• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Brad/Damiani: Assuming that the EG rumours are true, it's not the OS that would make BC with Wii U hard, but the difference in CPU architecture going from PowerPC to an ARM based instruction set. Yes, MS managed to eventually get it done... On a CPU with built-in virtualisation functionality and an architecture they've had decades of experience with over multiple teams within Microsoft.

Wii U can even play GC games with a homebrew hack, due to the chipsets from GC up to Wii U just being the same, but upgraded versions. They did it because it was easy.

Brad has one helluva sign off.

Kneefoil

Magnum Opus, Eternal Rebirth, Complete Extinction

Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty
Halo gets a Magnum Opus to finish the fight again. Really indifferent about both CoD and Battlefield, but let's say that Battlefield gets Eternal Rebirth.

Classic Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends
Legends gets to finish off the story with a Magnum Opus, and Classic gets to keep going forever because it is the most iconic Capcom series. X gets the axe.

Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed
I've wanted Assassin's Creed to go on a break to just ending for a long time, but I guess it might be interesting to see what kind of conclusion they can think of for the modern day parts, so I'll give that Magnum Opus. Watch Dogs can just stop existing, and I'll let Far Cry fans enjoy the Eternal Rebirth of the series.

Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokémon
Pokémon gets Eternal Rebirth, Final Fantasy would go out big with a Magnum Opus, and Dragon Quest is kill. I've only played one DQ, and I didn't like it much, Complete Extinction.

Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space
This one was a hard one, because I wanted to give both RE and SH a Magnum Opus, but since I can only give it to one series, I'll let Resident Evil enjoy the Eternal Rebirth. Dead Space gets Complete Extinction.

Hasney

Just catching up with the group stream now, really hope they move the subscriber notifications back to the corner. Having it in the centre is so annoying.

Dmax3901

Posted the following on youtube, figured I'd copy it over to here too:

"As much as I enjoyed Kyle's bit for the haters (swear I was not gritting my teeth) I wanna clarify, just in case I'm one of the haters he's referring to, that the issue I took two weeks ago was with the comments about Nintendo's level of involvement with Pokemon GO, not about how much money they were making off it. Kyle (and Ian, maybe?) were scoffing at Nintendo getting credit for Pokemon GO's success which I thought was unfair, they were definitely aware of it as a project. To what extent we may not know but it's safe to say they were involved.

The stock market is inherently temperamental so no surprises that it dropped off so fast, a lot of people would've just bought some shares cause of the crazy everywhere-ness of Pokemon Go and as soon as they saw that it was dropping price, they made their quick buck and laughed all the way to the bank, and who can blame them? The current price is around $26 (as of writing this) which is still a damn big increase from earlier in the year. Not only that, but everyone's gonna associate Pokemon with Nintendo no matter what, which can only be a good thing for us gamer going forward (hopefully!). Anyway that's all, keep doing that... stuff you do Kyle, worth it for the reactions alone."

Auctopus

Sort of glad Law finally died. I didn't like how he essentially became Hogger 2.0 and just said he did things for "Honor" rather than Hogger's "Rage" or whatever was wrong with that guy.

Ben even made the mistake of putting his brand new character in an altercation right off the bat.

Just catching up with the group stream now, really hope they move the subscriber notifications back to the corner. Having it in the centre is so annoying.

Yep, I absolutely hate this decision. I think it just enables narcissim on the part of the viewer. They're already nice enough to call out subscription notifications, they don't need to read out your message too.

TTE is probably my favourite show the Allies currently produce, just can't get enough of it.
Since they only play and record it once a month (or so) I have a proposition:

Play twice a month for 3 hours each session and give us a second TTE episode on a Friday every second week...

OR

Even better: create a second group with Ben as one of the players along with Jones and one or two others, and the DM is more of an antagonist (Kyle perhaps? "Kyle the Kruel").

//This is a pipe dream, i'm sure the guys are incredibly busy as is. I'm an addict ok, don't judge me. (Recently re-watched the entire original TTA)

wiibomb

ok I had to pause the podcast.. I HAD to force me to do it... Never had to do it before, even in GT Time days

oh man I hate what Kyle did... he didn't even know what he was talking. He isn't right!!!

The dynamic of shares goes like this:

Investors things something involved with the company changed.
then
Other people invest in mores shares
then
they get expensive
then
share get higher because of the high demand and company conditions
THEN
shareholders realize by the company they are not getting as much bonkers money as they thought they would
THEN
they realize the shares weren't worth as much and the shares price lowers.

That literally doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't get money from the app, that doesn't means Nintendo isn't making millions with just a share of the apps gains (which they are!), the company just said they wouldn't want to modify the forecast to keep expectations in check, not that it doesn't make money out of it.

Kyle isn't right still, kyle is just assuming that a speculations market is speaking for the whole state of the company, which again, it is just an speculation market, they speculate about how the company is worth by going through the other factors of the world around the company.

I know, kyle is a troll, he probably doesn't know and doesn't care...

ok I had to pause the podcast.. I HAD to force me to do it... Never had to do it before, even in GT Time days

oh man I hate what Kyle did... he didn't even know what he was talking. He isn't right!!!
Investors thought it was a massive success. It is the biggest app of all time. The biggest app of all time hasn't affected their forecast

He never said they "aren't making money" from it at all. He's saying it is not their success. He's correct, it isn't.

They can attach themselves to it and use the mindshare but it is not their game and insane profits

Tankard

The dynamic of shares goes like this:

Investors things something involved with the company changed.
then
Other people invest in mores shares
then
they get expensive
then
share get higher because of the high demand and company conditions
THEN
shareholders realize by the company they are not getting as much bonkers money as they thought they would
THEN
they realize the shares weren't worth as much and the shares price lowers.

That literally doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't get money from the app, that doesn't means Nintendo isn't making millions with just a share of the apps gains (which they are!), the company just said they wouldn't want to modify the forecast to keep expectations in check, not that it doesn't make money out of it.

Kyle isn't right still, kyle is just assuming that a speculations market is speaking for the whole state of the company, which again, it is just an speculation market, they speculate about how the company is worth by going through the other factors of the world around the company.

I know, kyle is a troll, he probably doesn't know and doesn't care...

Maybe you care too much, calm down man, and he didn't say that exactly.

Mannnn, i'm an episode behind on TTE and just had time to listen to the pod at work, so i checked in here and just stumbled on what I imagine is an unmarked spoiler a few posts up.

I don't really have a solution to this besides creating another thread for TTE, but it's like a minefield checking in to this thread with people talking cryptically and discussing the show. I love TTE and people talking about the show, but this thread is so tough to navigate with so much content these guys put out that if you want to see discussion on anything else they are up to at the moment, it's probably best to just avoid thd EZA thread.

Oh well, lesson learned.

wiibomb

Investors thought it was a massive success. It is the biggest app of all time. The biggest app of all time hasn't affected their forecast

He never said they "aren't making money" from it at all. He's saying it is not their success. He's correct, it isn't.

They can attach themselves to it and use the mindshare but it is not their game and insane profits

this is the whole argument: https://youtu.be/i-hYfvlu1Jg?t=7m7s

this is an old argument and I don't think I want to discuss it again, but Nintendo invested on Niatic shares along with TPC to get the company running and making this app, they are partial owners of the company, they deserve some degree of credit out of this.

Its is kind of similar when Retro does a game and Nintendo is credited for it, because while Retro did it, all the investment was from Nintendo, the resources came from them. Retro is credited for making it, but you don't see Retro shares go up, no, Nintendo shares go up, because they are the public traded company, not Retro, same thing as Ninatic.

Also, not crediting Nintendo for Pokemon seems off to me always, they made TPC and own an chunk of it because they can't handle that behemoth of a franchise by themselves, but for me they should still be credited for it.

Last time I put an argument about this, sorry, I'll move on.

Maybe you care too much, calm down man, and he didn't say that exactly.

I did, and I'm sorry, since Kyle touched pkm go 2 podcasts ago I've been a little ruffled since he is negative towards everything around it. Forgive me, I'll not do it again.

Mannnn, i'm an episode behind on TTE and just had time to listen to the pod at work, so i checked in here and just stumbled on what I imagine is an unmarked spoiler a few posts up.

I don't really have a solution to this besides creating another thread for TTE, but it's like a minefield checking in to this thread with people talking cryptically and discussing the show. I love TTE and people talking about the show, but this thread is so tough to navigate with so much content these guys put out that if you want to see discussion on anything else they are up to at the moment, it's probably best to just avoid thd EZA thread.

Oh well, lesson learned.

yeah, don't come here until you hear it, that series can have serious spoilers.

I usually avoid the thread for a while until I hear the ep

Oh well, lesson learned.
Same happened for me. Don't understand why people don't use spoiler tags for what's very obviously spoilers (especially when everyone else is using them for courtesy). Nothing wrong with posting discussion within tags but yeah, sucks especially when it's like right after the episode is posted

this is the whole argument: https://youtu.be/i-hYfvlu1Jg?t=7m7s

this is an old argument and I don't think I want to discuss it again, but Nintendo invested on Niatic shares along with TPC to get the company running and making this app, they are partial owners of the company, they deserve some degree of credit out of this.

Its is kind of similar when Retro does a game and Nintendo is credited for it, because while Retro did it, all the investment was from Nintendo, the resources came from them. Retro is credited for making it, but you don't see Retro shares go up, no, Nintendo shares go up, because they are the public traded company, not Retro, same thing as Ninatic.

Also, not crediting Nintendo for Pokemon seems off to me always, they made TPC and own an chunk of it because they can't handle that behemoth of a franchise by themselves, but for me they should still be credited for it.

Last time I put an argument about this, sorry, I'll move on.
Retro is part of Nintendo. Niantic is not part of Nintendo. They are partnered with TPC.

Please don't let Pomper be Hogger 3.0. The character can be very interesting indeed, but it's going to be disappointing if he falls into the same archetype as Hogger and Law. Of course I will still listen as it is always a barrel of laughs, but they can be entertaining and make progress and work together.

Really looking forward to next week's episode to see where this goes.

wiibomb

Please don't let Pomper be Hogger 3.0. The character can be very interesting indeed, but it's going to be disappointing if he falls into the same archetype as Hogger and Law. Of course I will still listen as it is always a barrel of laughs, but they can be entertaining and make progress and work together.

Really looking forward to next week's episode to see where this goes.

I got the feeling he wants to be different, but then it stroke me when he threw himself to the water... Huber just can't contain it, it is beyond him

sora87

I want a retron 5 now after watching ben's stream, i'm still a little put off though by loads of people saying the cartridge holes are really tight and can stop working easily. Plus it's sold out everywhere apparently :B

Hasney

I want a retron 5 now after watching ben's stream, i'm still a little put off though by loads of people saying the cartridge holes are really tight and can stop working easily. Plus it's sold out everywhere apparently :B

The fact that it's still emulation puts me off. May as well just dump carts to a small HDD connected to a media box.

muteki

If anything it turned me off, seeing the graphical discrepancies everywhere, which I am assuming is the retron's fault.

K.Sabot

Huber is roleplaying the Spirit of Huber which jumps into the bodies of unlucky adventurers and forces them to try to kill themselves to gain glory.

sora87

The fact that it's still emulation puts me off. May as well just dump carts to a small HDD connected to a media box.

If anything it turned me off, seeing the graphical discrepancies everywhere, which I am assuming is the retron's fault.

It's just the ease of use factor that appealed to me, i've got like 10 consoles under my tv right now, it'd be good to get rid of a few!

Axass

TTE is probably my favourite show the Allies currently produce, just can't get enough of it.
Since they only play and record it once a month (or so) I have a proposition:

Play twice a month for 3 hours each session and give us a second TTE episode on a Friday every second week...

OR

Even better: create a second group with Ben as one of the players along with Jones and one or two others, and the DM is more of an antagonist (Kyle perhaps? "Kyle the Kruel").

//This is a pipe dream, i'm sure the guys are incredibly busy as is. I'm an addict ok, don't judge me. (Recently re-watched the entire original TTA)

YES.

Not only he's a great DM, he's a fantastic player too. He was my favourite character in the special with the Wizards of the Coast guy.

I've gotten hooked on Bosman v Wozniak and I'm wondering what some of the lingo means. Sweeney? Goldblum?
Sweeney is a twitch user. During their first stream he subscribed while they were dancing for a milestone and they started chanting his name. They laughed that it was like a cult, so now he's a religious figure.

JeffGoldblum'sLaugh was a twitch user telling Kyle to build the well in the middle. This is since referred to as the Goldblum method

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I want Huber to DM an episode, just to see the crazy shit he would come up with.

WaterAstro

You know, people make new threads for each Bombcast. Now that this is in community, can't we make new EZ Allies podcast threads for each one when they are available for everyone?

You know, people make new threads for each Bombcast. Now that this is in community, can't we make new EZ Allies podcast threads for each one when they are available for everyone?

I made a mega-thread for Kinda Funny's PS I Love You XOXO podcast. Personally (maybe I'm biased because I created the thread), I think it works better as one mega thread for all episodes (it makes it easy for new fans to find every podcast). As for the Bombcast, I think those individual threads are active enough every week to warrant new threads for each episode. For PS I Love You XOXO, some weeks there is very little discussion (i.e. if a thread was posted, it would only be one page long), whereas some weeks there is a lot of discussion. If someone were to create an EZ Allies Podcast thread, I think the hub concept would be the way to go.

Karu

I would keep it in here. Edit: I said the Kf Community thread was dead, but I have no idea as I just noticed I wasn't subscribed anymore :p (Much going on in PS I love you thread, though!), though, they have a strong Forum presence of their, I believe. Exposure and shit, sure, but dunno...

Kasper

I hope Huber's new character doesn't just turn into Hogger 3.0. As fun as his wacky antics can be at times it's starting to lose it's appeal when there's no moments of any sort of normalcy or progression of some sort in between.

WaterAstro

Podcast was fun. Glad to Damiani still on board. Thank-you Brad for keeping the Ninty hope alive!

Of course he's on board, and he was better this time. His trolling didn't stall the podcast to a halt. I like his input better this time, but last time, he deserved no mercy from me.

Also, I agree with him about Toriyama. I like Toriyama's art in DBZ, but I can't really stand it anymore in anything else these days.

Hasney

Worth noting that the Giant Bomb thread started doing individual podcast threads when they went to community (after several years in gaming) to promote the thread/content rather than just make conversation easier. Individual threads work better for that purpose.

Deimo5

I haven't played a baseball game since All Star Baseball 2003 but the fulfillment in executing a successful pitching strategy was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom