• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyp53

I don't see why people think its a big deal to simply talk about it either. Don't need spoiler tags for anything(for any thread). As long as you aren't posting up the actual content what does it matter?

Mikey Jr.

Lol no. It's public on their patron wall. Why so extreme with the spoilers stuff?

Ohh, didn't even scroll down.

Had no idea there was a Patron wall, lol.

I just thought the basic patron had just the spiel about who they were and thats it.

Disregard my post.

And what spoiler stuff are you talking about?

wiibomb

Lol no. It's public on their patron wall. Why so extreme with the spoilers stuff?

It is not about the spoilers, but about the patreon only content, that content shluld be only for the backers, so sharing it with everyone is disrespectful.

Of course that post was for everyone, so there is really no problem here

timmyp53

Going to bed again, so podcast should be up while I sleep. One more time, would be awesome if someone made a thread I think:

EASY ALLIES PODCAST

Happening this very week! They'll be recorded Tuesdays, up on Patreon on Wednesday and up for everyone on YouTube and (hopefully) iTunes Friday.

Out of courtesy for non-pledgers, please keep all podcast discussion spoiler tagged if talking about it in this thread. Feel free to make a seperate thread for each podcast and we can discuss it there without the need to tag. I'll try and do it, but I'm British so timezones may not align and all that.

I mean what's the purpose of spoiler-tagging. I don't see any use to it.

timmyp53

That's pretty damn silly if you ask me. Spoiler tagging a discussion? I mean I guess I can understand posting gifs or something because they are essentially videos with no sound but just discussing it wouldn't hurt anything. If anything it helps them through exposure of their funny moments. Then potential viewers/patrons can go on to actually watch the said content.

jbluzb

The patreon is still growing. Once all shows are out, I expect more people to pledge 😃 as the core audience already made their support. The reach and audience will grow more and hit 40k 😊

wiibomb

That's pretty damn silly if you ask me. Spoiler tagging a discussion? I mean I guess I can understand posting gifs or something because they are essentially videos with no sound but just discussing it wouldn't hurt anything. If anything it helps them through exposure of their funny moments. Then potential viewers/patrons can go on to actually watch the said content.

I only see the worth of it in TA, because it is basically an RPG and spoiling it for someone isn't nice.

Other than that I don't see much point, the themes of a podcast aren't really all that spoiling.

sora87

giphy.gif

bones123

Never really had gotten into the GameTrailers ethos before they got shut down. Listened and watched their first podcast as EasyAllies while drinking my morning coffee, and I fucking loved it. Kinda makes me wish I'd known about them earlier.

Judging by the amount of people who only know them for last E3 now, I'd say that's a good bet

Totally agreed. Especially if Geoff helps out too. But I was happy to hear that they are doing what they did last year again for it with or without a stage. At least that is the plan. So whether they do it from Jones's couch or from somewhere else it seems like they really want to do it

"Must Be Nice" shirts still MIA. Maybe they've gone back to the drawing board or something.

Wasn't too stoked on any of the design choices but I would've bought it regardless haha

I do think it's awesome that Spreadshirt allows them to literally just throw up whatever on the site. If it's all just made on demand they can take risks on random stuff and see what sticks

fastmower

Never really had gotten into the GameTrailers ethos before they got shut down. Listened and watched their first podcast as EasyAllies while drinking my morning coffee, and I fucking loved it. Kinda makes me wish I'd known about them earlier.
This makes me happy!

Look for the GameTrailers Retrospectives, and you'll completely fall in love then.

bones123

This makes me happy!
Me too, friend. Me too. I love intelligent gaming discussion, and Brandon's perspective on some things makes me happy inside. And his voice makes me tingle.
Palabragrís;199319606 said:
Look for the GameTrailers Retrospectives, and you'll completely fall in love then.
Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

This retrospective should be the one you start with. I am pretty biased since I am a massive FF fan but it is probably their best one but also one of if not the longest. It doesn't have XIII and beyond included though since it was completed around 2007 I believe.

But if that isn't up your alley in terms of series they have done a bunch others

This retrospective should be the one you start with. I am pretty biased since I am a massive FF fan but it is probably their best one but also one of if not the longest. It doesn't have XIII and beyond included though since it was completed around 2007 I believe.

But if that isn't up your alley in terms of series they have done a bunch others

+1 to that.
I started following GT because of that Retrospective. It was their 'obra maestra' to me.

fastmower

Me too, friend. Me too. I love intelligent gaming discussion, and Brandon's perspective on some things makes me happy inside. And his voice makes me tingle.

If you feel like watching/listening to their old GT Times, those are great (the EZA podcast is just a continuation of those).

I never listened to any of their podcasts on Gametrailers...only went to that site for the reviews. After reading about what was happening with EZA, I decided to watch the first podcast episode on YouTube. It was awesome and I really like these guys. I must say, I prefer their podcast to Greg and Colin's on Kinda Funny. Think I'll listen to EZA podcasts on my commute from now on.

I never listened to any of their podcasts on Gametrailers...only went to that site for the reviews. After reading about what was happening with EZA, I decided to watch the first podcast episode on YouTube. It was awesome and I really like these guys. I must say, I prefer their podcast to Greg and Colin's on Kinda Funny. Think I'll listen to EZA podcasts on my commute from now on.
Excellent. Welcome! :)

LycanXIII

I just started watching TTA on the Archive channel earlier today. How many episodes did it get to before it ended?

Also, looking at the new group, it's going to be Brad, Huber, Ben and ??? Kyle?

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, they probably don't have a specific bias towards Playstation.

I just think Playstation has more of the games they are interested in. Persona, Yakuza, weird Japanese game, plus it has the AAA games.

Plus they really do love Nintendo as well.

Between those 2 consoles, it covers all their needs. Xbox just kind of overlaps in that regard, so its not really talked about that much.

Honestly, I like Ian and could probably get along with him. However, I don't really understand this at all. =/

It felt like no effort was put into it.

edit: Obviously there was effort put into the "song", but I didn't feel it. Oh well, maybe his stuff isn't for me.

Happy to see Easy Update is as experimental as ManUps. The beautist one is back.

Double happy to see Brad is part of the new D&D campaign. Really enjoyed him on the Fiasco episodes they did.

Do we know what Don is up to yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom