• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if it's there or not yet. Digital Foundry are saying the X1 in the dev kits is overclocked already and may just be a placeholder for the Pascal-based X2, which would be double the performance and above the XB1/PS4.
I would like that. But the way they talked at E3 and their Mo for profits over power, I'm very skeptical.

Also look for a superior HW revision in the first year or two. Like all their handhelds since the GBA

Hasney

I would like that. But the way they talked at E3 and their Mo for profits over power, I'm very skeptical.

Also look for a superior HW revision in the first year or two. Like all their handhelds since the GBA

Yeah my only counter to that is that NVidia would likely be selling the X2's at around the same price and wanting to stop making X1's as it's only the Shield TV and Pixel C that uses it.

I'm wondering if Nvidia made a deal to get their online game streaming tech in there for slightly lower priced chips. They've wanted to get in the living room so long and while Nintendo doesn't have the audience it used to, its still got more than the Shield.

Nvidia are making these chips once every 1 or 2 years so yeah, count on it no matter what chip is in there.

wiibomb

All this NX info... I can't wait for the podcast!

This is the first time an Nvidia CPU manages to get into the hardcore gaming market right? I mean, dedicated companies to produce games en masse to supply the world, not just tablets with media focus.

Yeah my only counter to that is that NVidia would likely be selling the X2's at around the same price and wanting to stop making X1's as it's only the Shield TV and Pixel C that uses it.

I'm wondering if Nvidia made a deal to get their online game streaming tech in there for slightly lower priced chips. They've wanted to get in the living room so long and while Nintendo doesn't have the audience it used to, its still got more than the Shield.

Nvidia are making these chips once every 1 or 2 years so yeah, count on it no matter what chip is in there.

I don't think there would be another NX console sold with a X2, while the X2 processors are similar, they are different, they don't usually do that ever. If they include the X1, then at most there will be an slightly updated X1 four or five years down the line, but all consoles remain at X1.

Ultimadrago

b56f48f0d2.png

Fuck. Kyle's gonna need some "Heart of the Cards" if that's his main team.

Thats not Kyles real team. At least thats what he said.

Oh, thank goodness.

All this NX info... I can't wait for the podcast!

This is the first time an Nvidia CPU manages to get into the hardcore gaming market right? I mean, dedicated companies to produce games en masse to supply the world, not just tablets with media focus.

I don't think there would be another NX console sold with a X2, while the X2 processors are similar, they are different, they don't usually do that ever. If they include the X1, then at most there will be an slightly updated X1 four or five years down the line, but all consoles remain at X1.
They really, really need to launch with the X2.

E: should note, if they are planning on the X2, AND the X2 is using the new 16nm process ala the 1080 (welcome to 'elf makes assumptions'), that might be the real explanation for the delay to 2017.

wiibomb

the allies are really waiting on another NX console with more power??? (they just said it on the stream) stop thinking that... Nintendo doesn't care about having the max power, they never do since the gamecube

Ray Down

Banned
the allies are really waiting on another NX console with more power??? (they just said it on the stream) stop thinking that... Nintendo doesn't care about having the max power, they never do since the gamecube

Well they would want it to get decent 3rd party support(mainly from western publishers and maybe big SE games not DQ), but with the power they have now....

Okay, so I rewatched the Vive part and I think they bought it themselves rather than someone sending it. Misunderstood earlier as I tuned in literally as they were showing the Vive.

Wow, they just received a Vive.

Edit: I missed the start, anyone know if it was HTC who sent them it or a fan?

It was from a fan overseas.

It's so hard to understand what people are saying half the time in group streams, mainly the back row. :(

A lot of that stuff is just people having side conversations. We try to curb it, but people are just hanging out.

Nintendo specifically talked about the NX being a platform with multiple hardware configurations, long before we started hearing rumbling of the new versions of the PS4 and Xbox One. Saying that they won't offer a version with more capability just because they took that strategy with the Wii is just an assumption. They are restructuring their development teams and adopting an entirely new strategy for the NX. I think that there is some merit to the recent reports, but I think it's far from a complete picture of what the NX will be, and there are likely some details that will change in development.

Well they would want it to get decent 3rd party support(mainly from western publishers and maybe big SE games not DQ), but with the power they have now....

I still don't know why so many people have this fantastical expectation that that would not only happen, but be successful, especially after the Wii U got Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed and no-one bought them. Fact is, Nintendo ditched that market a full decade ago, trying to get back into it and compete with Sony and Microsoft would be exceedingly difficulty and expensive. And really, who's interested in those kind of games and doesn't already have a PS4, Xbone or PC?

Assuming Eurogamer are on the mark and everything else checks out (good price, region free, good account system, etc) then the NX will probably be my first Nintendo console since the Gamecube. It won't be at launch (I never get consoles at launch) but somewhere down the line when it has enough games I'm interested in.

ito007

Just watched frame trap.

Let me say this about sonic generations. You don't have to love that game, but you cannot tell me that you don't feel great after completing modern rooftop run. The music, world, and "boost" gameplay comes together in the best way. I want the world to play this level. It just feels so good.

Oh and of course it happens to be the level from sonic unleashed.

Nintendo specifically talked about the NX being a platform with multiple hardware configurations, long before we started hearing rumbling of the new versions of the PS4 and Xbox One. Saying that they won't offer a version with more capability just because they took that strategy with the Wii is just an assumption. They are restructuring their development teams and adopting an entirely new strategy for the NX. I think that there is some merit to the recent reports, but I think it's far from a complete picture of what the NX will be, and there are likely some details that will change in development.

Multiple people like Jeff from Giant Bomb and jason from kotaku said that they heard about the NX being just the handheld that can output to a TV before but didnt had enough to post a story about it, other people are saying the same thing too. And it makes sense , Nintendo no longer has a place in the home console market and they have always done better with their handhelds, this is a compromise to give an option to the people that want to play on a TV .

I think this hybrid thing is the smartest thing they could have done, making a new home console would have been a fool's errand, people already have a PS4/Xbone and those will be even cheaper next year when NEO and Scorpio arrive next year.

cm osi

Okay, so I rewatched the Vive part and I think they bought it themselves rather than someone sending it. Misunderstood earlier as I tuned in literally as they were showing the Vive.

edit: nevermind saw that

When was the Vive thing? I watched them opening presents, and didn't see it.

00:34

it probably was delivered that moment without package so it didn't have the "surprise" effect for the gift part

Ruruja

With Brandon not playing Gold/Silver, I feel Kyle should tell him about
the battle against Red
. That was a great moment in the game.

TABLETOP

Witness Law´s fate (i hope it´s resolved today lol)

Edit: 1 minute in, Law´s first line
MEN, READY THE KATAPULT AGAIN! Is, is he going to do what i think he´s going to do? Is, is he going to launch himself at the troll?

Edit 2;
AHAHAHAHA, i knew it. Huber´s crazy.

Philippo

On one side i don't like Huber as a DnD player because he looses himself around too much, but on the other side he's so committed to what he does you can only love him.
The cannonball madman.

Solobbos

Newest TTE spoilers:

I really wish Huber would create a more down to earth character in this campaign. If Pomper (is that right?) will be the same kind of impulsive nut job that Law and Hogger were, I'm going to be disappointed. It seems like Huber doesn't even try to play along with Ben's campaign, he's just trying to improvise in the edges of the lore as much as he can. I love Huber to death, but his RP'ing style doesn't suit great with me. Law had his moments, sure, but towards the end Law's shenaningans got ridiculous.

By the way Ben, I really envy your DMing skills, you made the whole battle scene feel alive and full of action, but still the story went on nicely. You are a damn talented DM!

Hasney

Huber is the best in TTE for sure, but man, Ian and Bosmans instincts in this one with the missile and the illusion were so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom