• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

Didn't care much for Ben's Lore Corner when it started due me not feeling invested in the world yet, but going back to them now, I find them pretty interesting. Although, not much of it has really come into play in actual TTE episodes themselves yet, the escapades have only just begun, so I'm sure more of the lore will become more relevant later.

Oh yeah, and Easy Update was great this week.

sora87

Me watching this weeks Easy Update -
159.gif

I'm sitting here at the beach in Italy. It's my first vacation in a super long time. I'm enjoying the fantastic weather, scenery and atmosphere. The sun is still burning my face off and I love it and I got Ben Moore, Kyle Bosman, Bradley Ellis and Michael P. Huber shouting in my ears, arguing about SNES classics and which should be put on the SNES Mini.

This is absolutely great. And to make this perfect, I'm going to listen to Summertime, right after the episode ends and I'll enjoy it, Kyle Bosman.

Thank you guys for this.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'm sitting here at the beach in Italy. It's my first vacation in a super long time. I'm enjoying the fantastic weather, scenery and atmosphere. The sun is still burning my face off and I love it and I got Ben Moore, Kyle Bosman, Bradley Ellis and Michael P. Huber shouting in my ears, arguing about SNES classics and which should be put on the SNES Mini.

This is absolutely great. And to make this perfect, I'm going to listen to Summertime, right after the episode ends and I'll enjoy it, Kyle Bosman.

Thank you guys for this.

Brotkasten feeling himself.

What a massacre. Man. Deservedly so since Kyle thinks Platinum is the worst. Never talk bad about the best Pokemon Game since Gold. Speaking of which I wish Kyle would've baited Jones to play Gold/Silver more. I wanted to see this expression when he got back to Kanto smh.

Ugh.

I don't want to critique because I know some people hate criticism but I gotta be honest!

There's a few problems I had...and this is something I've come to just accept with Easy Allies. Fast and loose! That's okay and honestly that can lead to great moments. But damn watching this episode literally gave me blue balls lol. If they did a corrections for this ep there'd be so much.

And the final fight was anti climatic as all hell because Jones is a god damn monster. He's so over leveled that the game lost its edge imo. Which is weird because they talk about how he's strapped for time but he has a level 72 Charizard.

Still love the show. Still my favorite show Easy Allies has done. Just a little anti climatic towards the last 2 episodes.

I'd still pay actual money for Brandon Plays gold and silver though.

I would've been cool with Kyle even spoiling the reveal of G/S at this point. I just want Brandon to know what he's missing out on smh. That's the perfect sequel.

Wiggy

That final battle was brutal, bit of an anti climatic end of the series tbh with Jones' extreme over levelling. But still, awesome series guys!

Lexad

Ugh.

I don't want to critique because I know some people hate criticism but I gotta be honest!

There's a few problems I had...and this is something I've come to just accept with Easy Allies. Fast and loose! That's okay and honestly that can lead to great moments. But damn watching this episode literally gave me blue balls lol. If they did a corrections for this ep there'd be so much.

And the final fight was anti climatic as all hell because Jones is a god damn monster. He's so over leveled that the game lost its edge imo. Which is weird because they talk about how he's strapped for time but he has a level 72 Charizard.

Still love the show. Still my favorite show Easy Allies has done. Just a little anti climatic towards the last 2 episodes.

I'd still pay actual money for Brandon Plays gold and silver though.

He only used Johnny, so of course it was huge. Most of his party is still in the 30s right?

Kneefoil

But damn watching this episode literally gave me blue balls lol. If they did a corrections for this ep there'd be so much.
There's almost always something wrong in what they say in all the parts, although admittedly there was a bit more than usual this time around. Just need to tune out and pretend like I didn't hear any of it.

He only used Johnny, so of course it was huge. Most of his party is still in the 30s right?
Picture of his team:
9ea2abc94d.png

Two are just under 30, one is 40, one is 55, one early 60s and one low 70s.

Obviously Sparky and Johnny are the two overleveled ones , and although he didn't level up Roc much, it helps that he was caught @ Lv. 50, and has stats of a legendary Pokémon. Cleo is also at a high enough level to put up a decent fight against Kyle. He also has some slightly trained Pokémon in Bill's PC, but yeah, he really only put any serious training into Johnny, Sparky and Cleo (& maybe the Beedrill (Wormtail?), but he was dropped long time ago).

Disappointing

At a certain point it's not like "let's see how much you've learned" it's just "yep you're still overleveled"

I love Kyle's reasoning for his team but then the fight doesn't have hype. Jones is just the rival character in real life

God damnit, people, spoilers! I can't watch it until tonight!

Glad to see Brandon came out on top though. I've got nothing but respect for anyone willing to over level that much in the old-ass games, that's hours and hours and hours of running back and forth in grass.

Disappointing

At a certain point it's not like "let's see how much you've learned" it's just "yep you're still overleveled"

I love Kyle's reasoning for his team but then the fight doesn't have hype. Jones is just the rival character in real life
It wasn't disappointing for me. It's to be expected. It wasn't any secret what level Brandon's Pokemon were at. If Kyle really wanted to he could have power leveled too.

I understand worrying about spoilers in something like Tabletop or Bosman's bonus bits where its about the narrative/jokes, but if you want to stay completely blind it's best to just not enter the thread until you've seen it

It wasn't disappointing for me. It's to be expected. It wasn't any secret what level Brandon's Pokemon were at. If Kyle really wanted to he could have power leveled too.
I figured it too but hoped Kyle was bluffing and had a scheme like he generally does. Not necessarily abusing glitches but still. You see the numbers and you're like "yep he loses"

The whole show has been building to this. As you said everyone knew the numbers, so it's basically like Kyle showed up to lose.

(Don't mean for this to sound whiny or bitchy, but I know text can come off that way)

Deadman

Would have been interesting if Muk had managed to get a second minimise off. I imagine after that Kyle's plan was to toxic every pokemon and stall the game out until they all went down.

Zomba13

Yeah, definitely a disappointing fight for me. I mean, it was an obvious outcome and such a shame Kyle didn't level up to even try and stand a chance. Most of the series has been "Johnny and Sparky are my main guys, they are really high level now" and Kyle just didn't have the levels.

Would've been better if r/b/y had the thing where it sets the Pokémon level to 50 or 100 to make it more even and not just a stomping.

Yeah, definitely a disappointing fight for me. I mean, it was an obvious outcome and such a shame Kyle didn't level up to even try and stand a chance. Most of the series has been "Johnny and Sparky are my main guys, they are really high level now" and Kyle just didn't have the levels.

Would've been better if r/b/y had the thing where it sets the Pokémon level to 50 or 100 to make it more even and not just a stomping.
Leaves something for the sun/moon rematch

MrMette

God damnit, people, spoilers! I can't watch it until tonight!

Glad to see Brandon came out on top though. I've got nothing but respect for anyone willing to over level that much in the old-ass games, that's hours and hours and hours of running back and forth in grass.

I stopped reading the thread until I watched it just to not be spoiled. You know there is a chance somebody will say something about it (also it was quite expected the way he was leveled).
Also, Brandon said he loves grinding in games, so I think it comes naturally. I think he just played the game like he normally would.

Great series. Unfortunately it is over as I really loved it.
While I only played the first game (in a language I don't really don't know well as my sister bought it in French first because the English version was sold out and I played it before she bought it again in English), I recognized a lot of it and I loved that.

That said, I am sure the pokemon sun/moon episodes will be great as well although I don't know a lot about the later pokemon stuff at all and will probably not play those games as I don't have a 3DS.

Joqu

Definitely looking forward to that Origins stream, should be fun. I just hope I don't miss it.

also, Platinum doesn't blow and there's no need for jones to not play the 3rd versions if he ever decides to go back and play earlier Pokemon games. Crystal for 2, Emerald for 3 and Platinum for 4 is the way to go. They're just director's cuts w/ minor but pleasing differences

Giever

If Jones ever plays Gold/Silver, it needs to be HGSS. It's just the better experience. Your Pokemon follow you on the field. THEY FOLLOW YOU ON THE FIELD.

wiibomb

If Jones ever plays Gold/Silver, it needs to be HGSS. It's just the better experience. Your Pokemon follow you on the field. THEY FOLLOW YOU ON THE FIELD.

the insane amount of work in HGSS is amazing, all pokemon have sprites for the outside world, they included a kind of Olympics tournament, they included the sick battle frontier and even a complex system to create a variety of weird pokeballs... HGSS is so incredible.

Yet I don't want brandon to play any other pokemon game more than Sun/Moon. I want him to make that huge technological leap, I want to know how much his perception changes with 20 years in Sun/Moon

I stopped reading the thread until I watched it just to not be spoiled. You know there is a chance somebody will say something about it (also it was quite expected the way he was leveled).
Also, Brandon said he loves grinding in games, so I think it comes naturally. I think he just played the game like he normally would.

Great series. Unfortunately it is over as I really loved it.
While I only played the first game (in a language I don't really don't know well as my sister bought it in French first because the English version was sold out and I played it before she bought it again in English), I recognized a lot of it and I loved that.

That said, I am sure the pokemon sun/moon episodes will be great as well although I don't know a lot about the later pokemon stuff at all and will probably not play those games as I don't have a 3DS.

Yeah, I should've known better but oh well, I'm caught up now. Great episode, I'm looking forward to the Sun & Moon talk.

One thing that sticks out to me is if Brandon's that eager to grind, I can easily imagine Kyle battling an entire team of level 100's in Sun/Moon it takes after XY and ORAS.

cm osi

Definitely looking forward to that Origins stream, should be fun. I just hope I don't miss it.

also, Platinum doesn't blow and there's no need for jones to not play the 3rd versions if he ever decides to go back and play earlier Pokemon games. Crystal for 2, Emerald for 3 and Platinum for 4 is the way to go. They're just director's cuts w/ minor but pleasing differences

how they're gonna stream origins? will twitch allows it? we'll see the movie onscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom