• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pretty damn glorious. Better intro music started us off and then it was like they never left.

3185709+_af598b301ae7a2837ae53d62a40e987a.jpg

Mikey Jr.

The way the early access stuff is going up is....bizarre.

Whats stopping me from backing out of my pledge now that I've seen the podcast?

I don't get it.

Hasney

I don't get it.

It's the same as the other Patreon big hitters. I mean, if someone really wanted to rip them off, I'm sure they could find the link to the podcast out there, just like you can find even Giant Bomb links to premium content on their servers. And that's a proper security gated system backed by a big company,

Mikey Jr.

All you wanted was to see their content one last time?

Of course not, just thought there was a more secure way that Patreon handled that stuff. New to this whole thing.

It's the same as the other Patreon big hitters. I mean, if someone really wanted to rip them off, I'm sure they could find the link to the podcast out there, just like you can find even Giant Bomb links to premium content on their servers. And that's a proper security gated system backed by a big company,

Yeah, new to Patreon. Not sure how this worked to be honest.

Hasney

OYeah, new to Patreon. Not sure how this worked to be honest.

Nah, they've not got the server infrastructure for that. I believe you can upload audio directly to it, as long as it's shorter than 90 minutes and 100MB which makes it pointless for most podcast purposes.

epmode

Were you guys emailed a link to the podcast? I should be getting a link but I haven't seen anything in my email yet.

edit: I have the link on my Patreon page, just wondering if I should also be getting email notifications.

Audio version of the podcast is up for patrons. It's being hosted on soundcloud. It will be uploaded to Itunes on Friday for non patron users along with the youtube version becoming listed.
The free friday versions are gonna come out "Late, late" Friday according to the patreon post, I guess as a way to drive more people to pledge money

timmyp53

I don't get it.

Are you only going to listen to the first months podcast? Lol. I'm not sure what your confused about.

The way content creators usually handle this on Patreon is through unlisted videos and such.

UrbanRats

Also, it's a bit like saying "what's stopping me from going to torrent sites and steal all the games?" (i know one it's illegal and the other isn't but i'm talking from a personal ethics standpoint) I mean, if you pledge it's because you want them to continue doing what they're doing, first and foremost.
I doubt anyone is going to bother to pull that scam to have a free podcast 2 days early, assuming it's even possible, since i think Patreon takes the money at the start of the month, so you pay in advance.

Is there a sense of how podcasts do throughout the week numbers-wise? Having a late Friday one (instead of first thing Friday) seems like an odd move. Missing out on commuters and all that.

I started to get into GT "personality" stuff in the last couple years (after going there for reviews and trailers for yeeeears), but the podcast was the one thing I never really started up, so this is effectively my first one. Pretty good! Glad to have one more in the rotation.

Hasney

Is there a sense of how podcasts do throughout the week numbers-wise? Having a late Friday one (instead of first thing Friday) seems like an odd move. Missing out on commuters and all that.

I started to get into GT "personality" stuff in the last couple years (after going there for reviews and trailers for yeeeears), but the podcast was the one thing I never really started up, so this is effectively my first one. Pretty good! Glad to have one more in the rotation.

It probably won't be late Friday all the time, that's just to give backers a long enough exclusive period after this went up late.

That said, I always watch the Linus Tech Tips podcast on a Saturday morning, usually hungover to fuck. Friday night ready for Saturday morning is good for me.

sora87

19K to go and they rent a freaking studio.

This is unreal. Let's do it guys!

Is it confirmed that they're renting a new studio or just revamping the garage into one?
With Blood saying if they hit 50k it'd be enough to bring most of them on full time, I'd imagine that's not factoring in studio rent.

Hasney

A new 40K goal could help drum up some interest and keep momentum going.

Like what though? There's no way they can promise new content right now. Might be good to add it after things are running smoothly though. Deliver on what they promised, then slot something in.

It's still the fastest daily rising Patreon in terms of numbers of people backing.

Vinc

Is it confirmed that they're renting a new studio or just revamping the garage into one?
With Blood saying if they hit 50k it'd be enough to bring most of them on full time, I'd imagine that's not factoring in studio rent.

They confirmed they'd rent a studio space, I think it was during Toybox Tuesday

Like what though? There's no way they can promise new content right now. Might be good to add it after things are running smoothly though. Deliver on what they promised, then slot something in.

It's still the fastest daily rising Patreon in terms of numbers of people backing.

Kyle reluctantly reviews one dumb game a month? ;)

Don's Design Lab could make a comeback!

Hasney

Don's Design Lab could make a comeback!

... Wait, you're right. Maybe something to ask him once his case is done!

Kyle reluctantly reviews one dumb game a month? ;)

On the old ManUps review scale/mood!

Speaking of reviews, think it was mentioned here but Brad is going to chip in with some reviews too. Kinda looking forward to see what sort of tone he does as I can always tell if it's Ben, Huber or Blood reviewing right now even if it's Jones reading them all.

Also, it's a bit like saying "what's stopping me from going to torrent sites and steal all the games?" (i know one it's illegal and the other isn't but i'm talking from a personal ethics standpoint) I mean, if you pledge it's because you want them to continue doing what they're doing, first and foremost.
I doubt anyone is going to bother to pull that scam to have a free podcast 2 days early, assuming it's even possible, since i think Patreon takes the money at the start of the month, so you pay in advance.
It feels like people are coming up with unlikely worst case scenarios every day, it's like a 'to good to be true' syndrome.

El-Suave

I don't know if the numbers allow that but if 40K would enable a second person to do this full time it'd be a worthy cause.

wiibomb

Another option is to include in the 40k tier a full time dedication from all the guys in EZA...

I'm I the only one worried about having them full time jobs? :(

wapplew

Another option is to include in the 40k tier a full time dedication from all the guys in EZA...

Sure, is best if they all in it full time, but if we can get same amount of content, I'm all good, full time or not.

llehuty

I don't think they would need full time jobs adding patreon, twitch subs, merch, etc...

Maybe part time? Some work as freelance? journalist or something?

Note: I have no idea of how expensive is living in LA, their financial obligations, etc.

wapplew

I don't think they would need full time jobs adding patreon, twitch subs, merch, etc...

Note: I have no idea of how expensive is living in LA, their financial obligations, etc.

Great point.
Before they know patreon reaction, EZA will be their part time gigs on top of a full time job, now I think it's the other way around, this will be their full time gigs with what ever freelance gigs on the side.

UrbanRats

It feels like people are coming up with unlikely worst case scenarios every day, it's like a 'to good to be true' syndrome.

Yeah, though i am a bit worried about the support going forward.
It's easier to pledge high, getting swept up in the excitement, but i hope this continues to be steady (even if they don't get higher than this) indefinitely.

Great point.
Before they know patreon reaction, EZA will be their part time gigs on top of a full time job, now I think it's the other way around, this will be their full time gigs with what ever freelance gigs on the side.

There's 9 of them, right? Dunno if every single one of them is full on @ EZA (Damiani's fully in by now?) - in terms of commitment to the project, not "full time job"
They are currently at $31000/month? Patreon's taking its cut (dunno how much), any taxes on this? o_O anyway, just for the sake of the argument, $31000/9 is $3444 if split evenly. Don't know what's their overhead, but I don't think they have it set up like that (everyone gets an equal share) and that that's enough for a full-time job. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BUUUT, Pateron + Twitch + eventual sponsorships (Squarespace? Looking at you GB! :D), I hope it's enough for them to have a nice money cushion to do what they want.

James93

Great point.

Its also going to depend on commitments they made. No one expected this is go where it went. Some of them may have took jobs, and its in poor taste to quit a job you just got

klaushm

Okay. Pledged now and hearing their podcast. Will up my pledge after July o/

You weren't wrong guys. Their intro music is awesome.

Vinc

There's 9 of them, right? Dunno if every single one of them is full on @ EZA (Damiani's fully in by now?) - in terms of commitment to the project, not "full time job"
They are currently at $31000/month? Patreon's taking its cut (dunno how much), any taxes on this? o_O anyway, just for the sake of the argument, $31000/9 is $3444 if split evenly. Don't know what's their overhead, but I don't think they have it set up like that (everyone gets an equal share) and that that's enough for a full-time job. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BUUUT, Pateron + Twitch + eventual sponsorships (Squarespace? Looking at you GB! :D), I hope it's enough for them to have a nice money cushion to do what they want.

The figure we see on the Patreon page (31K) is an estimate AFTER Patreon takes its cut and fees :D

LycanXIII

Its also going to depend on commitments they made. No one expected this is go where it went. Some of them may have took jobs, and its in poor taste to quit a job you just got

Yeah, I think someone last night said that Blood told twitch chat that Ian had another job already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom