• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

"I wonder what the worst, yet most expensive way to play Tetris is."

giphy.gif

A reference to his RE4 stream with GT. A great moment where things were falling apart for Huber, meanwhile Brad and Kyle were not paying attention and goofing around doing Adam Sandler / Pixels impressions. Huber got mad at them on screen. Then later it was laughed at by all the rest of the night and months later

Adam Sandler is my favourite GT/EZA inside joke/meme because of how stupid it is. Most of the Sandler moments don't make any sense.

Burt

One of these days, Bosman is going to have to admit that Pokemon are the gameiest games ever made with zero context whatsoever.

Massa

Did that open the show for Sony? Maybe I just missed it.

Yep. They opened with Uncharted 2, closed with that incredible God of War 3 demo. Assassin's Creed 2 also had a great demo there, it was probably Sony's best conference that generation.

Also, Kyle despises BioShock? Even the first one? Man...
He hates the morality system (which yeah, doesn't need to be there) and the twist
which is like trying to be super smart, but seeing as you need to follow the orders to progress it's not like you had a choice and they're showing you it

Bioshock 1 and Infinite are two of my favorite games, but I totally see where he's coming from. His Infinite criticisms are more just thinking the infinite/parallel universes are dumb because it's trying to be smart but kind of makes everything meaningless. Which is true I suppose, I'm just happy to go along for the ride lol

Sami+

I discovered during the course of that video that Damiani is obsessed with Nintendo and little else, so it didn't surprise me at all.

Yeah it was kinda weird how completely dismissive he was about everything not Nintendo but oh well opinions I guess

Edit - oh jeez just went like ten pages back and saw the whole discussion about it. Whoops.

Yep. They opened with Uncharted 2, closed with that incredible God of War 3 demo. Assassin's Creed 2 also had a great demo there, it was probably Sony's best conference that generation.

Yeah, 2009 was great. Though, 2010 was fantastic as well. It had Kevin Butler, Portal 2 (surprise Gabe Newell appearance!), Twisted Metal (with that crazy stage entrance), and, while it didn't seem it at the time, the PS+ announcement was a big deal.

Still no UC4 spoilercast. I bet the ship has sailed.

If I'm honest while I like UC4 now that such a long time has passed and looking back to the game I feel like a spoilercast for it isn't that interesting. Both story and gameplay wise it isn't that interesting game to talk about in lenght.

Something like No Man's Sky spoilercast could be interesting to have since I think that one will have a lot of differing opinions between the allies. Maybe we get another Brandon vs the rest showdown.

UrbanRats

If I'm honest while I like UC4 now that such a long time has passed and looking back to the game I feel like a spoilercast for it isn't that interesting. Both story and gameplay wise it isn't that interesting game to talk about in lenght.
Gotta agree.
UC4 was very forgettable.

LiK

Something like No Man's Sky spoilercast could be interesting to have since I think that one will have a lot of differing opinions between the allies. Maybe we get another Brandon vs the rest showdown.

Gotta agree.
UC4 was very forgettable.

Crazy talk

Yeah, I'm bummed about it too. We talk about it in the episode, but I promise the next Frame Trap will be 2+ hours.

The recent podcast actually made me feel sick to my stomach.

I think it was the fact that Dishonored 2 didn't get much love and optimism. The first game is a gem. It's highly replayable, a fleshed out context, beautiful art style, interesting characters with different results/timelines, and amazing game mechanics.

The next game is a believable continuation of the context the first game established. I want a new story, new characters, new powers, and a refinement of previous mechanics. I don't know what people are expecting ='(

I LOVE Frame Trap Ben. I really do. But you hurt my feelings and should feel bad ;)

My Dairy Queen peanut buster parfait also had way too much fudge in it, so maybe that made me feel sick lol

Karu

Mhh..

Final Fantasy
Personally: No Cut... well maybe. Will either wait for reviews or buy it cause of that damn launch hype, stupid me
Succesfully: No Cut (not enough for Square)
Critically: No cut

Last Guardian
P: No Cut
S: It will do fine enough for lowered expectations, Cut
C: Cut

No Mans Sky
P: Cut
S: Cut

Recore
S: No idea
C: No cut

Dishonored

Forgot about other games mentioned...

FF15 - I want to believe

TLG - I think it will be solid but there will be a lot of "does it live up to the wait?"
C: No Cut

Recore - I don't think it will be good but critics will love it, just like they were so hyped for that CG trailer last year
S: No Cut

Dishonored 2 - I thought the E3 showing was poor, critics will praise the branching paths, immersion, and characters
S: No Cut

Gears 4 - Looks uninteresting but I'm sure it'll play fine and it's one of Xbox's heavy hitters
C: No Cut

"Four dudes...in a car...can't wait to read about that *eye roll*"

Haha yea. I have a feeling people already have their editorial articles about that game already written

The recent podcast actually made me feel sick to my stomach.

I think it was the fact that Dishonored 2 didn't get much love and optimism. The first game is a gem. It's highly replayable, a fleshed out context, beautiful art style, interesting characters with different results/timelines, and amazing game mechanics.

The next game is a believable continuation of the context the first game established. I want a new story, new characters, new powers, and a refinement of previous mechanics. I don't know what people are expecting ='(

[/SPOILER]

I really like the first game and I know Huber does as well. I just don't think Dishonored 2 showed very well at E3. The game could come out and be amazing. In my opinion, the panel was very reasonable with their criticisms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really like the first game and I know Huber does as well. I just don't think Dishonored 2 showed very well at E3. The game could come out and be amazing. In my opinion, the panel was very reasonable with their criticisms. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

;)

Agreed. Hope you knew I was teasing bro.

I'm curious, did you guys play Dishonored on console or PC? I found that the higher FOV, higher framerate, powers on hotkeys, and quick precise movements of the mouse made that game soar. I'm not into PC vs Console nonsense, but I feel it's one of those games that really needed it to feel "right."

Btw, Blood...the Outsider is akin to the G-Man in Half Life. I like that sort of mysterious character.

Very entertaining Frame trap. I love how both Ben and Kyle mix up their podcasts with different games. Especially in that post E3 summer lul.

A couple cut/no cuts for me

Gears 4. -No cut
I've bought, played and really enjoyed the 3 main Gears games. But I felt where it was in the franchise was similar to God of War. And while God of war went for a bold and exciting direction. Gears is the safest, dullest direction they could go. It needed something to shake it up. It hasn't been too long to feel nostalgic for gears just being itself (A R&C situation), and instead it's a game that doesn't look bad. But there's no buzz. What's to be excited about it. I felt like "oh course I'll buy gears at launch" like out of some obligation. And then I paused and wondered why?

FF XV - oh man I hope this blade can cut!
I need FF to return. I really hope it does it. But I've settled my expectations that it's not the mega FF hit game. But it'll be the one that shows that square is heading in the right direction with the franchise again.

No Man's Sky
Cut
Cut
No Cut

Dishonored 2
Cut
Cut
Cut

Final Fantasy XV
No Cut
Cut
No Cut

World of Final Fantasy will be the far superior Final Fantasy.

Gears of War 4
No Cut
No Cut
No Cut

Gears of war 4 will not sell as well as the other numbered entries in the franchise.

Recore
No Cut
No Cut
No Cut

The Last Guardian
Cut
Cut
Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom