• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

I want Huber to do his original plan of full playthroughing Resi 6's 3 campaigns with 3 different people, not just randomly messing around on it for an hour or two :(

Genuine question, as someone with currently questionable employment, would subbing the patreon for a dollar a month be a dick move? Its extra money that should (due to the crowdfunding mechanics) all mount up into a pot for them, but it also could be seen as a cheapass move. Thoughts?

Are you doing it to be a dick? No? Then it's not a dick move. Do whatever you feel is right for you. That's the beauty of this kind of thing.

Hasney

Genuine question, as someone with currently questionable employment, would subbing the patreon for a dollar a month be a dick move? Its extra money that should (due to the crowdfunding mechanics) all mount up into a pot for them, but it also could be seen as a cheapass move. Thoughts?

Not at all, if you can afford it, every little helps and I'm sure it would be appreciated. You also then get to vote on stuff and watch A Cup of Brandon tomorrow, which is exclusive to all backers!

Not a dick move. After all a huge amount of the Patreon money they get is from the smaller pledges.

Tankard

Of course not, everyone contributes with what they can, i'm pretty sure they will be happy you are trying to help them even though you don't have a stable financial situation right now.

Shang

Not at all, if you can afford it, every little helps and I'm sure it would be appreciated. You also then get to vote on stuff and watch A Cup of Brandon tomorrow, which is exclusive to all backers!

heh, it's a cup of jones, it's a play on a cup of joe.

does anyone have any idea what a cup of jones is going to actually be?

Hasney

That makes more sense... Whoops.

It's basically a weekly editorial thing. I'm just expecting it to be a weekly update on how things are progressing, what the schedule looks like and maybe a quick hot take on something.

Shang

That makes more sense... Whoops.

It's basically a weekly editorial thing. I'm just expecting it to be a weekly update on how things are progressing, what the schedule looks like and maybe a quick hot take on something.

I'd be pretty pleased with that, and that's about what I'm expecting it to be. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's pretty good

angelic

Banned
Thanks everyone, appreciate the opinions. I think i'll sub for a dollar or few, I just didnt want them to feel like im taking the piss.

sora87

Just updates on projects and what's coming up that week is what Brandon said. He said he's gonna keep it like, 4-6 minutes long so it's easy to edit on his own.

Wow. Danny O'Dwyer on Twitter said he heard Defy is now shutting down The Escapist. Maybe Defy should shut down itself if they can't afford to keep their sites running.

Szeth

I want Huber to do his original plan of full playthroughing Resi 6's 3 campaigns with 3 different people, not just randomly messing around on it for an hour or two :(

Yeah, Huber and Brad made a promise to do a full playthrough, hope they still plan to.

MrMette

If subbing for one dollar is a dick move, I am being a dick ;-)
I always said I would never sub to patreon and I changed my mind for EZA.

I really like their shows for years and I don't see a problem in paying a dollar per month to help them a bit creating their awesome videos.
I do it to help them, if people think I am being a dick by doing this, so be it (I don't really care what other people I don't know think tbh).

Just do what you think is right (btw I think they appreciate everybody subbing to their patreon, otherwise they wouldn't have created the $1 tier).

LiK

Thanks everyone, appreciate the opinions. I think i'll sub for a dollar or few, I just didnt want them to feel like im taking the piss.

Don't feel bad if you can't support them financially. Not everyone has money to burn. I do a dollar because I support multiple creators monthly and I don't wanna go broke lol

I'll change it if I decide to drop some creators for whatever reason. Already dropped one for lack of content.

Let's be clear here. Any amount you give is wonderful and fully appreciated. Doing that while you're out of work is a sacrifice we don't take lightly. Thank you.

Is he going to voice-over the review as Sam Lake?

This is one of the best things we'll never get to see (or rather hear in this case), sadly. Much like the lost episode of Huber Hype, where he's at Remedy for the Quantum Break preview event.

E: Hopefully we'll still get a Sam Lake bit on one of the shows.

13randO

That's what I'm doing. I graduate in April and I'm planning to bump my donation to 5 bucks when I collect my first pay check (with an additional 5 bucks going to Laser Time).

Hasney

That's what I'm doing. I graduate in April and I'm planning to bump my donation to 5 bucks when I collect my first pay check (with an additional 5 bucks going to Laser Time).

Yeahhh, getting that podcast early does help you get through a work day too, so double benefit.

I voted for Tropical Freeze but immediately regretted my decision. I feel like the game they are playing will set the vibe for the pc build stream. While Tropical Freeze is a much better and jollier game, seeing Huber and Brad rage about Resident Evil 6 and the rest of the crew stress out about the pc build sounds hilarious...

Tsosie

Quick question. This is my first patreon. If I am using the patreon app will I see all patreon specific posts and public posts that EZA makes?

Yeah I'm in agreement about the edited down streams for YouTube. It'll appease the folks saying the videos are too long and making highlights of the best parts makes a better video as well.

Hope this 100% doesn't happen.
How do they get review copies though, good relationship with MS? Brandon must have some contacts.

Well the President of Sony worldwide studios is a EZA Patreon, so I'd say they have pretty good contacts.

Wiggy

The EZA Podcast has hit #1 in the UK and #2 in the US (dam car talk) iTunes Gaming and Hobbies pod charts.

Well the President of Sony worldwide studios is a EZA Patreon, so I'd say they have pretty good contacts.

They should try and get him to be guest for something, maybe Kyle can serenade him again.

sora87

The EZA Podcast has hit #1 in the UK and #2 in the US (dam car talk) iTunes Gaming and Hobbies pod charts.

Whoa, didn't expect that, celebrations must be had!
giphy.gif

Wiggy

Checked a few more iTunes Store 'Gaming and Hobbies' podcast charts from around the world. Here's where the guys currently stand.

UK #1
CANADA #1
US #2
AUSTRALIA #7
GERMANY#7
NETHERLANDS #9
ITALY #14
SPAIN #20
FRANCE #196

My conclusion is the guys need to spend all the patreon money to go to Paris Games Week this year to win over France.

car talk? da fuck

Car Talk is a podcasting beast thats always number one in the gaming and hobby charts US, they joke about it on PS I Love You

Checked a few more iTunes Store 'Gaming and Hobbies' podcast charts from around the world. Here's where the guys currently stand.

UK #1
CANADA #1
US #2
AUSTRALIA #7
GERMANY#7
NETHERLANDS #9
ITALY #14
SPAIN #20
FRANCE #196

My conclusion is the guys need to spend all the patreon money to go to Paris Games Week this year to win over France.

Car Talk is a podcasting beast thats always number one in the gaming and hobby charts US, they joke about it on PS I Love You

This makes me so happy. I hope they can stay in the top ten, after the initial hype.

timmyp53

Hope this 100% doesn't happen.

IMO the twitch archiving should be done but I don't see it helping grow there audience it's just fan service for the core fans.

Maybe they should of had two pages like Brandon was thinking. Or found an alternative besides YouTube.

That's why I feel like edited down videos would be a good compromise although it would have been more work. Maybe when Don comes it'll relieve some stress?

Myggen

Keep in mind that the itunes top podcast list is heavily biased in favor of new podcasts, that is actually a worse result than I would've expected for the first episode with the following EZA has.

Not to be too much of a debbie downer :p

IMO the twitch archiving should be done but I don't see it helping grow there audience it's just fan service for the core fans.

Maybe they should of had two pages like Brandon was thinking. Or found an alternative besides YouTube.

That's why I feel like edited down videos would be a good compromise although it would have been more work. Maybe when Don comes it'll relieve some stress?
What's the problem with multiple playlists?

1 place to go for content > many

timmyp53

Keep in mind that the itunes top podcast list is heavily biased in favor of new podcasts, that is actually a worse result than I would've expected for the first episode with the following EZA has.

Not to be too much of a debbie downer :p
Next week will be more interesting.

timmyp53

What's the problem with multiple playlists?

1 place to go for content > many
There's no problem with it for me personally but people coming to their channel for the first time could immediately be put off by the let's play content ratio. Complaints from YouTube subscribers already are coming in about the feeling of it being spammy.

Gotta be another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom