• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the EZA logo looks really really good on all of the clothing. That grey and black hoodie is something I'd pick up regardless of my support for these guys

Ian and Blood tweeted last night that that's something they would talk about as a group.

Oh shit, if that's something they're not doing then I'm probably out.
I consumed all their old GT streams post mortem. I can't stay up till 6am my time to watch these twitch streams live.
That sucks they even have to discuss this. New era with old thinking.

UrbanRats

I consumed all their old GT streams post mortem. I can't stay up till 6am my time to watch these twitch streams live.

It can't be that hard to get archives on youtube.
Even Jeff Green does it!

If you don't have the time to watch the twitch streams live, then what's wrong with watching the twitch archive? It even has recorded chat so it feels like you're watching it live.

Finally got around to watching it. They did a great job considering the limited environment. Looking forward to more. Keep up the good work.

Spman2099

But they don't necessarily need everyone onboard all time, full time, that would actually be a waste of the money earnt.

If we want that steady flow of quality content... they sorta do. Maybe they don't need everyone full time, but it would certainly help things to move smoothly. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, there is going to be a lot preparation involved in making high quality shows. Reviews take steady engagement with long games. Scripts need to be written and edited before they can film those shows. A lot of time is going to be involved. Especially if we are entering into the retrospectives territory. Those are essentially documentaries.

I will be hosting the second podcast. Hope everyone is okay with that. If not please let me know and I'll bring it up with the crew.

Ben! Yes. This is great news. I can't remember how many times I got the survey when I visited GT and told them that you (and Brad) need to have your own show to talk about RPGs. I'll be looking forward to this just as much as the other show.

Also, are you (or any of the rest of the crew) still playing WoW? What would be your thoughts on an EZA backer-only guild?

Rlan

I'm a $1 supporter - when will the audio podcast be available? I got an e-mail about it but I think it may have been sent accidentily? It's kind of difficult to figure out what you get and when...

Roubjon

The Twitch Archive player often runs like shit for me as well so I was pretty disappointed when I read they weren't going to upload all of it to YouTube. I don't quite understand where the harm can come from doing it also. Maybe they don't want to bloat the channel?

timmyp53

The Twitch Archive player often runs like shit for me as well so I was pretty disappointed when I read they weren't going to upload all of it to YouTube. I don't quite understand where the harm can come from doing it also. Maybe they don't want to bloat the channel?

You could always download it for yourself through an addon/extension.

???

I'd like to know the justification for this as well.

Having to go multiple places for content was one of the annoying things about GT that I'm still hoping they fix now that they're free from their corporate shackles. If it's organizing content within youtube that's the concern, I feel like there are decent options for that (playlists, different accounts, whatever)

Anyway, I guess I need to ask: how do I watch archived twitch streams through the html5 player?

I hope they do too. Hell I'd help them out just to make it happen. But if they don't I'll be archiving their content and I'll upload it if they choose not to. Or let farisr do it on his SomeGameNews channel . Since he's better at it :)

Wait twitch has recorded chat? How? I usually watch on my iPad.
Doesn't seem to work from the app. It's a website only deal for now.

J-Skee

Whiskey & nachos hitting just right. Just waiting for this Damiani stream to get popping. HYPE!

EDIT: LMAO it's Thursday, not Friday. These short weeks always mess me up.

RiverKwai

Having to go multiple places for content was one of the annoying things about GT that I'm still hoping they fix now that they're free from their corporate shackles.

I get your point, but you realize that this statement is amusing in that right now there's one place to see everything - and you are asking them to add a second place, a place separate from the place where they livestream.

Everything is at Twitch (for right now, anyways)
https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/profile

MrPanic

They should definitely archive their twitch stuff on youtube, preferably on second youtube channel like 'EZA Archives' or something so it doesn't clutter the main channel with the real shows. I usually can't catch their streams live with those times so with their big emphasize on streaming I really hope they'll start archiving that stuff on yt asap.

I get your point, but you realize that this statement is amusing in that right now there's one place to see everything - and you are asking them to add a second place, a place separate from the place where they livestream.

Everything is at Twitch (for right now, anyways)
https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/profile
Podcasts will be on twitch? I don't think so?

It doesn't make sense to live stream everything, so by definition not everything will be on twitch. Also, I still haven't figured out how to view archived twitch videos without flash (or if it's possible), so youtube is (probably) better for archived streams as well.

QED?

RiverKwai

Podcasts are on twitch?

It doesn't make sense to live stream everything, so by definition not everything will be on twitch. Also, I still haven't figured out how to view archived twitch videos without flash (or if it's possible), so youtube is better anyway.

QED?

Podcast is on Youtube because it's pre-recorded with sound effects and editing and stuff, But they seem to be livestreaming everything else so far. The podcast is also not live for non-patrons yet. So everything commonly available is currently on Twitch, until late, late Friday.

Podcast is on Youtube ecause it's pre-recorded with sound effects and editing and stuff, But they seem to be livestreaming everything else so far.
... so, in other words, not everything will be on twitch.

Aside: does twitch still delete archived videos after N days?

RiverKwai

... so, in other words, not everything will be on twitch.

No, but unless you're a Patron and have early access to the podcast, that's the case right now.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make things accessible to most people. That probably means it'll eventually migrate to YouTube. But most of what they appear to be doing is based around Twitch at the moment. That's all I'm saying. :)
There's like 18 hours of streams already, and today's haven't even started yet.

timmyp53

Or they could just upload them on Youtube. I would like to know a reason, why not.

I don't care about the streams at all so maybe I'm apathetic to this sentiment that it should all be in one place. I'm here for the shows/podcasts.

Nowhere in the patreon goals or patron rewards is twitch even mentioned. If anything I think they should highly consider incentivizing that feature in one of its tiers because people have already shown that they are lazy and can't be bothered to download a browser extension. Just look at KFs tiers as an example.

Thores

Regarding the second podcast (copy/pasted from EZA podcast thread):

It is something I (Ben) very much want to do and feel comfortable with.

The cast will rotate. Everyone from EZA will be a part of it.

The format will be longer and more casual than the Kyle podcast. We'll dig into the games we're playing and spend time focusing on big issues that we care about. For example, this week we probably would have talked a LOT about the NX from a variety of angles. Comparisons to the Giant Bombcast make sense if that helps, although it won't be exactly like that (I doubt we'll talk about wrestling so much).

Are you going to call the podcast "Taking It Easy"?

Regarding the second podcast (copy/pasted from EZA podcast thread):

It is something I (Ben) very much want to do and feel comfortable with.

The cast will rotate. Everyone from EZA will be a part of it.

The format will be longer and more casual than the Kyle podcast. We'll dig into the games we're playing and spend time focusing on big issues that we care about. For example, this week we probably would have talked a LOT about the NX from a variety of angles. Comparisons to the Giant Bombcast make sense if that helps, although it won't be exactly like that (I doubt we'll talk about wrestling so much).

Also, I understand why you're nervous for me to host. I do say "um" and "like" a lot but it's something I've been working on and by the time the first episode happens it won't be an issue.

If anyone has more questions/concerns let me know. I don't have all of the answers yet but I'll do what I can.
Love it, though I hope you'll reconsider your wrestling stance

Roubjon

Jones creating his Patreon Exclusive show will probably also bring in a decent amount of $1 pledges. I'm really happy to see this all fall into place.

I'm really impressed the Patreon continues to rise. It's basically at 32k right now. Unbelievable, really.

And that's before any of one of the more popular content come out on public channels.

Over the next two weeks once more content comes out for broader exposure, could it beat OG KF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom