• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
|EZOT| Bets: Who's gonna win that final showdown?

Kyle has the experience, but I'm not loving his lineup. Plus, no one likes grinding like Brandon likes grinding. Might have to go with Jones for this one.

Brandon, since Kyle thinks he knows what Pokemon are on Jones' team...but they're not. He's got the mind games down.
Hey guys, i currently have a Digglet on my team! *camera footage shows Clefable in his party*.

Tankard

I voted Last Action Hero for the Power Stone 2 Grand prize. It's an incredibly underrated film and has one of the best soundtracks ever.

sora87

I enjoyed it, it's gonna be hilarious when they do a raid. But yeah, might work better as a stream? It's cool seeing different perspectives of everyone but not necessary.

Burt

Yeah, Eorzean Allies didn't really do it for me, but if other people are into it, more power to 'em. I do think that having a show centered around an online game that can accommodate more than two of them at once in co-op is a good idea in terms of both content and logistics, but watching an MMO I don't play is a little.. ehh. But, outside of games like Ark and Minecraft, it's hard to think of something else that would work in an MMOs place. Maybe they could get some mileage out of Tabletop Simulator?

Anyway, am I correct in assuming that they didn't get a prerelease copy of I Am Setsuna?

Yea. Tried the first episode. On paper I think this could become a cool MMO like co-op show but as the pilot and whatnot it didn't click for me yet. I played wow for years and years with raiding. Been super curious of FF14 for a while but it was a bit tough to follow? I dunno. I do see this becoming really cool with raids or big quest limes later. I'll stick with it and see where it leads. Cool idea and I like they keep exploring new things.

The BPP episode is wonderful. Remembering my on og Pokémon playthrough and when I found the power plant. I react to the experiences of Jones like Kyle lol. It's great.

Relatively hardcore FF14 player here, so I really enjoyed Eorzean Allies. I do agree, however, that it may well need some kind of hook to appeal to viewers who do not play the game or have much MMO knowledge. I don't know what that could be, outside of maybe taking a complete newbie into the game from the very beginning and seeing their reactions, or perhaps making something more of the "Easy Allies go on adventures in Eorzea!" angle (like a FF14 version of Tabletop) than just playing through the dungeons. Hell, maybe Damiani could do some lore videos or something. I hope they figure something out, as I know a lot of the Allies are big fans of the game and I'd love them to keep exploring it in videos.

On that note, I resubbed to the game at last. Keep meaning to shoot Damiani a message to join the EZA free company but he's never online when I am lol. Curse not being able to search for offline players!

Yo, after watching this week BPP, if i play red/blue/yello on the VC on my 3DS, i get to transfer those Pokemon to Sun and Moon? No Pokebank or funny business? Cause if so, i´m buying tonight.

Kneefoil

Yo, after watching this week BPP, if i play red/blue/yello on the VC on my 3DS, i get to transfer those Pokemon to Sun and Moon? No Pokebank or funny business? Cause if so, i´m buying tonight.

I think it might have to be done through the Pokémon Bank, although there hasn't been an update that allows you to do that quite yet.

Axass

I'm glad Damiani's pitching new things, but the FFXIV video didn't really click with me. I can list three main reasons:

1 - I know nothing of MMO, much less of FFXIV. They should definitely explain stuff as they go on, so that they can hook people like me, I couldn't understand a thing of what was happening.

2 - MMOs are apparently very boring to watch. The dungeon felt very samey and battles amount to a very confusing mess of colors and effects,with characters and enemies jerking around awkwardly.

3 - There wasn't that much interaction within the group. Many silences and Damiani carrying most of the stream by himself.

Did the Lalafel say his name was 'Garam Masala'? If so 10/10 for that name.

I'll also agree that MMOs are generally kind of uninteresting to watch if you don't know what's going on. I was able to enjoy the video because I played through FFXIV to the level cap, but I can imagine how the average viewer might not get as much out of it.

MrMette

Maybe I didn't give it a proper chance as I stopped watching after 5 minutes to start again and stop again after 2 more minutes, but it didn't click with me either.

That said, I don't mind them producing this show as I am sure there are people who really enjoy it. I think the idea is good, I just don't play MMO games and apparently I don't really care to watch the combat either.

However, if they like playing the game and producing this content, they should just go ahead and keep creating it. They should create the content they want to create and if some of the shows are not 100% my cup of tea, that's fine with me. I will watch the hours of their content each week which I do love.

sora87

Really enjoyed Huber and Brad's LttP streams, had a nice GT-era feel about it, streams are always the best when there's 2 or more people on them

Philippo

Jusr caught up with the latest Brandon Plays Pkmn episode.

I knew that Kyle would throw Jones that Uno/Dos bait.

What's really hilarious though is how Brandon chose Team Valor without realizing by what pokémon teams are represented lol.

Kasper

Really enjoyed Huber and Brad's LttP streams, had a nice GT-era feel about it, streams are always the best when there's 2 or more people on them

I much prefer solo streams myself. The only ones I consistently watch are Dumb Game Monday and Bos v Woz.

Hasney

I much prefer solo streams myself. The only ones I consistently watch are Dumb Game Monday and Bos v Woz.

Bosman solo streams are good, but they were so much better at GT when Huber or Brad used to show up randomly and join him for Dumb Game Monday.

Box V Woz is a god-tier solo stream though. Such a great idea.

Kasper

Bosman solo streams are good, but they were so much better at GT when Huber or Brad used to show up randomly and join him for Dumb Game Monday.

Box V Woz is a god-tier solo stream though. Such a great idea.

Lately I've been watching some of the old Dumb Game Monday games that I missed the first time around and while I enjoy others popping in, to me there's just something about Kyle on his own that I prefer over any other combination. I doubt that's the opinion of the majority, though, but to me Kyle really shines when he's isolated :p

I enjoy the banter, so many funny moments and in-jokes came from the GT streams.

Ah, that's where we differ, then. I do enjoy the banter, but I mostly do not enjoy the repeated in-jokes and meme-like humor that sometimes occur. But that's just a taste thing, I can see why you'd prefer team streams if that's your thing.

Hasney

Lately I've been watching some of the old Dumb Game Monday games that I missed the first time around and while I enjoy others popping in, to me there's just something about Kyle on his own that I prefer over any other combination. I doubt that's the opinion of the majority, though, but to me Kyle really shines when he's isolated :p

I do slightly agree. I don't know if it's his stage work/improv training, but he knows how to work the chat more then anyone while playing. I think Ben is close to as good though and Huber tries.... But he gets too absotbed in the game he's playing, which can be as good of a thing.

Kasper

I do slightly agree. I don't know if it's his stage work/improv training, but he knows how to work the chat more then anyone while playing. I think Ben is close to as good though and Huber tries.... But he gets too absotbed in the game he's playing, which can be as good of a thing.

I think Ben is really, really good when it comes to chat interaction, while Kyle has that flair for showmanship, which in different ways make them work well for solo streams.

Hasney

I think the interaction the chat has with Ben could be taken for granted on a JRPG, but when it's as good on Doom or Ninja Garden, it does need to be commended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom