• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

oh my god I hope hope HOPE we get a discussion on this weeks NX carnival of stupid and leak culture on next week's podcast

This has been something that Huber has already touched upon some time ago in huber hype, but I would totally love if Kyle or Ben's podcast could talk and extend more about it, I would love to hear their points.

About the carnival stupidity, if someone didn't laugh at all the craziness of those threads I would consider him/her dilusional, it was the best.

Brandon is pretty much doing a Q&A now with Blood playing TrackMania, it's pretty sweet and informative.

Yea it's been great.

- Kinda funny was a huge help in getting them with Patreon

- They limited the $500 tier to essentially screen them since their sponsors of all the content. Once Brandon works through them they plan on opening it up more.

- Brandon has a cat

- they're leaning towards all streams uploaded

- the name changed on YT. Should roll out soon on YTs side

- they're doing a PC build stream Tuesday.

- adding a tip jar to streams. And once have the new PC. They're starting to standee the layouts, etc.

- they're upgrading each persons home equipment for streams and shows. The goal is to have each person be as self sufficient as possible for their shows to get the content out. And meet up for tuesdays, podcasts, D&D, etc.

Thores

Yea it's been great.

- They limited the $500 tier to essentially screen them since their sponsors of all the content. Once Brandon works through them they plan on opening it up more.

- Brandon has a cat

- adding a tip jar to streams. And once have the new PC. They're starting to standee the layouts, etc.

- they're upgrading each persons home equipment for streams and shows. The goal is to have each person be as self sufficient as possible for their shows to get the content out. And meet up for tuesdays, podcasts, D&D, etc.

This is great info, thank you so much for this. It'd be great to hear the rest later if he's still answering questions.

Tankard

Yea it's been great.

- Brandon has a cat

To add to that, Brandon expanded a bit on what Ben told us here about the new podcast. EZA Podcast is about gaming news and the new one with Ben hosting will be about games itselves, even classic ones.

He also talked about Cup of Jones, it's gonna be mostly him talking about wha'ts going on with EZA weekly, like updates and stories, and it's gonna be 3 to 5 minutes long.

Cmagus

I really only followed these guys on the podcasts and some reviews back on GT I'll admit but I find seeing the guys out of that and being able to do their own thing certainly gives me more of an appreciation for them.

I knew Ben Moore from GT but never saw much of his stuff but honestly the last few streams and his stream last night he seems like a pretty awesome guy I look forward to his streams.

The new podcast was great and was the main reason I donated and I wasn't disappointed.

LycanXIII

I was hoping for this. Poor Ben sitting in a dark bland room.

I was hoping for this. Poor Ben sitting in a dark bland room.
Soon he'll have walls rolls.

And a plant!

I really only followed these guys on the podcasts and some reviews back on GT I'll admit but I find seeing the guys out of that and being able to do their own thing certainly gives me more of an appreciation for them.

I knew Ben Moore from GT but never saw much of his stuff but honestly the last few streams and his stream last night he seems like a pretty awesome guy I look forward to his streams.

The new podcast was great and was the main reason I donated and I wasn't disappointed.
Yea. You really get a sense of the crew, the dynamics and why they're awesome through the streams. It's how I got really hooked.

Plus almost all the memes come from the streams.

Lexad

Brandon just said essentially that his wife was not happy when he said what his retrospective will be. We should expect to see what that is in his cup of jones next week.

Also said don't expect a retro a month. that is anywhere from 1-3 months per retro

He posts here on occasion and has been posting somewhat frequently recently in the EZA threads. His username is Grayfox341

nib95

Banned
Jones just confirmed E3 content! So reactions to the pressers and interviews as well!

Let the good times roll.

UnsungFavorableAustraliancurlew.gif

Tankard

Very nice start. Twitch takes a pretty greedy cut, but that is a couple thousand bucks, right?

I believe it's 60/40 in favor of the streamer, so by my accounts they are making $1848 so far this month.

Another information from the stream, they will definitely be at E3 at some capacity, doing interviews and reacting to the conferences in the least.

wiibomb

Very nice to hear they are going to work on E3 content.

Bandron said they won't be doing it as the GT scale they did back in the day, but they are working on it.

I've really wanted to know that. What's the reasoning for the name?
The way he explained it was that when they met to discuss the possibility of forming up, no one said no to doing it (note: Matt Blair wasn't there. He was already doing his other opportunity) which surprised jones. Huber and others told jones they already had the name Easy Alliance as it's what they agreed a while back they would call their venture if they did their own thing. Jones liked it because it was a play off Hubers long term phrase, the fan community used it, it conveyed it was inclusive of not just the group but also the supporters. Then Kyle and I think Brandon's wife (this is all from memory so I might get some of this wrong) thought to shorten it to Easy Allies

Other notes:

_ Jones wants to do another GT live type show but really only if they get to something like s common studio setup
_ the shows each person does will likely evolve based on fan/patreon feedback. Nothing st too in stone besides the podcast and D&D
_ they might not always follow the latest hot game and venture off to other things based on feedback.
_ publishers have been very responsive to them regarding early game copies for reviews, access, etc.
- totally down for crossovers with other shows but want to focus on getting their own content rhythm set first. But no real rules or boundaries there.

timmyp53

Let the good times roll.

UnsungFavorableAustraliancurlew.gif

Jones wants to do another GT live type show but really only if they get to something like s common studio setup

50k here we come. We need to get these guys their own office/studio to work in. Moments like this can happen again!
Keep this train rolling folks!!!.

Can't be disrespectful and have people interviewed in Brandons garage now can we lol?

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, that first 35k they get in April is probably going to be dedicated to equipment.

So the new couch, all the audio stuff they got, all the computers, etc. That'll be a few thousand at least.

But in May, they won't have to spend anymore of that money.

I really hope they can get more group streams going. At least 1 more extra. Like, they get together on a Tuesday for 2 hours, then everyone is by themselves for the rest of the week.
Dunno, I feel like these are super important. They'll probably get most of their twitch subs from this.

Yeah, that first 35k they get in April is probably going to be dedicated to equipment.

So the new couch, all the audio stuff they got, all the computers, etc. That'll be a few thousand at least.

But in May, they won't have to spend anymore of that money.

I really hope they can get more group streams going. At least 1 more extra. Like, they get together on a Tuesday for 2 hours, then everyone is by themselves for the rest of the week.
Dunno, I feel like these are super important. They'll probably get most of their twitch subs from this.
I think they'll happen but not until things settle down and also it won't be always more than once per week.

Like when blood streams he's likely to do it at Brandon's place so those two interact. Other cases you had Brad play online in Hubers stream. When they were layed off you had Ben and Brad sync up multiple times to do Zelda streams, etc. the RE6 playthrough will be done soon and co-op. And hopefully we will finally get the return of the JRPG stream crew to resume Mario RPG

Edit: also the D&D show will be a huge addition with the crew interactions.

sappyday

I hope they don't tie themselves entirely to video games. One thing I really liked about ManUps Was when they would just ramble about random stuff.

I would like for them to talk about movies or shows.

wiibomb

Now they are into the souls games, one retrospective of them, now that DkS3 is realeasing, would be quite nice.

In fact, I'm patently awaiting that

crimilde

Banned
I agree with everyone, I'd love the streams on YouTube. The PS4 twitch app is kinda crap, random errors and "oops something went wrong "s and no sound sometimes when I start playing an archived video...

Edit: By the way, why are they not using youtube gaming streaming? I know youtube added subscriptions like twitch. And the quality is way better from what I saw.
Just wondering why they went with twitch, has that been addressed by the team? I don't remember anything of the sort.

I agree with everyone, I'd love the streams on YouTube. The PS4 twitch app is kinda crap, random errors and "oops something went wrong "s and no sound sometimes when I start playing an archived video...

Edit: By the way, why are they not using youtube gaming streaming? I know youtube added subscriptions like twitch. And the quality is way better from what I saw.
Just wondering why they went with twitch, has that been addressed by the team? I don't remember anything of the sort.

Twitch is still way more popular than youtube gaming by a ton. In my marketing class we actually just did a bunch of research on this and the differences was huge in terms of popularity.

For streaming, as much as I'd prefer YT gaming there's no denying Twitch is the significantly more popular platform ATM.

I just want YT archives.

Wait, there's a debate on whether to put Twitch stream archives on YT? o_O
I'm in GMT+1 timezone and I can't follow their streams.
Twitch archive is bullshit as we all know and stuff is gone after two weeks.

So WHY is this even a debate? Serious question. I'm sure they have / will have the equipment necessary to record and later upload their streams.

Wait, there's a debate on whether to put Twitch stream archives on YT? o_O
I'm in GMT+1 timezone and I can't follow their streams.
Twitch archive is bullshit as we all know and stuff is gone after two weeks.

So WHY is this even a debate? Serious question. I'm sure they have / will have the equipment necessary to record and later upload their streams.

They are putting up the streams on youtube just not live.

Just like with their GT days, it seems Toybox Tuesday gets uploaded to Youtube no matter what.

I'd like all of their streams on Youtube too. Being a fan from the UK means I can very rarely watch them live. And, as has been mentioned more than once already, Twitch is utter arse.

Kinda Funny puts their YT upload of Twitch daily streams behind a Patreon paywall.

It doesn't seem like things are as clear cut as it looks.

Bittercup

Twitch archive is garbage.

Tons and TONS of GT twitch streams are gone.

The Chicago Enforcer playthrough Kyle did was one of the funniest GT things I think I have ever seen.

It can never be watched again. It has been erased from the internet.
After GT was closed some people were archiving and uploading their streams. Some of the lost streams even reappeared.
I lost track of what's available now and where.
But I have the Chicago Enforcer playthrough and can upload it if no one else did already.

crimilde

Banned
Blood and Brandon were talking tonight on the stream like it was a sure thing.

Oh cool. Ha. Good news.

Twitch is still way more popular than youtube gaming by a ton. In my marketing class we actually just did a bunch of research on this and the differences was huge in terms of popularity.

For streaming, as much as I'd prefer YT gaming there's no denying Twitch is the significantly more popular platform ATM.

I just want YT archives.

Ah I see. Nothing to be done then. I didn't use twitch that much besides GT/EZA archives and the random EU friendly streams so I had no idea YT was still behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom