• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Kuo?
Did Moof escape the city?
Will the Ogre army form a third faction against the invading Nightingale/Orc/Troll army?

Also "feline celebrators" *could* use the illegal cat racetrack as a place to hide while the city is burned and looted.

MrMette

I really hope Ben doesn't go easy on Huber. I love Huber, but he's playing his character completely recklessly.

Yeah, it seems he wants to die. I never saw TTA, so I can't compare it, but it is insane how many times he just ignored all help from Ben as well as his party members. I don't really get it (and I love Huber as well, but I just don't understand the way he is playing the last couple of episodes, except if he just don't want to play law anymore). While I couldn't stop laughing for the last few episodes and I am enjoying it a lot, the way he plays is just a bit too much.

I am glad they left him behind to be honest. I would probably already left after he decided not to run away, before the trial (although I am glad they didn't as it was very funny after the decided to stay at the end of last episode and the trial itself).

These guys heard gun shots (?) and just continue on with the show lol. The US must be a crazy place. I would've jumped under a table and considered calling the cops in that situation.

Kasper

I hate to bet against the boys, but I hope Law dies. When Huber then rerolls hopefully it won't just be Hogger 3.0
...it probably will be, though

These guys heard gun shots (?) and just continue on with the show lol. The US must be a crazy place. I would've jumped under a table and considered calling the cops in that situation.

You can't be serious. And you must not have listened to what they said after the sound. lol...

wiibomb

The most recent Table Top Escapades. They hear a sudden fire work go off really close to the garage (probably neighbors). It was startlingly loud and actually fit the RP moment quite well lol

this... I was actually surpriced when I heard them.. "such fancy effects!"

Kasper

Not pleased at the idea of making changes to how bets are done just because one team is doing well. Finish the season and make your changes then if you must. In that case I'd say have the two teams be Kyle + person next to him and Brandon + person next to him so the guest seats can't whine about losing.

Not pleased at the idea of making changes to how bets are done just because one team is doing well. Finish the season and make your changes then if you must. In that case I'd say have the two teams be Kyle + person next to him and Brandon + person next to him so the guest seats can't whine about losing.

I haven't watched the podcast yet but there's still 5 months left in this "season" and there's next to no chance of a comeback, I'm perfectly fine with an early mercy kill.

Agreed that the teams should be Kyle w/ rotating seat vs Brandon w/ rotating seat though, I don't think Kyle and Brandon vs a rotating cast is interesting at all, you need some consistency on the other side.

Kasper

I haven't watched the podcast yet but there's still 5 months left in this "season" and there's next to no chance of a comeback, I'm perfectly fine with an early mercy kill.

Agreed that the teams should be Kyle w/ rotating seat vs Brandon w/ rotating seat though, I don't think Kyle and Brandon vs a rotating cast is interesting at all, you need some consistency on the other side.

A compromise could be to not have it be date based at all but rather have it be "first team to 15/20/whatever" points wins, so no one is ever truly out of the race, no matter if it takes the minimum amount of weeks to win or the maximum amount of weeks. Then there will also never be the unfortunate situation of a team not being able to catch up at any point because there's only 3 weeks left of the year and they're 7 points behind.

Then when the season is over, some team got enough points to take the cup, the winning team gets "something" (werehogs, a trophy, whatever) and a new season starts with the team setup altered (new permanent guests assigned to Kyle and Brandon).

-----

Edit: I hope this is one of the few times where Kyle will chime in here on GAF. I think it's important that the bets gets properly sorted out one way or the other, rather than some hastily decided upon patchwork solution.

"I believe that videogames are better when things like this exists" - Kyle Bosman

This has to be on FFXV boxart, or those pics with all the review comments.

Almost gave me chills.
That whole moment was beautiful. Love Kyle. The Last Guardian segment was touching as well.

Rockk

A compromise could be to not have it be date based at all but rather have it be "first team to 15/20/whatever" points wins, so no one is ever truly out of the race, no matter if it takes the minimum amount of weeks to win or the maximum amount of weeks. Then there will also never be the unfortunate situation of a team not being able to catch up at any point because there's only 3 weeks left of the year and they're 7 points behind.

Then when the season is over, some team got enough points to take the cup, the winning team gets "something" (werehogs, a trophy, whatever) and a new season starts with the team setup altered (new permanent guests assigned to Kyle and Brandon).

-----

Edit: I hope this is one of the few times where Kyle will chime in here on GAF. I think it's important that the bets gets properly sorted out one way or the other, rather than some hastily decided upon patchwork solution.

This is exactly what I came to post. First to 15 points seems like a fair compromise. Just need to settle what the winning team gets. maybe something silly like letting them choose the tiebreaker method for the next season.

also I really like Brandon + Jones vs Guests. But mixing it up and trying new things is fine.

Lexad

What would be interesting as another go round would be having Team Kyle and Team Brandon.

The other 6 guests are put into one camp (either picking or random) and each week a guest from each team is brought in. This could get difficult because of schedules and if for whatever reason all 3 of Team Kyle can't make it but I think it would be cool to see

Not a huge fan of the pod this week but they can't all be 💯. Frankly I just wanted to see more discussion about what they thought of Pokemon Go as an actual game their likes and dislikes and what they hope to see in the future. The Warner Bros segment was cool but it's one of those topics that's missing something because a huge part of the story isn't there (I'm guessing the PewDiePie stuff broke after the recording).

WaterAstro

Not a huge fan of the pod this week but they can't all be 💯. Frankly I just wanted to see more discussion about what they thought of Pokemon Go as an actual game their likes and dislikes and what they hope to see in the future. The Warner Bros segment was cool but it's one of those topics that's missing something because a huge part of the story isn't there (I'm guessing the PewDiePie stuff broke after the recording).

Discussing about playing a game is for Frame Trap. The Podcast is about news.

I'm glad they straightened out the facts about Niantic doing everything and Nintendo doing almost nothing.

Karu

I'm glad they straightened out the facts about Niantic doing everything and Nintendo doing almost nothing.
EA does technically nothing for the quality of Battlefield. No one cares. The need to tell everyone that Nintendo does nothing in regards to Pokemon Go is weird to me. They own what, 30% of the TPC? That makes them certainly a viable part of the partnership, regardless how much they took part in development, which they of course hadnt at all. ( Could be wrong) That's certainly not small. Is they attribution to the current success of GO unbalanced? Probably. Would be GO anywhere near as successful without the license? No chance in hell.

Also, Kyle's questioning whether or not FE and AC could replicate Pokemon Go's success was weird to me, though they gladly somewhat sorted it out during the segment. Maybe 0.00001 of Apps out there have the chance to be as successful (even for half a week as Go currently) and just because you aren't as successful, that doesn't mean it's suddenly a failure. Ian made a good point in that regard.

Just thought they entry points for discussion where a bit off, still a good, entertaining segment in the end, though.

One thing I can agree upon: The app is trash, lol.

WaterAstro

EA does technically nothing for the quality of Battlefield. No one cares. The need to tell everyone that Nintendo does nothing in regards to Pokemon Go is weird to me. They own what, 30% of the TPC? That makes them certainly a viable part of the partnership, regardless how much they took part in development, which they of course hadnt at all. ( Could be wrong) That's certainly not small. Is they attribution to the current success of GO unbalanced? Probably. Would be GO anywhere near as successful without the license? No chance in hell.

Also, Kyle's questioning whether or not FE and AC could replicate Pokemon Go's success was weird to me, though they gladly somewhat sorted it out during the segment. Maybe 0.00001 of Apps out there have the chance to be as successful (even for half a week as Go currently) and just because you aren't as successful, that doesn't mean it's suddenly a failure. Ian made a good point in that regard.

Just thought they entry points for discussion where a bit off, still a good, entertaining segment in the end, though.

One thing I can agree upon: The app is trash, lol.

Wut? DICE is EA.

Chuck

Still without luck

Frame Trap just needs better hosting and the two casts would work beautifully together.

And Nintendo still owns a large stake in TPC so it was a bit silly for Kyle to imply that the stocks being effected were from ignorant shareholders, lol.

What piediepie stuff? The shit people were throwing his way weren't even true.

WaterAstro

Frame Trap just needs better hosting and the two casts would work beautifully together.

And Nintendo still owns a large stake in TPC so it was a bit silly for Kyle to imply that the stocks being effected were from ignorant shareholders, lol.

They are ignorant shareholders.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
What would be interesting as another go round would be having Team Kyle and Team Brandon.

The other 6 guests are put into one camp (either picking or random) and each week a guest from each team is brought in. This could get difficult because of schedules and if for whatever reason all 3 of Team Kyle can't make it but I think it would be cool to see

I thought for a long time about how to incentivize each person to want to win the bets, and since I can't control who sits in the middle on any given week, what we have now is really the only solution. I'm not against stopping at 15 though. I think that could be a cool idea if I come up with something interesting to shame the Green Lizards.

In regards to the Nintendo thing, maybe this wasn't clearly communicated, but I believe you buy into a stock when you think the company will grow. Pokémon Go is not possibly replicable. Nintendo's own apps will not perform nearly as well. If you're an investor who thinks this app Nintendo didn't make is going to change everything for Nintendo, I think you're buying in for the wrong reasons. You should buy in because the NX will change the world.

Also, EA publishes Battlefield; Nintendo does not publish Pokémon Go. Weird analogy.

Finally, I don't think the fact that Pewdiepie confirmed that he put "sponsored by Warner Brother"(it still just says one brother) in the description that can only be read if you click "Show More" would have changed our conversation at all. I think we (and the FTC) agreed that you have to be more overt than that.

WaterAstro

Exactly, and The Pokemon Company is the publisher of Pokemon Go and so Nintendo is inherently also the publisher of Go.

Two things.

They made a mistake with the publisher. The publisher is Niantic. They self-published.
Neither iTunes or Play store show a separation of developer and publisher, so there's no information there.

Battlefield games are not developed exclusively at DICE. There is a worldwide effort at EA to make Battlefield games, especially with QA, licensing, music, online. DICE does not make Battlefield by themselves. Also, they are an EA company where Niantic is not a Nintendo or The Pokemon Company company.

MrMette

They work beautifully together already imo. I think Ben does a great job hosting Frame Trap (and the last Q&A as well). I really enjoy both equally and I enjoy them a lot, they are my favorite shows (after TTE).

Axass

Love the character, but Law has to go.

Huber just needs to roll a new character, it'll be fine. Just don't make it another impulsive fool...

I do feel that's what he likes to RP though.

Ben is a masterful host.

llehuty

FRU, a kinect game released this week, needs to be in a goup stream. Some jolly quality coop possibilities. (One does the shapes and other controls the character).

giphy.gif

Guerrilla

FRU, a kinect game released this week, needs to be in a goup stream. Some jolly quality coop possibilities. (One does the shapes and other controls the character).

giphy.gif

this game looks so awesome, might play it with my gf on the weekend. I think I might get her to play a game for once with this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom