• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

ito007

I'm so hyped for next week's tabletop. Laws stand is going to be crazy but I'm interested to see what the other three do. It's amazing how a quest with so much potential got buried the more they involved themselves in the city lol. Now they're escaping for their lives

my only question is how the story will continue with Huber by himself? I'm not super big into DnD but I always thought the group usually sticks together? The way the story is going, if Law doesn't die he's pretty much never running into his old pals again.

You mean the thing you actively pined for? Or is this a joke. It's hard to read you sometimes

yeah, sorry, that was a joke.

Burt

I'm so hyped for next week's tabletop. Laws stand is going to be crazy but I'm interested to see what the other three do. It's amazing how a quest with so much potential got buried the more they involved themselves in the city lol. Now they're escaping for their lives

p7pMr6.gif

Pretty much sums up Law's existence

Except I guess he would have his arms up to greet the steamroller, not tell it to stop

Hasney

Petition for Ians newest song on Easy Update to be played during all server finding in all games going forward.

Signed: Hasney

Kneefoil

my only question is how the story will continue with Huber by himself? I'm not super big into DnD but I always thought the group usually sticks together? The way the story is going, if Law doesn't die he's pretty much never running into his old pals again.

Usually groups stick together, but separation isn't extremely rare in the games I've seen and heard about. Eventually they'll regroup when the DM introduces story reasons for them to go to the same location.

But with Huber being as unpredictable as he is, who knows if Ben can pull that one off.

Hasney

Great Easy Update, fun game for a video, but good god, I'm glad that Griddle isn't even 2 hours away from me. I think I'd be diabetic.

ito007

yeah, sorry, that was a joke.
As mentioned before, it's encouraged to stick together but you certainly don't have to. I'm currently DMing a campaign where all 4 party members were separated for a session actually. It's generally encouraged if the RP leads to that situation naturally, but as a player, why would you? It's kind of like going to an amusement park with friends only to ride separate rides

As mentioned before, it's encouraged to stick together but you certainly don't have to. I'm currently DMing a campaign where all 4 party members were separated for a session actually. It's generally encouraged if the RP leads to that situation naturally, but as a player, why would you? It's kind of like going to an amusement park with friends only to ride separate rides

only huber makes that choice then :^)

1st rule of D&D, don't separate the party

It's better if the party is together, but it's not an absolute must. Respecting and responding to player decisions is more important. As someone else mentioned, if the roleplaying leads there naturally, sometimes that's just how things roll.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Just watched Damiani's E3 demo of Zelda:BoW. Hype levels are over 9000.

DMiz

Just watched Damiani's E3 demo of Zelda:BoW. Hype levels are over 9000.

One of the best pieces of content regarding Zelda AND from E3! Really glad that the team did this. It was really interesting and engaging to listen to Damiani talk about the demo and the decisions he made from a gameplay perspective as well.

Hope that they get to do more things like that for future E3s.

Bloods got a gameboy player for GCN right? (was used to stream Links Awakening?)

Would love to see a Jones plays Pokemon live stream, maybe after he's beat the elite 4 and explores the post game dungeon....although no way chat would behave themselves for that surprise.

EDIT, forgot these were 3DS versions emulating. Doh.

Lexad

It's better if the party is together, but it's not an absolute must. Respecting and responding to player decisions is more important. As someone else mentioned, if the roleplaying leads there naturally, sometimes that's just how things roll.

That's true, my DM has heavily hinted at staying together when we play (we are newer to D&D) and I am inclined to agree. We separated once and came close to several characters dying

Great episode of Brandon Plays Pokemon, I'm looking forward to next week.

Watching them trade reminds me of something though. You could dupe Pokemon in the original Red/Blue if you pulled the cable out mid-trade, is that still possible in the 3DS emulated versions or have they patched up that hole?

Brandon Plays Pokémon is a fantastic show. It's fairly unique, Kyle is a good moderator and it works well, because Brandon is okay with not knowing things and learn them from the game (or not). Have they hinted at where the show is going from here? I got to episode 6 and they mentioned something about taking a break for the next season, I think. Anything else?

Ruruja

Brandon Plays Pokémon is a fantastic show. It's fairly unique, Kyle is a good moderator and it works well, because Brandon is okay with not knowing things and learn them from the game (or not). Have they hinted at where the show is going from here? I got to episode 6 and they mentioned something about taking a break for the next season, I think. Anything else?

Said it's gonna end around 10, maybe 11.

Brandon said he doesn't really want to do one with Sun because of the time-pressure experienced of having to play Red for the weekly show.

Said it's gonna end around 10, maybe 11.

Brandon said he doesn't really want to do one with Sun because of the time-pressure experienced of having to play Red for the weekly show.

While it's a shame, I absolutely understand where Brandon is coming from. Having to play a big RPG like that for a weekly show can be a lot of pressure, even if it's a fun game.

I also didn't expect him to jump right into Sun/Moon, because I thought the changes from Gen1 would be too big. Maybe HG/SS instead.

Anyway. It's a great concept for a show and I hope they'll pick up on it, although I can't think of many games that would work for me as well as Pokémon Red/Blue. Nostalgia plays a huge part in it and I probably wouldn't be interested in a series about, lets say, Deus Ex (or at least not initially).

Burt

|EZOT| Bets: Who's gonna win that final showdown?

Kyle has the experience, but I'm not loving his lineup. Plus, no one likes grinding like Brandon likes grinding. Might have to go with Jones for this one.

Ruruja

Anyway. It's a great concept for a show and I hope they'll pick up on it, although I can't think of many games that would work for me as well as Pokémon Red/Blue. Nostalgia plays a huge part in it and I probably wouldn't be interested in a series about, lets say, Deus Ex (or at least not initially).

Yeah, I was thinking of other games I'd love for them to do. I can only think of FF7 as the other biggy, but I'm pretty sure he's played it.

dickroach

|EZOT| Bets: Who's gonna win that final showdown?

Kyle has the experience, but I'm not loving his lineup. Plus, no one likes grinding like Brandon likes grinding. Might have to go with Jones for this one.

Brandon's gonna win. the Red Eagles are up by 10 because of him. hot streak

Kneefoil

Yeah, I was thinking of other games I'd love for them to do. I can only think of FF7 as the other biggy, but I'm pretty sure he's played it.
He has played FF7 (for a couple of hours, I think), but didn't like it and never finished it. He loved FF6, though.

If they were to do a Someone Plays Final Fantasy, I would hope that it would be FF1 for purely selfish reasons. I actually haven't properly played any Final Fantasies myself, but I want to start with 1 and see where it all started before I delve into any of the newer ones. EZA doing a show like BPP about the game would finally get me playing, I think. I've been meaning to do it for years now.

Speaking of Final Fantasy, the first FF14 video is supposed to go up today, right? I missed the stream where they showed it.

Curious to see if Kyle really pumps his roster up for Jones to be the ultimate final boss, or if he's deliberately not going too crazy for the sake of the content to complete Jones' story

Would love to see him just destroy Jones, no mercy

If they were to do a Someone Plays Final Fantasy, I would hope that it would be FF1 for purely selfish reasons. I actually haven't properly played any Final Fantasies myself, but I want to start with 1 and see where it all started before I delve into any of the newer ones. EZA doing a show like BPP about the game would finally get me playing, I think. I've been meaning to do it for years now.

Speaking of Final Fantasy, the first FF14 video is supposed to go up today, right? I missed the stream where they showed it.

I'd rather recommend watching the Retrospective they did on Final Fantasy than playing FF1.

dickroach

I'd rather recommend watching the Retrospective they did on Final Fantasy than playing FF1.

there's no reason to play FF1 anymore, it's 2016. the only way that game is bearable is with an emulator and a fast-forward button, and even then it's still too grindy

start with 6.

Burt

Curious to see if Kyle really pumps his roster up for Jones to be the ultimate final boss, or if he's deliberately not going too crazy for the sake of the content to complete Jones' story

Would love to see him just destroy Jones, no mercy

That'd be great, if he just threw those pokemon out there as a decoy and actually ends up using a legendary team to give Jones the ultimate test

Plus an ekans. Gotta have that Wrap.

Kneefoil

there's no reason to play FF1 anymore, it's 2016. the only way that game is bearable is with an emulator and a fast-forward button, and even then it's still too grindy

start with 6.

Eh, I'm used to old grindy RPGs, and I like them all right. I've just managed to dodge FF somehow. If it feel like it's too much though, there's also the option of playing the GBA/PSP versions, which I'm sure have been modernized in some ways to make the game more bearable.

Comet

start with 6.

The PSP remake played wonderfully when I played it a few years ago.

WarRock

FF1 is fine, wtf. There are plenty of newer versions, from the GBA up, with faster gameplay and less grind.

Anyway, godlike intro song for Easy Update this week. Great episode as usual too,"I can calibrate mics all day" hahahaah. Didn't know there was another game based on echolocation besides Perception.

Also, no Fatburger plug!

dickroach

make a LOUD noise.
EZUp was great.

also with FF1.... it's just so.... barebones and dull compared to >5
like, I love the Mother series, but I would never tell anyone to play Mother 1 unless they really enjoyed playing EB and Mother 3. FF is especially you do not need to play in sequential order, and the later games are CLEARLY better and less likely to turn someone off of the series

Great episode of Brandon Plays Pokemon, I'm looking forward to next week.

Watching them trade reminds me of something though. You could dupe Pokemon in the original Red/Blue if you pulled the cable out mid-trade, is that still possible in the 3DS emulated versions or have they patched up that hole?

The easiest dupe method was to move your pokemon around in the PC (withdraw or deposit I don't remember) and turn off the system while it was saving. It would exist in both places then.

Kasper

also with FF1.... it's just so.... barebones and dull compared to >5
like, I love the Mother series, but I would never tell anyone to play Mother 1 unless they really enjoyed playing EB and Mother 3. FF is especially you do not need to play in sequential order, and the later games are CLEARLY better and less likely to turn someone off of the series

I agree completely. While I enjoyed FF1 as a kid, it's not the one I'd recommend people to play if they want to learn what Final Fantasy is all about and hopefully like the series. It's by no means a bad game, it's just very of its time and something you might as well get to later if you like one of the latter entries like 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom