• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm osi

I hope Huber's new character doesn't just turn into Hogger 3.0. As fun as his wacky antics can be at times it's starting to lose it's appeal when there's no moments of any sort of normalcy or progression of some sort in between.

it definitely would feel weird for a rare race and a dragonborn who never went out of his village (and a healer) to be someone like Law. i kinda expect a shy person but he already jumped out the boat lol

WaterAstro

Worth noting that the Giant Bomb thread started doing individual podcast threads when they went to community (after several years in gaming) to promote the thread/content rather than just make conversation easier. Individual threads work better for that purpose.

Well that's what I was thinking.

EZA needs to be promoted.

Auctopus

it definitely would feel weird for a rare race and a dragonborn who never went out of his village (and a healer) to be someone like Law. i kinda expect a shy person but he already jumped out the boat lol

It felt like it was already heading in that direction but it's sort of Ben's fault for putting Huber immediately in a confrontation.

Law's altercations always started with something like "Hey, man I just wanna *insert talking to the Baron/Eat my meal/Get a drink/Buy an eyepatch* " and then it just builds from there; which is exactly the way the situation was heading on the boat until Kyle intervened.

WaterAstro

It's funny how Bosman immediately jumped on trying to kill Huber's character after he just got introduced. Even though it does make sense, more sense than Brad suddenly having a Dragonborn childhood friend.

You gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Hasney

Honestly think Brad did that because it was obvious that there would be friction from Bosman and Ian based on their characters. He at least needed one person sympathetic.

It felt like it was already heading in that direction but it's sort of Ben's fault for putting Huber immediately in a confrontation.

Law's altercations always started with something like "Hey, man I just wanna *insert talking to the Baron/Eat my meal/Get a drink/Buy an eyepatch* " and then it just builds from there; which is exactly the way the situation was heading on the boat until Kyle intervened.

I said repeatedly before Huber made the character that Dragonborn are a hated race that are often attacked on sight. Confrontation is built into it. The situation would have been different if he'd picked any other race.

I said repeatedly before Huber made the character that Dragonborn are a hated race that are often attacked on sight. Confrontation is built into it. The situation would have been different if he'd picked any other race.

Oh boy. Here's hoping Pomper can find peace in his life.

"I just want to eat in peace" By boarding your boat unwarranted, and eating your food!

Oh boy. Here's hoping Pomper can find peace in his life.

"I just want to eat in peace" By boarding your boat unwarranted, and eating your food!

Admittedly, Pomper's transition on the boat could have been a lot smoother in many ways, but I wanted to get him into the story as soon as possible rather than have him spend most of the episode not being able to participate. I would have done the same if anyone else died. But no matter what situation Pomper started in, it would of been an uphill battle due to the nature of being a Dragonborn.

Admittedly, Pomper's transition on the boat could have been a lot smoother in many ways, but I wanted to get him into the story as soon as possible rather than have him spend most of the episode not being able to participate. I would have done the same if anyone else died. But no matter what situation Pomper started in, it would of been an uphill battle due to the nature of being a Dragonborn.

For sure I just burst out laughing when Huber said "I just want to eat in peace." It is all still very entertaining, and hopefully Pomper can start winning the hearts and minds of those around when he helps them in battle.

Btw Ben, I just want to let you know you are doing an admiral job as DM. My wife was not familiar with D&D at all, but she started during Law's battle and she was able to follow what was going on with just a couple questions here and there.

Thanks for the show. It's now something we both look forward to watching together. =)

WaterAstro

GB has a huge following on gaf though, individual EZA threads genuinely get a few comments from us here (EZOT regulars) and then just die

That logic seems backwards though. Something won't get big or get more members if it doesn't have more visibility?

I think perhaps you shouldn't be afraid to jump ahead in time more. Having everyone trapped on this boat with a character that's going to be hated really limits the possibilities. You might have switched back to the main party and said the captain had delivered them to some strange coast where the mage they were chasing had disembarked and had them run across Pomper in the wilderness camping, or even prisoner to some racist bandits or something.

WaterAstro

lol maybe I should make a thread, feeling the same thing.

Spent days just shouting at everyone in GAF that kept fanboying Nintendo, praising their "contributions" to Pokemon GO, citing "Iwata created everything", and how "Nintendo are getting the biggest cut".

But I was fighting for Niantic, not for fanboy wars. I'm glad they can now shut up and Niantic can take the credit they deserve.

openrob

I want Jones to lose because he spent the whole game grinding without having any issues

The moment he described with in-game Kyle's Blastoise is the kind of stuff I'd want from their battle

"Heh heh let me just mash attack with this OP character I've beaten everyone with"

*gets rekt*

"Uh oh"

Brandon has literally become the rival in the Pokemon world, who rushes ahead and instead of 'understanding' his team, is just focused on the raw power of his Pokemon.

He needs to be taken down lol

Volotaire

Worth noting that the Giant Bomb thread started doing individual podcast threads when they went to community (after several years in gaming) to promote the thread/content rather than just make conversation easier. Individual threads work better for that purpose.

To be slightly pedantic about this, the individual podcast threads have been ongoing long before the GB thread was moved to gaming.

Auctopus

Oh, okay. Fair enough, Ben. I can see Huber not taking heed of your warning, haha.

Btw, I've just started Divinity: Original Sin. Trying to solve the murder at the beginning of the game, really enjoying the lack of quest markers and hand holding.

Tankard

Dan was a super awesome guest on Bosman v Wosniak, trolling Kyle all the time.

OMG, Kyle almost
broke 400k, damn, so close.

sora87

So weird, the stream Damiani had in his stream was hosted by a twitch streamer i used to follow who's now working for square enix. Small twitch world eh.

Finally starting to catch up on all the podcasts...

Kyle:I don't really like sonic 2&3 either
Brad-what,what us this who are you. What do you like
Kyke-..I like sonic unleashed

😂😂 Never change Kyle bosman

sora87

Surprised there hasn't been any headlines in the gaming press after that bosman vs wozniak.

"Notable Video Game Personality Kyle Bosman Tells His Audience To Kill Themselves"

:p

Chuck

Still without luck
Kyle Feeling Himself needs to be a new show.

tumblr_mqq2op9r2n1qbjkano3_r1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom