• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverKwai

That first podcast... yeah they're back! Only gonna get better once all the new equipment is setup and they have a proper couch.

Love and respect!

The new podcast is great, but Ian's presence is definitely missed. With how often he joins the conversation, he was effecticely GT's 5th chair.

Yay. Will listen later today.

I hope people don't complain about a lack of EasyAllies content. Honestly 2 podcasts, 4 or 5 shows a week and streams everyday is more than enough I think. Just wait till they actually start pumping this stuff out.

The new podcast is great, but Ian's presence is definitely missed. With how often he joins the conversation, he was effecticely GT's 5th chair.
I agree with that

We'll have to see what they do for the second podcast, or how the main podcast will evolve as production values increase

That said, loved the first episode. Really missed their discussions. Also that theme song is immaculate, so beautiful

mishakoz

I hope people don't complain about a lack of EasyAllies content. Honestly 2 podcasts, 4 or 5 shows a week and streams everyday is more than enough I think. Just wait till they actually start pumping this stuff out.

Considering most patrons haven't even been billed yet, i think the crew have really gotten the ball rolling fast. This whole venture began only 3 days ago.

I am interested in knowing what the full production schedule will be like. When will Bosman's show be made, Ian's, the second podcast, etc.?

wapplew

I agree with that

We'll have to see what they do for the second podcast, or how the main podcast will evolve as production values increase

That said, loved the first episode. Really missed their discussions. Also that theme song is immaculate, so beautiful

Well, they bought a sound mixer, someone going to operate that.
Did they buy 2 more camera for close up?

Tankard

I don't think we will see a lack of content happening. My worry is about the quality of the content since they all have day jobs now except Brandon, i don't know how dedicated they can be to create, produce and edit with little time to do that.

Vinc

I don't think we will see a lack of content happening. My worry is about the quality of the content since they all have day jobs now except Brandon, i don't know how dedicated they can be to create, produce and edit with little time to do that.

Yeah I'm more worried about their sanity in a few months than about lack of content at this point. Hope they can keep up without... you know... dying? :p

My only complaint so far is that the streams aren't archived on youtube!

Regarding the second podcast (copy/pasted from EZA podcast thread):

It is something I (Ben) very much want to do and feel comfortable with.

The cast will rotate. Everyone from EZA will be a part of it.

The format will be longer and more casual than the Kyle podcast. We'll dig into the games we're playing and spend time focusing on big issues that we care about. For example, this week we probably would have talked a LOT about the NX from a variety of angles. Comparisons to the Giant Bombcast make sense if that helps, although it won't be exactly like that (I doubt we'll talk about wrestling so much).

Also, I understand why you're nervous for me to host. I do say "um" and "like" a lot but it's something I've been working on and by the time the first episode happens it won't be an issue.

If anyone has more questions/concerns let me know. I don't have all of the answers yet but I'll do what I can.

Rockk

They should definitely archive all their streams. But they might want a second youtube channel for it as to not clutter the main youtube channel. I dunno. Just have vote on patreon to decide.

Hasney

Still catching up in the first stream. Brad is as much of a monster as Huber when it comes to Mario Party. Nothing personal!

Visceir

I think the streams would be more fun and enjoyable if they just did them from Brandon's garage and in teams of two or three. Solo streams just aren't quite the same and I have a feeling that the streams will be suffering from technical difficulties if they keep on doing them from individual homes.

Having so many members on board is definitely a strenght of theirs and I feel like solo streams don't really utilize that.

Clearly brandon's garage isn't the ideal solution but it'd be cool to see them use it as their central for a couple of months until they could come up with something better (if the finances allow them to).

Get a couch in there and it'd be perfect. Could also do a single investment into better cameras/setup that way.

Hasney

I think the streams would be more fun and enjoyable if they just did them from Brandon's garage and in teams of two or three. Solo streams just aren't quite the same and I have a feeling that the streams will be suffering from technical difficulties if they keep on doing them from individual homes.

Having so many members on board is definitely a strenght of theirs and I feel like solo streams don't really utilize that.

Clearly brandon's garage isn't the ideal solution but it'd be cool to see them use it as their central for a couple of months until they could come up with something better (if the finances allow them to).

Get a couch in there and it'd be perfect. Could also do a single investment into better cameras/setup that way.

Couch is coming, new audio equipment is bought. Not sure on cameras and lighting as they weren't goals, but it'll only be the base until they hit 50k.

Oh, as I'm watching this stream as well, since people asked about GT Live, Brandon mentioned in passing "if we hit 50k", so he wants that stage for it :)

Tuesday is always going to be the big group stream, but now it took off more, I don't know if they'll plan more now some guys might be more invested. This first week (and probably at least a couple after I'd figure) probably was based around modest funding expectations.

LycanXIII

Ben, you got to let us know when you continue to build the town for Little Girl and Bearded Guy. So much fun watching you last night!

wapplew

It's hard for them to get together since they have busy schedule or long distance, but I agree, they are 1+1 > infinite kinda group.
Wish they could do more team stream.

Hasney

Ben, you got to let us know when you continue to build the town for Little Girl and Bearded Guy. So much fun watching you last night!

Oh, was it Builders? I thought it was Heroes that ended up being played based on previous comments! Might have to move it ahead of watching the Pokken stream now.

Bittercup

[...]
Sounds good to me and I'm not nervous with you as the host. I liked how you handled the group as dungeon master in TTA. I think you'll do fine as a podcast host as well.
I'm looking forward to the first episode.

Mikey Jr.

Agreed. They definitely need to pepper a few more group streams in there or atleast 2 people.

angelic

Banned

Also, I understand why you're nervous for me to host. I do say "um" and "like" a lot but it's something I've been working on and by the time the first episode happens it won't be an issue.

I honestly wouldnt worry about it, every host umms and pauses when introducing new segments. Natural sounding speech is what made the GT stuff stand out, dont worry about becoming super slick.

The cast will rotate. Everyone from EZA will be a part of it.

The format will be longer and more casual than the Kyle podcast. We'll dig into the games we're playing and spend time focusing on big issues that we care about. For example, this week we probably would have talked a LOT about the NX from a variety of angles. Comparisons to the Giant Bombcast make sense if that helps, although it won't be exactly like that (I doubt we'll talk about wrestling so much).

If anyone has more questions/concerns let me know. I don't have all of the answers yet but I'll do what I can.

Sounds awesome. Another like giant bomb thing I think many would love to see is EZA's version of quick looks. I get that is how much of streams will work but it would be nice to have an hour of gameplay with two peoples commentary about the game and the gameplay on YouTube.

I mean Beastcast seemed inspired by corrections ( with corrections music) and even had an episode of Fiasco so I think it is ok to be inspired by their quick looks :)

Hasney

Sounds awesome. Another like giant bomb thing I think many would love to see is EZA's version of quick looks. I get that is how much of streams will work but it would be nice to have an hour of gameplay with two peoples commentary about the game and the gameplay on YouTube.

I mean Beastcast seemed inspired by corrections ( with corrections music) and even had an episode of Fiasco :)

I like the Quick Look format, but it's usually one of the guys has already played it hosting and they are talking to the other person who hasn't. I prefer the Just Played format where everyone involved has played it and are sitting down to discuss it. A good twist, especially with multiplayer games, would be Just Played style where everyone on the video has already played it enough to discuss and debate fully, but they play the game during the talk.

James93

Yeah, I think someone last night said that Blood told twitch chat that Ian had another job already.

Which isn't surprising, they are a talented group. The thing i think some people miss, is not all of them may be in a position where they can roll the dice with EZA. Brandon was running and a founder of gt. So i would guess he's decently well off.

Times going to tell how they are going. The only thing thats worrying, much like the guys an Funhaus they are far better as a group than individual. If you can't keep them together is it going to have the same appeal gt had.

Vinc

Ben, you hosting the second podcast is actually the best possible outcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm very much looking forward to this. Are you still going to appear in the regular Easy Allies Podcast?

Hasney

Which isn't surprising, they are a talented group. The thing i think some people miss, is not all of them may be in a position where they can roll the dice with EZA. Brandon was running and a founder of gt. So i would guess he's decently well off.

Times going to tell how they are going. The only thing thats worrying, much like the guys an Funhaus they are far better as a group than individual. If you can't keep them together is it going to have the same appeal gt had.

I always think Ian and Dons production work was underappreciated. There were a ton of talented editors during the Viacom days, but think about not just the quality staying high in the Defy days, but that was 2.5 guys at most with Brandons other GT commitments. Brandon even said he was proud of his editing, but Ian could do it at the same quality but so much faster.

Whoever out of Brandon and Ian edited the Allies Assemble and/or the Patreon Announcement videos did fantastic, for instance. Probably on much less equipment than they had even at the end of GT.

Ben, you hosting the second podcast is actually the best possible outcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm very much looking forward to this. Are you still going to appear in the regular Easy Allies Podcast?

Don't want to answer for Ben since he's been awesomely pretty active here, but in case he misses it, I believe he's still in that pool for the two rotation seats.

ilium

I always think Ian and Dons production work was underappreciated. There were a ton of talented editors during the Viacom days, but think about not just the quality staying high in the Defy days, but that was 2.5 guys at most with Brandons other GT commitments. Brandon even said he was proud of his editing, but Ian could do it at the same quality but so much faster.

Whoever out of Brandon and Ian edited the Allies Assemble and/or the Patreon Announcement videos did fantastic, for instance. Probably on much less equipment than they had even at the end of GT.

Yea, editing was always really strong with GT throughout. Especially during the last years there were those subtle cuts and edits sometimes that seemed like commentary or jokes themelves.

I like the Quick Look format, but it's usually one of the guys has already played it hosting and they are talking to the other person who hasn't. I prefer the Just Played format where everyone involved has played it and are sitting down to discuss it. A good twist, especially with multiplayer games, would be Just Played style where everyone on the video has already played it enough to discuss and debate fully, but they play the game during the talk.

That works as well. We are all just thirsty right now.

sora87

Bring back "What's the deal with?" I say

Hasney

Jesus, just got to the part of the Mario Party game where Ian almost killed the game. Hilarious.

Bring back "What's the deal with?" I say

Oh, I forgot about that show totally! If they ever do a long group stream again, that would be awesome. Ben bringing "What's the deal with DOAX3"... :D

Also reminded me of a game series plot in x minutes. I know they weren't overall popular because of the factual errors, but I really enjoyed it knowing at the back of my head it was all from memory. Plus it's easy to do as it's one dude and a camera at it's most basic, maybe a little capture to spruce it up. Think the people that complained in the dedicated threads were the "game journalists should know better" camp.

As of right now, I'll still be rotating into the Kyle podcast.

Regarding Ian, I don't think he'll be a permanent member for multiple reasons. He has an overwhelming amount of stuff on his plate (both with EZA and without) and we rely heavily on him in so many other ways.

With that said, we are very closely looking at any and all feedback. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Also, keep in mind that Ian will be rotating into both podcasts, so you'll probably hear him more than you think.

sora87

Jesus, just got to the part of the Mario Party game where Ian almost killed the game. Hilarious.

Oh, I forgot about that show totally! If they ever do a long group stream again, that would be awesome. Ben bringing "What's the deal with DOAX3"... :D

Also reminded me of a game series plot in x minutes. I know they weren't overall popular because of the factual errors, but I really enjoyed it knowing at the back of my head it was all from memory. Plus it's easy to do as it's one dude and a camera at it's most basic, maybe a little capture to spruce it up. Think the people that complained in the dedicated threads were the "game journalists should know better" camp.

DOAX3 needs it's own segment, "Getting Lewd with Ben-Kun"

The "series plot in x minutes" videos were actually their highest performing videos along with reviews as far as views went I think.

As of right now, I'll still be rotating into the Kyle podcast.

Regarding Ian, I don't think he'll be a permanent member for multiple reasons. He has an overwhelming amount of stuff on his plate (both with EZA and without) and we rely heavily on him in so many other ways.

With that said, we are very closely looking at any and all feedback. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Also, keep in mind that Ian will be rotating into both podcasts, so you'll probably hear him more than you think.

Can I just get Ian on a couch with two others doing Blind Headlines for an hour? No, seriously.

Also ManUps!

LycanXIII

which gaf accounts are eza? the only one i remember for sure is blood because he actually uses himself as his avatar lol

In the OP.

STAFF TWITTERS & GAF ACCOUNTS

Brandon Jones - @TrailerJones GAF: GameTrailersVO
Daniel Bloodworth - @dbloodworth2 GAF: Bloodworth
Kyle Bosman - @kylebosman GAF: Bosman
Michael Huber - @MichealPHuber GAF: HuberHype
Michael Damiani - @mbdamiani GAF: Mike D
Ben Moore - @benmoore035 GAF: Grayfox431
Ian Hinck - @IanHinck GAF: IanHinck
Don Casanova - @thenasacova
Bradley Ellis - @bradleyellis87 GAF: bradbot

Hasney

It's worth noting that stuff in the Merch link just gets updated as it's designed without any fanfare, so if you're interested in anything like that, probably worth a regular check while it's still in the early stages.

Slight buyers remorse on my basic non-zip horizontal hoodie purchase which was "OMFG MERCH", just because this one appeared and is awesome:

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/easyallies/easy+allies+zip+hoodie-A104717410

Unlike non zip hoodies that I just wear around the house, I'd wear a zip hoodie out! Gonna be patient and wait for a few things due to UK shipping costs. Get that German Efficiency.

Watching the podcast now, first impression is... those chairs look really uncomfortable to me. Don't know if I could sit like that for so long. Maybe it's all in my head though, I'm just used to having armrests or a desk or table to put my arms.

Wagram

The podcast was excellent. I'm glad to have them back. Hopefully in the coming weeks they'll be more comfortable with actual seats and individual mics.

crash-14

Editing it's not that big of a deal in equipment terms. Most of them have PC gamers, so they're good to go. I also saw that Brandon has a Mac Pro (And Ian had MacOs interface on his stream so he's also good.

Camera, Lighting and specially Sound are the biggest issues. It's good they're investing on those. Don't know if they actually bought all of the equipment besides renting some of them (like the Camera).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom