a little out of his element in other podcasts, or just out of place.

This was my favorite episode of him. He actually did provide historical context to the yep nope segment, even with the Nintendo lenses. I thought he meshing pretty well except for the LOL answer at the end and that did seem odd.

This was the first group podcast where I felt he really belonged and that makes sense since he was out of the loop from the rest of the guys for quite awhile.

this is true also, I didn't see yesterday problems on the thread so I can't really comment fully on it, but I saw he posted he was going to get someway out of the podcast and, now, that makes me afraid.
Why? Why let other comments on the thread/forums let you decide for you whether you should be or not in a content? I agree it is a good option if everyone is commenting that, but a vocal minority shouldn't be an indicative at all to do it.

I actually found Damiani pretty good on the podcast, for me it's not necessarily bad if he is Nintendo oriented, because by that measure I wouldn't be able to stand Kinda Funny which are extremely leaning to Sony's side (which I can't stand sometimes, though) for me it is more important that he adds meaningful content to the podcast, arguments that make the conversation richer and he did, that segment "Nope, Yup" was wonderful most of the time because of the retrospective he did on each E3 year, which I, most of the time, didn't know.

I really hope Damiani wasn't talking seriously about not appearing on the podcast anymore, that made me salty

Vinc

As a Patron of Easy Allies, I am their rightful overlord and I order them to continue doing whatever the hell they want.

MrMette

As a Patron of Easy Allies, I am their rightful overlord and I order them to continue doing whatever the hell they want.

While I am sure you are making a joke about it, I get the feeling that some people really feel this is the case unfortunately.

I read this in Law's voice, what have you done Huber?
I didn't read it like this the first time, but I know perfectly how it would sound if Law would say this.

I love Huber and he's hilarious, but I think he needs to have a character die at this point. It was kind of ridiculous how often Hogger got himself into situations that should have ended in his death in TTA but somehow he always managed to scrape by.

Now Law is becoming Hogger II, and I think Ben should finally enforce some realistic repercussions for the character's recklessness.

hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

What I find weird is that Law is trying to get to the Baron to tell him that Terese is on a murdering spree and needs to be stopped, and then Terese shows up to help him and Law is all like "Thanks for helping, I'm not blowing your cover, now excuse me while I try and get the Baron to find and kill you"

*looks at guard* "I'll see ya around"

rQL8jvL.gif

Reading the last few pages reminded me why I stopped posting in this thread.

Has it been addressed why Zhe Zhe's DEX bonus (+2) wasn't added in the final race? Or was it?

OMG Aero

Should I watch all of "Kyle's" ALTTP stream before I watch the trial?
I've seen about half an hour of it so I get what he did and his justification, but I was just wondering if any other evidence comes up later in the stream or whether I can just skip the remaining couple of hours and see the trial.

Kneefoil

Should I watch all of "Kyle's" ALTTP stream before I watch the trial?
I've seen about half an hour of it so I get what he did and his justification, but I was just wondering if any other evidence comes up later in the stream or whether I can just skip the remaining couple of hours and see the trial.

He changes the video to a different speedrun because the first one didn't show the end credits, but other than that, you're good to go.

About the Law stuff, I totally agree with most of you. The one thing I ask you keep in mind is that some (not all) attempts at punishment have been legitimately beaten by crazy rolls. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Even so, I still agree that more direction would be good.

dickroach

Changing the subject I noticed quite a few allies are big fans of anime, Ben, Damiani especially, I wonder if will get some anime on a episode of frametrap.

Maybe throw in Jones too!

I'm first starting to get into anime, and I just don't think an anime podcast would be worthwhile. you can talk about video games without ruining the game and giving away spoilers. not sure if that really works with anime, and there's so much anime out there / airing currently; makes it real difficult.

On editing - Yeah, I definitely want to start learning. It would help out the group a lot. Hopefully within the next couple of months I can start contributing in small ways here and there.

On anime in Frame Trap - There will be bits and pieces of anime on Frame Trap for sure because enough of us are interested in it. That's what FT is supposed to be, you getting to know us in a way. But yeah, I think the focus should always remain games since just personally I get annoyed when I'm listening to a podcast and they spend an hour talking about something other than the subject I expected to hear. The whole "FT is fast and loose but not ManUps Nights fast and loose" is always what I'm striving for. That's not a knock on ManUps Nights (I miss it), it's just FT is a different show.

About the Law stuff, I totally agree with most of you. The one thing I ask you keep in mind is that some (not all) attempts at punishment have been legitimately beaten by crazy rolls. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Even so, I still agree that more direction would be good.

Law was a roll away from death like 5 episodes ago. Lol. It's all still fun, we just want to see the rest of the world you created and how their fantastic RP handles it.

So a bit late I know but I just saw the "trail video" of kyle about the stream contract.
That video is AMAZING !!!!
Best video they have done as EZ crew so far.
Hilarious, Insightful and surprising :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom