• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I bet most of EZA is down on the NX tonight.

I can't exactly blame them. Even if it is a Pascal based chip, it sounds like a bummer and once again I'm paying for a screen I have no interest in using.

Don't mind the specs as much, but I'd much rather save money and just buy a home console.

Damiani vs. Kyle, who will be the one true king of trolls

NX discussion will surely decide

The bad thing about news breaking beforehand is they're gonna wanna talk about it during the stream but they can't because they're saving it lol

Huber's gonna be bummed out if it's basically a fancy portable. It's a shame we just had Blood on the podcast, because I think he usually offers unexpected positives to stories like this. Maybe Damiani?

Its just not in Nintendo's best interest to keep losing money on the home console market.

Loved all the discussions in the new Frame Trap ep. Letting it be over two hours long helped the topics breath in a way that I don't think the prior episodes had been able to for a while. Ben and the crew delivered!

Ok I thought it'd be funny if Kyle beat Jones in their battle before, but after Jones saying he needs to win for the sake of the series....

I want Kyle to crush him

"So there's a rumor that the NX is exactly what it was rumored to be."
"yo check my post history I called it!!! no one believed me!!"

Ultimadrago

I'm rooting for Kyle, as always. Though it would suck if his team was the equivalent of a feeble Weevil going against Jones' 70 Charizard.

I noted the comments section where people say Jones should blame himself for leveling too much. Agreed and disagreed. There are simply not enough great Pokemon teams throughout the series up to today that are built wisely with actual synergy for the story opponents. No need to withold your own strength over that fact.

The biggest advantage the NX will have is that it will finally bring back all of Nintendo's developers under one roof. Even 3rd parties, even though they still are developing for an unconventional platform, only need to develop for one unconventional platform rather than 2. So the next Lego game doesn't need a 3DS version as well, it could just be on NX.

Also the next Pokemon after Sun and Moon will be on NX and you can play it on the go and at home on the same system, and before that wouldn't have counted as a release for those that only owned their home console. So they are more able to plug holes in their release schedule by combining handheld and home console.

Also hope they bet on the price. I'm going $249. I think they price this thing to move, and the specs I don't think will wow anyone. I think they are embracing the Nintendo game delivery device narrative and will be trying to get this into as many hands as possible to do that. The screen worries me though, and makes me think it may creep to $299.

Kneefoil

Ok I thought it'd be funny if Kyle beat Jones in their battle before, but after Jones saying he needs to win for the sake of the series....

I want Kyle to crush him

I kinda do too, as unlikely as that may be. I already said my piece on the EZA forums about why I think Jones was wrong when he said that he needs to win for the sake of the series. I guess I can copy/paste here too though.

I think Brandon is wrong about the ending being bad for viewers if he loses (which is pretty unlikely at this point, anyway). Brandon losing would just go to show that there's still more for him to learn about Pokémon, and that his Pokémon journey does not end with him becoming the champion or this game. It's going to continue with Sun & Moon, even though they won't make a show like this about it.

Bosman really should get a Mewtwo and a legendary bird for his team. For some reason, I have a feeling that he would rather use his own non-legendary party of weirdos, though. I'm kind of the same way, but the legendary Pokémon would at least give him a better shot at beating Jones.

Burt

I kinda do too, as unlikely as that may be. I already said my piece on the EZA forums about why I think Jones was wrong when he said that he needs to win for the sake of the series. I guess I can copy/paste here too though.

Bosman's gonna show up with like 4 Farfetch'd, a Ditto, and a Mewtwo.

dickroach

Bosman's gonna show up with like 4 Farfetch'd, a Ditto, and a Mewtwo.

ha! I was thinking he was gonna troll the other way. "no Jones, my team is so weak! look!" then goes to the PC and swaps out his level 40s for six level 100s

"So there's a rumor that the NX is exactly what it was rumored to be."

yeah, there's still nothing confirmed yet :\ any NX talk is going to be pointless

The biggest advantage the NX will have is that it will finally bring back all of Nintendo's developers under one roof. Even 3rd parties, even though they still are developing for an unconventional platform, only need to develop for one unconventional platform rather than 2. So the next Lego game doesn't need a 3DS version as well, it could just be on NX.

Also the next Pokemon after Sun and Moon will be on NX and you can play it on the go and at home on the same system, and before that wouldn't have counted as a release for those that only owned their home console. So they are more able to plug holes in their release schedule by combining handheld and home console.

Also hope they bet on the price. I'm going $249. I think they price this thing to move, and the specs I don't think will wow anyone. I think they are embracing the Nintendo game delivery device narrative and will be trying to get this into as many hands as possible to do that. The screen worries me though, and makes me think it may creep to $299.

No, the next NEXT Pokemon after Sun and Moon will be on NX. Pokemon Gen's are two sets of games, so the next Pokemon, whether it's another set of remakes or Sun 2 and Moon 2 like Gen 5, will be on 3DS.

But I agree with your point, the hybrid device is exactly what I wanted the NX to be. Another PS4-like system is useless under my TV, I've already got a PC and PS4 (probably a Neo too, by then) to play those big third party games, what I want from Nintendo is something different that I can play all of their games on and that's exactly what this sounds like.

Hasney

Brandon losing would be a good narrative, especially if it was close. It would be like the draw at the end of Rocky 1, ready for the Sun/Moon rematch.

wiibomb

I want Brandon to lose.. He can't be master with just one game!

and I feel it can be accomplished with a nice combo of a fast pokemon to do Toxic + Binding moves like fire spin.. the absolute weaseling !

Wiggy

bosman should do the rare candy cheat to catch jones

looking forward to seeing tonights group stream. Huber getting an axe was the funniest EZA moment since the kingdom hearts insanity defence.

also as talking syndrome is bigger than huber syndome will it get its own discussion show now?

I want Jones to lose because he spent the whole game grinding without having any issues

The moment he described with in-game Kyle's Blastoise is the kind of stuff I'd want from their battle

"Heh heh let me just mash attack with this OP character I've beaten everyone with"

*gets rekt*

"Uh oh"

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
INDUSTRY. LEADING. CHIPS. (btfo along with most of GAF)

Also, Brad's expression when he realises Huber is going to be dragging him to LAX in the near future for a whole day to hunt people with the region locked 'mons for trade:
W1YV5uL.jpg

:I

Wiggy

I want Jones to lose because he spent the whole game grinding without having any issues

The moment he described with in-game Kyle's Blastoise is the kind of stuff I'd want from their battle

"Heh heh let me just mash attack with this OP character I've beaten everyone with"

*gets rekt*

"Uh oh"

I completely agree he needs to be stopped and taught a pokelesson

yeah, there's still nothing confirmed yet : any NX talk is going to be pointless
I think there's enough smoke to talk about that fire.

Still a lot of open questions, like:
- will there be a supplemental eGPU for home use?
- will they do an outright home SKU at some point?
- what on earth does that detachable controller nonsense mean?
- are they ditching the dual screens? Because it sounds like they are... if they aren't, why no 3DS BC?

Hasney

I think there's enough smoke to talk about that fire.

Still a lot of open questions, like:
- will there be a supplemental eGPU for home use?
- will they do an outright home SKU at some point?
- what on earth does that detachable controller nonsense mean?
- are they ditching the dual screens? Because it sounds like they are... if they aren't, why no 3DS BC?

No, at best, additional cooling or something sold later. The Pascal based Tegra will be at least more powerful than the Wii U
Hopefully
Attach it to the screen asa portable, detach to use as a wireless controller when docked
The Eurogamer article is basically saying no BC for either 3DS or Wii U.

Axass

Jones is being corrupted by all that awesome hot and charring power. He needs to be stopped or he may fall prey to the dark side.

Re: eGPU, the patent suggests nintendo's been thinking about it, and the computing industry is playing with it as well (usb-c).
The Eurogamer article is basically saying no BC for either 3DS or Wii U.
No BC for Wii U is super unsurprising. But 3DS they could do if (and only if) they have 2 screens on the new thing.

I think no 3DS BC => single screen.

Axass

The Patreon has stopped growing ever since like 10 days ago. Now it's actively decreasing. Did EZA reach their current maximum possible growth on Patreon.

Frankly, I had hoped E3 would have brought much more patrons and money in.

They really need to set a new 40.000 goal to keep the total over that, and also add new higher tiers. Maybe open a few more sponsorship rewards?

wiibomb

ohhh no... ohhhh no

I just watched BPP, Brandona and Jonny need to be stopped... I just don't know why Kyle just won't level up his pokemon, Jonny will crush his team and he knows it.. not an epic conlusion :(

llehuty

The Patreon has stopped growing ever since like 10 days ago. Now it's actively decreasing. Did EZA reach their current maximum possible growth on Patreon.

They really need to set a new 40.000 goal to keep the total over that, and also add new higher tiers. Maybe open a few more sponsorship rewards?

Hmmm, do we know from what pledge the patreons have to pay the amount in that exact moment? At the end of every month, the total amount of money descends but the number of patreons stays the same.

I wonder if between the list of names that Brandon recites in the podcasts there are some scumbags :/

Hasney

They're the biggest single Patron in terms of cash per month, of course they were close to the ceiling for now. It'll still grow, slow and organic, but give it time.

The numbers of patrons is up compared to last month, but the money is down. Don't forget that because everything is in USD, there's been some quite large currency fluctuations making everything more expensive in some countries, especially the UK, so some people have had to drop their pledge most likely.

Hmmm, do we know from what pledge the patreons have to pay the amount in that exact moment? At the end of every month, the total amount of money descends but the number of patreons stays the same.

I wonder if between the list of names that Brandon recites in the podcasts there are some scumbags :/

$100, but I wouldn't think scumbags immediately. As I said, paying for things in USD is noticeably more expensive in some other countries now, so some people may have had to drop their pledge.

llehuty

$100, but I wouldn't think scumbags immediately. As I said, paying for things in USD is noticeably more expensive in some other countries now, so some people may have had to drop their pledge.

Yeah, maybe you are right, it just rubs me the wrong way seeing the decline at the end of every month.

Hasney

Yeah, maybe you are right, it just rubs me the wrong way seeing the decline at the end of every month.

Looking at the Graphs, it seems to move only a little bit. Like $10 a couple of months ago and $100 the month before at the end. That's well within a tolerance of people just getting to the end of the month and realising they can't afford it I reckon. Obviously, that's different than the first of the month drop when they start collecting the money, but that just sends it all over the place.

The drop at the beginning of every month just comes with the territory of any kind of mass transaction cycle. It's just cards getting charged that have outdated information, banks protecting from potential fraud, and other forms of declines. Most of that comes back as patrons get notified and update info. There will be some who have trouble for one reason or another or don't want to bother, but most comes back within a week and more continue to fix payment details as the month goes on.

Hasney

The drop at the beginning of every month just comes with the territory of any kind of mass transaction cycle. It's just cards getting charged that have outdated information, banks protecting from potential fraud, and other forms of declines. Most of that comes back as patrons get notified and update info. There will be some who have trouble for one reason or another or don't want to bother, but most comes back within a week and more continue to fix payment details as the month goes on.

Worth noting as well that these fixed declined pledges outside the grace period (first 5 days of the month or forst week, can't remember) aren't included in the public facing total.

llehuty

Yeah, I was talking of the smaller decline just at the end of the month (last 5 days), it was around $200 last month, and around $500 at the end of April, in both cases without a drop in the number of patrons. Maybe I'm just overthinking it...

Huber and Kyle will be down on the NX news. Both want the beefy power and it won't be there.

I'm loving this Twitter chatter between EZA and LI Joe today. Looks like something down the road could happen which would be awesome. LI. Joe coaches Huner & Ben!

Hasney

Huber and Kyle will be down on the NX news. Both want the beefy power and it won't be there.

I'm loving this Twitter chatter between EZA and LI Joe today. Looks like something down the road could happen which would be awesome. LI. Joe coaches Huner & Ben!

We don't know if it's there or not yet. Digital Foundry are saying the X1 in the dev kits is overclocked already and may just be a placeholder for the Pascal-based X2, which would be double the performance and above the XB1/PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom