• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyp53

lol people whined like shit about the twitch streams not being on youtube and now you have people on youtube bitching about them spamming the channel with them.

oh-lord-no.gif

Spman2099

lol people whined like shit about the twitch streams not being on youtube and now you have people on youtube bitching about them spamming the channel with them.

oh-lord-no.gif

This is the problem, with this kind of thing you are always going to have people that have their own personal preference. It is all about finding a balance.

That being said, when shows and reviews are joining these streams everything will look FAR more balanced.

These are unavoidable growing pains. The success of the patreon is wonderful, but it was guaranteed to cause complications.

Hasney

oh-lord-no.gif

I just went through the video comments and I only saw a single comment on the Trackmania video saying that at least.

Man, I really gotta stop coming to this thread.

I think I'm slowly coming to the realization that it is going to be a long time before things start coming together. And apparently Huber Hype is only going to be 5 minutes long.
Yeah, gonna keep my donation, but gonna check with them after a while.

A lot of Huber Hype episodes were that long, or in single digit minutes, including comments about the previous episode which are usually half the show.

LewieP

I know it would be a bunch of work and so it's not going to be a high priority, but I'd probably like edited down versions of Streams. I am not going to sit and watch a stream of a game that is an hour or more in length, but a 10 minute summary of the best/funniest bits is something I would be far more likely to watch.

No reaction stream for the FF XV event is really disappointing. I hope we'll get a good discussion on Ben's podcast.

I know it would be a bunch of work and so it's not going to be a high priority, but I'd probably like edited down versions of Streams. I am not going to sit and watch a stream of a game that is an hour or more in length, but a 10 minute summary of the best/funniest bits is something I would be far more likely to watch.

I completely agree with you. It's pretty much the reason why I never watch any streams. I just don't want to put the little free time I have into a 3 hour video of them playing games, as funny as it may get. So something like "stream highlights" would be great. But it would definitely be a lot of work and shouldn't be something they should prioritize yet. But in the future? Yeah, that would be great.

Hasney

I don't think they've monetized any of their videos yet. No ads.

Not sure if they're planning to or not (may feel like they shouldn't if they're taking money from people directly, not something I agree with, but they may think that), but YouTube partner status can take a while.

That's one of the pros and cons of the EZA crew,some of them are really passionate about going on total blackout that it affects their coverage of some highly anticipated games when some of them refuse to be spoiled on anything.

Jonnax

That's one of the pros and cons of the EZA crew,some of them are really passionate about going on total blackout that it affects their coverage of some highly anticipated games when some of them refuse to be spoiled on anything.

The way I see it, it means they actually care about games.

The way I see it, it means they actually care about games.

And that stuff should be covered by people who care about the specific games. A reaction stream for FF XV from Blood and Brandon wouldn't be as interesting, since they don't seem to be that much into the series.

Of course it would be more lucrative for them to do it anyway.

Im also on media blackout for XV, just want the release date.

Im glad that they are going in blind rather knowing pretty much everything about the game before they even play it.

Hasney

What's the advantage of them being there? Serious question, will there be gaming stations or what? Interviews?

They get to be there live and feel the crowd. That's so much fun.

I'd love to have gone if it was local to me. It's 1-2 hours long and Ben has a sneaking suspicion that FF7:R is going to be there too from what he said on his DQ:B stream.

jbluzb

I so agree with this, even with Defy they are true to themselves, people who likes and plays videogames. They are not simply people who want to capitalize on the next best reaction video in the internet.

part of the EZA charm, i guess

it has its cons, but personally I feel their genuine enthusiasm when they do this;

It's only Kyle and Huber that go on blackouts. And only for a few games. The rest don't go to that extreme

Aw man, curse you who voted for space chimps. Now we're saddled with another movie license game :/

DKHF

The FFXV reaction stream not happening is disappointing but hopefully Ben and Brad can do a discussion video on the event after it finishes/the next day.

phanphare

Banned
I love that these guys, members of the gaming media, would go on media blackout for a game. I hope they never lose that gamer mentality.

UrbanRats

Oh, nothing unless you're just happy for them/slightly jealous.

Nah i'm not jealous, and i am happy for them but also bummed, because that was the main reason why i wanted to watch the event live, as opposed to catch the news, the day after.
So now i'll probably skip it.

Hasney

Nah i'm not jealous, and i am happy for them but also bummed, because that was the main reason why i wanted to watch the event live, as opposed to catch the news, the day after.
So now i'll probably skip it.

No worries, wasn't suggesting you're jealous, I meant me because I am!

timmyp53

Yeah I'm in agreement about the edited down streams for YouTube. It'll appease the folks saying the videos are too long and making highlights of the best parts makes a better video as well.

Yeah I'm in agreement about the edited down streams for YouTube. It'll appease the folks saying the videos are too long and making highlights of the best parts makes a better video as well.

It would just mean more work and people still whining about not having the full streams on Youtube. I think they just need to upload everything on Tube, have all content neatly sorted out in playlists and have the thumbnails for streams/shows easily recognizable.

wiibomb

It would just mean more work and people still whining about not having the full streams on Youtube. I think they just need to upload everything on Tube, have all content neatly sorted out in playlists and have the thumbnails for streams/shows easily recognizable.

yeah this..

they have enough work to do for now, editing the streams is a whole new job for the channel, while that is really nice it's unnecessary work at this point. More than enough for me if they upload all the streams to youtube and place them in playlists

sora87

Editing down the streams to 10 minutes is pointless and takes time away from other things, if that's all you want the streams just aren't for you I'm afraid.

Vinc

Yeah unedited streams are the way to go. It's so odd how there doesn't seem to be any tool to kind of automate that process.

Also, I'm watching Dumb Game Monday right now as I missed it last night. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's a really fun one.

Janky Kong Country. Oh man.

Yeah unedited streams are the way to go. It's so odd how there doesn't seem to be any tool to kind of automate that process.

Also, I'm watching Dumb Game Monday right now as I missed it last night. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's a really fun one.

Janky Kong Country. Oh man.

Yeah it's a good time man.

I like how Kyle bombed Brad's stream with the comment: "Serious question 4 Brad: Why does Space Chimp have better graphics than Bloodborne?"

LOL

angelic

Banned
Genuine question, as someone with currently questionable employment, would subbing the patreon for a dollar a month be a dick move? Its extra money that should (due to the crowdfunding mechanics) all mount up into a pot for them, but it also could be seen as a cheapass move. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom