• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

They're all available on the site, but each episode is broken up into multiple parts.

Episode 5 Part 1

I have them all downloaded so I can upload them to YT if people want.

That's awesome. How did you find them? Even doing a site search or a Google search with site:Gametrailers.com can't find them. Wondering if I could find other stuff that was thought to be lost.

Gametrailers Archive on YouTube has them all bar episodes 5-17, so if you have them and don't mind uploading, that would be amazing.

timmyp53

That's awesome. How did you find them? Even doing a site search or a Google search with site:Gametrailers.com can't find them.

Gametrailers Archive on YouTube has them all bar episodes 5-17, so if you have them and don't mind uploading, that would be amazing.

Or link us to them so I can download them myself.

Was there a difference in audio for GT Time between YouTube and iTunes? How was the audio quality, did they add music, transition sounds, etc.?

I watched on YouTube and it seemed fine.

Wiggy

I noticed they havent put ads on their youtube vids, is this because they are patreon funded like what Jim Sterling does with the Jimquisition? Not that i mind ads or anything just curious. Maybe they just havent got round to sorting that out yet.

Hasney

I noticed they havent put ads on their youtube vids, is this because they are patreon funded like what Jim Sterling does with the Jimquisition? Not that i mind ads or anything just curious. Maybe they just havent got round to sorting that out yet.

Not sure of they're planning to or not, but I do know you have to apply for it and YouTube isn't always the quickest system to deal with.

<3

How did you manage to find the links though? Seriously, even the auto archive crawlers haven't found them I don't believe.
I spent a few hours combing through the site in the days after GT got shutdown.

I just searched using relevant terms until I found a part of an episode and then used the embedded links to find the remaining parts of each video.

El-Suave

So what do you guys think about involving the Patreon community in the inevitable betting specials? Could be that a community member gets a spot on team Bosman and Huber or they find a way to form a community team in addition to team Huber and Bosman. That could be really fun, involve the community and get some people to pledge some money or raise their pledge.

Visceir

When fans start influencing their creative decisions I'm out. Fan interaction is part of who they are of course, but I want them to be them as much as possible. No homogenization.

What I'm slightly worried about is them not realizing what it is that the fans liked and want. Brandon saying that the priority is to get good mics/recording gear to everyone's homes so that they can produce more content while it's the group streams I enjoy the most. I'd take 2 - 3 group streams over 5 - 6 single person streams.

Same with Ian's show. if it's going to be Ian being Ian then I'll probably skip it, if it'll be a show with other members along for the ride then I'd be more likely to watch it.

timmyp53

Does anyone know where the TTA titled:
Fiasco - Episode 1: "A Wild West Fiasco" | Tabletop Adventures

fits chronologically?

GT Archives has it after episode 3?

Nbz

Not sure of they're planning to or not, but I do know you have to apply for it and YouTube isn't always the quickest system to deal with.

They likely just haven't been accepted for partner status yet. Process takes a little while to go through

NuttSack

Isn't "Dumb Game Monday" owned by Defy? Talking about the name itself not the concept.
Just want to make sure they don't get sued or something.

Hasney

I spent a few hours combing through the site in the days after GT got shutdown.

I just searched using relevant terms until I found a part of an episode and then used the embedded links to find the remaining parts of each video.

Nice, I've just downloaded the sitemap and imported into Excel to mess about with filtering to see what I could get and they were all there the whole time. All the links to the lost GT Times are there too, but broken. Annoyingly, more Invisible Walls seems to work than early 2014 GT Time.

Hasney

What I'm slightly worried about is them not realizing what it is that the fans liked and want. Brandon saying that the priority is to get good mics/recording gear to everyone's homes so that they can produce more content while it's the group streams I enjoy the most. I'd take 2 - 3 group streams over 5 - 6 single person streams.

Same with Ian's show. if it's going to be Ian being Ian then I'll probably skip it, if it'll be a show with other members along for the ride then I'd be more likely to watch it.

Quite often, the streams weren't in a group anyway. I'm sure they'll jump in with each other when they can with the big group stream on a Tuesday. I mean, think about this. We now also get 2 podcasts and Tabletop Adventures back which for a part time group, is more grouo stuff than we got at the end of GT.

I'm almost positive other people from EZA will show up on Ian's thing sometimes, but it's going to be as mad. That's why you give Ian free reign and no format now you can, it'll be a fun blast.

Isn't "Dumb Game Monday" owned by Defy? Talking about the name itself not the concept.
Just want to make sure they don't get sued or something.

I'm curious about this as well. Toybox Tuesday kept the same name too. ManUps changed.

Total guess, but with the shows having different names and the streams keeping theirs, I'm going to guess that nothing was ever copyrighted or trademarked from the stream stuff.

Who

Banned
When Ian stopped giving a fuck after Elyse left, it was kinda funny and cute

But yeah idk man.. If you're being crowdfunded you might have want to put in a little more effort into your premiere episode.

The Weekly Update format worked well but he needs a (rotating?) co host..

Hasney

When Ian stopped giving a fuck after Elyse left, it was kinda funny and cute

But yeah idk man.. If you're being crowdfunded you might have want to put in a little more effort into your premiere episode.

The Weekly Update format worked well but he needs a (rotating?) co host..

The response on Patreon has been pretty positive. It's more mixed here that's for sure.

timmyp53

The response on Patreon has been pretty positive. It's more mixed here that's for sure.

Yea Patrons have responded well to it. I know it's just the premiere but I hope it's a bit longer next time. At least 10-15 mins min.

Talking mostly about games would help too but I'm curious either way.

timmyp53

Welp :/

W/e. I'll keep uploading what I have anyway as I've already started uploading about half of them.

Thanks dude. I'm using yours because ydisk site is slow af. If you don't feel like waiting for the rest of the uploads could you post the the GT links so I could just download them myself?

Hasney

Yea Patrons have responded well to it. I know it's just the premiere but I hope it's a bit longer next time. At least 10-15 mins min.

Totally, I'm down with more of the madness. I assuming filming and cuting thst song, even wjth help, took up most of the effort of that episode, especially considering he found out he was doing a show again on Monday, then turned it around by Saturday night.

Although I'm always kinda worried he'll just above some out of copyright film to the end.

timmyp53

Totally, I'm down with more of the madness. I assuming filming and cuting thst song, even wjth help, took up most of the effort of that episode, especially considering he found out he was doing a show again on Monday, then turned it around by Saturday night.

Although I'm always kinda worried he'll just above some out of copyright film to the end.

And remember: :
Ian: I'm excited to introduce my new show, Easy Update! It's weird. And each episode is probably going to be radically different. So, it's like the weather in the MidWest, if you don't like it, just wait five minutes and it'll change! But I also welcome your input!! Let me know what you think!

It's just the start. XD

Thanks dude. I'm using yours because ydisk site is slow af. If you don't feel like waiting for the rest of the uploads could you post the the GT links so I could just download them myself?
AFAIK the easiest way to find them on GT is to search for "dungeons & dragons" on the site and sort by date added (I think it starts around page 8). If you come across an episode with missing parts just use f12 to get the embedded url and then change the part #.

Hasney

AFAIK the easiest way to find them on GT is to search for "dungeons & dragons" on the site and sort by date added (I think it starts around page 8). If you come across an episode with missing parts just use f12 to get the embedded url and then change the part #.

If you've got Excel too, can download the sitemap with a 0 at the end from here: http://www.gametrailers.com/sitemap/sitemap.xml and click data, import, other data source and XML after extracting the gzip. Then filter the first column in the data to Tabletop and sort by the date modified. Had them all in there.

Who

Banned

I definitely think a fast and loose podcast, that's not tied down to just gaming talk, has room to exist in EZA.

It's such a goddamn lovable crew. I mean they got me to listen to like 40 hours of D@D without having any prior interest or knowledge about the game.

Karu

Huuuuuge thanks to all people helping preserve TTA, seriously, awesome job! :)

Thought Easy Mandate was cool and what I want and expect from Ian. Keep doin your thing!

Visceir

Quite often, the streams weren't in a group anyway. I'm sure they'll jump in with each other when they can with the big group stream on a Tuesday. I mean, think about this. We now also get 2 podcasts and Tabletop Adventures back which for a part time group, is more grouo stuff than we got at the end of GT.

I'm almost positive other people from EZA will show up on Ian's thing sometimes, but it's going to be as mad. That's why you give Ian free reign and no format now you can, it'll be a fun blast.

Yea, I'm just voicing my opinion for the sake of discussion. I think it'll be the group shows and group streams that will do the best, their output would benefit greatly from making a concentrated effort to spend more time together and focusing on those...even if it means less streams, shows overall.

timmyp53

Yea, I'm just voicing my opinion for the sake of discussion. I think it'll be the group shows and group streams that will do the best, their output would benefit greatly from making a concentrated effort to spend more time together and focusing on those...even if it means less streams, shows overall.

I don't dislike the single man streams but I honestly thing the best way to do it while keeping some intimacy would be to do two man streams.

Group stream are a ok but it suffers the problem of clutter.

Exaggerated example:

Wide shot of EZA consisting of 1 person walking back and forth
one person eating.
one person on their phone
one person chiming in the chat/ with some random outbursts
etc etc

Doesn't really appeal to me but I can see how others like it.

It'd be awesome to have like a Brandon and Brad, Ian/Kyle, Ben/Huber,(Huber/Kyle ,etc) tag team stream schedule. My two cents =)

sora87

All I need to know is when are Ben, Brad and Kyle getting together to carry on the RPG streams, continuing with Mario RPG?

Visceir

I don't dislike the single man streams but I honestly thing the best way to do it while keeping some intimacy would be to do two man streams.

Group stream are a ok but it suffers the problem of clutter.

Exaggerated example:

Wide shot of EZA consisting of 1 person walking back and forth
one person eating.
one person on their phone
one person chiming in the chat/ with some random outbursts
etc etc

Doesn't really appeal to me but I can see how others like it.

It'd be awesome to have like a Brandon and Brad, Ian/Kyle, Ben/Huber,(Huber/Kyle ,etc) tag team stream schedule. My two cents =)

In this case more than one was my criteria for "group". The FF7 full playthrough was great in that regard with Ben and brad maining and the occasional Blood and Kyle lurking around.

I'm just glad the podcast and TTA are back, everything else is just bonus anyway.

I'm rather curious to see their first review and what their reviews will be like. I hope the regular shows will take priority over reviews though as it'd be a shame to miss out on TTA. Ben will probably have the largest workload too, doing reviews, TTA with EZA members and all those patreons, doing reviews, running a podcast and so on.

I think investing in gear for each of them was definitely a good move. Production values matter - especially if they're uploading to YouTube, but even on Twitch people expect better than a cheap headset these days. I'll tab out of anything instantly if audio quality is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom