• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if people can get the news from Kyle and Brandon then why would they find the need to follow easy allies then?

Also didn't Ben say he was going to stream DS3 on his personal twitch account today?

Some scheduling problems arose. I'm going to try to stream the English version of DS3 very soon.

Wiggy

Well if people can get the news from Kyle and Brandon then why would they find the need to follow easy allies then?
I was thinking more about boosting video views than twitter followers tbh. And I got the idea from how the Kinda Funny guys always promote their content on their personal accounts as well as on the Kinda Funny official account.

Nah, the whole point of those threads really is so we can go talk about it and not spoil stuff in here. Can be annoying to read a ton of posts with spoiler tags.

Yeah i guess there is no good solution, just seems a bit awkward the current set up. Alienating for newcomers and splitting the discussion into two camps.

Maligna

Banned
Just curious. For those of you who are fans of these guys and get enjoyment out of the work they do, but aren't Patrons. What would change your mind and get you to donate?

Hasney

Yeah i guess there is no good solution, just seems a bit awkward the current set up. Alienating for newcomers and splitting the discussion into two camps.

Yeah, it's going to be the same whichever way. It'll probably be alienating in here too with pages of spoiler posts if there's things people want to discuss, or a thread for the podcast on a Friday that gets no traction or bumps because the majority of us that want to discuss it have likely backed, but already discussed it in here rather than waiting for a Friday podcast.

I was thinking more about boosting video views than twitter followers tbh. And I got the idea from how the Kinda Funny guys always promote their content on their personal accounts as well as on the Kinda Funny official account.

This is true! And I get your point about boosting the video views since that is more important.

I would need a job with steady income and for Kyle's new show to benefit from it.

So other than your job, which I hope you find one soon, it seems you are mainly just a fan of Kyle then?

But a donation to EZA helps him too. Also not trying to guilt ya into anything just pointing out that becoming a patreon helps him too.

So other than your job, which I hope you find one soon, it seems you are mainly just a fan of Kyle then?

But a donation to EZA helps him too. Also not trying to guilt ya into anything just pointing out that becoming a patreon helps him too.

I like them all, but The Final Bosman was my favourite game related show and introduced me to the site. I'm slightly miffed that he's going the lower-budget, more casual route when people would gladly pay for his stuff. I know he's anxious about it which I can totally understand but at the same time it's pretty irrational. In a sweet way.

Wiggy

Yeah, it's going to be the same whichever way. It'll probably be alienating in here too with pages of spoiler posts if there's things people want to discuss, or a thread for the podcast on a Friday that gets no traction or bumps because the majority of us that want to discuss it have likely backed, but already discussed it in here rather than waiting for a Friday podcast.

yup, probably doesnt matter anyway, dont think a gaf bump would do much.

yup, probably doesnt matter anyway, dont think a gaf bump would do much.

I think any GAFers that will support a patreon are already on board. They have had a lot of visibility on the front page so the news is out there. The patreon is entering the long and slow burn mode now.

I like them all, but The Final Bosman was my favourite game related show and introduced me to the site. I'm slightly miffed that he's going the lower-budget, more casual route when people would gladly pay for his stuff. I know he's anxious about it which I can totally understand but at the same time it's pretty irrational. In a sweet way.

I get what you are saying dude, I would raise my pledge if Kyle's show was in there.

For the guys who are getting behind the idea of all archives being released on one day either once a week or once a month, consider the nature of the video game videos market.

We're in a world where the first person who posts long format video of a popular game to Youtube gets hundreds of thousands, if not millions of views and the 2nd person gets 1/2 to 1/4 of that number. Pewdiepie is partially successful because of how early and consistent he is with his let's play posts.

This isn't to say that EZA is expected to be doing world firsts of anything, but to highlight the importance of timeliness. In video games, it has been demonstrated over and over again that the world appreciates two things above all others - novelty and timing.

There is a reason why Giant Bomb has been harried since their inception regarding getting things archived quickly. It progressed to a point where Vinny got the company to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a multi-layered, redundancy-capable archiving system to the point where any and all of their live stuff is on both their site and youtube at multiple quality levels within hours (with very rare exceptions such as their 24 hour streams).

People don't like missing out on the zeitgeist created by live stuff - whether it be memes (Sweeny!), surprise news (content announcements) or other such things.

Streams surrounding new games have even more impetus behind getting up archives ASAP. For example, when Dark Souls III comes out early next month, many viewers - especially patrons outside of America/EU - would feel really left out if they have to wait till the weekend, or worse, the end of the month to see Ben's inevitable live stream.

The topic keeps coming up, and it seems like I'm one of the strongest proponents on here for an all-livestreams-as-fast-as-possible-preferably-in-one-place stance.

If it's just me who wants to kick up a stink, I may just stay quiet about it from here on and let everyone come to their own conclusions. I will say, though, that if the guys settle on once a week I'll be sad and disappointed but relatively understanding - if it's once a month, I'm out.

I think your posts are articulate and reasonable. We are ABSOLUTELY listening and we are moving as quickly as we can. I know sometimes it can feel like these words are falling on deaf ears but they aren't. I realize asking one to two weeks seems like a lot, especially in the moment, but it's honestly the time we need to get settled. I'm 100 percent with you on getting those archives up IMMEDIATELY.

RedAssedApe

Banned
personally prefer one thread. never really liked having separate spoiler and non-spoiler threads for things or multiple threads in general. having the contents of a podcast spoiled for me doesn't really bother me.

if they are following the same format as GTTime you kind of already know what they are going to be talking about anyways. are other shows going to be delayed for non-patrons as well?

I think your posts are articulate and reasonable. We are ABSOLUTELY listening and we are moving as quickly as we can. I know sometimes it can feel like these words are falling on deaf ears but they aren't. I realize asking one to two weeks seems like a lot, especially in the moment, but it's honestly the time we need to get settled. I'm 100 percent with you on getting those archives up IMMEDIATELY.

As an avid viewer from the UK who can't watch half as many streams live as he'd like, that is music to my ears.

Gotta say I am a tad disappointed with the first podcast.

Not really about the production values as I know it will improve over time with the patreon results but from the content itself.

While commenting on PS4.5 they briefly mentioned that Phil Spencer ventilated that possibility for Xbox and used that only as an opportunity to take jabs at MS, something that happened a few more times during the episode.

I really don't like this approach and they were taking sides already while on GT and I think they should be more focused on GAMES and the experience they provide instead of buying into console wars or technical matters (specially the latter because they honestly don't have a clue).

I'll stick around for a few more shows and episodes but if this trend continues I'll drop, unfortunately.

Not really about the production values as I know it will improve over time with the patreon results but from the content itself.

While commenting on PS4.5 they briefly mentioned that Phil Spencer ventilated that possibility for Xbox and used that only as an opportunity to take jabs at MS, something that happened a few more times during the episode.

I really don't like this approach and they were taking sides already while on GT and I think they should be more focused on GAMES and the experience they provide instead of buying into console wars or technical matters (specially the latter because they honestly don't have a clue).

I'll stick around for a few more shows and episodes but if this trend continues I'll drop, unfortunately.
I think you're reading into things that aren't there and being hyper sensitive. Some espressed liking things rumored (Brandon), some hated it (Kyle) and the others were in the middle. There were no sides

UrbanRats

Taking jabs at a company is not necessarily buying into the whole console war bullshit.
And a bit of humor never killed anyone, we're talking about videogames, not leukemia.

Aters

They are a little too pro-Sony I think. I remember I watched an episode of GT time in which they make fun of the new Nintendo online policy. I honestly didn't find anything funny about it.
Anyway, I don't care for podcast that much so it doesn't really bother me.

Hasney

They are a little too pro-Sony I think. I remember I watched an episode of GT time in which they make fun of the new Nintendo online policy. I honestly didn't find anything funny about it.

I own almost every Nintendo first party game on 3DS and Wii U and the Nintendo online policy is a joke until proven otherwise and should probably be laughed at until tears come out, seeing as it is 2016.

Liamc723

In 2016, Nintendo's online policies absolutely are a joke.

fastmower

Did you never listen to GT Time? These are the topics that get discussed.

ilium

What? No! I don't want to straight repost the comprehensive argument that I've made elsewhere, so check it out here

1238-0Onjd-909A-12HH-A236-KNK8-4444-1111-4444-ABABABABA

635876258360811560-1469249714_crazy.gif

I think this is what Ben's show will basically be.

Maligna

Banned

Most of these guys love Nintendo. If they are pointing out flaws, it's only because they want Nintendo to do better and be more successful.

Szeth

I agree, Nintendo's online decisions have been a joke for about a decade now, the joke is old at this point.

Aters

I own almost every Nintendo first party game on 3DS and Wii U and the Nintendo online policy is a joke until proven otherwise and should probably be laughed at until tears come out, seeing as it is 2016.

I think the new policy is straight forward and simple, and Nintendo is basically giving free games. Plus Nintendo is not charging for multiplayer if I remember correctly.

Fat4all

Banned
I think the new policy is straight forward and simple, and Nintendo is basically giving free games. Plus Nintendo is not charging for multiplayer if I remember correctly.

It's still exceptionally unproven in the market until the NX comes out. One of Nintendo's biggest flaws is all the hoops with their account system.

PepperedHam

Just listened to the podcast, man I love these guys. I missed GT Time so much, they have one of the most well put together structures when it comes to gaming podcasts nothing ever meanders on. Bosman is a great moderator/host. So glad to have this back.

Nintendo's online presence will never not be a joke until Nintendo gets it together.

Listened to the podcast last night and it felt good to be back! Excited for EZ ;]

Spman2099

I think you are maybe being a little too sensitive. They take jabs at all companies on the show. None of them ever seem to be mean spirited. It isn't buying into the console war, it is just providing funny commentary.

That being said, if it makes you unhappy you absolutely shouldn't watch it. Not everything is for everyone.

It was a good first podcast. I listened to the Beastcast the past few weeks and Kyle moderating the whole thing makes such a difference. It's really much better than people just rambling and stating their opinions.

It's good to have it back. So good.

Umibozu

I liked their first podcast, no complaints overall
personally prefer one thread. never really liked having separate spoiler and non-spoiler threads for things or multiple threads in general. having the contents of a podcast spoiled for me doesn't really bother me.

if they are following the same format as GTTime you kind of already know what they are going to be talking about anyways. are other shows going to be delayed for non-patrons as well?
I think separate threads are better as there are separate communities (those that follow a specific personality and those that follow all of easy allies content). I think it also allows for more discussion for the topics covered in the videos. Also I don't personally want to see pages of posts in spoilers.

Most of these guys love Nintendo. If they are pointing out flaws, it's only because they want Nintendo to do better and be more successful.
I don't know about that. Most of their affinity for Nintendo comes from games they played two decades ago, even their current Nintendo fan boy couldn't be bothered to play 3ds games in the just played videos he used to do and regularly shits on games just on principle (kyle with triforce heroes, Mario maker before he played it, Mario Galaxy 2, any game with miyamoto's involvement, etc.).
They are perfectly entitled to have those opinions but when their natural starting point is a negative one it can become tiresome; this regarding not just nintendo but all game companies they cover, even their last podcast was a little strange to me in regards to their ps4.5/Xbox discussions.

It's still exceptionally unproven in the market until the NX comes out. One of Nintendo's biggest flaws is all the hoops with their account system.
It's agree fully with this sentiment, their handling of the account system is to be seen.
I'm still a little hesitant on whether or not they will screw it up.

Auctopus

Lol, you guys need to watch some older GT. These guys are some of the only journos that give a shit about Nintendo.

Fat4all

Banned
It's agree fully with this sentiment, their handling of the account system is to be seen.
I'm still a little hesitant on whether or not they will screw it up.

At the very least, Nintendo seems to understand they need to get it right this time. They've been well aware for a while now that their account system needed to be updates and seem to be making all the right steps.

Very eager to see how it all interconnects on the NX.

The boys like Nintendo as much as any non-Nintendo dedicated team i've watched online. They are very unbiased, if a company makes a mistake they will talk about it.

If they seem like they are pro Sony its just because Sony has made the least mistakes this gen.

You serious? It was pretty clear and obvious they were ps4 fanboys at GT.

dreamfall

That was a ton of fun - I usually just listen, but I switched video because I wanted to check out their setup for this one episode.

I love these guys - keep up the amazing work!

I think you are maybe being a little too sensitive. They take jabs at all companies on the show. None of them ever seem to be mean spirited. It isn't buying into the console war, it is just providing funny commentary.

That being said, if it makes you unhappy you absolutely shouldn't watch it. Not everything is for everyone.

It doesn't make me unhappy, it just doesn't ring the right bell. They sound like Sony fanboys sometimes and this comes from GT era, not just now and it was a criticism I've made then and something I've hoped would have changed. Hopefully the individual shows, like Bosman's, Ian's, Huber's and Ben's will not be like this.

635876258360811560-1469249714_crazy.gif

I think this is what Ben's show will basically be.

Ben and Huber are usually more content oriented in my opinion, not really platform bonded. Bosman was more like this until E3 2014 where he went Sony overboard.

Over at GT yes but I thought that could be some editorial/corporate guideline given and that could be changed.

Over at GT yes but I thought that could be some editorial/corporate guideline given and that could be changed.
What

You seriously think they had orders from up top to favor PS4? If anything, the order would be to maintain bias

It's "personality driven content" and they share their opinions and preferences.

It was a good first podcast. I listened to the Beastcast the past few weeks and Kyle moderating the whole thing makes such a difference. It's really much better than people just rambling and stating their opinions.

It's good to have it back. So good.

Yeah, man it's so good to have this back.

Also, I agree, Kyle does a fantastic job moderating and leading into the topics.

Umibozu

I think they're fanboys of whatever console is doing the best at the time, and rightfully so. If a certain console is providing the best content, why wouldn't you be a fan of it. GT were seen as 360 fanboys during the viacom era, playstation is currently hitting all the right notes with consumers (and probably with the staff too) so it makes sense if the staff speak its praises.

The only person who could be called a fanboy is Ian for PS4, otherwise I wouldn't agree with that for anyone else. And I'm not saying that as a slight against Ian because I find him hilarious, but I really don't think anyone else is remotely close to what I'd personally call a fanboy (someone who's blinded by their bias).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom