• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

They should probably revise the tiers to be completely honest. There's no reason for names to be shouted out on podcasts at that low a tier.

Not saying I backed for that purpose or insist on the names being read every month but $25 a month isn't exactly low if you plan to give that consistently. Plus it's a really special episode and a nice gesture to do it like that this once. I'd have backed at $50 for that respective reward but I'd feel horrible to scale back my contribution after a month or two because I couldn't or wouldn't want to afford it every month.

El-Suave

Ya, I would like GT live to come back too. With special guest and everything.
I guess it's not nice to ask guests do interview a garage.

That's what I'm hoping for once every few weeks when they can get a guest. The second podcast doesn't need to be a fixed topic/structure in my opinion. I also wouldn't worry about the garage. This whole industry started in garages, that's where the term garage developer comes from, also it looks good enough to me for now. Most industry people probably wouldn't mind, the Witcher guy showed up to a fancy awards show in a t-shirt of his own company ;).

ISee

So aehm... good morning 'n stuff.

Is the podcast 'still' not up or am I missing something on the patreon page?
(10$ tier upgraded from 5 for one month to help the initial funding, first time patreon and I'm not sure how it works).

Hasney

So aehm... good morning 'n stuff.

Is the podcast 'still' not up or am I missing something on the patreon page?
(10$ tier, first time patreon and I'm not sure how it works).

Not up. Brandon was doing production on it and reading all the names of the $25 and up tier, then Tweeted something about exporting it which showed only a 9 minute length and deleted the Tweet. Guessing there's issues!

Teething problems though, expected for a company that's only been in existence for 3 days. I imagine he's sleeping on his computer now.

ISee

Not up. Brandon was doing production on it and reading all the names of the $25 and up tier, then Tweeted something about exporting it which showed only a 9 minute length and deleted the Tweet. Guessing there's issues!

Teething problems though, expected for a company that's only been in existence for 3 days. I imagine he's sleeping on his computer now.

The look on his face must have been something special.

Spman2099

It is so painful waiting for it. Like, I am not angry, but I want to hear this SO bad.

Naturally now that everything's more transparent everyone has something to say about the process, the wait, what are they buying, how much does that costs, how much should they invest in this and that.
It's the new way of being an internet company in this day and age I guess, but I bet it may get scary really fast for them too. I want to believe in this community, let's try to stay on the right path here at least.

Hasney

Naturally now that everything's more transparent everyone has something to say about the process, the wait, what are they buying, how much does that costs, how much should they invest in this and that.
It's the new way of being an internet company in this day and age I guess, but I bet it may get scary really fast for them too. I want to believe in this community, let's try to stay on the right path here at least.

Looking at the comments on the equipment post, everyone generally seems really positive and pumped. The hardcore in the Twitch chat who are there when no streams are on are the same way. I think their positivity spreads out to the community for the most part, so that's pretty ace.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So, i´ve got the first 3.5 hours of last nights stream. It´s a .ts file, so i gotta convert it first before uploading to youtube.

PM´d farisr about it, if we could upload it on his SomeGameNews channel, with the rest of the streams.

Where can i watch it? Can't find it anywhere :S

Hasney

I'm so ready for this podcast, let it take the time it needs. First time outside the studio and all.

Yeah, and whatever this ends up being, it'll be improved upon next week with all the new equipment they bought, as well as likely the production process.

I don't mind any delays. I just want it to be good and now that it's been confirmed to be the same length as GT Time, I can finally shut up about it.

Dmax3901

I wonder what the hierarchy/pecking order is like now because technically no-ones the boss. Before Brandon and Blood kinda oversaw things which will probably continue but it's just interesting because there are no set roles per se.

Auctopus

The name reading thing should've just been for the first podcast, I'd been happy with that. Really uneccessary for anything beyond that.

Hasney

I wonder what the hierarchy/pecking order is like now because technically no-ones the boss. Before Brandon and Blood kinda oversaw things which will probably continue but it's just interesting because there are no set roles per se.

Brandon is still at the top and is the only full time member right now. I guess everything else depends on how it all plays out as they get other jobs and how much time commitment they can bring, but Brandon was saying everyone brings something to the table and Blood is the master of scheduling.
The name reading thing should've just been for the first podcast, I'd been happy with that. Really uneccessary for anything beyond that.

Well it's one a month, so it won't be needed on the next few at least.

Hasney

Most patreons that do something like that do a credit roll. They'll probably change it so that it's more like that, which is fair IMO.

Yeah, they pt it so Brandon specifically reads it out though. Probably can't change that without at least asking us. I'd be down for it, I only went in at my tier to show that level of support, I don't really care about my name being read out.

Although I will listen to the first time. I want to see how Brandons voice is after over 400 names.

UrbanRats

Not saying I backed for that purpose or insist on the names being read every month but $25 a month isn't exactly low if you plan to give that consistently. Plus it's a really special episode and a nice gesture to do it like that this once. I'd have backed at $50 for that respective reward but I'd feel horrible to scale back my contribution after a month or two because I couldn't or wouldn't want to afford it every month.

It's hard to come up with rewards, when so many people are involved.
It's easier when you have a limit of 6 or 8 slots.

However, personally i really see no point in having my name read, slowing whatever i want to watch down, to have them say "hey thanks UrbanRats!".
But as i said, i understand that there's only so much you can promise people, without it becoming even worse (locking shows behind paywall and such).

At the end of the day, people should mainly pledge for support, giving what they can and feel comfortable giving, for as long as they feel they can and want to (nobody is entitled to your money after all).
The pledge rewards of that kind, should just be a little extra.

El-Suave

Most patreons that do something like that do a credit roll. They'll probably change it so that it's more like that, which is fair IMO.

Probably, but GT was built on Brandon's voice, so I can see why he and patrons would think that the name being read by "the voice of Gametrailers" is a little more special than a credit roll. They also used it to incentivise people giving comments along with their GOTY pick at GT so they would maybe get read by Brandon. It's part of their brand.

Spman2099

I would prefer if they slipped people's names into an episode, or one of the shows, once and only once (only doing this a handful of times every episode). If they tried to make the names, like, easter eggs or something. That would make it fun for everyone. Ultimately more work, but fun nonetheless.

*edit* I just read my post over and I am starting to think that waiting for the podcast to drop is driving me insane.

Probably, but GT was built on Brandon's voice, so I can see why he and patrons would think that the name being read by "the voice of Gametrailers" is a little more special than a credit roll. They also used it to incentivise people giving comments along with their GOTY pick at GT so they would maybe get read by Brandon. It's part of their brand.
Yeah, and thats perfectly fine for the first month. Brandon has fulfilled that obligation. It's unreasonable to expect that again, I would say. I'm sure if asked, most people would say it's fine to just roll credits or whatever.

Yeah, and thats perfectly fine for the first month. Brandon has fulfilled that obligation. It's unreasonable to expect that again, I would say. I'm sure if asked, most people would say it's fine to just roll credits or whatever.

First time Patreon subs of $25 to be read out at the end of a podcast, from then on listed on a scrolling banner at the top or bottom during the show. I think that would be a good compromise.

But they should definitely ask the community first. Which thankfully they can do, quite easily.

Hasney

Wouldn't expect the podcast soon. It's 4am there.

They are probably sleeping.

Yeah, I'm guessing that Brandon either needed a hand with something and has to wait for them to wake up, or left it uploading to YT and went to bed/fell asleep at his computer.

Dragon Quest Heroes looks very charming, Ben did a good job streaming on his own too. Dat camera quality though lol

Ben is so sincere and real in his streams that you cannot help but love the guy^^ Him and Huber as headliners on some of these streams have made me a fan of twitch for the first time^^

Spman2099

Ben is so sincere and real in his streams that you cannot help but love the guy^^ Him and Huber as headliners on some of these streams have made me a fan of twitch for the first time^^

I hope Ben understands that he is super appreciated. Like, I am always super stoked to see Ben in any of the videos. Everything he says is so composed and well thought out. I love the Ben pause, where you can tell he is internally articulating the next thing he is about to say.

Huber is very vocal and entertaining, he has a bombastic personality, so he gets a lot of vocal support. Bosman and Jones are essentially the stars, they get lots of support. Ian is a rockstar and I am pretty sure knows it.

However, I worry that the other people, who don't spend as much time in front of the camera, think of themselves as playing second fiddle. I hope they know that they are all extremely valuable and would have been missed had they not joined EZA.

One of their best was the RE3 full playthrough, that was amazing!

Edit: ^ well said. Spread the ben love <3

Well, off to bed. Hopefully there will be a juicy 90+ minute podcast waiting for consumption when I awake.

I predict everyone at EZA will appear on the first podcast before going to a standard smaller lineup going forward.

Hasney

I hope they can deliver a steady stream of output. for reference: kindafunny put out 3,7 videos a day, since they started.

Not happening unless archived streams count. Even then, the podcast is coming out in one go for free people rather than spread out ;)

Hasney

kindafunny/kindafunnygames have 1653 Videos on youtube. they started 444 days ago.

Oh, that's counting the non games side. Really totally not happening then.

EDIT: Looking at the videos, it was Greg Millers personal channel before KindaFunny. That's 1653 videos since March 30th 2012. 0.98 videos per day.

timmyp53

I love the GT guys and hope they succeed. All I wanted to say is, that I think the bar for being an independent content creator on youtube/twitch is really high, regarding output.

I can agree there. 1-2 videos a day would be a good goal.

Sevyne

kindafunny/kindafunnygames have 1653 Videos on youtube. they started 444 days ago.

Because they split their podcasts into several videos over the week. Nothing wrong with that at all(it's mainly a drip feed to non-patreons), but it does pad the video count. Although EZA may want to consider something similar once everything is properly situated, as it's a good system IMO.

Szeth

Right now I assume their weekly youtube output would be Kyle, Huber, and Ian's respective shows, maybe Damiani's? Don't know what it is or how often it would come out. Then we have Kyle hosted podcast, Ben hosted podcast, DnD, Tuesday night group twitch stream, any of their full playthrough streams and lastly whatever other stream they deem worthy of an upload.

They should have enough for daily content right from the get go and we just gotta be patient and see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom