• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

"I believe that videogames are better when things like this exists" - Kyle Bosman

This has to be on FFXV boxart, or those pics with all the review comments.

Almost gave me chills.

The constant stop/start and awkward commentary definitely hurt the E3 demo of Dishonored 2. I wasn't really feeling it but unlike Huber I did think the past/present mechanic looked nice.
Bethseda had a bit of a problem using the same formula they had the previous year to great effect. No mega game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls to promote this year, left Dishonored a more of a cult game with what should be more modest expectations to carry the weight. It wouldn't of been too bad if they announced a few more of their other 'B' tier properties like Wolfenstein or Evil Within if only in trailer form, therefore leaving less time for pointless game director waffling at the end.

For the record more of the same but better is exactly what I want out of Dishonored.

sora87

Brad has inspired me to finally get around to playing through all of the Kingdom Hearts HD collection, I only played to the end of 1 when I got it for christmas in 2014 (I've completed them all in the past obviously). I booted my PS3 up for the first time in over a year today, sure was a little shock from the past even though it's not been that long. One of the updates fucked it up too and I had to boot it in to safe mode and update it to the next version via usb. The dualshock 3 feels sooo small in my hands too now.

Bethseda had a bit of a problem using the same formula they had the previous year to great effect. No mega game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls to promote this year, left Dishonored a more of a cult game with what should be more modest expectations to carry the weight. It wouldn't of been too bad if they announced a few more of their other 'B' tier properties like Wolfenstein or Evil Within if only in trailer form, therefore leaving less time for pointless game director waffling at the end.

For the record more of the same but better is exactly what I want out of Dishonored.

Yeah I totally expected Evil Within 2 considering they were doing another press conference

Lexad

Really liked today's cup of jones. I know Brandon wants to move away from these just being question and answer sessions, I know I personally enjoy them.

I think the bigger issue of "more of the same" is the way it was presented with an in-depth look at the systems and mechanics. You can look at a run through an area and say "yep it's Dishonored, great" but instead it's lots of talking and concept art and "wow look at all of this huh"

Fallout 4 and DOOM were deserving of long blowouts last year because no one knew what to expect, and there was quite a bit of new to go through

Prey looks lit though

Maybe I'm the resident curmudgeon, but I just don't have a good feeling about FFXV.

I feel like it's really hard for a dev team to crawl out of the valley of mediocrity once they slip into it. I don't think the game will be bad, but... it's going to be one where I wait not just for the reviews, but for any belated backlash to appear before I put my own dollars down on it.

No cut

Absolutely. The stigma comes from the unconventional controls. The game themselves are very good. Not the best Zeldas, but we know that many other series wish they were at the level of the worst entries in the Zelda franchise.
You're goddamn right! Haters gonna hate.

eb574466df55281d7d90193fceb755b9.gif

Mixed bag group stream. Started late, played that rough Ghost buster game. Ew.

It's a shame they couldn't do the tournament this week. But power stone 2 next week!

Also please please please get Damiani a mic if he's going to be in the corner. It's so frustrating to have him talking and you can barely hear him. Lots of muted comments, rants, and conversations where you only really hear couch

Fortunately things picked up when they finally bailed on the Ghostbusters game. How is that thing $50?

Not a big deal, more a 'niggle' from FrameTrap.
Please don't spoil movies and games that haven't been released worldwide. You have an international audience and when you've waiting for something to release that can grind a few gears.

WaterAstro

Not a big deal, more a 'niggle' from FrameTrap.
Please don't spoil movies and games that haven't been released worldwide. You have an international audience and when you've waiting for something to release that can grind a few gears.

Weirdly, that spoiler got me to watch the movie because I was interested in seeing how it worked out.

I was disappointed though.

Ughhhh this is exactly what I was talking about with my Frame Trap question.

I'm fully aware of what Carmageddon is, what its faults are, and so on.....but this is an annoying sentiment.

90's game being made by members of the 90's team funded by fans of said 90's game................."Wtf is this some 90's shit? Unacceptable"

It'd be easier to critique if there were actual modern examples of demolition derby/car combat but there aren't because "dude it's not the 90's anymore"

Bleh.

Hasney

Ughhhh this is exactly what I was talking about with my Frame Trap question.

I'm fully aware of what Carmageddon is, what its faults are, and so on.....but this is an annoying sentiment.

90's game being made by members of the 90's team funded by fans of said 90's game................."Wtf is this some 90's shit? Unacceptable"

It'd be easier to critique if there were actual modern examples of demolition derby/car combat but there aren't because "dude it's not the 90's anymore"

Bleh.

I love the new Carmageddon, but I dont see putting that in the review as a bad thing. They're reviewing the game for as broad an audience as their readership is so it's a good warning because there's so much bank in there that has been corrected over almost 2 decades fbsf someone who had never played it might think it's a bit shit and impenetrable.

It doesn't work in 2016, but I'm OK with that.

I love the new Carmageddon, but I dont see putting that in the review as a bad thing. They're reviewing the game for as broad an audience as their readership is so it's a good warning because there's so much bank in there that has been corrected over almost 2 decades fbsf someone who had never played it might think it's a bit shit and impenetrable.

It doesn't work in 2016, but I'm OK with that.
Yeah, I get that. It just kind of sucks when the main criticism (and score/conclusion statement) essentially says it's biggest fault is being a Carmageddon game lol

Karu

Least favourite episode of the last eps or so for me personally.

Law's handling of the (read: every) situation simply doesn't dwell with Ben trying to "subtly" save him (Edit: Don't read this in a snarky voice, please :D). Glad Kyle didn't gave him his point of inspiration. Was therefore slightly annoyed by the last 20 mins or so.

Trial itself was entertaining.

Kansoku

I honestly don't see Law surviving next episode unless there's some Asspull from Ben or Huber rolls nat20 every roll he has to make.

Yeah a little annoyed that he once again forsaken the help that everyone gave him. Glad that the rest of the team are leaving the city. It's cool that we're getting some action though.

The loud booming at the end of the episode scared the shit out of me, holy shit.

mishakoz

Law (Huber) is entertaining but im tired of him sidetracking the story so much. Ben is a good DM and keeps trying to give him outs but he needs to take them.

Part of why D&D works is that people work together even if its not always 100% in support of their own character. Its funny, sure, but we are also missing interesting scenarios ahead.

Rockk

Huber just seems to want to play Hogger again. Which would be fine but it just doesn't make sense for this peaceful monk that was framed for the murder of "prince Ragnar" (title only). I was hoping that might come up during the trial and actually affect Laws thinking. Nut it's fine now though as the group has decided to ignore Law and just move on without him. Will be an interesting episode next week.

WarRock

So, I've been watching Kyle play the Heroes game... Damn, that's seems like such a fun game to mess around with a couple of friends. Mechanics seems to be well implemented - or at least enough to make Bosman feel like a mad genocidal God.

Neiteio

For me the main problem with NMS is that nothing of what they have shown of their moment-to-moment gameplay is interesting. You can shoot stuff. It looks like the dullest shooting mechanics imaginable. You can fly stuff. It doesn't look even remotely exciting. You can craft shit. I've been crafting shit in other games for years. I guess you can also make tunnels in the ground like Minecraft. And that's it. People have let their imaginations run wild at the prospect of the concept of space exploration, but frankly the fact is that you're exploring meaningless, randomly/procedurally generated crap. Personally, I don't care for randomly generated anything in games, much less the entire game being this way. I expect crushing disappointment for a lot of people.
Yep. This. So much this.

Nothing about NSM actually looks fun, mechanically. It may be an infinite universe, but if you take gameplay tantamount to watching paint dry, and multiply it by infinity... well, that doesn't make it more fun.

You're still watching paint dry.

Tankard

"I'm glad that we are able to tell such a compelling story about a dwarf with mental illness".
Lol, my favourite part of this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom